FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Syphilis in South Wales

Syphilis in South Wales

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have had a couple of conversations with people in the last few days and it is apparent that men are spreading syphilis in south wales, apparently via fabswingers and fabguys. I have even heard about this from a friend who is a dental assistant because one of the signs of syphilis is sores in or around the mouth and a warning of the rise has been sent out to local dentists!!!!

Can I urge people to get tested please. One of the big reasons for the rise in antibiotic resistance is STI's. If people were more careful and got tested more regularly perhaps we could bring a halt to this?

It is a fact that men pass on STIs more easily than women due to where the infections are housed in the body. Please please take care, oral sex is as easy a way to transfer as any, get tested and stay safe.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"

It is a fact that men pass on STIs more easily than women due to where the infections are housed in the body. "

Could you please provide the medical research where it proves that men transmit STI's easier than women? I'd be interested to read it.

however it should go without saying that EVERYONE on here should be tested regularly

This seems like a follow on from the Neath gum clinic posters , singling out Fab for sti's when we're more likely than anyone to be tested on a regular basis

By *nsert user name hereMan  over a year ago

Manchester

As echoed above its everyone who should be tested, we're treated like scum as it is and now we're all full of syphilis

If any Fab Lady wants to inspect my genitals ....

im fine with that : )

it isnt just fabswingers, sexually transmitted diseases are increasing everywhere just get tested regularly and protect yourself.

"If any Fab Lady wants to inspect my genitals ....

im fine with that : )"

Can I stick the swab down your cock?

The problem is these people going out picking up randoms hsving unprotected 1night stands and it spreads x

By *oddessWoman  over a year ago

swansea

[Removed by poster at 21/07/14 06:18:22]

By *oddessWoman  over a year ago

swansea

Aren't the women as much to blame if they agree to unprotected sex, unless the man knows he has an STI and still has unprotected sex, without telling his partner

As far as I can discern the problem is guys fucking guys. I'm sorry. I'm repeating what I'm told. It is a fact that it is easier for a guy to pass on stis than a girl. At least 50 percent easier for some things. Women do not ejaculate material that could be infected to put it bluntly.

But we are all to blame if we play unsafe and don't get tested regularly.

It is a fact that men pass on STIs more easily than women due to where the infections are housed in the body.

Is it still true you can not get pregnant using the "whipitoutjustintimemethod?!"

This sort of scaremongering could have an adverse effect. Those who suspect they have an STi will not get checked because they don't want to know

Simple rule - if there is any question in your own mind GET CHECKED. In addition to regular checks.

I'm not having a "pop" at the OP but please back it with fact and evidence.

"Wait what are you doing with that swab? It's not meant to go down there!"

[Removed by poster at 21/07/14 10:07:27]

I don't actually care if I piss people off or scaremonger. I shall find the information which I read from an internet information site re the relative risks of contraction from men and women. It is a fact that STIs are becoming a major problem. And too many people either don't care of think it won't happen to them which is dangerous and foolish.

My friend contracted HIV from unprotected oral with a man with no exchange of cum.

A two second search yielded this:

It is estimated that approximately 19 million new cases of sexually transmitted infections ( STIs ) occur each year in the United States. Half of these occur in young people aged 15 to 24 years. STIs are transmitted through intimate physical contact, and oral, anal or vaginal sex. To date, the majority of STI cases have resulted from heterosexual (one male with one female) vaginal intercourse due to one infected partner. It is known that male-to-female transmission is greater than female-to-male transmission of STIs; this is felt to be due to anatomic differences between the genders, in that males have a relatively smaller opening to their genital tract.

It's a no brainer.

Another sad fact is that in women most STIs are asymptomatic so you have no idea that you have it.

Just in case you need me to explain this, men transfer STIs more easily than women. Fab is male dominated and so many men end up playing with other men. This is causing problems. FACT

It would be fine if people took more care and got tested regularly.

I have started getting pms from people whose partners have been unfaithful and who have themselves got infected as an innocent third party through this site. When I first joined a guy gave me oral ghonorrhea. I notified all the people I had come into contact with and of these a few had lied to me and we in a relationship (we all know that at very least 50% of so called single men on here are playing away from home). This was a horrifying experience and I was so lucky it was just the clap and not something more serious! A friend of mine has been unlucky enough to contract HIV from a man on here from just pre cum. No unsafe sex. Just unprotected oral with no ejaculation.

People need to get tested regularly and start playing safe. There is a crisis happening. One day something nasty will come along and they won't be able to treat it because we have put sex before health.

Sooo just so we are clear.... if i let you swab me we can fuck?

lol

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

I'm so disappointed... I thought this was a tourist information post about a little-known village or beauty spot!

