FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Loneliness

Loneliness

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *3xymama OP   Woman  over a year ago

RCT

Saw this on another thread and it got me thinking. We can have many friends and a wonderful family, yet still feel ever so lonely.

You can feel lonely for that special someone in your life. Someone to spend time with, not just the sex but to talk to, meals out, cinema, to cwtch up to when it's cold and dark..to hold your hand, to take to functions as your plus one.. someone to share the good and the bad.

I'm not looking for sympathy just wondering what other people's views are...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *assy69Man  over a year ago

West Sussex and Powys

Yes, loneliness takes many forms, and you don’t have to be alone to feel lonely.

By *elsh_lass74Woman  over a year ago

South Wales

"Saw this on another thread and it got me thinking. We can have many friends and a wonderful family, yet still feel ever so lonely.

You can feel lonely for that special someone in your life. Someone to spend time with, not just the sex but to talk to, meals out, cinema, to cwtch up to when it's cold and dark..to hold your hand, to take to functions as your plus one.. someone to share the good and the bad.

I'm not looking for sympathy just wondering what other people's views are... "

Know exactly what you mean and exactly how you are feeling. It is hard sometimes. And after 11 years you'd think I'd be used to it But it doesn't get any easier

By *hunkeeMonkeyMan  over a year ago

Clydach

"Saw this on another thread and it got me thinking. We can have many friends and a wonderful family, yet still feel ever so lonely.

Thats the worst thing about splitting up from a long term relationship, missing the companionship and doing all the things you used to do.

Lonliness is a killer.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Worst is feeling alone in a room full of people

By *oby le roneMan  over a year ago

Treorchy

I'm not looking for sympathy just wondering what other people's views are...

Know exactly what you mean and exactly how you are feeling. It is hard sometimes. And after 11 years you'd think I'd be used to it But it doesn't get any easier"

10 years for me. Tend to fill my week with work and my kids at the weekend. As much asi enjoy being single it is very lonely on times. Don't get me wrong I got a nice circle of friends that I see regularly and check in on me if they don't see me. Still lonely though.

By *nky666Woman  over a year ago

Bridgend

Totally get this! I just feel like I’m always working just so I get to talk and see people. Just had few days off and anxiety is creeping in big time!!! Roll on getting back to work

By *ust P3achyWoman  over a year ago

Lost in the Valleys

Totally get this which is why I work 60 to 70 hours a week, leaves me time just to sleep & not think about it. Although I do take myself on a date once a week X

By *ai MyrddinMan  over a year ago

Caerphilly

I agree with this. The companionship is sometimes missed. Simple things like going to a gig, the cinema or out to dinner. Form an orderly queue ladies

Lost in the Valleys

You're welcome to sit next to me in the cinema, just don't touch my white chocolate magnum

I quite often feel lonely and not just when I'm on my own. It happens quite a bit when I'm out with a group of people, I often feel like I'm on the outside looking in

By *en_hornyguyMan  over a year ago

Llanelli

Hello all,

I agree with all posts on here.

I am single. Have a great family and go out with family. But can feel lonely like outsider with own family

Friends i hear you say or think !! Well dont see friends and havent for 17 years as they are married with own families !!

Dont get me wrong. I enjoy my life as a single person. Own home. Own car. Great job etc. But totally miss companionship and company. Not just sex as not going to lie i do miss sex. Hence on here but this site not really working out as nobody messages or replies. All of which make the feeling of loneliness worse at times

Companionship to have someone to laugh with, have a grown up chat with, watch a film with, go cinema, go for a meal, or even a holiday

Seems days morph into the next. Seems life is work and sleep !!

So i agree with all. It can be tough being single. Its even tougher being single male on here lol. Especially at 51 as 99% of profiles have age range up to 50 lol.

So sometimes i yearn for a social. Just to have a coffee and chat and a laugh. I cant even get a social on here. So i must be really ugly lol.

Gosh feel depressed now. Mental health not in best place as had burnout last year.

Anyway. I wanted to add my thoughts to this thread

I don't think I realised that I was lonely until I actually met my boyfriend and realised how much I had actually missed doing couply stuff with someone. I thought I was happy on my own and always used Fab to kind of temporarily fill a void but there's only so much you can get from this lifestyle really. Sending hugs to anyone feeling lonely

By *ai MyrddinMan  over a year ago

Caerphilly

"You're welcome to sit next to me in the cinema, just don't touch my white chocolate magnum "

Your white chocolate magnum is safe I’m not a fan

By *elshman78Man  over a year ago

South Wales

If anyone feels they need a chat or a coffee.

Message me.

I’m always up for a social

Been told I’m a good conversationalist

Lost in the Valleys

"You're welcome to sit next to me in the cinema, just don't touch my white chocolate magnum

That's a relief

Your white chocolate magnum is safe I’m not a fan "

"Hello all,

I agree with all posts on here.

I am single. Have a great family and go out with family. But can feel lonely like outsider with own family

Friends i hear you say or think !! Well dont see friends and havent for 17 years as they are married with own families !!

