FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Good idea or a complete waste of money

Good idea or a complete waste of money

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *arraps OP   Man  over a year ago

port talbot

The WAG have announced that every person / household ( they don’t know which yet ) in Wales will be entitled to have a tree, either planted for them or given to them so they may plant it in their garden.

Now I had to check the calendar to see that it wasn’t April 1st and somehow I’d hibernated for 3months.

Are they absolutely fucking crazy, spending ridiculous sums of money on vanity projects when other parts notably the nhs,transport etc are in need of of funding.

We elected these numptys, now we are paying the price

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ookiemonster84Man  over a year ago

Swansea

might be better off in politics forum page

By *ancardiff7Man  over a year ago

Near Cowbridge

I like trees. They take carbon dioxide and turn it into oxygen.

By *ixi n DogCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

Its to get us all on board with planting trees so we don't bat an eye when foreign governments, investment companies, and multinational companies buy up huge swathes of our productive farmland to plant non native trees for the purpose of carbon offsetting.

You want us to plant trees? Give every school kid in Wales an acorn or another tree seed, a plant pot and a scoop of dirt. Or better still arrange a field trip to the woods, teach the kids which tree is which and get them to choose their own seed to nurture and plant.

port talbot

"might be better off in politics forum page"

It’s Wales specific, Scotland, England and Northern Ireland aren’t as crazy as the WAG

By *ummerFun2Man  over a year ago

Cardiff

You realise that this is money that has already been designated for climate change and that it doesn’t take away from Transport or NHS funding in the slightest?

And that this is one of many projects that will contribute toward the pre-existing climate change commitments, not only through carbon balancing but also improving biodiversity in a controlled way?

That’s not to mention the impact it will have raising awareness across all generations and giving people a sense of agency and involvement.

We can debate the benefits of tree planting until the cows come hone (personally i think that controlled tree planing using native species is a good thing) but this just comes across as a thinly veiled and baseless dig at the WG.

As an above commenter mentioned, a topic for politics, not for the Wales forum.

port talbot

Sorry buddy but I think you miss the point. It’s money that could be better utilised elsewhere.

And as it’s Wales specific it should be in the Welsh forum.

“Thinly veiled attack on the WG” not a bit of it… The WAG has treated us with utter contempt for the past decade, what started out as a noble idea has degenerated into a complete mess.

By *andy Andy300Man  over a year ago

Near You

[Removed by poster at 06/12/21 11:27:39]

Near You

What has any of this got to do with Fab FFS????

Cardiff

"Sorry buddy but I think you miss the point. It’s money that could be better utilised elsewhere.

And as it’s Wales specific it should be in the Welsh forum.

“Thinly veiled attack on the WG” not a bit of it… The WAG has treated us with utter contempt for the past decade, what started out as a noble idea has degenerated into a complete mess."

I don’t think I missed the point at all. You specifically mentioned NHS and Transport, they are not in the portfolio of the Minister for Climate Change and therefore do not come out of that budget.

Unless you’re saying that the £2m should be spent elsewhere within the Climate Change portfolio, in which case you may want to revisit the budget. There’s a hell of a lot more going on, £2m is peanuts in the grand scheme of things.

As for the “utter contempt” i don’t see that in the slightest. Given that Welsh Labour and Plaid have a working agreement, im guessing you would rather have the Tories in the driving seat?

The same ones that would have dissolved the Sennedd (not the ‘WAG’ it hasnt been the ‘WAG’ for the last 10 years) and moved power back to Westminster. The very same Westminster that failed to deliver the £350 million a week for the NHS that you’re so desperately concerned about. The very same that spend Welsh taxpayer money on a “high-speed rail link” that cuts 30 mins off travel time between Birmingham and London.

As i’ve said, i’m all for informed debate, but given your flippant remarks to “April fools” and baseless claims of “utter comtempt”, something tells me that you just want to take a pot shot at Welsh Labour at any given chance.

And yes, it’s frustrating and not what I or others here come to the Wales forum to see. It’s a politics issue and therefore belongs in the dedicated politics forum.

By *oby le roneMan  over a year ago

Treorchy

I'd love to see someone give me a tree to plant in my garden. It's a 5 foot by 15 foot concrete slab. But if they want to give me one for the Christmas period I'm all for it. Saves me trudging around the bwlch like Clark Griswold.

Oh and could you deliver it please Mr drakeford. My rear seats don't fold down unfortunately

port talbot

Again you only read what you want to read.

The WAG / Sennedd doesn’t care what happens in the areas of Wales outside the Cardiff bubble.

£2million would be better spent on just about anything other than this hair brained idea.

Judging by your comments are you by any chance a fully fledged member of Welsh labour

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Its to get us all on board with planting trees so we don't bat an eye when foreign governments, investment companies, and multinational companies buy up huge swathes of our productive farmland to plant non native trees for the purpose of carbon offsetting.

You want us to plant trees? Give every school kid in Wales an acorn or another tree seed, a plant pot and a scoop of dirt. Or better still arrange a field trip to the woods, teach the kids which tree is which and get them to choose their own seed to nurture and plant. "

Couldn't agree more!! We are going to be stuffed for food production at the rate they want to plant up farmland. Only to make the like British Airways and alike feel better about themselves whilst not actually reducing their carbon footprint

Cardiff

"Again you only read what you want to read.

The WAG / Sennedd doesn’t care what happens in the areas of Wales outside the Cardiff bubble.

£2million would be better spent on just about anything other than this hair brained idea.

