FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > "Swinger" friendly pubs

"Swinger" friendly pubs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just an idea!!! Is there a known "swinger" orientated/friendly pub in Cardiff??If not whats peoples thoughts on it.Maybe we could "set up " one ie make it known that most people into the scene go to a particular venue

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

yes thats a grrrrreat idea

bow dont know of any friendly to swingers hun, scared brewery will find out, hence we have our socials but dont say we are swingers, but quite a few swingers run their own pubs u just gotta find the ones that do xxx

The brewery/licensee wouldnt need to know.Just be nice to have a known pub amongst the "swinging" fraternity that we could go to knowing there would be others of like mind present

i know that well why dont you have a word with a few landlords in your area hun and see wot they think and let us know, i know i wouldnt want my local to be swinger friendly lol

By *stwoCouple  over a year ago

anywhere

any publican with half a brain in their head would not even consider that idea.

anywhere

Should we now start swingers meets in works canteens at lunchtime?

WTF!!!!!!!!! I aint talking about the Nags Head down Peckham!!! Its just a suggestion.Most pubs in Cardiff are that big you wouldnt even know who is who.All Im trying to say it would be nice to know there is a specific pub frequented by liberated adults

anywhere

how long do u think it would take staff to realise?

Few points to agree and disagree with.

Going to the local watering hole and asking the landlord "is it all right if a few of my singing friends take over your pub on a said day" is frankly preposterous, while also saying "hey theres a swingers party in there" is equally stupid. Saying that it happed at the last Cardiff social

However pubs are public houses and as long as a social gathering is just that then the landlord is simply there to provide refreshment to the patrons.

Do they get concerned every weekend when people flirt and openly kiss after a few? NO!

As a social gathering I think its a super idea however were bordering on a mini social

As for the initial question I haven't heard of any pubs but I'm sure there are some around.

anywhere

as publicans we realise how easy it is for a pub to get known for all the wrong reasons and that is a certainly 1 we would not want to be known for.Even though we are in this lifestyle ourselves

By *imfromGlasgowMan  over a year ago

er...guess

I can't imagine any pub would want to be known as a swinger's pub. In a matter of weeks (days?) no non-swingers would go anywhere near the place.

anywhere

thank you jim.

"any publican with half a brain in their head would not even consider that idea."

Why??? we have a pub and run the barnsley socials, we also have alot of swingers using the pub at weekends and our regulars know we are swingers and are fine with it. even have our own website for it (rose and crown check out the club section on fabs)

"I can't imagine any pub would want to be known as a swinger's pub. In a matter of weeks (days?) no non-swingers would go anywhere near the place."

WRONG!

"how long do u think it would take staff to realise?"

Our staff are swingers

"Should we now start swingers meets in works canteens at lunchtime?"

my god its swingers like you that continue to portray the lifestyle as dirty and seedy obviously we dont rub the noses of our regulars in our lifestyle but we are honest and open and they apreciate that and accecpt having the pub closed to regulars every 6/8 weeks for 1 night accecptable just because swingers come in for a drink and a laugh at weekends it dont mean were all gona be shagging all over the pub we not only have respect for others but for ourselves you have no idea i would like to say come and join us for a drink 1 night and see for yourselves but tbh your attitude wouldnt be welcome or apreciated by the nice people swingers and none swingers who come to visit our pub kev

By *imfromGlasgowMan  over a year ago

er...guess

"I can't imagine any pub would want to be known as a swinger's pub. In a matter of weeks (days?) no non-swingers would go anywhere near the place.

WRONG!"

OK. We have one. There are 50,000 + pubs in England.

Any other?

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

The main problem would be for the women.

You dont get it?

Let me give you an example.

At our first ever social (in Cardiff), one dickhead decided to boast to his mates that he was going to a pub where "loads of swingers would be hanging out".

The result?

A group of d*unk, obnoxious, loud and intimidating guys turn up, and approach many of the ladies in the pub with the line " You up for a fuck?".

Now, it was a huge pub, and we (the swingers) probably only made up about 30% of the people there, so, as you can imagine, lots of the ladies that were approached by this group of knobs didnt have a clue what was going on.

So, imagine if a pub was a known "swingers" hangout, don't you think that it would be infested by hordes of single, (and not so single!) guys all buzzing around any female that turns up?

Socials are held fairly frequently, and usually are held in a room within a pub (Cardiff and Swansea as examples), with a guest list on the door. Any "interlopers" are soon spotted and asked to leave. Sounds like an eminetly more sensible proposition to me.

Well said! however the initial question is still unanswered

By *icelymarkedMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

In the old days of a certain, now defunct swingers club in an old poice station, the socials were held in the local pub. The locals loved it cos of the antics (it got quite naughty). The landlord was also very happy - it filled the pub once a month. And they did name badges!

That was a social though. I don't think we would just go to a pub though - we aren't in the habit of pubs unless for a meal or something special.

By *hemadcoupleCouple  over a year ago

cardiff

I think something successful could be set up whereby people on here message known contacts between each other to the effect that they might be at XYZ pub on Saturday night say, just for a normal drink out. Then if say a dozen were notified and even if only a few of these thought they might go too, without any preconceptions about meeting anyone, it could be fun.

Couples would speculate over whether others in the pub were "in the scene" (God, how many times have we wished that some might be!!) or whether they recognise them from profile pics etc. without actually knowing them. Sitting at the bar would be a good place to strike up conversation and the general attitude would give away any feelings of attraction in a very relaxed unpressured atmosphere. It would be very easy to walk away if not interested, but easy to hook up if you get on. A mini social I suppose, but much more adhoc and casual rather than an organised event.

It could become a meeting point then, known only by those on here, "in the know" and unknown to any of the locals or staff.

The suspense of whether you are going to hook up with someone or not might be exciting.

Maybe this is the sort of idea the OP had in mind?

Exactly the point I was trying to get across x

"I think something successful could be set up whereby people on here message known contacts between each other to the effect that they might be at XYZ pub on Saturday night say, just for a normal drink out. Then if say a dozen were notified and even if only a few of these thought they might go too, without any preconceptions about meeting anyone, it could be fun.

Couples would speculate over whether others in the pub were "in the scene" (God, how many times have we wished that some might be!!) or whether they recognise them from profile pics etc. without actually knowing them. Sitting at the bar would be a good place to strike up conversation and the general attitude would give away any feelings of attraction in a very relaxed unpressured atmosphere. It would be very easy to walk away if not interested, but easy to hook up if you get on. A mini social I suppose, but much more adhoc and casual rather than an organised event.

It could become a meeting point then, known only by those on here, "in the know" and unknown to any of the locals or staff.

The suspense of whether you are going to hook up with someone or not might be exciting.

Maybe this is the sort of idea the OP had in mind?"

we tried a few times saying how about such and such and we will be in such and such at a certain time if anyone wants to join and no body bothered a few of us tried to get it off the ground about 7 months ago

» Add a new message to this topic