Dont get me wrong. I enjoy my life as a single person. Own home. Own car. Great job etc. But totally miss companionship and company. Not just sex as not going to lie i do miss sex. Hence on here but this site not really working out as nobody messages or replies. All of which make the feeling of loneliness worse at times

Companionship to have someone to laugh with, have a grown up chat with, watch a film with, go cinema, go for a meal, or even a holiday

Seems days morph into the next. Seems life is work and sleep !!

So i agree with all. It can be tough being single. Its even tougher being single male on here lol. Especially at 51 as 99% of profiles have age range up to 50 lol.

So sometimes i yearn for a social. Just to have a coffee and chat and a laugh. I cant even get a social on here. So i must be really ugly lol.

Gosh feel depressed now. Mental health not in best place as had burnout last year.

Anyway. I wanted to add my thoughts to this thread "

My age range goes beyond 50!!

By *ite -meWoman  over a year ago

my house

I love being single but yes i do miss company. Hence i try to get to as many socials as i can.

By *abmale7979Man  over a year ago

Treorchy

One of the reasons why I left my wife was because I always felt lonely even when the house was full with my kids and my wife, to me there’s nothing worse than feeling that level of loneliness. It’s a different kind of loneliness since iv been single yes I do miss the intimacy and the affection but I’m sure the right person is out there that will fill this void but if anyone ever needs someone to talk to then you are more than welcome to message me.

By *ord MarmiteMan  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

For the first time in my entire life, I don't feel alone. It is taking me a lot of time,

and some big changes to adapt. I screw up with it now and then, as I did last night and had a total breakdown of confidence about why. I got used to the silence. I got used to the void. It became comfortable, the cold became familiar.

I sound like some kind of bragging twat but I guess what I am trying to say is don't give up. Never lose faith. Don't close yourself off because you may miss the opportunity coming from someone who feels exactly like you do and is what you had been hoping for. It's uncomfortable. It's unpleasant. It's downright horrible. But it's actually not permanent even when it's feeling like it.

If it can happen for me of all people, it will definitely happen for everyone else .

You are all strong people .

By *lmond SkinMan  over a year ago

Wales

In general on hard times its tuff but a wise man told me a long time ago. There is allways someone out there on harder times rise above the dark side and shine a positve mindset

By *elshhorseMan  over a year ago

ogmore valley

I have people who I can talk to on the phone, and friends on here, vinalla friends who I can pop in for a brew,but don't want to impose on them as they families, it's the nights,when you need a cwtch or just go for a drive, I lost some a few years ago, miss her, yes I seem confident,time and live goes on.

Wales

As long as you got a roof over your head food to eat thats the main platform. Build on that a job to sutain that if possible to get out there intetact keep mind fresh and to function it give yourself confidence that you had a productive day and not spent it watching tv or on net and thinking what if should I or should not go for it and dont let the world pass buy and time waste away.

By *exycarlxxxMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

Much of the loneliness described in this thread I can relate to. Missing something that you once had...it is difficult. My breakup from my long term relationship lead me to being single, and trying to move on in a meaningful way was difficult. But I realised that it's important to love yourself first and not let your past hold you back from doing things you enjoy. This year I managed to go on a few holidays and be free. Yes it's nice to have company and companionship. But at the same time it's important that your journey must continue on and if someone chooses to join you, its got to be the right person.

Wales

Well said

Lost in the Valleys

"Much of the loneliness described in this thread I can relate to. Missing something that you once had...it is difficult. My breakup from my long term relationship lead me to being single, and trying to move on in a meaningful way was difficult. But I realised that it's important to love yourself first and not let your past hold you back from doing things you enjoy. This year I managed to go on a few holidays and be free. Yes it's nice to have company and companionship. But at the same time it's important that your journey must continue on and if someone chooses to join you, its got to be the right person. "

I bloody loved 2 weeks in Cyprus on my own & had the best ever Fab fun on my terms. I even enjoy my date nights, its not often I crave the feel of flesh on flesh & luckily its fleeting. I think it's more the sharing of mundane experiences that you used to have with someone special, that are most missed but hey, we move on & they soon become a pleasant memory X

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

"Yes, loneliness takes many forms, and you don’t have to be alone to feel lonely. "

Agreed

By *rettyflamingoCouple  over a year ago

Where the flamboyance of flamingos live

I was with someone for 20 years and have been single for the last 3. Although I chose to walk away from that relationship it’s still hard at times. I have some great friends and a loving family but that’s not the same .

I used to say I was the loneliest wife while in my relationship and now single the loneliness is different if that makes sense?

Nothing beats having someone at the end of the day to off load too, talk about the good and the bad that’s happened. Go out with, cwtch up with , having that special person in your life. Don’t get me wrong I’m very happy but at times it’s lonely x

By *nexpectedExplorerMan  over a year ago

Gower

As my bay have said, loneliness takes many forms. I feel guilty when I feel lonely because I’m paper I shouldn’t. But I still do sometimes and that can be hard. Sending happy thoughts to everyone right now. Take care of yourselves and each other

Sometimes I think I am then I remember what kinda man I attract so I rather stay as I am

By *atKat-xoxWoman  over a year ago

Neath,united kingdom

For me it's when I've attend munches on my own and I see couples together etc. I'm not single but if my partners can't come with me I feel like billy no mates ha.

» Add a new message to this topic