FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Insomnia

Insomnia

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Coming to the end of my tether with lack of sleep at the moment

I work a stupid combination of nights and day shifts which doesn't help but my ability to sleep in the night or day has got worse over the past few weeks.

I've been awake since 6am yesterday and I just can't sleep for shit.

I do take herbal sleeping tablets from Tesco and I think sometimes they're helping me fall asleep in the nights but even then I wake after 3/4 hours and am done for.

I don't really want to take prescription sleeping pills.

I exercise 5/6 days a week, don't smoke etc, I do drink a few days a week but not as excessively as I used to.

Any advice/tips please? Losing the will a little

Diolch

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ancardiff7Man  over a year ago

Near Cowbridge

Is there something playing on your mind or stressing you out? That always triggers some insomnia for me. You might have to see the GP mate x

I was hoping you or Dr Toby would be able to sort me out tbh

Seriously though I suppose I am more stressed a bit like, but I am always stressed anyway, always been the same.

Anything I can just buy as opposed to actually seeing a Doctor?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

can be form of depression, had nights like that, put on anti depressants, was given sleeping medication but never worked. still get nights like that when can't sleep til late but up early. hope get it sorted soon missp and get better soon

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

I had this since I was 14 and got worse over the years I found the tablets off the doctor only helped me for a few days .then it went back the way it was I use to spent days at a time awake then sleep for 4 hurs and start all over again . I did try everything from bath stuff to tea and walk before sleep nothing worked for me . I don’t drink and I walk at least 4 miles a day.

Stress is not going to help much as things on your mind is likely to keep anyone awake .

See the doctor and get his point of view on it .the doctors now tend to try out a few things before the tables.

One last thing the work shifts day/ night are not good for the body clock it don’t take to much to knock it out and it a pain to get back in don’t know if it’s possible for you but try 4 weeks of just day or night see if it help

Good luck I know how you feel and hope you get the help you need .. John x

By *oby le roneMan  over a year ago

Treorchy

I genuinely thought this was going to be a thread about faithless.

If you wanna be put to sleep I can always regale you with a story about the time I saw them in 2004 in the CIA and Maxie jazz threw a paddy because some guy threw a bottle on the stage.

But back to topic, insomnia is an amazing song. Almost up there with God is a DJ. Having said that, I personally think salva mea is vastly underplayed.

There was a point to this post but I really can't be botherd to scroll back up to find out what I'm on about

Hope this helps - I have no Idea what the fuck this emoji is but it looks appropriate

By *lmond SkinMan  over a year ago

Wales

Try meditation and listening to mellow music.

By *ia RooCouple  over a year ago

Port Talbot

I work strange shifts to and wake up stupid o'clock. Try a non intrusive massage som time I have done a few and have worked for my clients .

By *lease300Woman  over a year ago

merthyr

Menopause?? X

I have real trouble sleeping, but I found an app called Insight Timer which is brilliant. All different meditation exercises, sleep ypnosis etc. It's free, I listen to a ypnosis channel called Michelle's Sanctuary on there, it's really helped.

Thankyou everyone for the kind words of advice xx

Except Toby who is just a twat

Treorchy

"Thankyou everyone for the kind words of advice xx

Except Toby who is just a twat "

Yeah but I'm a lovable twat I've told you that before

I'm like you P a mix of days, nights, evenings & often some doubles, I've always suffered with insomnia which was tough when I had kids at home. I've done the whole medication, herbal, mindfulness, you name it I've tried it. I've now come to the point where I've developed a pattern 3-4 days without & then I crash, I try to build in crash time. The biggest piece of advice I can give is to accept & don't stress, now I'm accepting of my pattern I don't toss n turn at night & with the aid of podcasts I'm able to lay & chill. Try not to go down the sleeping pills route, took me 5 years to wean off them & they only ever help in the short term X

By *ighugs69Man  over a year ago

Port Talbot

Podcasts or audio books are a good idea. I normally leave the radio on as I go to sleep. Even if you don't fall sleep, listening with your eyes closed will give you some rest.

Thanks guys

I've spoken to my manager and am going to have a few weeks off nights to see if that helps me get back on track sleep wise

"Thanks guys

I've spoken to my manager and am going to have a few weeks off nights to see if that helps me get back on track sleep wise

"

It's good that your manager is taking into consideration what's going on with you at home. Nice to hear of an employer listening

Try pranayama or box breathing. Helps for me.

