FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > smoking

smoking

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abes in the wood OP   Woman  over a year ago

wales

Just read smoking is banned while driving with kids in car got no problem with smokers but I feel it selfish as my ex use to roll a fag while driving which is dangerouse kids breathing in toxie what you all think.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It will be coming in this year its not banned at the moment and no when u are driving u should never roll fags or be on your phone

I smoke but I don't even smoke in my house and I don't see why kids should breath it in

But I think rolling while driving and just smoking while driving are slightly different

I think its a confined environment and is really toxic to the people in the car . I welcome the ban . I won't have any one smoking near me EVER again xx

I hope they enforce it too . Surely no ine can be that addicted i bet they fly with no cigs abroad xx

wales

Yeah I agree too this banned so hope it banned

It's practically forcing anyone in the car to breathe in smoke. It's the height of selfishness and is blatant disregard for your passengers. I don't know how smokers can be so selfish and why they would even consider opposing it. Apart from that not really sure what I think of it.

"It's practically forcing anyone in the car to breathe in smoke. It's the height of selfishness and is blatant disregard for your passengers. I don't know how smokers can be so selfish and why they would even consider opposing it. Apart from that not really sure what I think of it. "

I'm a smoker and I think it's common sense.

But...and simply playing devils advocate here...where does this end? Banning cars with adult passengers next? Banning smoking in public in case a child walks past? Banning smoking in the house when children are present?

Be interesting to see where this new law leads.

"I'm a smoker and I think it's common sense.

But...and simply playing devils advocate here...where does this end? Banning cars with adult passengers next? Banning smoking in public in case a child walks past? Banning smoking in the house when children are present?

I don't want to live in a nanny state but children that cannot speak for themselves should be protected. Smoking in an outside open space with no children around is fine. Smoking in the streets or public places should have been banned years ago its filthy and it stinks. Smoking in public imposes your habit on others and therefore takes away choice.

Be interesting to see where this new law leads."

I smoke but do not smoke in my house or around my kids...

I also drive and don't smoke with them in the car neither..

But like you said where does this stop as people who smoke in there house and around there kids are still going to continue smoking in the car with their children present

"I'm a smoker and I think it's common sense.

Be interesting to see where this new law leads.

"

I agree with banning al those things . I would not let anyone smoke in a car with me nor would let them be a passenger if they insisted . My health is too important . I don't think parents should smoke in house if children are present xx

"I smoke but do not smoke in my house or around my kids...

I also drive and don't smoke with them in the car neither..

But like you said where does this stop as people who smoke in there house and around there kids are still going to continue smoking in the car with their children present

"

i hope if they do the law is enforced as it should be like the seat belt law was . It may give kids powers as well to report their parents smoking with them in the car if they are older xx

I agree people should be considerate when they smoke. But Im a smoker and I wont be giving.

It really pisses me off how smokers are seen as the vermin of society these days.

There are much worse things I could be doing. Crack, heroin or speed.

Why dont they ban alcohol ? It wouldnt bother me in the slightest and alcohol has a lot to answer for.

Its about choice for everyone and little by little its being taken away from us.

This is only my opinion an at the moment Im still allowed to have one.

"I agree people should be considerate when they smoke. But Im a smoker and I wont be giving.

It really pisses me off how smokers are seen as the vermin of society these days.

There are much worse things I could be doing. Crack, heroin or speed.

Why dont they ban alcohol ? It wouldnt bother me in the slightest and alcohol has a lot to answer for.

Its about choice for everyone and little by little its being taken away from us.

This is only my opinion an at the moment Im still allowed to have one."

The thing is with smoking if people aren't considerate .passive smoking effects other people's health in a negative way .And even if people were smokers and were told they had to give up as their chance of cancer reoccurring is too great i can't see they want to be in a roomful or car full of smokers . The thing is that smoke is not just effecting your lungs its effecting those that are in your company , where as if you take drugs or drink people are not absorbing those things even if they refrain from using it themselves in your company . So they can be alcohol free or drug free as is their choice xx

"The thing is with smoking if people aren't considerate .passive smoking effects other people's health in a negative way .And even if people were smokers and were told they had to give up as their chance of cancer reoccurring is too great i can't see they want to be in a roomful or car full of smokers . The thing is that smoke is not just effecting your lungs its effecting those that are in your company , where as if you take drugs or drink people are not absorbing those things even if they refrain from using it themselves in your company . So they can be alcohol free or drug free as is their choice xx"

Sorry have to disagree there. D*unk or drugged up drivers kill and maim.

