FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Wales Six Nations Thread 2022

Wales Six Nations Thread 2022

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Starting the thread early this year as Pivac has just announced his squad.

Dan Biggar to lead with Adam Beard as Vice Captain .

Great to see call ups for my boys Dewi Lake and Jac Morgan, and to see Owen Watkin back in the squad too.

Favourite time of year is coming

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *indictiveMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

Not sure I am 100% convinced on Biggar as captain, can come across as petulant at times and maybe not what refs want to see from the captain.

Very happy to see Owen Watkin and Jac Morgan included, both very good players that need more exposure to the top level game.

By *aveisitorMan  over a year ago

cardiff

Worried we could be in for a bit of a shoeing this year!?

Unless we can get one theirs sent off every game like in autumn

Still cant wait, bring 'em on!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

With the region’s not playing good rugby at the moment may be an issue but when they put on the red jersey everything changes Dan Biggar is very vocal so could be a good call or may not be only time will tell but my money is on wales every time

By *rTongueMan  over a year ago

Not too sure what to think of the squad. As a scarlet, it pains me to say it, but I think if Fixy wasn’t pushing the 100 caps he’d have been dropped.

"Not too sure what to think of the squad. As a scarlet, it pains me to say it, but I think if Fixy wasn’t pushing the 100 caps he’d have been dropped."

We aren't flush for proper 13s either

"Not too sure what to think of the squad. As a scarlet, it pains me to say it, but I think if Fixy wasn’t pushing the 100 caps he’d have been dropped.

We aren't flush for proper 13s either"

We aren’t but Pivac said during the autumn that his future at international is at inside centre. Think Collins would’ve been a better choice.

"Not too sure what to think of the squad. As a scarlet, it pains me to say it, but I think if Fixy wasn’t pushing the 100 caps he’d have been dropped.

We aren’t but Pivac said during the autumn that his future at international is at inside centre. Think Collins would’ve been a better choice."

Plenty of options at 12 without needing to shift Foxy there imo

Halaholo will be the man to watch out for Wales this 6 nations for me. Guy oozes class everytime he puts on a shirt

We aren't flush for proper 13s either"

The best centre in britain doesn’t get a look in either

The best centre in britain doesn’t get a look in either "

Who is??....

With around 600 caps missing due to injury, have to give Pivac some slack. Should also pick players who are on form (not many if you looked at the results over the weekend in Europe. They will do well to finish 4th.

Na, Grand Slam incoming....

By *urves88Woman  over a year ago

Abergavenny

"Not sure I am 100% convinced on Biggar as captain, can come across as petulant at times and maybe not what refs want to see from the captain.

Very happy to see Owen Watkin and Jac Morgan included, both very good players that need more exposure to the top level game. "

Agree on the Biggar decision...he's already a leader in the squad but lacks discipline with keeping his mouth shut

By *obWalesMan  over a year ago

ebbw vale

"Na, Grand Slam incoming.... "
I hope so, I still love Cardiff International day what ever happens

By *ite -meWoman  over a year ago

my house

Ohhhhh the thighs....

By *adymischiefWoman  over a year ago

Llantrisant

"Starting the thread early this year as Pivac has just announced his squad.

Dan Biggar to lead with Adam Beard as Vice Captain .

Great to see call ups for my boys Dewi Lake and Jac Morgan, and to see Owen Watkin back in the squad too.

Favourite time of year is coming "

Ooooohhhh yes, mine too!

By *ancardiff7Man  over a year ago

Near Cowbridge

I'd bite your hand off for 2 wins.

The only saving grace is that the decline of the national side might force the WRU to fund the professional game properly. But I doubt it.

"I'd bite your hand off for 2 wins.

The only saving grace is that the decline of the national side might force the WRU to fund the professional game properly. But I doubt it. "

You knows the outcome. We do well, ‘see the regions are just underperforming, and don’t deserve a better deal’, we do poorly ‘ah well the regions need to up their game, and not get any better deals til they do’

The only saving grace is that the decline of the national side might force the WRU to fund the professional game properly. But I doubt it. "

Decline? Didn't we win it last year?

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

The only saving grace is that the decline of the national side might force the WRU to fund the professional game properly. But I doubt it.

