FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > No Farmers , no fucking...

No Farmers , no fucking...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *unfarmerforyou OP   Man 11 weeks ago

Llandeilo

How many of you fabers are aware of what's actually going on in Agriculture? We all need farmers at least three ,four times a day, even a beer is dependent on farming.. governments, especially our Welsh senedd are hell bent on destroying livestock farming, in the name of climate change...so when you see us all out protesting..if we loose then so could you.. discuss.. what's your opinions?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ornywelsh2sumCouple 11 weeks ago

Neath valley.

Control the food,control the masses.

By *ornybarebackcplCouple 11 weeks ago

Haverfordwest

Totally agree , if it wasn't for farmers this country would be f'''ed. Does the Welsh government want us all to turn vegan and eat trees and grass . We are farmers ourselves and the farm relies on the payment from the government to survive as selling just beef doesn't keep us afloat. If we could go protest in the bigger towns we would

Llandeilo

"Totally agree , if it wasn't for farmers this country would be f'''ed. Does the Welsh government want us all to turn vegan and eat trees and grass . We are farmers ourselves and the farm relies on the payment from the government to survive as selling just beef doesn't keep us afloat. If we could go protest in the bigger towns we would

"

There's a big agenda behind all this...and the public needs to wake up...it's all about control..

But the next virus they create will probably take half of us out!

By *ornywelsh2sumCouple 11 weeks ago

Neath valley.

"Totally agree , if it wasn't for farmers this country would be f'''ed. Does the Welsh government want us all to turn vegan and eat trees and grass . We are farmers ourselves and the farm relies on the payment from the government to survive as selling just beef doesn't keep us afloat. If we could go protest in the bigger towns we would

There's a big agenda behind all this...and the public needs to wake up...it's all about control..

But the next virus they create will probably take half of us out!"

Yes. Also digital ID and digital currency all set up to control the people. If they don't wake up it's all over

By *ilth Club SwanseaWoman 11 weeks ago

swansea

If we dont resist this crap, they will have us eating their GM frankenfood, tankmeat and insects

By *ink and CwtchesMan 11 weeks ago

Swansea

You need all the support you can get, we'd be up shit creek without farmers. There was an excellent tractor protest going through Swansea today with lots of support.

By *ucky300Couple 11 weeks ago

cardiff

The proposals put forward by the Welsh Government on tree planting and set aside are up for consultation and nothing yet is set in stone. So it is up to us to respond to this with our views, personally I think we need to have less default measures and plant trees in less favourable areas and not on good agricultural land. If we don't take climate change seriously now it will be to late and none of us will be here to worry about Westminster or the Senedd. The amount of rain and flooding we have had these last years, burning of our forests and the melting of the ice caps should make us all aware of the dangers of climate change.

Llandeilo

"The proposals put forward by the Welsh Government on tree planting and set aside are up for consultation and nothing yet is set in stone. So it is up to us to respond to this with our views, personally I think we need to have less default measures and plant trees in less favourable areas and not on good agricultural land. If we don't take climate change seriously now it will be to late and none of us will be here to worry about Westminster or the Senedd. The amount of rain and flooding we have had these last years, burning of our forests and the melting of the ice caps should make us all aware of the dangers of climate change."

Apparently the climate has allways changed throughout time.. scientists sing to the tune of whoever pays for their research salary.. CO2 is not a problem, actually we need more in the atmosphere..it's essential plant food.. Google the facts! To reduce it is suicidal.. plants would die .and we would have no food.

Big multinationals now control everything.. media, pharmaceuticals, energy, finance.. now they want to take control of the food production of the world..

Wales is just 0.017% of the land area of the earth... But it's all we have... It once fueled the world with coal, now it's steel works is probably going to shut down, due to selling it off to foreigners, and the high cost of energy here in the UK, due mainly to climate Levy's etc...to plant Wales completely with trees would make not one bit of difference.. but do you really want to depend on getting all your food from abroad? I certainly don't!

cardiff

Co2 is the problem and since industrialisation we have been producing to much of it. You are correct plants need it for photosynthesis, but the amount we are now producing is creating an imbalance in nature and with other pollutants is causing a temperature rise. Yes there has always been climatic changes, the problem now is the speed of change. And Yes we are only a small nation and the effect we can have on our own is negligible. This is part of the problem every country thinks their little bit won't help but it does. The USA has made a huge effort to plant trees in recent years and it has been found that states in the South East where there has been significant tree plantings are experiencing temperature reductions of a couple of degrees.

