FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Conspicuous by its absence.

Conspicuous by its absence.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm surprised that there isn't one thread about the movie that's causing so much violence and controversy - Innocence of Muslims.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Your having a laugh ain't you? This is a swingers forum and not a social media forum.

I'm sure they don't worry about the amount of fakes on fab or te stupid cliques in the chat room and socials.

I totally respect the topic you've mentioned and I have a view on it but this isn't the place to discuss it x

I think you will find that the majority of threads on this site have little to do with swinging. When we meet someone for some swinging fun it makes it far more interesting if they are able to hold a reasonable conversation or have some knowledge about current affairs. A persons response to a posting will give an indication of their intellect.

By the way, love your photos.

"I think you will find that the majority of threads on this site have little to do with swinging. When we meet someone for some swinging fun it makes it far more interesting if they are able to hold a reasonable conversation or have some knowledge about current affairs. A persons response to a posting will give an indication of their intellect."

That's an excellent point and on the whole correct. Trying to get some cpls to understand why a lot of cpls want a cpls and single fems night at charms (like all the successful clubs have) is like digging for gold in Aberdare lol.

On the topic in hand I feel the film is insulting to Islam but the reaction the people does seem a tad over the top

Totally agree. The forums with subjects about what sexual act is best or mindless topics are so crass and repetitive.

It's nice to spot who's semi literate and capable of string a sentence together and also more importantly who may share similar perspectives.

I for one wouldn't want to associate with bigoted, aggressive sorts intent on forcing their opinions on others.

Yes didn't expect to see this thread on a swingers site, but good to see that decent folk follow the lifestyle too !

By *f3_ladyWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

This thread is about the lack of discussion about the issues caused by the film rather than issues themselves! If you wanted to discuss those perhaps you should have avoided mentioning the fact that no discussion was taking place and get straight to the point!

By *f3_ladyWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

But remember in polite society it's best to avoid discussing Religion & Politics

So let's advocate the avoidance of the issues that really affect the world ? Lol ok, maybe this is too heavy on a Sunday morning, whilst perusing a swingers site !

I don't really think it would be a long discussion..

Has the film green made deliberately to antagonise muslims? Yes.

Is the response massively disproportionate to the offence caused? Yes.

Has a lot of the response been orchestrated? Yes.

After that, i think a lot of the discussion would enter into religion and opinion and that's where it will get out of hand and people will offend / be offended.

More wars are fought due to extremist beliefs in all religions in history than because of political means.

If this film did not include the islamic prophet which is why the norwegian/danish newspaper (not sure which one) was heavily criticised for its actions.

The fact the film was supposed to have been made by a spoof israeli was not just stupid it beggared belief it could have provoked war in that region.

I hope these who allowed the film to be made are called in front of the US congress and are made to pay for their indecency which has risked and cost lives

Any person with a modicum of intelligence would be aware that a film on it's own can not cause violence.

People whom watch the film may act violently as a reaction to the film's content. I suppose that you could say that

all art is created to inspire a reaction, and thus the film/book/musical piece is ultimatley responsible, but again

IMO that would be a ritual victimisation of art. As for meets we much prefer to fuck than discuss polotics/religion/art,

probably makes us sound odd but there you go. As for the forums do we judge peoples intellect on what they post?

Not at all, we ourselves may have posted some low brow comments, some even intended as humour, does this make us simpletons,

or agents provocateur?

I must be thick then, because I've never heard of it.

"Any person with a modicum of intelligence would be aware that a film on it's own can not cause violence.

People whom watch the film may act violently as a reaction to the film's content. I suppose that you could say that

all art is created to inspire a reaction, and thus the film/book/musical piece is ultimatley responsible, but again

IMO that would be a ritual victimisation of art. As for meets we much prefer to fuck than discuss polotics/religion/art,

probably makes us sound odd but there you go. As for the forums do we judge peoples intellect on what they post?