Decline? Didn't we win it last year? "

We did.

Rode out luck a bit, but did well.

I do share some of the worries of others though. We’re strong in some areas, but weak in comparison in others.

If you look at the squads, I’d argue we’re a good way behind France, Ireland and England. Scotland are getting more depth too.

I do fear we’ll be on the end of some bad results in the away games.

Basically, the WRU has not done enough to support the pro-game in Wales. The budgets are way lower than in England and Ireland. It’s been a of a miracle we’ve held our own in the last 15 years. I do think that may come tumbling down this year (some reasons outside of the control of coaches, WRU etc).

I always love MissP’s optimism though - and she’s been proved right plenty of times down the years.

By *otsoSnowWhiteWoman  over a year ago

My Ice Castle! South Wales

"Not sure I am 100% convinced on Biggar as captain, can come across as petulant at times and maybe not what refs want to see from the captain.

Very happy to see Owen Watkin and Jac Morgan included, both very good players that need more exposure to the top level game.

Agree on the Biggar decision...he's already a leader in the squad but lacks discipline with keeping his mouth shut "

But like you and me then Curves

We did.

I do share some of the worries of others though. We’re strong in some areas, but weak in comparison in others.

If you look at the squads, I’d argue we’re a good way behind France, Ireland and England. Scotland are getting more depth too.

Basically, the WRU has not done enough to support the pro-game in Wales. The budgets are way lower than in England and Ireland. It’s been a of a miracle we’ve held our own in the last 15 years. I do think that may come tumbling down this year (some reasons outside of the control of coaches, WRU etc).

I always love MissP’s optimism though - and she’s been proved right plenty of times down the years."

I also love missPs optimism. The problem is that the wru are skint.

The problem is that the regional teams are not putting out a consistent entertaining product. Whether that be funding issues or not I don't know. I do know that if the stadiums were full then that would make a difference.

I think the only answer is to reduce the regional teams to 3 and put a stop to signing average foreign imports. That would give our younger players exposure not only in terms of games but professionalism in training. The issue is if you're an ex all black you are probably gojbg tk chase the cash in Japan!!!

I don't envy the decision makers!

Oh shut up will you you miserable old cunt

Near Cowbridge

Oh shut up will you you miserable old cunt "

Charmed, I'm sure!

Near Cowbridge

We did.

I always love MissP’s optimism though - and she’s been proved right plenty of times down the years.

The problem is that the regional teams are not putting out a consistent entertaining product. Whether that be funding issues or not I don't know. I do know that if the stadiums were full then that would make a difference.

I think the only answer is to reduce the regional teams to 3 and put a stop to signing average foreign imports. That would give our younger players exposure not only in terms of games but professionalism in training. The issue is if you're an ex all black you are probably gojbg tk chase the cash in Japan!!!

I don't envy the decision makers! "

The WRU aren't skint but are incompetent.

Exhibit A: accelerated debt repayments in a period of historically low interest rates.

Exhibit B: Heaping a £20M loan onto the professional game instead of shouldering it themselves like other unions.

Exhibit C: Using the increased revenue from CVC to build a 4* hotel instead of funding the professional game.

I could go on.

They've stifled the professional game at the expense of the national side but have forgotten that the pro game develops the resources for Team Wales.

You want a consistently entertaining product and full houses? Then we have to create winning teams and that costs money. It's really quite simple.

West Wales and Cardiff

We did.

Exhibit A: accelerated debt repayments in a period of historically low interest rates.

Exhibit B: Heaping a £20M loan onto the professional game instead of shouldering it themselves like other unions.

Exhibit C: Using the increased revenue from CVC to build a 4* hotel instead of funding the professional game.

I could go on.

They've stifled the professional game at the expense of the national side but have forgotten that the pro game develops the resources for Team Wales.

You want a consistently entertaining product and full houses? Then we have to create winning teams and that costs money. It's really quite simple. "

I agree with this.

When Roger Lewis was in charge they prioritised the National side at the expense of the pro-game that underlay it.

Garland’s coaching and an excellent crop of players papered over this very well. There was always a real danger of that falling apart eventually. I fear we may be seeing that starting now.

A poor league doesn’t help, of course, but vanity projects like the new hotel and underfunding of the pro-game are huge issues.