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"Coming to the end of my tether with lack of sleep at the moment

I work a stupid combination of nights and day shifts which doesn't help but my ability to sleep in the night or day has got worse over the past few weeks.

I do take herbal sleeping tablets from Tesco and I think sometimes they're helping me fall asleep in the nights but even then I wake after 3/4 hours and am done for.

I exercise 5/6 days a week, don't smoke etc, I do drink a few days a week but not as excessively as I used to.

Diolch "

Watch re-runs of Ospreys matches?

Sorry, couldn’t resist .

Being serious - it’s something I struggle with too. The one thing I have found helpful is “detoxing” from electronic devices. I’m pretty sure I sleep better if I refrain from using my laptop and phone for a while before bed (particularly gazing forlornly at boobs on Fab!) and switch them off.

By *uck a duckMan  over a year ago

wales

I got the same problem I'm up at 0430 everyday but staying awake is part of my job but doing 24 36 or 48 hrs on a weekend is not helping things wish my boss would understand that a 96hr week is no good to anybody oh well that's the joys of security I guess hope you can sort something out for yourself

Treorchy

"

Sorry, couldn’t resist .

"

Oh that'll cure her insomnia alright. Permanently.

On a serious note though, I hope it gets sorted. Must be awful not being able to sleep especially if you got work and kids.

By *ymru man 1Man  over a year ago

West Wales

"Thanks guys

"

I suffered exactly the same especially coming off nights used to exercise a lot but what worked for me was a 2 mile daily walk without my phone….

By *aker and her beastCouple  over a year ago

Newport

"

Sorry, couldn’t resist .

Oh that'll cure her insomnia alright. Permanently.

On a serious note though, I hope it gets sorted. Must be awful not being able to sleep especially if you got work and kids. "

You don't half talk some shit Toby!

Her x

By *reshcplCouple  over a year ago

pembs

I suffer lack of sleeping ability, and find when I have a good sleep I feel worse. For me, I’ve discovered worrying about it makes it worse, an orgasm helps and sleep mist is a must.

Tv on with crap that doesn’t make you think, a chat to people on here usually helps me switch off from everything else buzzing around in my head.. good luck x

By *agertha73Couple  over a year ago

Cardiff

Learn to squat, bench and deadlift. Attend the gym three times a week. Increase the weight every time you go. Become tired. Eat and sleep to recover.

By *heRazorsEdgeMan  over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

As someone who works day and night shifts I’ve had this happen to me on a few occasions. Here is a brief list of what helped me…

1. Cut out coffee and normal tea. I have just water, fruit juices or mint tea when I start to struggle sleeping.

2. Cut out screen time at least an hour before bed (preferably 2). If you absolutely have to use a phone etc then use the night shift mode to reduce blue light, but try and avoid it altogether.

3. Find an activity that you can do that calms your mind. I personally started painting models but I know other creative things like knitting and sculpting work too.

4. Try using the Calm app, have been recommended it many times

5. If you’re struggling to sleep don’t just lay there waiting to go back to sleep when you wake. Get up and do something, no matter what the time. It’s easier to then go back to bed and fall asleep than laying there worrying about how you can’t sleep

By *hrillingEncountersMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

That sounds like great advice. Will give that app a try

By *e 1812Man  over a year ago

Bargoed-ish.

"Coming to the end of my tether with lack of sleep at the moment

Diolch "

You could try listening to Delta waves on YouTube.

On a more practical note, maybe get some Valerian root from somewhere like Holland & Barrett. Then make Valerian tea with it. I couldn't advise you on how much to use for the strength of it as I've never tried it myself. Just a suggestion. Think it's about £20 a box.

CBD? I use it mainly for recovery purposes, but certainly seem to sleep easier on it...

By *aughtyintownMan  over a year ago

Newport

I'm working traditional hours but find myself waking at about 3:30-4:30am a few times a week. I only drink twice a week, exercise 5-6 times weekly and like you I think it could be stress related. But sometimes it just isn't that easy to deal with the source of the stress.

Good idea to change your routine, let us know if it helps.

Mike

By *ortcouple20Couple  over a year ago

Port Talbot

Half a dose of night nurse works wonders for me. Especially after a night shift. 7hrs undisturbed, waking up with a pillow full of dribble ready for the day ahead.

» Add a new message to this topic