FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > New restrictions

New restrictions

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rhuges OP   Man  over a year ago

Cardiff

Just read the latest restrictions on sporting events. So Welsh fans can go to England and watch say Swansea play a match but the next week when Swansea are playing at home they can't go and watch, but they could go into a crowded pub and watch it .

People's comments?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No doubt pub restrictions will be brought in on Friday.

As someone who attends live sport every week in Wales, this is fucking shit. We will be lucky if any of our professional rugby sides survive, as they are already in debt from the loans they had to take out the last time. I cba to rant about it as it doesn't change anything. A lot of decisions throughout all this have made little sense to me in comparison to others. This is another

By *oolybullyMan  over a year ago

Close enough

"Just read the latest restrictions on sporting events. So Welsh fans can go to England and watch say Swansea play a match but the next week when Swansea are playing at home they can't go and watch, but they could go into a crowded pub and watch it .

People's comments? "

Freedoms eroded and we the people have accepted.

By *ooleysCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

It's not that bad considering the greater good... Who really goes out much in January anyway

It can all kiss my ass,I'm doing what I want

Football and now more gigs are being postponed yet again! It’s hard to keep up with wanting to stick to rules now, no wonder so many are becoming protestors against it all now!

"It can all kiss my ass,I'm doing what I want"

Me too

By *unbunsCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

The key to stop this nonsense is vaccination, if all that can get vaccinated does, then this will all stop and we can start returning to something resembling normal. Those that have refused vaccination offers should be the ones being restricted and that goes for professional sports people too.

We get vaccination tick we get a booster jab tick covid passes travel restrictions tick and they still shut down outdoor sporting venues and it won't end there confused.com

By *oolybullyMan  over a year ago

Close enough

"It can all kiss my ass,I'm doing what I want"

Hear hear

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

"The key to stop this nonsense is vaccination, if all that can get vaccinated does, then this will all stop and we can start returning to something resembling normal. Those that have refused vaccination offers should be the ones being restricted and that goes for professional sports people too."

Yes, just comply

The way out of authoritarianism is always more compliance

By *ersiantugMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

I feel for you guys but the problem of course is the new stats - more old and vulnerable people are going to hospital now than at the high of the pandemic. There is a lower death rate of course, but it's really concerning all the same. Everyone was hoping we'd turned a corner on things like that and would just have to live with it now. Personally I don't want vulnerable people to be that much in danger though.

The biggest problem with Drakeford is that he almost completely shut down parts of the council for around a year, which caused all kinds of shit then and now. No sensible micro management, just a wholesale block on easy-to-to activity. As a council house tenant with crime and antisocial related problems it's caused me and others hell. The law and police were told to ignore certain crime effectively (ie no change there then).

By *FFB69Woman  over a year ago

Torfaen/Gwent

"The key to stop this nonsense is vaccination, if all that can get vaccinated does, then this will all stop and we can start returning to something resembling normal. Those that have refused vaccination offers should be the ones being restricted and that goes for professional sports people too.

Yes, just comply

"

Maybe go spend some time in Russia, China or North Korea and then come back and complain about "authoritarianism"

I wonder what would have happened during WW1 and 2 if people had just said "I'm not shutting my curtains to save anyone else. Why should I? Damn authoritarian government"

All the restrictions can fuck aaaaallll the way off

By *ersiantugMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

"The key to stop this nonsense is vaccination, if all that can get vaccinated does, then this will all stop and we can start returning to something resembling normal. Those that have refused vaccination offers should be the ones being restricted and that goes for professional sports people too.

Yes, just comply

Maybe go spend some time in Russia, China or North Korea and then come back and complain about "authoritarianism"

I wonder what would have happened during WW1 and 2 if people had just said "I'm not shutting my curtains to save anyone else. Why should I? Damn authoritarian government" "

Well it happened, and they had visits from the police. They soon learnt.

The big problem we had with the UK was that we were not strong enough early on. Remember that sunny early spring in 2020 - two years ago now? Defiant people went to sun spots in their droves, almost to make a point! I actually argued for a laid-back military presence at certain places - they are trained for all this and I'd rather pay them for that then war if humanly possible. But people kept bleating on about their 'freedoms', and the politicians just looked at their own popularity levels. Society is at its fundamental level a trade off: certain freedoms for certain benefits. That is fundamentally what society is: we trade freedoms (financial etc) for our welfare and protection. That can never change, it's just a question of getting it right.

Politicians throughout the whole UK tried to ride-out each single day and play events by ear, as they always do. The countries that strategised properly and took it seriously the soonest have had the least problems - countries such as New Zealand and even China to some degree. Sadly for them, they cannot fully fend of events in rest of the world.

It just one big round prison for us, 6 million plus year old earth fucked up by humans in 40,000 years

By *indy1971TV/TS  over a year ago

Brynmawr

"It just one big round prison for us, 6 million plus year old earth fucked up by humans in 40,000 years "

One big round prison

Were you thinking of leaving it ?

By *indy1971TV/TS  over a year ago

Brynmawr

Yes, just comply

I wonder what would have happened during WW1 and 2 if people had just said "I'm not shutting my curtains to save anyone else. Why should I? Damn authoritarian government" "

» Add a new message to this topic