It’s simply not sustainable for the pro-teams to compete with teams with such higher budgets, and ultimately, to produce enough players to make Wales a force.

Sadly, many fans in Wales only really care about the national team, and getting legless on international days, so don’t look deeper

We did.

I could go on.

You want a consistently entertaining product and full houses? Then we have to create winning teams and that costs money. It's really quite simple.

I agree with this.

When Roger Lewis was in charge they prioritised the National side at the expense of the pro-game that underlay it.

Garland’s coaching and an excellent crop of players papered over this very well. There was always a real danger of that falling apart eventually. I fear we may be seeing that starting now.

A poor league doesn’t help, of course, but vanity projects like the new hotel and underfunding of the pro-game are huge issues.

It’s simply not sustainable for the pro-teams to compete with teams with such higher budgets, and ultimately, to produce enough players to make Wales a force.

Sadly, many fans in Wales only really care about the national team, and getting legless on international days, so don’t look deeper"

And they are usually the ones who gob off on SM about how regional rugby isn't working, we should be cut to 2 blah blah blah

Rather than trying to be part of the solution they become part of the problem

Rugby politics gets on my tits

Near Cowbridge

We did.

I could go on.

I agree with this.

Sadly, many fans in Wales only really care about the national team, and getting legless on international days, so don’t look deeper

And they are usually the ones who gob off on SM about how regional rugby isn't working, we should be cut to 2 blah blah blah

Rugby politics gets on my tits"

Agree with both of these posts.

But are you going to apologise for calling me old? I can live with being called miserable and a cunt but not old!

West Wales and Cardiff

"Rugby politics gets on my tits"

ManCardiff and I are discussing rugby politics. Does that me we….

Oh, never mind .

Being serious - MissP69 may be a Turk-averse Ospreys fan, but I’ll always have bags of respect for people who follow the game week-in, week-out.

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

would love to see the lads win

hope the pandemic doesn't ruin it for them

"

Rugby politics gets on my tits"

Same as the autumn people saying drop the 60 cap rule and then moaning about the fact the English based lads can’t play all games.

Also as a side note, first game back at the Parc tomorrow, and I can make it cos of family member being I’ll, fuming.

"

Same as the autumn people saying drop the 60 cap rule and then moaning about the fact the English based lads can’t play all games.

Also as a side note, first game back at the Parc tomorrow, and I can make it cos of family member being I’ll, fuming."

Aww that's a shame, should be a good game against Bristol

I'm off to Manchester tomorrow for the Sale game Sunday

We did.

I could go on.

I agree with this.

Agree with both of these posts.

But are you going to apologise for calling me old? I can live with being called miserable and a cunt but not old! "

Am I fuck

"Rugby politics gets on my tits

ManCardiff and I are discussing rugby politics. Does that me we….

Oh, never mind .

Being serious - MissP69 may be a Turk-averse Ospreys fan, but I’ll always have bags of respect for people who follow the game week-in, week-out."

Glutton for punishment I am see Socksy

"

Also as a side note, first game back at the Parc tomorrow, and I can make it cos of family member being I’ll, fuming.

Aww that's a shame, should be a good game against Bristol

I'm off to Manchester tomorrow for the Sale game Sunday "

That should be a hell of an away trip. Fingers crossed for both sides

By *exyjellytotsCouple  over a year ago

home of the dragon

I'm sure there will lots of fun and games after match day games in the hotels around the stadiums xx lol

6n …. Best time of the year !

Well as long as have decent results

Don't agree with Biggar as captain, surely should be Ellis Jenkins? Disrespect and way Biggar treats referee is disgusting

"Don't agree with Biggar as captain, surely should be Ellis Jenkins? Disrespect and way Biggar treats referee is disgusting"

I think he's a great choice

By *ord MarmiteMan  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

I know it's wrong to take pleasure in someone else's misfortune.

BUTTT.... Owen Farell out for England for the tournament could work against them?

"Don't agree with Biggar as captain, surely should be Ellis Jenkins? Disrespect and way Biggar treats referee is disgusting

I think he's a great choice "

I guess as Captain the ref has to listen to Biggar, he can’t just tell him that he’ll only listen the the skipper.

