FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Weight loss/weigh management.

Weight loss/weigh management.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atKat-xox OP   Woman  over a year ago

Neath,united kingdom

Firstly please be kind in comments.

I'm wondering if those who have successfully lost weight through healthy and sustainable ways could offer advice or tips. I have around two stone to lose, and when I'm good I'm good but when shit hits the fan I completely come off track. Not looking for a fast or quick way of doing this either.

Thanks!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ing-louisMan  over a year ago

Merthyr Tydfil

Keeping an eye on this for myself. I get plenty of exercise in work but I'm guilty of snacking and being too tired (lazy) to cook healthy meals.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I lost 5 stone 6 years ago and have pretty much kept it off bar for the odd few pounds on and off here and there.

I was a massive cider drinker, would drink 5/6 cans a night. Stopped that, switched to wine. Cut back on heavy carbs. Train in the gym 5/6 days a week. My diet is shit sometimes especially before I come on etc but I seem to be able to get away with it for the most part with a lot of exercise and eating decently the rest of the time. Good luck

Neath,united kingdom

"I lost 5 stone 6 years ago and have pretty much kept it off bar for the odd few pounds on and off here and there.

I was a massive cider drinker, would drink 5/6 cans a night. Stopped that, switched to wine. Cut back on heavy carbs. Train in the gym 5/6 days a week. My diet is shit sometimes especially before I come on etc but I seem to be able to get away with it for the most part with a lot of exercise and eating decently the rest of the time. Good luck "

This is really helpful thank you so much! I'm on atm and I'm craving everything.

By *ai MyrddinMan  over a year ago

Caerphilly

I’ve lost 8 stone from my heaviest and keeping it off. I use the My Fitness Pal app to set myself a daily calorie target and eat what I like within that. I record everything I eat or drink except when on a night out. Happy to show you it sometime. Also move more if you can. In lockdown I started power walking and did at least 5 miles, 4 or 5 miles a week. I still try and do a 5 miler at least three times a week.

Hope this is of some help

Neath,united kingdom

"I’ve lost 8 stone from my heaviest and keeping it off. I use the My Fitness Pal app to set myself a daily calorie target and eat what I like within that. I record everything I eat or drink except when on a night out. Happy to show you it sometime. Also move more if you can. In lockdown I started power walking and did at least 5 miles, 4 or 5 miles a week. I still try and do a 5 miler at least three times a week.

Hope this is of some help "

This is really helpful to, you look amazing and I was in awe when saw you . Thank you! X

By *aughtyintownMan  over a year ago

Newport

I feel your pain. I put on a couple of stone in my mid 50's and it's hell to shift.

I'm fine in the house, if there's nothing naughty to eat. When I go shopping I'm careful not to pick up crap. But my problem is at work where people bring cakes, sweets and chocolate.

By *nsatiableCouple2022Couple  over a year ago

Cardiff

I've recently lost 4 stone, I cut down on fizzy drinks and bought a weighted hula hoop, great cardio and for belly, hips and arms. Hope this helps x

Neath,united kingdom

"I feel your pain. I put on a couple of stone in my mid 50's and it's hell to shift.

I'm fine in the house, if there's nothing naughty to eat. When I go shopping I'm careful not to pick up crap. But my problem is at work where people bring cakes, sweets and chocolate.

"

I work from home full time so got constant access to my own food and I'm telling you now it's not good X

Neath,united kingdom

"I've recently lost 4 stone, I cut down on fizzy drinks and bought a weighted hula hoop, great cardio and for belly, hips and arms. Hope this helps x"

This is perfect thank you so much! X

Caerphilly

"I’ve lost 8 stone from my heaviest and keeping it off. I use the My Fitness Pal app to set myself a daily calorie target and eat what I like within that. I record everything I eat or drink except when on a night out. Happy to show you it sometime. Also move more if you can. In lockdown I started power walking and did at least 5 miles, 4 or 5 miles a week. I still try and do a 5 miler at least three times a week.

Hope this is of some help

This is really helpful to, you look amazing and I was in awe when saw you . Thank you! X"

Aw thanks lovely. If I can do it anyone can xx

Caerphilly

"I feel your pain. I put on a couple of stone in my mid 50's and it's hell to shift.

I work from home full time so got constant access to my own food and I'm telling you now it's not good X"

You have to be disciplined in your shopping if you can. Don’t have crap in your house

By *ust P3achyWoman  over a year ago

Lost in the Valleys

I work from home full time so got constant access to my own food and I'm telling you now it's not good X

You have to be disciplined in your shopping if you can. Don’t have crap in your house "

I'd definitely echo that, I lost 6 stone last year but I've put 1 stone back on. I'm finding that all the bad stuff is creeping back into the house. I'm moving next week with a plan to stay afresh with only good stuff to eat & back to walking the dogs. If I can do it anyone can X

By *exi_LexiTV/TS  over a year ago

wales

I lost nearly a stone in 2 weeks, due to being dumped by my misses and losing my appetite altogether, probably not the best way to go about weight loss mind lol, been trying to put some back on but it's a struggle

By *ojo2joWoman  over a year ago

Penclawdd

"Firstly please be kind in comments.

