FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Should we try another site?

Should we try another site?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ickiemint OP   Man  over a year ago

Somewhere NW London

Wondering whether we should stop trying on here, and find another site?

We work apart, coz we've travelled to get decent jobs - Rich works in Wales and I work in Oxford - and we've kept the house in Wales as our family home, so we're hardly ever together anyway, and time for us to play together is SO limited. I'm ok, having found two lovely FBs in Oxford who keep me more than happy, but Rich is having no fun back in Llanelli, and is getting abuse when he tries to make friends with couples or single ladies - DESPITE us being upfront on our profile. We want to stay and play as a couple on here when time allows, but should we give up or what? Your advice would be gratefully appreciated. Suz.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have read your profile and note that the two verifications you have are just for Rich, the male part of the couple. I'm surprised that you seem to be having problems finding others to play with you as a couple. This does sound suspiciously like a single guy masquerading as a couple.

By *ickiemint OP   Man  over a year ago

Somewhere NW London

Hi Miss Martini,

Thanks for your reply. Its not the case of a single guy masquerading as a couple, just that we're hardly ever at home together any more, let alone having time to play as a couple, something i've been at pains to point out on our profile. Yes, Rich has met two people (well one couple and one lady) on his own in West Wales, in much the same way that i've met two really lovely guys from the Oxford area where I work, who I see fairly regularly as I spend more time up there than at home.

And the way you've thought is the way most people seem to think when Rich approaches them - and he very often gets blocked or gets crappy messages because of it. Perhaps it is time for us to leave, and for him to join a singles site instead - i'm sorted with regular friends, and we've been trying to find the same for him - the emphasis on regular (and been up front about it too). It just seems that there's one standard for women, and one standard for guys on here. Hey ho. Thanks for your thoughts anyway. Suz.

dont agree with him joining a singles site its for just that singles and some single females may be looking for more than just sex bit unfair on them dont you think.

its good that you are up front but i have to agree with miss martini ur profile does look like a single males trying to con his way with a couple and i am very very surprised he is having trouble finding a couple because there are couples regularly seeking single males in the meet section and quite a few are from the west wales area i can think of 4 straight away who advertise regular.

By *ev and TrevCouple  over a year ago

cardiff

Why not get Rich to set up a single profile stating the name of you're couple profile too, alot of couples who also play alone do this.

Also if you don't have time to meet as a couple at the moment could you at least find time to get Web cam verified together, I know alot of people prefer to see meet veris but it might go some way to proving you exist!

"Have read your profile and note that the two verifications you have are just for Rich, the male part of the couple. I'm surprised that you seem to be having problems finding others to play with you as a couple. This does sound suspiciously like a single guy masquerading as a couple."

Totally agree. It does look dodgy.. and people do notice these things, even if you are being 100% truthful - it still screams avoid.

The couples profile is being used by a single or singular member of the couple.. it's not really a couple.

There is only a public small image of the female - so if "he" is looking or you are looking for others to meet him then there needs to be pictures of him too.

Perhaps you should get pics of you both together and get photo validated to help your cause.

As suggested earlier, perhaps the male should have a singles profile for singular meets and use the couples profile for when you both play together - you can link to each profile and say what the deal is. (many do this)

There is something for everyone here, but you need to find others that want the same as you. Also single guys are all over - your guy will be competing with them, it's FAR easier for a singular playing girl to find meets!

Is this site for you? who knows only you know that.. by why not use a few and hedge your chances.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"- i'm sorted with regular friends, and we've been trying to find the same for him - the emphasis on regular (and been up front about it too). It just seems that there's one standard for women, and one standard for guys on here. Hey ho. Thanks for your thoughts anyway. Suz."

Then he should have a single profile.

"Wondering whether we should stop trying on here, and find another site?

We work apart, coz we've travelled to get decent jobs - Rich works in Wales and I work in Oxford - and we've kept the house in Wales as our family home, so we're hardly ever together anyway, and time for us to play together is SO limited. I'm ok, having found two lovely FBs in Oxford who keep me more than happy, but Rich is having no fun back in Llanelli, and is getting abuse when he tries to make friends with couples or single ladies - DESPITE us being upfront on our profile. We want to stay and play as a couple on here when time allows, but should we give up or what? Your advice would be gratefully appreciated. Suz."

Best advice we could offer would be at least try reading your messages lol x

i would try another site,,been on here for 3-4 years but there are so many single guys here now its impossible to have much fun unless u have a permanent fb or spouce,,sorry to be blunt but i think fab is all but over for single guys,,still it was great fun while it lasted

defo looks like a singles profile to us as someone else said put a pic up of u both together

Also you haven't been on here that long - 9 weeks? Single guys often find the wait a long & hard one - no pun intended!

You sound like a nice couple so hope you find some playmates for him soon

Some public photos might be a good idea too

u got to be so careful lately on here cos even couples who split still keep the couples profiles and veris which I think is wrong, but a genuine couple can have a single profile each as well cant they

I fail to see how another site would change your situation?

im a single guy and i see at the end of your profile your not looking bu id be happy to meet you both if only for a drink then i could verify you as a genuine couple then im sure you would have no problem getting meets or im sure some couple on this forum be very happy to meet you as a couple and verify you as its does sound odd your having problems the two verifications of just the male always gets people suspicious are there are a lot of not genuine honest people on here who spoil it for the genuine guys xx

"im a single guy and i see at the end of your profile your not looking bu id be happy to meet you both if only for a drink then i could verify you as a genuine couple then im sure you would have no problem getting meets or im sure some couple on this forum be very happy to meet you as a couple and verify you as its does sound odd your having problems the two verifications of just the male always gets people suspicious are there are a lot of not genuine honest people on here who spoil it for the genuine guys xx"

Is that the world's longest sentence?

[Removed by poster at 29/07/12 11:14:26]

"im a single guy and i see at the end of your profile your not looking bu id be happy to meet you both if only for a drink then i could verify you as a genuine couple then im sure you would have no problem getting meets or im sure some couple on this forum be very happy to meet you as a couple and verify you as its does sound odd your having problems the two verifications of just the male always gets people suspicious are there are a lot of not genuine honest people on here who spoil it for the genuine guys xx.

Is that the world's longest sentence? "

I didn't know this was supposed to be an English lesson on these forum's

» Add a new message to this topic