""Wait what are you doing with that swab? It's not meant to go down there!""

yep it does

"Sooo just so we are clear.... if i let you swab me we can fuck?

lol

"

Not me

Well I get tested every two months, as does my other half, if we all go regularly, maybe we can stay on top of it, before it gets out of control.

By *ubicinchMan  over a year ago

Gwynedd

Unless we all go together, they arent that useful, bit like a car mot, onlt good on the ramps, as soon as its gone down the road, a wheel might fall off. I know its helpful, but...

A woman I chat to has had tests, but then has new veris every few weeks. She was proud of a clear test, but who cum along to following meets? Where they clear?

The perfect thing to do would be for everyone to get tested together and shut down meets for a month then make sure they only meet people who are tested clear

If ppl get tested regularly then it would reduce this problem

Which I appreciate may not be realistic. But unless something is done soon to bring a check there is going to be big problems with big repercussions

Unfortunately STis have always be around and will continue to be around.

As long as you are safe and know that the person you are playing with is safe then theres not really much you can do about it.

Your post mentions that 50% of all STis in America are from 18-24 year olds, im pretty sure that the overwhelming majority on this site are 30+, responsible adults, who know the risks should they be dull enough to take them.

We can all do our bit by refusing to meet anyone who says the words 'bareback' on profile.

Or who has pics of unprotected sex. Frankly all the men I've met who have tried to persude me not to use condoms have had safe sex on their profile!

By *awtyfortyMan  over a year ago

Wales

[Removed by poster at 23/07/14 22:24:18]

Oh and that post with the bit about us stats, that was all in there just to keep the bit about men being able to pass on stis easier. I have no idea what the uk stats look like. But in the info I was given, this site was named as being the main problem in the spread along with fabguys. Pretty damning I'm afraid.

"I'm so disappointed... I thought this was a tourist information post about a little-known village or beauty spot! "

I wondered if it had a beach....as opposed to someone having a bitch....

"A two second search yielded this:

It is known that male-to-female transmission is greater than female-to-male transmission of STIs; this is felt to be due to anatomic differences between the genders, in that males have a relatively smaller opening to their genital tract.

"

Again there is nothing FACTUAL there besides the volume of cases in a different country, they state it is known....Just like it is known that Nessie lives in Loch Ness, it is not fact.

I'm not in denial as everyone needs to be tested, my gripe is the fact that you have needlessly lambasted males on this site to be the main culprits, until you can provide actual British medical research then it's all hearsay.

Get tested and make sure everyone you know and meet on here does too. I'm not attacking anyone. It's easier for a woman to catch an sti from a man than it is for a man to catch from a woman. The percentage chance varies depending on the sti. It's a fact.

And the fact that sypilis is a problem has beem highlighted by local dentists for goodness sake. To me that's an epidemic.

[Removed by poster at 25/07/14 21:08:25]

"I have had a couple of conversations with people in the last few days and it is apparent that men are spreading syphilis in south wales, apparently via fabswingers and fabguys. I have even heard about this from a friend who is a dental assistant because one of the signs of syphilis is sores in or around the mouth and a warning of the rise has been sent out to local dentists!!!!

Can I urge people to get tested please. One of the big reasons for the rise in antibiotic resistance is STI's. If people were more careful and got tested more regularly perhaps we could bring a halt to this?

It is a fact that men pass on STIs more easily than women due to where the infections are housed in the body. Please please take care, oral sex is as easy a way to transfer as any, get tested and stay safe."

Yet anther sweeping statement based on gossip !

I would not call professional counsellors for hiv gossips. Or indeed dental surgeons.

I don't get the resistance here.

"I would not call professional counsellors for hiv gossips. Or indeed dental surgeons.

I don't get the resistance here. "

Les get one thing straight, there not professionals when they GOSSIP about there patients to you!

dont see why people grtting twisted ... a little awareness can save a lot of problems

point is check yer junk and play safe - easy peasy

By *ackietv1TV/TS  over a year ago

caerphilly

In the first 6 months in Wales there were 94 cases. Most cases were through sex between males. Source Welsh Government health statistics.

If you type 'syphilis in south wales' into an internet search engine, you should find a Public Health Wales webpage from June 26th giving the public warning about syphilis, with some BBC webpage links following up on the story the next day.

Whether or not you feel this is an over-reaction to a known and preventable risk (prevented by using common sense) is immaterial. Someone has seen it, flagged it up to the swinging community and at very least we can acknowledge they had our best interests at heart when they raised this thread. If you disagree with the OP, then presumably you have hard facts refuting the data from PHW or couldn't be bothered to alert other people to a risk they probably are guarding against already.

Why not let this lie as something people won't want to universally acknowledge and leave it at that? Free speech, etc.