And Wales have seemed ti have good success with captains that other teams think are whingers, Ryan Jones abd AWJ are/were always grumbled about by opposition fans.

"I know it's wrong to take pleasure in someone else's misfortune.

BUTTT.... Owen Farell out for England for the tournament could work against them? "

I think so too. Smith is undoubtedly talented, but Faz is one of those players who tend to lift others around them.

Near Cowbridge

"Don't agree with Biggar as captain, surely should be Ellis Jenkins? Disrespect and way Biggar treats referee is disgusting

I think he's a great choice

I guess as Captain the ref has to listen to Biggar, he can’t just tell him that he’ll only listen the the skipper.

And Wales have seemed ti have good success with captains that other teams think are whingers, Ryan Jones abd AWJ are/were always grumbled about by opposition fans."

Biggest compliment you can receive is when the opposition players, coaches and fans hate you.

Doesn't even feel like game day

Weird

West Wales and Cardiff

"Doesn't even feel like game day

Weird

"

I’m working, and not particularly bothered about that. Times have changed.

The worst Welsh performance I have seen in 20 odd years

Ok all u supposed rugby experts answer me this? just one part of a very error strewn and disjointed display

Why would you leave a specialist centre of some quality (in my opinion) and give josh Adams a superb winger no doubt !! Who was left upside down n back to front n totally lost eh ?? Apart from lots of other things about the squad not just today but in the build up

Just gimme a clue into the thinking behind it ?? I'm not getting Into an arguement with anyone just an idea on opinion !!! N please have some tidy experience at our beloved game

Many thanks

All I can think is that he saw it worked with George North and thought that it would work again with Adams

It didn't

That or he was just desperate to play McNicholl Sanjay Zammit and Adams all together (fuck knows why)

It fell flat on its fucking face and then some

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"The worst Welsh performance I have seen in 20 odd years "

Really ???

"The worst Welsh performance I have seen in 20 odd years

Really ???

"

Yep

here

Really ???

Yep"

I was impressed with the Ireland performance - I don’t think the loss is that much down to a catastrophic Welsh performance.

Next week English beating jocks at principality…

You’ve got to love the rugby

Really ???

Yep

I was impressed with the Ireland performance - I don’t think the loss is that much down to a catastrophic Welsh performance.

You’ve got to love the rugby "

We didn't compete at all at the breakdown

Didn't even try

Pivac stuck to a game plan that obviously wasn't working

It was disastrous

Our defence was far too narrow which was why they practically walked around us

Ireland played well but we were extremely poor

Lots to work on, but after being initially optimistic the total failure of the coaching staff to even attempt to change the game plan at half time really concerns me

here

Really ???

Yep

Didn't even try

It was disastrous

Lots to work on, but after being initially optimistic the total failure of the coaching staff to even attempt to change the game plan at half time really concerns me

"

I’m not sure the beat game plan would have been able to counter the superior Irish fluency …

Next week will be a better measure of the coaching plan ?

Really ???

Yep

Didn't even try

It was disastrous

I’m not sure the beat game plan would have been able to counter the superior Irish fluency …

Next week will be a better measure of the coaching plan ?

"

We shall see

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

"The worst Welsh performance I have seen in 20 odd years "

think I'm glad we missed it

think I'm glad we missed it "

You missed a shocker!!!

Pivac had no plan B!!

Adams as a centre is just a horrid idea and should’ve never been considered….certainly not against the Irish!!

Ireland dominated from start to finish and thoroughly deserved their win but Wales’ lack of a defence and more worryingly an attack gave Ireland the platform they needed to dominate!!

This out the back door plays ripped us to shreds from the offset and Pivac did nothing to change it!!

I’m not optimistic for the Scotland game but either way….bring it on!!!

Near Cowbridge

I'm still praying for 2 wins but would now settle for 1.

I'm still praying for 2 wins but would now settle for 1. "

After that shitshow you may well be right

West Wales and Cardiff

"Ok all u supposed rugby experts answer me this? just one part of a very error strewn and disjointed display

Why would you leave a specialist centre of some quality (in my opinion) and give josh Adams a superb winger no doubt !! Who was left upside down n back to front n totally lost eh ?? Apart from lots of other things about the squad not just today but in the build up

Just gimme a clue into the thinking behind it ?? I'm not getting Into an arguement with anyone just an idea on opinion !!! N please have some tidy experience at our beloved game

Many thanks "

Jonathan Davies?

