FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > First meet turned into a no show

First meet turned into a no show

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Very disappointed that our first planned meet with someone off here turned into a no show today.

This despite us having previously spoken to the guy on the phone and exchanged emails etc.

Sad that someone felt it was okay let us go all the way to the agreed meeting point then best of all we find a message on here berating us for not showing up! Go figure.

We did try to phone/text when we were waiting and his phone was off. Now his phone is on and we've left a message to try and sort just in case a genuine fuck did take place, but no reply to any message or text. Guess that finally puts the nail in the coffin.

Love to know if this par for the course on here? Did read on another forum post of a couple turning up at some other couples house only to find they didn't even live there!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes this type of thing happens quite often . We had a feeling about one coupe advertising fir meets daily . And their only Verification was off a single guy . SO we played the game and they (he) kept on asking for pics and more . We pushed it over the next few weeks teasing and then arranged . Only for his partner not to be available and it would be ok just for him . . Quite a few singles with couple profiles . And one even lives with his parents lol . Treat it as a game . Clubs are best . That's why we are going to the Milford social . Oh repeat social

These are the ones who spoil it for the genuine SINGLE men on her !!

By *etlinkMan  over a year ago

cardiff

"These are the ones who spoil it for the genuine SINGLE men on her !! "

agree 100%

"These are the ones who spoil it for the genuine SINGLE men on her !!

agree 100%"

if we have a single guy come to our place we talk on phone and webcam then when we feel all is well we only give them our postcode no door number or full address we then ask them to ring us we ask where they are and whats around them but if they dont ring and they dont turn up no one gets hurt they will not know our full address its just not the single guys or should we say the good ones couples do it to

By *iceguydaveMan  over a year ago

Monmouth

agree 100%"

I disagree! I don't see the idiots and the fantasists and the liars as 'spoiling it for me'. I see it as 'people like that make me look better'.

re the OP's point, there isn't much you can do to legislate for these kind of people, but it helps if people you're considering meeting have been properly verified. The ones who join for a bit of wanking material for a few days and then disappear, rarely get as far as a verification.

agree 100%"

Sadly it happens and not just the single guys, no point in complaining about it. Learn from it trust your gut and go to socials to network

By *etlinkMan  over a year ago

cardiff

"

I disagree! I don't see the idiots and the fantasists and the liars as 'spoiling it for me'. I see it as 'people like that make me look better"

You will look better if you get a meet.

Of course because of these people it is harder, especially for single males, to arrange a meet.

At the end of the day until someone meets you in person, you will always be one of thousands users on here.

I find that no matter what you do, texting, phoning, checking verifications etc etc there will always be the odd single guy or couple who let you down. Even playing as a single fem this happens & strangely enough it has happened more to me with couples than with single guys. So much for all these couples seeking the elusive single fem, they obviously have a rosy view of what they desire lol. I find its best to move on & be positive after a let down & its my view they missed out on a real treat

Things do crop up but I always make a conscious effort to let whoever know if I'm unable to make it. It's just common courtesy !! Hopefully verifications eliminate time wasters - I wish !!!!

Far too many talk the talk, but cant walk the walk! And its not only single males from what we read here. Yes, been let down by two single guys this summer, same old story. Both verified by others, phone chat, the works, but in the end no shows! Yup its a sorry state but its how it is here and on pay sites too! Yes we feel so sorry for all the genuine single guys here, both of you!!

It is something you have to learn to get used to. Have had it happen to me, single men due to turn up for meets and dont phone or text to say they can't make it.

I have to say going to clubs and Socials does seem to be a better way to meet up with people who are more genuine.

It happens .....

S xxxx

By *hetwoovusCouple  over a year ago

Cardiff

Can't understand why people do it, why no show and if you can't meet have the decency to ring or text. We've only had the one meet with another couple and we had a fab night out with them. Hope this continues with other arrangements but agree the socials are the way to go.

By *uxtapositionMan  over a year ago

CARDIFF

Hello Mike and Rachel,

Sorry your first experience turned out to be so negative.

I will say however that it will happen again. It is just a fact of life on this site. I feel many, especially single males, are married or fantasists who when it actually comes to picking up your coat and walking through the door to a meet either cannot do it for time/family factors or simply "bottle" it.

This is no matter how much prior communication or arranging you have made. There is simply NO way to tell for sure, until someone says "Hi, I'm XYZ " face to face.

It is hard, very hard as a single guy to get a meet on here, I am simple amazed at the corresponding amount who do get a meet and then turn into a no-show and even more annoyingly make no contact to say they will not be arriving and ignore you OR delete a profile, after the no-show.

I am afraid you will get it again, however there ARE genuine people on here so nil desperandum !

x

Tom

» Add a new message to this topic