Had my test yesterday & I know it's only valid till the next time I have sex, but if we all get tested regularly & play as safe as we can it has to reduce the risk somewhat X

Question is how much do you value your health surely a few pound is a small sacrifice to make for a healthy lifestyle no matter what that goes for both men and women

"I have had a couple of conversations with people in the last few days and it is apparent that men are spreading syphilis in south wales, apparently via fabswingers and fabguys. I have even heard about this from a friend who is a dental assistant because one of the signs of syphilis is sores in or around the mouth and a warning of the rise has been sent out to local dentists!!!!

Saw similar posters in a Club recently explaining that its on the rise in Herefordshire.

It is a fact that men pass on STIs more easily than women due to where the infections are housed in the body. Please please take care, oral sex is as easy a way to transfer as any, get tested and stay safe."

"If you type 'syphilis in south wales' into an internet search engine, you should find a Public Health Wales webpage from June 26th giving the public warning about syphilis, with some BBC webpage links following up on the story the next day.

Whether or not you feel this is an over-reaction to a known and preventable risk (prevented by using common sense) is immaterial. Someone has seen it, flagged it up to the swinging community and at very least we can acknowledge they had our best interests at heart when they raised this thread. If you disagree with the OP, then presumably you have hard facts refuting the data from PHW or couldn't be bothered to alert other people to a risk they probably are guarding against already.

Why not let this lie as something people won't want to universally acknowledge and leave it at that? Free speech, etc."

I went to the Newport one to day for my full mot...

There was a notice regarding syphilis but on the notice...

it didn't mention any site..

It just said a high increase of people using date/sexual sites.

so that covers loads of sites and not pin pointing fab

"I went to the Newport one to day for my full mot...

There was a notice regarding syphilis but on the notice...

it didn't mention any site..

It just said a high increase of people using date/sexual sites.

so that covers loads of sites and not pin pointing fab"

i asked them about that last week. they said originally they had named Fabswingers on there, but the lawyers got in touch so they had to make it more general.

I went to Port Talbot on Friday & they know I'm on here so I asked about it, they said there wasn't a particular problem that they were aware of, although there is the usual, seasonal increase in sti's in all areas x

The issue here seems to be that a lot of people think that using a condom for vaginal or anal sex makes sex safer, and that they therefore don't need regular testing.

There is no such thing as safe sex, just safer sex.

Clinics should make it quicker and easier for people to have full sexual health checks, local clinic doesn't provide the full range of tests and is only one day a week.

i worked at the GUM clinic and it ran every test as long asd the person was truthful. Sexually transmitted diseases are not helped by certain men who go bareback with other men (for money or gifts) and wont admit it. True swingers know the meaning of the word honesty. but alas a few dont

I've never been to a clinic to get tested, I go to my practice nurse. I've known her forever and find it more comfortable. In fact she was the one who suggested I go to her rather than the clinic. I'm due to go on Monday.

I don't meet many or often but the onus is still up to each individual to be tested and look after our own sexual well being.

"I've never been to a clinic to get tested, I go to my practice nurse. I've known her forever and find it more comfortable. In fact she was the one who suggested I go to her rather than the clinic. I'm due to go on Monday.

I don't meet many or often but the onus is still up to each individual to be tested and look after our own sexual well being. "

Again that depends on your GP

Mine will run tests for chlamydia or other STI's should you be symptomatic but will not give regular screening tests for STI's.

"I've never been to a clinic to get tested, I go to my practice nurse. I've known her forever and find it more comfortable. In fact she was the one who suggested I go to her rather than the clinic. I'm due to go on Monday.

I don't meet many or often but the onus is still up to each individual to be tested and look after our own sexual well being.

Mine will run tests for chlamydia or other STI's should you be symptomatic but will not give regular screening tests for STI's. "

Yes of course it does, I wasn't suggesting otherwise or for anyone do anything different than what they do now the main point to my post is that the onus is on each individual to look after their own sexual health!!

By *wmpairCouple  over a year ago

Kings Landing Nr Aberdare

Was this written by Newport Statistics Office

Mine will run tests for chlamydia or other STI's should you be symptomatic but will not give regular screening tests for STI's.

Yes of course it does, I wasn't suggesting otherwise or for anyone do anything different than what they do now the main point to my post is that the onus is on each individual to look after their own sexual health!!"

I know you were, the point I was making was the NHS could help to prevent these outbreaks getting out of hand by providing a better service, far less expensive to screen and treat one person with it, than the 100s who later contract it.

STI screening seems to be a bit of a post code lottery at the moment.

The problem is the people who spread it in the first place surely? Too many people think it won't happen to them and are not safe or careful enough. We have to take responsibility for ourselves. No one else can do that.

» Add a new message to this topic