FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Suggestions for improving Fab

Suggestions for improving Fab

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    37 weeks ago

Hey all

It seems that these days there are more timewasters, dreamers, and fantasy tourists than ever before. So much so I’m now seeing women and couples complain in greater frequency.

This will inevitably kill the site over time as it becomes a fools errand being here if plonkers stand people up all the time.

Surely the site should adapt some basic principles:

1) mandatory to have a photo (no silhouettes)

2) mandatory to be at least photo verified

3) report button for no shows that brings up the chat log at the admin end, 3 strikes and you’re out

4) an Uber style rating for promptness/ appearing as pics etc (a 5 star rating)

Any others? Any thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *otyouraverageguyMan 37 weeks ago

west midlands and north Wales

2 is the key and there's no excuse for not having that. I just avoid profiles that aren't photo verified

3 and 4 are interesting but worry they could be abused.

"2 is the key and there's no excuse for not having that. I just avoid profiles that aren't photo verified

3 and 4 are interesting but worry they could be abused.

"

Yeah I hear you, I guess photo verification goes a long way, for me it always seemed a bit pointless verifying by photo that you’re a man, in that it’s normally men masquerading as women/couples that’s the issue, but verifying that you are who you say you are I guess is the important part

By *otyouraverageguyMan 37 weeks ago

west midlands and north Wales

You are right though, having returned about two years ago after a break of 5 to 6 years, I couldn't believe the change to the site

By *adyinred696969Couple 37 weeks ago

Brecon

"Hey all

It seems that these days there are more timewasters, dreamers, and fantasy tourists than ever before. So much so I’m now seeing women and couples complain in greater frequency.

This will inevitably kill the site over time as it becomes a fools errand being here if plonkers stand people up all the time.

3) report button for no shows that brings up the chat log at the admin end, 3 strikes and you’re out

Any others? Any thoughts?"

1) we agree with

2) proves nothing...we arent photo verified, Having a photo on a swingers site doesnt make it any more likely that people will turn up for meets.

3)Things happen, meets get cancelled...but if you've already given someone 2 chances, I'd say the onus is on you to improve your selection crtiteria

4) Ever heard of verifications?

By (user no longer on site) 37 weeks ago

Blocked should be BLOCKED. Currently they can see your profile pic, status updates on their blocked list and worst they can see your forum posts

[Removed by poster at 21/08/23 12:56:51]

And they can see if you’re online or last online

That’s a great point

"Hey all

Any others? Any thoughts?

1) we agree with

2) proves nothing...we arent photo verified, Having a photo on a swingers site doesnt make it any more likely that people will turn up for meets.

3)Things happen, meets get cancelled...but if you've already given someone 2 chances, I'd say the onus is on you to improve your selection crtiteria

4) Ever heard of verifications?"

1) good

2) I reckon it’s an extra step that would put off those just looking to bigger about

3) I don’t give more than 2 chances, I mean generally, if 3 people report the same account for time wasting then it’s curtains unless they’re active via veris as stuff does happen

4) veris can be hidden or disappear if the account leaving the veto leaves the site. 30 veris means nothing if they’re all hidden and all bad.

"And they can see if you’re online or last online "

Also a great point!

Tie the account to an email address and a phone number. So if an account gets banned it's very difficult to spin up another account. Also will allow things like 2FA for account security. Plus EVERYONE has phones these days.

"Tie the account to an email address and a phone number. So if an account gets banned it's very difficult to spin up another account. Also will allow things like 2FA for account security. Plus EVERYONE has phones these days."

Great idea

"Tie the account to an email address and a phone number. So if an account gets banned it's very difficult to spin up another account. Also will allow things like 2FA for account security. Plus EVERYONE has phones these days."

Takes 5 seconds to make another email address and sims cost 99p plus top up so easy to just change sims and come online.

I do agree that blocked should mean blocked, can't see anything blocked.

By *xmcdTV/TS 37 weeks ago

Wrexham

The report for not turning up is a good idea but not the rating part I think that can lead to chaos though the idea is not a bad one. Mandatory pictures is likely to lead to more fake pics but definitely photo verified would help there

"Tie the account to an email address and a phone number. So if an account gets banned it's very difficult to spin up another account. Also will allow things like 2FA for account security. Plus EVERYONE has phones these days.

Takes 5 seconds to make another email address and sims cost 99p plus top up so easy to just change sims and come online.

I do agree that blocked should mean blocked, can't see anything blocked. "

I see your point; but it would be a PITA to do that over and over just it be a dick on a swingers site right?

[Removed by poster at 21/08/23 15:18:22]

"Tie the account to an email address and a phone number. So if an account gets banned it's very difficult to spin up another account. Also will allow things like 2FA for account security. Plus EVERYONE has phones these days.

I see your point; but it would be a PITA to do that over and over just it be a dick on a swingers site right?"

People do. There's a guy that makes a profile, stays for a few days, deletes it then comes back a few days later with the same profile name.

I see your point; but it would be a PITA to do that over and over just it be a dick on a swingers site right?

People do. There's a guy that makes a profile, stays for a few days, deletes it then comes back a few days later with the same profile name. "

What in the world?

Yeah, 100% agree but making it harder (this is what I do for work) will reduce it.

By *oyo1972Man 37 weeks ago

cardiff

"The report for not turning up is a good idea but not the rating part I think that can lead to chaos though the idea is not a bad one. Mandatory pictures is likely to lead to more fake pics but definitely photo verified would help there "

If you have fallen out with somebody on here who turns out to be very vindictive they can simply tag you as not turning up multiple times. It's not workable

"The report for not turning up is a good idea but not the rating part I think that can lead to chaos though the idea is not a bad one. Mandatory pictures is likely to lead to more fake pics but definitely photo verified would help there

If you have fallen out with somebody on here who turns out to be very vindictive they can simply tag you as not turning up multiple times. It's not workable "

Yep hadn’t thought of that

By (user no longer on site) 36 weeks ago

Also an option to say that if people message you 3 times and you don't reply they can't message you again til you do reply. This should be an option to turn on or off imho.

By (user no longer on site) 36 weeks ago

I see your point; but it would be a PITA to do that over and over just it be a dick on a swingers site right?"

This!

By *oobyliciousnessWoman 36 weeks ago

outside Llanelli.

Verifications.

They shouldn’t disappear if the person leaves. They should just remove the username ?

» Add a new message to this topic