If you mean him, he’s been brilliant (passing aside!), but he’s on a pretty steep downslope. Did a job at 12 last year, but even that short space of time matters at his age and this level.

The cupboard is pretty bare for centres in Wales.

Hopefully it’ll hasten change. Wales have done very well despite the structure, funding and governance of the game since 2008, not because of it. We’re way behind many countries and it’s starting to show.

God bless Dai the committeeman at the small grassroots club for all his sterling work, but these guys have too much influence on the running of the professional game. It needs a whole different breed of person for that.

Near Cowbridge

After that shitshow you may well be right "

Are you going to replace your "miserable old cunt" description if me with 'insightful, learned and wise'?

Are you going to replace your "miserable old cunt" description if me with 'insightful, learned and wise'? "

After much deliberation.... No

Near Cowbridge

Are you going to replace your "miserable old cunt" description if me with 'insightful, learned and wise'?

After much deliberation.... No "

Dead to me!

I totally agree Josh Adams was lost in the centre and Ireland saw this and charged through it I think this is what lost us the game

Cannot wait to see Jac Morgan pull on the red jumber 7 jersey tomorrow

Absolutely fantastic player

By *onalmor2Man  over a year ago

West Cork

It's a case of Wales trying to gain back some pride tomorrow.It will be a hard slog but they should win,just about.Ire V Fra is the game of the weekend.Sexton will be a huge loss but hopefully Joey can settle in and play well enough....France to win by 7pts ???

"It's a case of Wales trying to gain back some pride tomorrow.It will be a hard slog but they should win,just about.Ire V Fra is the game of the weekend.Sexton will be a huge loss but hopefully Joey can settle in and play well enough....France to win by 7pts ???"

Nice to see Joey back for you after being plagued by injury for so long

I think we will do it more so do to home advantage and Jac Morgan than anything else

I think home advantage will just about swing it for France although it will probably be a massive physical battle

West Cork

"It's a case of Wales trying to gain back some pride tomorrow.It will be a hard slog but they should win,just about.Ire V Fra is the game of the weekend.Sexton will be a huge loss but hopefully Joey can settle in and play well enough....France to win by 7pts ???

I think we will do it more so do to home advantage and Jac Morgan than anything else

I think home advantage will just about swing it for France although it will probably be a massive physical battle "

I am sure Joey will be targeted big time,but he needs that type of exposure anyways.I watched the game here last week in Ireland with a bunch of Wales boyos from Llanharan and they were very disappointed and I think looking at the 20s match on Friday,that it doesn't bode well for Wales rugby's future

"It's a case of Wales trying to gain back some pride tomorrow.It will be a hard slog but they should win,just about.Ire V Fra is the game of the weekend.Sexton will be a huge loss but hopefully Joey can settle in and play well enough....France to win by 7pts ???

I think home advantage will just about swing it for France although it will probably be a massive physical battle

I am sure Joey will be targeted big time,but he needs that type of exposure anyways.I watched the game here last week in Ireland with a bunch of Wales boyos from Llanharan and they were very disappointed and I think looking at the 20s match on Friday,that it doesn't bode well for Wales rugby's future "

The problem is we have some massive stalwarts coming to their twighlight years and those coming in aren't quite of the same calibre. Lots of work to do before RWC next year.

West Cork

I am sure Joey will be targeted big time,but he needs that type of exposure anyways.I watched the game here last week in Ireland with a bunch of Wales boyos from Llanharan and they were very disappointed and I think looking at the 20s match on Friday,that it doesn't bode well for Wales rugby's future

The problem is we have some massive stalwarts coming to their twighlight years and those coming in aren't quite of the same calibre. Lots of work to do before RWC next year. "

Same happened is in the last WC and a lot of your problems were created by Warren Gatland and his style of play.Negating an open,expansive game.Now you've got brilliant,electrifying pacey backs that need an open flowing game but not a pack to support them.

The problem is we have some massive stalwarts coming to their twighlight years and those coming in aren't quite of the same calibre. Lots of work to do before RWC next year.