By *heoriginalCJMan 11 weeks ago

mystic valley

"The proposals put forward by the Welsh Government on tree planting and set aside are up for consultation and nothing yet is set in stone. So it is up to us to respond to this with our views, personally I think we need to have less default measures and plant trees in less favourable areas and not on good agricultural land. If we don't take climate change seriously now it will be to late and none of us will be here to worry about Westminster or the Senedd. The amount of rain and flooding we have had these last years, burning of our forests and the melting of the ice caps should make us all aware of the dangers of climate change."

In the meantime funding is again cut to river maintenance by the Welsh government. They want to stop maintenance because of wildlife habitats, and want to stop sea defence work because it might scare the birds ?

I agree we need to do our bit for the climate but I think it's got out of control and until the government listen to the custodians of the land (farmers) they will enevitably fail in their objectives.

You only have to look at the policy of planting trees where naturally there are none and the land is grazed and managed for thousands of years by animals.

Farmers will tell you how to manage the land, and if they listened to them, there wouldn't be flooding problems, the land would be greener, more trees, and there would be more wildlife.

cardiff

Yes farmers are the custodians of our land but they are being driven by the demand for food and hence have changed from mixed farms to intensive livestock or grain farms. I can remember driving home from University in the 70's and my car would be covered in dead insects. You would be lucky to find a half dozen dead insects on your car nowadays if you did the same 4 hour journey. It's not the farmers fault it is population and food demand, but my fear is that if we do nothing to address these issues now our earth will go into a death spiral. I may not see it but my children and grand children will. There are plenty of non productive areas of Wales that the Senydd could be using to achieve their goals and that is where we should be addressing our efforts.

By *heoriginalCJMan 11 weeks ago

mystic valley

"Yes farmers are the custodians of our land but they are being driven by the demand for food and hence have changed from mixed farms to intensive livestock or grain farms. I can remember driving home from University in the 70's and my car would be covered in dead insects. You would be lucky to find a half dozen dead insects on your car nowadays if you did the same 4 hour journey. It's not the farmers fault it is population and food demand, but my fear is that if we do nothing to address these issues now our earth will go into a death spiral. I may not see it but my children and grand children will. There are plenty of non productive areas of Wales that the Senydd could be using to achieve their goals and that is where we should be addressing our efforts."

The reason they are protesting is that farm payments will dissappear if the Welsh government continues with its plans.

Farmers do not object to looking how to increase trees and habitats but unfortunately what it costs the farmer to produce food is more than what they are being paid for it.

Hence why farm payments were brought in to ensure you get cheap food in the shops and farms could continue to produce.

The ironic result is that the supermarkets have capitalised on the whole system and control everything making huge profit margins while the farmer gets the bad deal.

By *otjimMan 10 weeks ago

newport

I agree with comments above. It’s not the farmers fault they have been pushing into producing cheap food. The Welsh government need to look at the bigger picture as well. If you force livestock number down throughout uk. The lightly hood these numbers will need to be else where is high. So if it’s South American countries they will end up cutting down 10% more tree than we are planting due to live stock number per acre. There needs to minimum price for purchase introduced so farmer can work to figures and not be controlled. Farmers are happy to reinvested in there business if it’s proven to be profitable the knock on effect would he great.

By *rhugesMan 10 weeks ago

Cardiff

From what I can see it's black****. If I understand it you have to give up 10% of your land to planting trees to get subsidiaries.

What total nonsense

By *unfarmerforyou OP   Man 10 weeks ago

Llandeilo

Even if we tell them to stuff the subsidies..where the sun doesn't shine ...we still are not free to get on and farm and grow food for the people... They are imposing a nitrogen limit, throughout Wales..far lower than in English areas..which will mean big dairy farms will have to cut down on numbers big time! I have an on going dispute over the fact that I ploughed a field with out getting it assessed first for what they deem to be habitat..which means it can never produce anything for eternity...it's probably going to cost me thousands.at a time when we are facing food supply uncertainty..

By *oyo1972Man 10 weeks ago

cardiff

The vast majority of forest fires are caused by people and nothing to do with the alleged 'climate emergency'. Human activity accounts for 3% of all co2 in the atmosphere. It is miniscule and no amount of taxation can change the climate. We are being taken for fools

By *ucky300Couple 10 weeks ago

cardiff

Where does the other 97% come from?

