FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > TENBY SAUNDERSFOOT

TENBY SAUNDERSFOOT

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ear norwich OP   Couple  over a year ago

"Are we there yet"

What's the best pubs clubs and bars in the town's of tenby and saundersfoot. We love the weathspoon types where the beer and spirits are drinkable and well priced Or a good live music bar Maybe even karaoke .... Any suggestions

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

tenby so small you will find then easily full of stag and hen dos and saundersfoot one or two nr beach but not know name soz

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

Hi

I'm from that area originally and go back regularly - in fact I'm leaving in about half an hour.

There's no Wetherspoons in either place and the pubs tend to be quite pricey - partly because of the tourist trade.

In Tenby, the busiest pubs are the Lifeboat, Buccaneer, Three Mariners and Tenby House. All are within a minute or two of each other in the middle of town. To be honest, they're all pretty similar. The Mariners gets sneered at by a lot of the locals, but it's the only one that has karaoke as far as I'm aware (I wouldn't say it's a bad, violent pub or anything - it's just the crowd outside at night can be a bit lairy and off-putting in a "family" resort. Bar 10 opposite might be worth a look too, though I've heard varying reports recently.

If you want a more traditional pub with better beer, the Hope and Anchor further towards the Harbour is your best bet.

The Buccaneer and Lifeboat do music - Wednesdays and Fridays I think and Bar10 were doing a Sunday PM jam session.

Saundersfoot - I'd say the Royal Oak is the best pub. I think the Captains Table does live music. If you want to splash quite a few extra quid, the St Brides Hotel does good lunches and has great views over the bay - nice for a drink and food.

Hope you have a nice stay - it's a flipping long drive from Norwich (I've done it)!

West Wales and Cardiff

Kitten is right in a way - there are stag and hen do's - but a lot less than a few years ago. Which is good - it was getting ridiculous!

By *ear norwich OP   Couple  over a year ago

"Are we there yet"

Thanks folks... Nice to get some inside info... Guessing its bit like yarmouth OK when you know where to go (or play) We have a cottagein the area with a hot tub and a barbie so will spend lot of the time just chilling but it's nice to out in town We tend to mix quiet well and will chat on to anyone And are not adverse to finding back street boozers and social clubs Looking forward to it now ... Just dreding the drive ...

West Wales and Cardiff

To be honest, I don't think there's any places that locals know about but tourists don't - it's pretty clear where the main places are. My honest opinion is that most of the pubs are a "much of a muchness" really.

Pembrokeshire is a stunning place though and there are some nice pubs in the county as a whole. If you want info on that, let me know.

By the way - if you're there next weekend, the Ironman Wales triathlon is in. It's an amazing event and well worth seeing - it's honestly worth getting up early to see the swim!

Be aware that there will be lots of road closures though, so if your place isn't close to the route you'll need to plan things a bit.

By *wingnfabCouple  over a year ago

north wales

I cant wait to go make sure we meet up even if only for chat and drink

"Thanks folks... Nice to get some inside info... Guessing its bit like yarmouth OK when you know where to go (or play) We have a cottagein the area with a hot tub and a barbie so will spend lot of the time just chilling but it's nice to out in town We tend to mix quiet well and will chat on to anyone And are not adverse to finding back street boozers and social clubs Looking forward to it now ... Just dreding the drive ... "

theres a weatherspoons in h west and you wont pay grockel prices in fact do your shopping there as well if on the off chance you want to meet up drop me a message social meets if you want welcome to wales

I am in that area if you require a guide or play!

Been to Saundersfoot twice 'on tour' great place, you'll have fun! x

I'm from the area and heading back tomorrow ready for Iron Man Wales

Have fun and enjoy your trip!

» Add a new message to this topic