FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Anxiety

Anxiety

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rtyIan OP   Man  over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

Good morning all you Welsh deviants

As many of you who use the forums will know recently I attended a social but left after a short time due to an anxiety attack. I had loads of messages etc after that post many saying to not let it stop me attending others. One was from the lovely organiser of the Bridgend and Newport socials asking if I was free to attend the upcoming Bridgend social.

I umed and arred making internal excuses as to why I couldn’t go, I put that inner critic to one side and said yes I could go.

So last night after a shower n shave I got sorted and drove to Bridgend to the social, as soon as I got there the host greeted me and sat and talked, I chatted and had a laugh with a number of people during the night and stayed until the end.

Thank you to all of you that chatted and put my inner excuses to the back of my mind.

Thank you to Mrs K (l) for inviting me see you all at the next one and at Newport on the 17th oh and Blackwood on the 15th

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Well done! I put so much off because of my nervousness, regret it afterwards and wish I'd gone.

Sometimes it's best to be forced into doing something that takes you out of your comfort zone I think

By *heRazorsEdgeMan  over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

"Good morning all you Welsh deviants

As many of you who use the forums will know recently I attended a social but left after a short time due to an anxiety attack. I had loads of messages etc after that post many saying to not let it stop me attending others. One was from the lovely organiser of the Bridgend and Newport socials asking if I was free to attend the upcoming Bridgend social.

I umed and arred making internal excuses as to why I couldn’t go, I put that inner critic to one side and said yes I could go.

So last night after a shower n shave I got sorted and drove to Bridgend to the social, as soon as I got there the host greeted me and sat and talked, I chatted and had a laugh with a number of people during the night and stayed until the end.

Thank you to all of you that chatted and put my inner excuses to the back of my mind.

Thank you to Mrs K (l) for inviting me see you all at the next one and at Newport on the 17th oh and Blackwood on the 15th "

Well done for having the courage to not let one bad experience stop you from having more good experiences!

Sometimes our brains are our own worst enemies!

Gateway to the Beacons

Thank you to Mrs K (l) for inviting me see you all at the next one and at Newport on the 17th oh and Blackwood on the 15th

Well done for having the courage to not let one bad experience stop you from having more good experiences!

Sometimes our brains are our own worst enemies!"

The mind is a cruel Mistress

By *oby le roneMan  over a year ago

Treorchy

Good for you mate

Believe me I know exactly how you feel. I hide a lot behind humour and fake confidence (Believe me im not confident at all) but inside there's an awful lot of self doubt and anxiety. It's horrible constantly thinking no one wants you or wants you around. Having someone hold your hand a little is such a big help. Sometimes you just gotta say fuck it darlings let's do it

Glad you enjoyed yourself.

By *eard and TattsCouple  over a year ago

Cwmbran

Thank you to Mrs K (l) for inviting me see you all at the next one and at Newport on the 17th oh and Blackwood on the 15th "

Mate we are there on 17th

We would love to catch up with you then for a chat as mr can suffer bouts of anxiety so know you are not alone

Cwmbran

We nearly bailed out the greenhouse Saturday. We both were nervous but so glad we took the leap

Was excited all month then 2 hours before i started dry heaving

Once there it was amazing

Gateway to the Beacons

"We nearly bailed out the greenhouse Saturday. We both were nervous but so glad we took the leap

Once there it was amazing "

I sat in the car park doing my breathing exercises

Had a word with myself and went in

Had a good night

Catch up for a beer with you both

Cwmbran

"We nearly bailed out the greenhouse Saturday. We both were nervous but so glad we took the leap

Once there it was amazing

I sat in the car park doing my breathing exercises

Had a word with myself and went in

Had a good night

Catch up for a beer with you both "

Definitely mate you seem down to earth so yeah

By *iscreetxplayMan  over a year ago

Vale of Glamorgan

Good on you mate,it takes a lot to overcome and talk about the nerves of walking into an avent, Thanks to Mrs K for her greeting and making everyone feel at ease,

P.s. she is one sexy lady too xx

By *host25Woman  over a year ago

caerphilly

Totally feel ya. Good on braving it though. I'd love to go to a social as once I get going I'm a proper nympho but I'm no good with chat chat and my anxiety gets the better of me especially going in alone

» Add a new message to this topic