Not at all, we ourselves may have posted some low brow comments, some even intended as humour, does this make us simpletons,

or agents provocateur?

"

Blah blah blah.....where's the cock???

By *ayseanMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Yes thats more like it! I say forget the crazy people of the world,and there are many of them,and lets all just have fun,plenty of cock here if you want it slutwife! Lol

You have a right wing, extreme evangelical Christian on one side... a ultra Muslim, intolerant faction on the other... & 'Normal society' is the sandwich in the middle!

The irony is, those two opposing 'factions' have far more in common than they dare realise!

As far as I am concerned we are all off to hell on a handcart anyway... so might as well enjoy the ride!

By *ayseanMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Very true the extremists on all sides actually share alot in common,i feel very sorry for all of them as they are all brainwashed+twisted people,you only have 1 life no point wasting it hating people

"Any person with a modicum of intelligence would be aware that a film on it's own can not cause violence.

or agents provocateur?

I'd rather think of you as Port Talbots own Agents Provocateurs

"

[Removed by poster at 16/09/12 11:59:32]

Are you for real ? Have you ever been in the position where these radical and disturbed bastards have tried to eradicate you ? Have you had to collect together the body parts of inocents whos lives have been ended by these bastards? Have you had to inform the families of these innocents that some radical extremist has just murdered thier teenage son or daughter?

I really think you should all take a good look at the "cotton wool padded" exsitance you all lead and face the facts that if we dont hate them, if we dont stop them then they will run riot and kill millions for thier insane beliefs and ways. This applies to all radical extremist groups, obviosly at the moment the focus is on the Muslims, in the 70's it was on the Irish it is all insanity and needs to be eradicated and I for despise mindless bloody violence. Lets stop this post before people who know tell to many home truths to those of you who dont.

" Are you for real ? Have you ever been in the position where these radical and disturbed bastards have tried to eradicate you ? Have you had to collect together the body parts of inocents whos lives have been ended by these bastards? Have you had to inform the families of these innocents that some radical extremist has just murdered thier teenage son or daughter?

I really think you should all take a good look at the "cotton wool padded" exsitance you all lead and face the facts that if we dont hate them, if we dont stop them then they will run riot and kill millions for thier insane beliefs and ways. This applies to all radical extremist groups, obviosly at the moment the focus is on the Muslims, in the 70's it was on the Irish it is all insanity and needs to be eradicated and I for despise mindless bloody violence. Lets stop this post before people who know tell to many home truths to those of you who dont. "

Yes good idea ! Picked up plenty of dead people in my time, but never felt the need to hate back....makes you like the minority. Pleasant forum topic anyone ?

they are not getting there word a cross burning foreign embassys...i know lets burn a KFC as its a colonel sanders thank god mcdonalds is not run by a brigader

"Blah blah blah.....where's the cock??? "

This politics shit is too brainy for me, haha.

By *oobsCouple  over a year ago

cardiff

Looked it up, watched it.

A ludicrous, hate filled, xenophobic diatribe clearly designed to cause maximum offence.

The film makers would have needed to be living on Mars for the past 2 decades not to realise the reaction this film would cause.

For a community such as this forum, based on liberal free choice and hedonism with few if any boundaries the anger caused is difficult to appreciate.

But for a part of the world where art conforms to religious rules, not through censorship but through cultural norm, there must be a stregnth of feeling akin to but way beyond the Mary Whitehouse censorship movement of the 60's and 70's.

It is then all to easy for those with a political agenda based on land not religion to exploit that religious and cultural based anger and channel it into violent protest.

Furthermore we do not allow free speech either here or in the states when it is likely to cause public disorder. It seems rather xenophobic to us the freedom of speech defence in producing works designed to cause public disorder abroad.

Well written analysis Noobs!

I wonder if the maker of the film had a hidden agenda - To give reason to Muslims to wage violence, murder and possibly war on western society. In fact something relatively simple as this film could precipitate a Muslim/Western society war. The consequences are truly frightening.

