FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Venues for Cardiff social...

Venues for Cardiff social...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thought I'd exercise that wonderful right of ours to freedom of speech and ask you lovely lot which venue you prefer for the next Cardiff social.

Last night's venue seemed to go down well with most we spoke to during the course of the night. But I'd like to hear any views on the pros and cons of Zync v The Great Western...or the possibility of introducing another venue in future (I have a couple of ideas on that score).

But for now I thought it would be useful for you all to have some input into where you'd next like to boogey the night away. Then I can disregard it all and book the place I like best pmsl...as if I'd do that my darlings.

So come on...let's be 'aving you. xxx

P.S. Ty to everyone for making last night such a HUGE success. xxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

As a newbie, I can't compare Zync to your other venue - it seemed fine to me, although the music took a turn for the worse at some stage! As long as it has somewhere to dance

Having said that, it is nice to be in such a friendly environment where everyone is similar - there's been a really lovely feel to both the Swansea and the Cardiff socials we've been to, and you don't get that in a 'normal' venue. A.

Thanks for that Aly. Music can be a bone of contention when you don't have any control over it. And being a bit of a dancer myself - just a bit lol - I do like my music.

Zync did have a nice feel to it. I particularly liked the very apt artwork hanging on the walls lol. Did others notice it?

By *exeteraWoman  over a year ago

Bridgend

How could I miss that pic of me and you mand lol.

I preferred the Great Wetsern hun, was awkward having to go upstairs to loo and downstairs for a ciggie but a great night as usual hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

By *he WabbitsCouple  over a year ago

Bromsgrove

Wherever it has been held, we have enjoyed it. Jess likes the great western, but i liked zinc. But wherever its held we will be supporting it and you and Sean mandy xxxxxxx

Hehe Lucy...knew there was a resemblance. But don't tell Sean hun.

Know what you mean...The Great Western has a special place in my heart too. And you're right...it has everything on one level. As someone who suffers the odd hot flush - ok am sweating profusely all the time ffs lol - I like being able to pop out into the open area to cool off.

In Zync's favour on that note, it was nice and cold in the back section of the room where you could open windows.

The dilemma rages on...

Thanks for your input too Roger n Jessica...seems the room is divided lol.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Two votes for zync here. While both venues have their plus points, overall we think zync just shades it. One thing we would like to say was that getting served at the bar was much better at zync, which was a big plus!

Truth to be told, we wouldnt mind either venue, or even a new one, as its the atmosphere that does it for us.

And finally (thank god I hear you shout!) a big snog to Mand and Sean for a great night out, you guys rock!!

You're right mart...considering there were just 2 barstaff they did a great job of keeping us all well-watered.

And we're pretty much in agreement with you guys...a decent venue, some half-decent music, some good company...hey presto. We're easily pleased lol.

Oh, ty for the snogs. xxx

By *icelymarkedMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

What an excellent night - good venue is Zinc - good bar staff, interesting decor and the music wasn't so loud you couldn't hear conversations. We had to go fairly early (we hate work!!) so dunno how it went later but Zinc does it for us.

Nag time - name badges - we don't spend that much time in the chat room to know everyone, especially when names/profiles keep changing lol.

Well done to Sean who kept an eye open for interlopers etc. He doesn't often get the praise due for all his support for delicious Mandy.

Lovely to see everyone, old friends and new.

By *arktdoggerMan  over a year ago

cardiff

mand whatever venue you pick will be fine by me

By *ipstickCouple  over a year ago

swansea

Can`t compare as only been to Zync with you all - though it was great there though . x

Ty for your contributions to date folks...all are being noted. We could certainly do name badges in a venue like Zync which is more private...maybe not so appropriate in a public venue though.

Praise of Sean much appreciated...he has to put up with me in the lead-up to a social...which is a major undertaking in itself lol.

First of all can I just say a huge thank you to you for organising such a great night. It was my first social and personally I thought the venue was perfect. The bar staff were great and the decor interesting!!!!

Had a fantastic time and am really looking forward to the next one......