Same happened is in the last WC and a lot of your problems were created by Warren Gatland and his style of play.Negating an open,expansive game.Now you've got brilliant,electrifying pacey backs that need an open flowing game but not a pack to support them."

Back row we're alright ish

Front 5 though is going to be the issue going forward

West Cork

Same happened is in the last WC and a lot of your problems were created by Warren Gatland and his style of play.Negating an open,expansive game.Now you've got brilliant,electrifying pacey backs that need an open flowing game but not a pack to support them.

Front 5 though is going to be the issue going forward "

and a bench of suitable replacements.

Front 5 though is going to be the issue going forward

and a bench of suitable replacements."

Yep

W

Atm we only have 1 tight head in the whole country who is actually of reasonable international quality

After that we're fucked

Near Cowbridge

Same happened is in the last WC and a lot of your problems were created by Warren Gatland and his style of play.Negating an open,expansive game.Now you've got brilliant,electrifying pacey backs that need an open flowing game but not a pack to support them."

Can you name the brilliant, electrifying pacey Welsh half backs and centres please?

Can you name the brilliant, electrifying pacey Welsh half backs and centres please? "

Tbf he didn't specify half backs and centres

He just said backs

Assuming LRZ

Near Cowbridge

Can you name the brilliant, electrifying pacey Welsh half backs and centres please?

Tbf he didn't specify half backs and centres

He just said backs

Assuming LRZ "

We have 2 good wings, an ageing fullback, a controlling 10 and that's it.

Lean few years I fear.

West Cork

A decent enough result given how little of the ball Wales had at half time.You would like to see them protect the ball more at the breakdown,too many turnovers BUT I still reckon Wales will win.

Not a bad half

Could be better

West Cork

"Not a bad half

Could be better "

Starting to kick away possession too much now

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

West Cork

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa "

Great win,enjoy the celebrations.The French are very good today

By *fucksakeCouple  over a year ago

cuffilly

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa "

while you are in the mood .fancy a shag ?

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

"

On best behaviour these days I'm afraid

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

On best behaviour these days I'm afraid "

2 halos - really ??

Anyone fancy our chances Saturday??

By *urves88Woman  over a year ago

Abergavenny

"Anyone fancy our chances Saturday?? "

I'm hoping if I drink enough during the game even if we don't win I'll convince myself we have

By *rwgMan  over a year ago

Ammanford

Anyone else going to the game Saturday ?

By *rwgMan  over a year ago

Ammanford

Never say never

Near Cowbridge

Have a guess

I'm more optimistic than I was before Ireland but still think we'll lose.

By *mily36CWoman  over a year ago

Bedford... (or anywhere beginning with B..!?)

I have a very important wager on tomorrow's game for us to win ...so have everything crossed

England to take down Wales

BRIDGEND

To be fair, Wales were actually pretty good in the second half. Some of the rugby they played outclassed England hands down. Was it World Class and World Cup Winner potential? No. But if that level in the last 30 minutes could have been sustained for all matches start to finish, they would be Gland Slam champions contenders without breaking much of a sweat.

The penalty count was ridiculous and cost us immeasurably. We gifted their only try on a golden platter but apart from that, England didn't really create many try scoring opportunities, our 'white line defence' was it's usually brilliant best. We scored three good tries that we had to create, we took the chances in the second half when we created them, in that sense we were clinical.

But that first half performance is what cost us. But I don't mind saying, when the clock turned red, I was glued to the telly hoping they could do the 80 yards and achieve the unthinkable at 0-17. Why do we always turn up and play the best rugby when it's last gasp?

"

I have a very important wager on tomorrow's game for us to win ...so have everything crossed

England to take down Wales "

What was the wager?

By *unbunsCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

Would have preferred a 4 try bonus point but we’ll take the loosing point we absolutely deserved for an outstanding fourth quarter performance.

Discipline let us down in the first half

By *mily36CWoman  over a year ago

Bedford... (or anywhere beginning with B..!?)

"

England to take down Wales

What was the wager? "

a poor fellow countryman will have to take one for the team ...

By *avidberksMan  over a year ago

Wokingham

Anyone going to teh game on Friday?

Near Cowbridge

"Anyone going to teh game on Friday?"