I'm wondering if those who have successfully lost weight through healthy and sustainable ways could offer advice or tips. I have around two stone to lose, and when I'm good I'm good but when shit hits the fan I completely come off track. Not looking for a fast or quick way of doing this either.

I know it is a personal choice but you are absolutely stunning as you are too.

Thanks!"

By *aughtyandNicecplCouple  over a year ago

south wales

I also lost about 8 stone a few years ago and got heavily into cycling which really helped me. I found that setting yourself a goal or target really helps and then Just trying to get yourself into a routine that helps you to stay focused.

I started studying sports fitness and coaching when I was training to help me understand what I needed to do and then ended up doing a degree in coaching, fitness and nutrition so always more than happy to help with any training plans or questions around diet that you may have.

"Firstly please be kind in comments.

Thanks!"

It all begins in the mind, this is key. We all want to loose weight but it has to be a driven passion. I went on diets for years but gave up. Then in 2019 it clicked, I lost 6 stone. Here are my tips:

1. Swap white carbs for grains, cous cous, quinoa

2. Measure portions

3. Eaten your smaller portion and still feel hungry? Sit it out. Your body takes longer than your mind, you will feel full after a few minutes.

4. Fruit and veg as snacks

5. Cut fat off meat and ditch the oil when cooking.

6. Exercise but don’t push yourself. I started with morning short walks now run 6 miles a day (I love it, less so would be fine)

7. Don’t restrict, a new diet is hard. Do 5 days good and let loose a bit for two days. I don’t mean gorge just have some treats.

8. Lastly don’t punish yourself for a mistake. When you do you are further on than you were. Draw a line and move on

It takes time but when you see those first changes, looser clothes or a change on the scales, you’ll be motivated to continue. Good luck!

I lost 6 stone and managed to keep it off. Calorie deficit and exercise. Don’t deprive yourself of the things you enjoy to eat. No food is bad, and make sure to take diet breaks every month or two ( up the calories ) to help re start metabolism.

"I lost 5 stone 6 years ago and have pretty much kept it off bar for the odd few pounds on and off here and there.

I was a massive cider drinker, would drink 5/6 cans a night. Stopped that, switched to wine. Cut back on heavy carbs. Train in the gym 5/6 days a week. My diet is shit sometimes especially before I come on etc but I seem to be able to get away with it for the most part with a lot of exercise and eating decently the rest of the time. Good luck

This is really helpful thank you so much! I'm on atm and I'm craving everything."

Hormones are an absolute fucking nightmare on appetite, I'm peri-menopausal aswell and it plays absolute havoc with this compulsion to eat absolutely anything even though I am not hungry especially crap and I retain loads of water especially if I have ben eating salty food . If I was a bloke I would easily be a size 8

Track everything.

Depending on your goals \ timeline get the protein, carbs & fat balance right.

(My fitness Pal or another app helps)

Calorie deficit and move more.

If you follow the above and don't see progress then (for me anyway) cut further cals or move more.

Preparation is also good, I now prep everything Mon to Fri the night before and enter it into the app, stops the "fook this I want a takeout last min".

Consistency is also key, get yourself into a habit of a few kilometres walk per day.

Instagram "thefittnesschef_" is good too.

Also if hitting the gym, someone to spot you or shout at you is also good lol.

Also I'm still learning so this is what works for me ATM, 21 stone down to 17.5 - 18 at ATM.

Best of luck. Xx

Hey I’ve lost 4+ stone and actually gained abit of muscle too, the way I found did it for me was a calorie deficit staying around 1220- 1600 calories a day and doing plenty of cardio you’ve got the obvious cardio method but then also what I did was 20 on a bike in the gym with ten minutes incline walking to finish up along with weights in between x

Hats off to you mate, 1600 cals is some serious cutting, how do you find strength training on that intake?

Apologies, don't mean I offtrack the thread.

Well done everyone

By *ouble_Trouble_X2Couple  over a year ago

caerphilly

(Mrs) I'll be following this thread, have had some success in the past but not for the last 5 years! Not greedy just want to loose a couple dress sizes and tone happy being curvy just want to loose some of the extra padding! Thanks for posting xx

By *mjay99Man  over a year ago

Port Talbot

I swim for an hour 3 times a week. Eat the same crap but lost 3 1/2 stone in a year and it's staying off. Still a chocoholic and still love a few drinks a few times a week. Good luck as some of the posts on this thread are very helpful. You look great by the way!

By *attoodchapMan  over a year ago

Swansea

300-500 kcal deficit per day is sufficient to lose weight and you won't starve either. Consistency is the biggest factor with any weight loss programme. Aim for lots of protein as that'll suppress your appetite. Never drink your calories and stick to diet drinks as there's no sugar etc. Also 8 hours of sleep! 4 stone down in 4 months and yet to do any cardio!

It really is a case of "move more, eat less rubbish."

Find an exercise you enjoy and stick to it. I'm over a stone down since I started running, and it helps me to (mostly) keep focused in the kitchen too by making better choices.