Wherever it is, it'll be ok in my book xxxxxxxxx

Ty for the feedback hotlips. The decor was sooooo...us lol.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"Ty for the feedback hotlips. The decor was sooooo...us lol."

Decor?

Two points.

Firstly, how typical of women to be looking at the decor lol!

Secondly, I cant say I noticed, I was too busy watching (no, I said watching, not perving!!) all the lovely ladies!!

i thought it was a fab venue....just big enuf to be cosy and not too crowded xx

cant wait for the next one x

By *ust JoanWoman  over a year ago

caerphilly

We wouldn't be able to make the 23rd, as that is the night Joan is going out with daughter to celebrate daughters 21st.

There are pro's and con's for both venues, the downside being all the stairs at Zinc, and having to descend and ascend every time you want to use the loo or have a ciggie, but on the plus side the wait at the bar is dramatically reduced. The downside of Great Western is the integration of the "alternative lifestyle" and the "vanilla" but still a fantastic night out. So all being said either venue is fine by us, but still Great Western just pips it because of the facilities being close to hand, if you want to try a new venue then that would be ok also

ooo my two penneth now ....

well i loved the social this time ., could be more myself and not looking over my shoulder to see if anyone knows me like in great western , as i am a cardiff lad and am well known so to go to a more private venue was a plus for me .

was great though to see so many friends there and make some new friends as well . x look forward to the next

Please continue to give your input guys n gals. All comments are being noted with great interest. It seems that there are pros and cons with both venues...as with most things in this life.

My gut feeling is that we will give Zync another try for the next social - providing they have availability for the dates we require - and then re-evaluate again after that. xxx

Bridgend

I'd find it difficult for the 16th and Rich and Joan can't make the 23rd, think 30th would be better as people would have recovered from Chrimbo and got paid lol.

That sounds very sensible Lucy. I tend to agree hun. xxx

Bridgend

lol Mand I can do sensible sometimes

Bloody hell hun...it must be catching!!! That's 2 of us going all sensible all of a sudden. Anyone else care to join us lol?

is joining ya only cos at my age i got no choice than to be sensible.

oh feck dont i fib lolololol weeeeeeeeeeheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Ssshhh kitt...we're trying to look sensible here pmsl hun. xxx

By *icelymarkedMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Sensible? Sensible?? That's like saying Jane is erm, erm .... anyway are we talking 30th Dec here?? That could be a fun night ... we could get away with fancy dress too .... and name badges ...and everythin .....xxxx

I know ... Mandy goes

Sorry to disappoint you mr nicely...we're talking 30th JANUARY. It would be really hard work trying to get a big enough group together on 30th Dec. People have so many commitments over the Christmas period and most would be saving themselves for New Year's Eve celebrations methinks. xxx

Bridgend

God Mand, sensible head again.

Here goes, there are a few parties coming up in the next few weeks and people's work parties and the expense of Chrimbo etc so I personally think a Chrimbo get together would be futile unfortunately.

awwww mand if its the 30th i will be partying hard in butlins ... the weekend before is my birthday but am sure you will have a fab fab time ...will send a hanky with my aftershave lmao .xxx

hell mands 30th January thats ages away what about middle of Jan you know time when everything feels flat and u want some cheering up x

I'm in agreement with you Lucy...think it's not going to be worth the effort of organising a Christmas social as people have a lot of other commitments in December...plus we don't want to clash with the brilliant Swansea social. xxx

Daio...as long as you're attached to your hanky that will be perfectly acceptable lol hun. You won't miss us lot if the social is on 30th Jan...you'll be too busy enjoying yourself hun. We'll miss you though. xxx

And last but not least...the earlier dates in January are proving difficult kitt so it looks like we'll be opting for the 30th. Gives everyone time to save their pennies ready. Know what you mean about that flat phase though. xxx

Think it's going to be Zync again for the next social guys n gals. And providing we can get it, we're aiming for Saturday 30th January. So start saving your pennies for a post-Christmas celebration. xxx

» Add a new message to this topic