FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > bad press

bad press

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

why do people keep coming in the Welsh Room they just say Hi they dont say Hi Joe or Hi room just Hi and then proceed to accuse room of being up themselves or cliquey. We are not cliquey we friendly lot, it always seems strange to me. They badmouth us and no like it when we give it back. Should always be polite and friendly that is what the rooms are for chatting not bitching

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Have to agree with u there same happens in scotland room id advice ppl coming into to the room to say hi everyone and when someone says hi back start

a convo~ie hi hows u u having a gd day or somthing like that just a simple hi then nothing is silly dont expect ppl to chat to u if u cant offer a convo back urself xxxx

luv jacs

xxxxx

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

ty jacs glad someone agrees with me xxx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Oh another thread on chat room etiquette, I have to agree with Kitten I go into chat rooms an say “Hi everybody” not “Hi” not "Yo Bitch" if someone says hi who are they directing it to ? its like saying hi in a packed room. If they cant be bothered to put effort into making a conversation then why should you? And if they bitch then they should expect it back its only fair

To be honest though it’s the minatory that tent to do this which gives the rest a bad name

My only gripe with the Wales room is that everyone seems to live right down south, and I'm right up north.

Obviously this is not anyone else's fault(!), but it does make it hard to keep up a conversation, as it just doesn't really have anywhere to go.

And please don't suggest that I move south, 'cos I was going to until the credit crunch went and blew the housing market apart...

Sorry to moan - just feels so damn lonely up here!

ill kepp you company if yur feeling lonely !!!! kev xx

By *he WabbitsCouple  over a year ago

Bromsgrove

what probably doesnt help new people to the welsh chat is that due to our regular social meets, in between cardiff and swansea, a lot of people know each other, so find it easier to talk to those they have already met. It isnt ignorance just human nature. We are not an ignorant bunch. Join in it doesnt take long to get in the swim if you make the effort.

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

Then everyone should come along to the Charity Night being held at Chameleons in Newport.

That way, everyone could meet and know who they are talking to. And make some friends so they don't feel left out.

Link for the Wales Forum Charity Night thread is:

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/wales/3565

**Sorry for the hijacking**

As someone who has only recently joined Fab and was nervous about joining the chat room, can I just say how friendly and welcoming I found everyone in the Wales chat room.

I 'lurked' for a while 'listening' to the convos to get an idea of what was going on - then when I plucked up the courage to say 'Hi Room' everyone was really friendly - it gave me the courage to attend a party at Chams on my own and through that have met more people from the chat room.

Not all chat rooms I've used have been as friendly as the welsh one so it is not suprising that people want to meet socially as well.

Have to say that I have found the room always friendly and welcoming --- yes many of the people know each other from previous experience either in room or for real, but all have made the effort to say hi and offer assistance and advice

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

As relative "newbies" to swinging in general, and FAB in particular, I guess we should comment. I think its all about your first experience of contacting others, mixed with your own personality.

If you "sit in a corner" either at social meets, or in a chatroom, and dont try to interact with others (perhaps because you are shy, nervous etc), then you will find that the convo just "passes you by". People are not deliberately ignoring you, but are usually very busy trying to chat, gossip, and generally do the "interacting" thingy!! I find the best way to get going, either at a social meet or in the chatroom is to say hi to as many ppl as possible, and tell them you are new, ask for advice on etiquette etc and dive right in. its true that some newbies can be viewed with a little suspicion, especially single males, but thats just because many ppl have had a bad experience with being messed about by the few guys on here that are a waste of time. Once you start to chat to ppl, and especially once you meet them face-to-face, perhaps at a social meet, then you will find yourself chatting away with no problems.

» Add a new message to this topic