Sarah

By *reenleavesCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

Increasing your activity and reducing sugary treats is probably the most straight forward way. I started a new job 3 months ago that had me rushing around for about 4hrs a day. I've lost 8kg! Before that, I worked from home and was forever in the snack cupboard.

Depending on how you wish to approach it. Primarily it move more eat less. Of course more complicated.

I lost three stone before injury which set me back. I looked at the different body types of which there are three. I ectomorph, mesomorph and endomorph you seem more of an endomorph body type.

Endomorph respond well to reducing carb intake but keeping healthy fats higher and proteins.

Weights work better then cardio with endomorpth types. This can be body weigh or actual weights.

You don’t have to lift heavy but increase in muscle activity is keys. Try do some cardio walking is great just fast enough so you can’t hold a conversation with out taking a breath.

So lean meats, nuts like almond and avocado for healthily fats. Some carbs made up from fruit and veg.

Try getting 10000 steps in a day and some weights.

Keep track of what you eat. Don’t waver.

You only looking for 500 calories of day deficit. Over a weeks that’s 3500 calories which is equal to a pound of fat.

Keeping at it is key. Don’t deny yourself. Bad day forget it get back on track the next day. Consistency is key.

By *o againTV/TS  over a year ago

swansea

I've lost 8lbs in kast couple of weeks. I've nit dieted at all.. but have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.. every cloud hey..

By *hubby11977Man  over a year ago

Pontypridd

Ive lost 1st 7lb since jan 1st. Thats all ive done is change my eating and drinking habbits. Ive stopped snacking inbetween meals and stopped the alcohol through the week. My ave week is

Friut for breakfast

Meal for dinner

Meal for tea

Friut and yoghurt for supper

For exercise ave 20,000 steps walking

Saturday treat day eat and drink what i want.

Ive noticed that these days on saturdays im not eating as much

By *oveboyMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Well I could offer but can't reply privately to u about ur problem

By *oveboyMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

"Firstly please be kind in comments.bloody good tips might use them my self

Thanks!

It all begins in the mind, this is key. We all want to loose weight but it has to be a driven passion. I went on diets for years but gave up. Then in 2019 it clicked, I lost 6 stone. Here are my tips:

1. Swap white carbs for grains, cous cous, quinoa

2. Measure portions

3. Eaten your smaller portion and still feel hungry? Sit it out. Your body takes longer than your mind, you will feel full after a few minutes.

4. Fruit and veg as snacks

5. Cut fat off meat and ditch the oil when cooking.

6. Exercise but don’t push yourself. I started with morning short walks now run 6 miles a day (I love it, less so would be fine)

7. Don’t restrict, a new diet is hard. Do 5 days good and let loose a bit for two days. I don’t mean gorge just have some treats.

8. Lastly don’t punish yourself for a mistake. When you do you are further on than you were. Draw a line and move on

It takes time but when you see those first changes, looser clothes or a change on the scales, you’ll be motivated to continue. Good luck! "

Neath,united kingdom

Thank you everyone for the awesome comments! Really helpful advice here. Thank you to those who took the time to message me also! Xx

By *ia RooCouple  over a year ago

Port Talbot

Hubby lost 4.5 stone through a balanced diet he is now loving life and we get out a lot more too. Enjoy xx

By *addyAWoman  over a year ago

Beside the Seaside

Scaseyfitness on Insta is also really helpful.

Honestly high protien foods and pre work out??

By *otSupermanMan  over a year ago

risca

The theory is simple burn more than you consume

However a lot can affect that, the best way to begin is making small choices. Implement them slowly

For example, going from 2 sugars to 1, a few days later increase your daily steps to 10,000

Making too many changes too soon can be a lot of change for the body and mind. Small changes made slowly lead to better long term success

Ultimately getting Into shape requires routine and new habits, ideally a gym would be the best path, with a well written programme or great classes

You’ll drop the weight you require

"Honestly high protien foods and pre work out??"

15 scoops of noxplode with a follow up for a C4 can for mid session

By *hickfredMan  over a year ago

Swansea

"Honestly high protien foods and pre work out??

15 scoops of noxplode with a follow up for a C4 can for mid session "

Damn! How about a few scoops of original Jack3d mixed with fourloco

By *ory_xWoman  over a year ago

42 Wallaby Way Syndey

"The theory is simple burn more than you consume

However a lot can affect that, the best way to begin is making small choices. Implement them slowly

For example, going from 2 sugars to 1, a few days later increase your daily steps to 10,000

Making too many changes too soon can be a lot of change for the body and mind. Small changes made slowly lead to better long term success

Ultimately getting Into shape requires routine and new habits, ideally a gym would be the best path, with a well written programme or great classes

You’ll drop the weight you require "

This is great advice

By *edi123Couple  over a year ago

aberystwyth

"Thank you everyone for the awesome comments! Really helpful advice here. Thank you to those who took the time to message me also! Xx"

We use weight watchers and pinch of nom for recipes.

Best of luck

Xx

I use demon dean one two scoops and I see noises

» Add a new message to this topic