One thing that I find difficulty in understanding the mentality of Muslims is - if Muslims hate Western society and all it stands for so much, then why do so many Muslims migrate to the West.

It's possible that the Muslims will eventually rule the world and that Sharia Law will be implemented. I guess the majority of us are thankful that we won't be around should that happen.

By *oobsCouple  over a year ago

cardiff

Having watched it there is no hidden agenda. It's blantently obvious the filmaker intended to cause maximum insult.

I would recommend siting through it. If it wasn't so dangerous and hateful it would be laughable.

I watched part of it to. Utterly laughable.

But.. Instead of 'turning the other cheek', I'm afraid many in the Middle East & beyond saw it as a chance of more Western bashing! Utterly predictable!

Isn't it ironic that Muslim's find it acceptable to burn the American and British flag and to burn Poppy's on remembrance Sunday but then criticise and retaliate when non Muslims merely threaten to burn a copy of the Quran. A very strange race indeed and an even stranger religion.

By *uncpl2015Couple  over a year ago

Bridgend Area

The film has obviously caused the controversy and over reaction it was designed to, I haven't seen the film nor have I any desire to. I refuse to subscribe to the muslim/christian farce that has been the topic at the forefront of media attention for far too long.

Maybe, just maybe there has been no thread on the subject because your average joe (or josephine) has no opinion on the subject, and to put it bluntly, doesn't give a toss.

Religion and politics are the main catalyst in the majority of conflicts that inflict horendous waste of lives around the world. If we all reacted in the same way when someone, for whatever reason, critisises our way of life or our beliefs, then anarchy would prevail.

The majority of us have self control and tolereance and do not allow themselves to be controlled by the hysteria that is generated when a particular ethnic or political group takes exception to criticism, designed purely to create such hysteria.

By *imoncomesaroundMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

"I think you will find that the majority of threads on this site have little to do with swinging. When we meet someone for some swinging fun it makes it far more interesting if they are able to hold a reasonable conversation or have some knowledge about current affairs. A persons response to a posting will give an indication of their intellect."

While intellect is all fine and well I've come to the conclusion that most people on here lower there intellectual standard requirements for a fuck - as you'd expect on a swingers page I guess.

"The film has obviously caused the controversy and over reaction it was designed to, I haven't seen the film nor have I any desire to. I refuse to subscribe to the muslim/christian farce that has been the topic at the forefront of media attention for far too long.

Maybe, just maybe there has been no thread on the subject because your average joe (or josephine) has no opinion on the subject, and to put it bluntly, doesn't give a toss.

Religion and politics are the main catalyst in the majority of conflicts that inflict horendous waste of lives around the world. If we all reacted in the same way when someone, for whatever reason, critisises our way of life or our beliefs, then anarchy would prevail.

The majority of us have self control and tolereance and do not allow themselves to be controlled by the hysteria that is generated when a particular ethnic or political group takes exception to criticism, designed purely to create such hysteria."

Mmm interesting point, however look at history and famous literature....Henry VIII, Helen of troy, Romeo and Juliet....its all about the troubles that bonking women causes !

By *uncpl2015Couple  over a year ago

Bridgend Area

"I think you will find that the majority of threads on this site have little to do with swinging. When we meet someone for some swinging fun it makes it far more interesting if they are able to hold a reasonable conversation or have some knowledge about current affairs. A persons response to a posting will give an indication of their intellect.

While intellect is all fine and well I've come to the conclusion that most people on here lower there intellectual standard requirements for a fuck - as you'd expect on a swingers page I guess."

Absolutely no way we would ever lower our requirements for a fuck after all we expect to start meets over a drink and a convo. Sadly its quite clear on here when you see face pics or cams of alot of single guys its quite clear that a decent mature conversation would never be possible so no meet. There maybe be people that do lower requirments but there are alot prob more coulples mind that never would.

» Add a new message to this topic