No. And I fear a terrible bumming. Sans lube.

By *avidberksMan  over a year ago

Wokingham

"Anyone going to teh game on Friday?

No. And I fear a terrible bumming. Sans lube. "

could be messy. But a chance to see Dupont live for the first time because of covid I think

Near Cowbridge

could be messy. But a chance to see Dupont live for the first time because of covid I think"

He's worth the ticket price alone. But I read he might be injured.

Interesting back row picked by Pivac

could be messy. But a chance to see Dupont live for the first time because of covid I think

Interesting back row picked by Pivac "

Seb Davies is a bit a surprise inclusion for me. Feel a bit sorry for Basham like as he's been one of the best so far

Interesting back row picked by Pivac

Seb Davies is a bit a surprise inclusion for me. Feel a bit sorry for Basham like as he's been one of the best so far "

This

The most disheartening 6 Nations for years. Bit lost for words tbh

Near Cowbridge

Stephen Jones currently stealing a living. Pivac too if we're being honest.

Defence and set piece was OK though.

I don't like to criticise but fuck me they're dreadful

They'll make a laughing stock of us if they're both still in post for RWC 23

I have tried to be positive but I have lost the will to live with them now

Think it's time to change the rules and ban kicking full stop except for conversions.

May as well have 6 a side and just play kick tennis.

Does my fecking head in tbh.

Instead of counting sheep, just count the kicks in tonight's game.

I slept like a baby second half.

"Stephen Jones currently stealing a living. Pivac too if we're being honest.

Defence and set piece was OK though. "

Thought Howley was bad attack coach but Jones is worse. No direction flatter than some tits on here just awful. As AWJ being called up its total disrespect to Beard and Co who have done so well against opposition line outs not as if got injury crisis either

BRIDGEND

" No direction flatter than some tits on here just awful."

I do hope you are talking about people's personalities with that comment.... .

It was always going to be a tough ask for Wales' offence to be going up against their former Defence coach. Someone who has taught and guided them for years and knows their playbook inside and out.

I agree that under Pivac, Wales seem to have lost any planning and game management. But when things are going wrong on the pitch, the players should have the guile to recognise that and change things up on the fly. Isn't that part of the role of 'Captain'?

AWJ was/is an immense player. One of the world's all-time greatest. If him coming back to the camp to impart his experience makes a difference, I'm all for it. Maybe he will be a coach someday.

Pivac has always said this team was a team in transition, but when we are not able to see where he is transitioning to, and the players seemingly as baffled as the rest of us, the RWC looks like a bad idea.

" No direction flatter than some tits on here just awful.

It was always going to be a tough ask for Wales' offence to be going up against their former Defence coach. Someone who has taught and guided them for years and knows their playbook inside and out.

I agree that under Pivac, Wales seem to have lost any planning and game management. But when things are going wrong on the pitch, the players should have the guile to recognise that and change things up on the fly. Isn't that part of the role of 'Captain'?

AWJ was/is an immense player. One of the world's all-time greatest. If him coming back to the camp to impart his experience makes a difference, I'm all for it. Maybe he will be a coach someday.

Pivac has always said this team was a team in transition, but when we are not able to see where he is transitioning to, and the players seemingly as baffled as the rest of us, the RWC looks like a bad idea. "

His lack of consistency is troubling

He has yet to play the same side for 2 games in a row

That makes it look like he has no clue himself of what he is trying to achieve

It's very draining

Back in Cardiff again this Friday night and for work on game Saturday and one meeting up Friday night?

" No direction flatter than some tits on here just awful.

Pivac has always said this team was a team in transition, but when we are not able to see where he is transitioning to, and the players seemingly as baffled as the rest of us, the RWC looks like a bad idea.

His lack of consistency is troubling

He has yet to play the same side for 2 games in a row

That makes it look like he has no clue himself of what he is trying to achieve

It's very draining "

He doesn't know his best 15/23 which is worrying considering how long been in job. Too many old guard players in squad with World Cup just over 12 months away.

Youngsters got summer tour to SA, autumn games (against SH teams) and next 6 nations to impress so very unlikely get in

I have never advocated for a coach to be sacked but is there any other option after that??

That reeked of arrogance- turning down kicks at goal when you’re losing a test match along with our old mistake of wholesale changes.