Judging by your comments are you by any chance a fully fledged member of Welsh labour "

Wrong again on your assumptions. Not that I should need to declare my voting behaviours here but my last two have gone to Plaid and the Lib Dems respectively.

I will however defend unfounded attacks on any government, just as I have done to those who have attacked the Tories green credentials in the past. I will also address the spreading of misinformation that sews division and threatens democracy.

Funny how this All-Wales initiative is deemed to be within the Cardiff bubble? Not to mention that North Wales is the only area to have its own dedicated minister. Or the fact that without the Senedd power and decisions would be moved further away from Wales.

Nothing “hair-branned” about this project. You’ve certainly failed to highlight any substantial flaws.

But feel free to continue shaking your fist at any WG backed policy you see on the news while ignoring the bigger issues. Ignorance is bliss i suppose.

By *ogerBottomsMan  over a year ago

Aberdare

The WAG / Sennedd doesn’t care what happens in the areas of Wales outside the Cardiff bubble."

The Welsh Tories don't care what happens outside Westminster.

"£2million would be better spent on just about anything other than this hair brained idea."

You mean 'hare brained'.

It's not really that daft an idea. Trees offset carbon emissions, so planting them is a good thing. £2m to plant a lot of trees is a good thing. The Senedd is giving people the option to have the tree in their own garden or elsewhere. If people accept the trees in their gardens, no land has to be bought for planting the trees. It's a cheap date, really, and as has been pointed out, £2m is probably the Westminster cabinet's cocaine bill for any given calendar month.

"Judging by your comments are you by any chance a fully fledged member of Welsh labour "

You say that like it's a proscribed organisation. Why shouldn't he be? I'm having fun guessing your affiliations.

By *ob longMan  over a year ago

Swansea

Just plant a tree. It's not the end of the world. But it will slow down the end.This could become sexuall. All fabs that do really meet up could agree that they have to plant a tree naked before they all have fun

Near You

Can we keep politics off this site please!

Aberdare

"Just plant a tree. It's not the end of the world. But it will slow down the end.This could become sexuall. All fabs that do really meet up could agree that they have to plant a tree naked before they all have fun "

Hug a tree? NO, LET'S FUCK SOME TREES.

By *irtyd468Man  over a year ago

North

Judging by your comments are you by any chance a fully fledged member of Welsh labour "

Can I politely ask who you voted for ?

Near You

What an absolute waste of time this conversation is!

Treorchy

"

Hug a tree? NO, LET'S FUCK SOME TREES. "

Spray some chanel no 5 around a knot in the tree and away you go

port talbot

Judging by your comments are you by any chance a fully fledged member of Welsh labour

Can I politely ask who you voted for ?"

It wasn’t labour

Aberdare

"It wasn’t labour "

I'm shocked and stunned.

North

"What an absolute waste of time this conversation is!"

You dont read or comment. Simple really.

North

"It wasn’t labour

I'm shocked and stunned. "

Think we guessed it wasnt Labour.

Aberdare

There are some lovely trees in Porthkerry Country Park.

Near You

I did read it thank you!

This is the best Fab forum topic ever we’ve branched out into another direction altogether with this one

Can you pick which tree?? I wouldn't mind a pear tree to go with my apple tree

Treorchy

"Can you pick which tree?? I wouldn't mind a pear tree to go with my apple tree"

That's only because you're to tight to buy cider

Near Cowbridge

"Can you pick which tree?? I wouldn't mind a pear tree to go with my apple tree"

Oh, you have an apple tree? There's posh then!

Hands off my tree please gents

Treorchy

"Hands off my tree please gents "

It's your apples and pears we're after

By *lhaxCouple  over a year ago

neath

[Removed by poster at 06/12/21 22:00:12]

By *lhaxCouple  over a year ago

neath

Wouldn’t mind planting my cock in terrisa and watching it grow

Says the guy who’s stood behind what was probably an overpriced and unneeded in the world of GPS, whom also lives in one of the most polluted areas of wales.

Should the government invest in the sweat factories that make the smart clothes you are wearing too? Should we start charging for prescriptions when people develop conditions through lifestyle choices? I for one am in support of the project. Gardens have become plastic with composite decking artificial grass etc, whats wrong with adding a tree to help work towards climate change? Have the younger generation understand that looking after a plant is important and a skill that is lost on so many. But either way im sure you’ll have your own opinion on it but this conversation should be in the politics forum not the welsh swinging forum.

By *riendzonedMan  over a year ago

cardiff / london

It was a waste of time when the OP confused the Welsh Government with the National Assembly for Wales and the what was Welsh Assembly Government (WAG)

Near Cowbridge

"Hands off my tree please gents

It's your apples and pears we're after "

I would imagine they are as black and wizened as her cold, dark heart.

Treorchy

I would imagine they are as black and wizened as her cold, dark heart. "

I imagine she'd love to tie us to the tree and lob them at our heads. Bit of a niche kink but whatever flicks your switch I suppose.

Near Cowbridge

I imagine she'd love to tie us to the tree and lob them at our heads. Bit of a niche kink but whatever flicks your switch I suppose. "

I've had worse offers.

Treorchy

I imagine she'd love to tie us to the tree and lob them at our heads. Bit of a niche kink but whatever flicks your switch I suppose.

I've had worse offers. "

Going by some of the messages I've seen sent to the ladies I know on here I'm not surprised

By *oss24.Man  over a year ago

Dublin

Oiii

Treorchy

Ogey

» Add a new message to this topic