By *heoriginalCJMan 10 weeks ago

mystic valley

"Where does the other 97% come from?"

The worlds oceans produce the largest amount, followed by animal and plant respiration and decompostion of organic matter. Also forest fires and volcanic activity produces large consistent amounts.

All off the tinternet

By *ucky300Couple 10 weeks ago

cardiff

But the CO2 has always been in balance, ie what is produced is absorbed, eg peat bogs, photosynthesis etc. By humans now burning fossil fuels we are upsetting this balance and releasing stored gas into the atmosphere which is where the problem arises.

By (user no longer on site) 10 weeks ago

I like eating cows and piggies though.. and parsnips.

By *heoriginalCJMan 10 weeks ago

mystic valley

" But the CO2 has always been in balance, ie what is produced is absorbed, eg peat bogs, photosynthesis etc. By humans now burning fossil fuels we are upsetting this balance and releasing stored gas into the atmosphere which is where the problem arises."

The post was never about any of this, it's about what the farmers are fighting for.

Loosing 20% of their land is not going to save the world, and will create food shortages

By *mmaj69TV/TS 10 weeks ago

swansea

Totally behind the farmers we need to be able to feed ourselves if we tolerate this then our children will be next.

By *otjimMan 10 weeks ago

newport

Out of interested anyone going to Cardiff tomorrow to show there support ?

By *illupMan 10 weeks ago

Stoke-on-Trent

"Yes farmers are the custodians of our land but they are being driven by the demand for food and hence have changed from mixed farms to intensive livestock or grain farms. I can remember driving home from University in the 70's and my car would be covered in dead insects. You would be lucky to find a half dozen dead insects on your car nowadays if you did the same 4 hour journey. It's not the farmers fault it is population and food demand, but my fear is that if we do nothing to address these issues now our earth will go into a death spiral. I may not see it but my children and grand children will. There are plenty of non productive areas of Wales that the Senydd could be using to achieve their goals and that is where we should be addressing our efforts."
too true

By *efByOrgasmsMan 10 weeks ago

Heads of the Valleys

It's all kicking off in Europe with the farmers protesting.

We need to stand behind the farmers and show the government that's we ain't taking their bullshit agendas and policies.

They're trying to blame cows for global warming these days its mental

By *efByOrgasmsMan 10 weeks ago

Heads of the Valleys

How's it looking like in Cardiff today?

By *iverredMan 10 weeks ago

Aberystwyth

Was planning to go today, but have started lambing and there was no one else to help me here.

By *oyo1972Man 10 weeks ago

cardiff

" But the CO2 has always been in balance, ie what is produced is absorbed, eg peat bogs, photosynthesis etc. By humans now burning fossil fuels we are upsetting this balance and releasing stored gas into the atmosphere which is where the problem arises."

If co2 is the problem then why is it only the 3% causing it? The most powerful govts can't solve homelessness but can change the temperature if you pay more tax.....

By *eak01Man 10 weeks ago

carmathen

Pointless meeting in cardiff today might as well watch paint dry .

Enough of speeches more action is needed.

Im ready with my tractor ha

By *ELSH-FARMERMan 10 weeks ago

SNIFF-MY-DIFF

We're all ready tractors and tankers for the next 1

By *unkmiMan 10 weeks ago

Newtown

Seriously?

By *reddiefunMan 10 weeks ago

Mold

"Where does the other 97% come from?

The worlds oceans produce the largest amount, followed by animal and plant respiration and decompostion of organic matter. Also forest fires and volcanic activity produces large consistent amounts.

All off the tinternet "

rice paddy fields are massive polluters!

By *ountrycowboyMan 10 weeks ago

chepstow

It’s lovely to see some support here for us farmers this is only the start there will be many protests to come over the following months as this won’t get sorted out over night all we want to do is produce food for a fair price and be able to make a living from it x

By *iverredMan 10 weeks ago

Aberystwyth

"It’s lovely to see some support here for us farmers this is only the start there will be many protests to come over the following months as this won’t get sorted out over night all we want to do is produce food for a fair price and be able to make a living from it x "

There will definitely be more protests to come. In what shape or form, time will tell. Us farmers are food producers and the countryside custodians. We will be the last people to starve here in Wales and the UK. No farmers, no food.

» Add a new message to this topic