We never learn but fair play to Italy, they deserved that.

Near Cowbridge

I give up. Back to Gareth Jenkins levels of incompetence.

West Wales and Cardiff

This has been coming.

This falls at the WRU’s feet, though I do think Pivac is guilty of starting with a style of play, and shoehorning (lots of) players into it - essentially the opposite of Gatland, who succeeded despite the system, not because of it.

A multi-million pound business overseen by blokes best suited to organising the Saturday night raffle at a small club in the Cynon Valley.

They are committed, good people, I’m sure, but they’ve failed to support the pro-game adequately and it was always going to hit home. The financing of the game and the benefits that brings in coaching, development and infrastructure is way ahead elsewhere.

I think everyone is forgetting that we actually won the thing last year scoring 20 tries.

Bar a few moments we could have walked away with 4 wins. The nature of the competition is that its decided by small margins.

Pivac is right, the world cup has to be the priority and Saturday's game will have shown who will be looked at moving forward.

West Wales and Cardiff

[Removed by poster at 21/03/22 13:54:13]

West Wales and Cardiff

"I think everyone is forgetting that we actually won the thing last year scoring 20 tries.

Bar a few moments we could have walked away with 4 wins. The nature of the competition is that its decided by small margins.

Pivac is right, the world cup has to be the priority and Saturday's game will have shown who will be looked at moving forward.

"

And the year before that?

I'd rather win it once every 4 years and come 5th the other 3

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

hopefully there will be less rugby being played in cardiff as the sport becomes more and more minority. the holiganism needs to be brought under control to be fair.

By *hirstyGingerMan  over a year ago

London

So I had a good think on this after Saturday....

So let's think back last year's 6 nations how many games did we win against 14 players ?

Was last years team good because the work from Warren and Shaun did years before?

Has the autumn internationals 2021 and the 6 nations 2022 been a proving ground for rugby world cup 2023? (I don't think so)

What is a good result in the test matches in South Africa in the summer?

ALSO take a look at our Regional teams ... they are not doing well either.

If the WRU sack Pivac ... who replaces Dai Young ?

West Wales and Cardiff

"So I had a good think on this after Saturday....

So let's think back last year's 6 nations how many games did we win against 14 players ?

Was last years team good because the work from Warren and Shaun did years before?

Has the autumn internationals 2021 and the 6 nations 2022 been a proving ground for rugby world cup 2023? (I don't think so)

What is a good result in the test matches in South Africa in the summer?

ALSO take a look at our Regional teams ... they are not doing well either.

If the WRU sack Pivac ... who replaces Dai Young ?

"

I don’t feel I’m super critical of Pivac - I reserve it more for the structures of the game.

I hear WelshBoy when he reminds us of last year. I think we rode our luck until the last game, but it was an achievement.

What does worry me is the constant tinkering with the starting 15 - Basham, Morgan, Jenkins to name three. All had pretty clear things they needed to improve (where possible), but I can’t help thinking Pivac needs to build a system that works for the players at his disposal.

We’ve looked pretty bad in attack too. Not sure what SJ is up to. Again though, it’s probably not suited to Biggar, and we’re lacking at centre in many ways.

Can WRU afford to replace Pivac? No

Who would replace him?

Why isn't WRU investing in Welsh coaches at regional level?

I thought with Butcher taking over reigns with his one man club history it would change however too many of the older generation still involved in decision making

Near Cowbridge

"Can WRU afford to replace Pivac? No

Who would replace him?

I thought with Butcher taking over reigns with his one man club history it would change however too many of the older generation still involved in decision making"

You want a former Geography teacher to improve the WRU? Best of luck with that. He's massively out of his depth.

Who would replace him?

I thought with Butcher taking over reigns with his one man club history it would change however too many of the older generation still involved in decision making

You want a former Geography teacher to improve the WRU? Best of luck with that. He's massively out of his depth. "

Your thinking of his brother

Near Cowbridge

Who would replace him?

You want a former Geography teacher to improve the WRU? Best of luck with that. He's massively out of his depth.

Your thinking of his brother "

I'm thinking of Rob Butcher, the current chair of the WRU and former teacher.

Who are you thinking of?

» Add a new message to this topic