Alcohol makes some people very aggressive and causes most of the fights when people are on a night out.

Its not nice being sober when some d*unk starts on you.

Ask the children of alcoholics and Im sure they would say its had an effect on them.

"The thing is with smoking if people aren't considerate .passive smoking effects other people's health in a negative way .And even if people were smokers and were told they had to give up as their chance of cancer reoccurring is too great i can't see they want to be in a roomful or car full of smokers . The thing is that smoke is not just effecting your lungs its effecting those that are in your company , where as if you take drugs or drink people are not absorbing those things even if they refrain from using it themselves in your company . So they can be alcohol free or drug free as is their choice xx

Alcohol makes some people very aggressive and causes most of the fights when people are on a night out.

Ask the children of alcoholics and Im sure they would say its had an effect on them."

"The thing is with smoking if people aren't considerate .passive smoking effects other people's health in a negative way .And even if people were smokers and were told they had to give up as their chance of cancer reoccurring is too great i can't see they want to be in a roomful or car full of smokers . The thing is that smoke is not just effecting your lungs its effecting those that are in your company , where as if you take drugs or drink people are not absorbing those things even if they refrain from using it themselves in your company . So they can be alcohol free or drug free as is their choice xx"

I'm sorry but u are wrong....

My lil ones dad was a alcholic and beat me regular...and u are saying alcohol doesn't affect people as bad as smoking???

I'm sorry but even tho he is well gone I still have the scars and the recurring nightmares to live with...i also still live with the physical and mental abuse which I've been told will take alot longer to go...

I for one would rather some1 light up by the side of me than me go through what I had to ever again...

"The thing is with smoking if people aren't considerate .passive smoking effects other people's health in a negative way .And even if people were smokers and were told they had to give up as their chance of cancer reoccurring is too great i can't see they want to be in a roomful or car full of smokers . The thing is that smoke is not just effecting your lungs its effecting those that are in your company , where as if you take drugs or drink people are not absorbing those things

even if they refrain from using it themselves in

your company . So they can be alcohol free or drug free as is their choice xx

Alcohol makes some people very aggressive and

causes most of the fights when people are on a night out.

Ask the children of alcoholics and Im sure they would say its had an effect on them."

. Yes but your on about addicts then not people that have a social drink l its totally two different things . Alcohol only effects the health if the person drinking and drugs only effect the health if the person taking them . Not everyone who drinks is angry and obnoxious nor do they drinks and drive. Those people are irresponsible people And not the large amount of people who consume alcohol .And they probably smoke in cars and infront of their kids too if they behave that irresponsibly with drink . Addiction is totally different as in gambling and sex addiction too that effects others . But we not on about addictions we are on about imposing responsible social norms on people by law to refrain certain behaviours from others so others health is not effected. Very much why you have drinking laws re d*unk and disorderly and drink driving laws to protect others . As this law would be passed to protect others too xx

"The thing is with smoking if people aren't considerate .passive smoking effects other people's health in a negative way .And even if people were smokers and were told they had to give up as their chance of cancer reoccurring is too great i can't see they want to be in a roomful or car full of smokers . The thing is that smoke is not just effecting your lungs its effecting those that are in your company , where as if you take drugs or drink people are not absorbing those things even if they refrain from using it themselves in your company . So they can be alcohol free or drug free as is their choice xx

My lil ones dad was a alcholic and beat me regular...and u are saying alcohol doesn't affect people as bad as smoking???

I'm sorry but even tho he is well gone I still have the scars and the recurring nightmares to live with...i also still live with the physical and mental abuse which I've been told will take alot longer to go...

I for one would rather some1 light up by the side of me than me go through what I had to ever again..."

Ooo and one last thing I git out b4 the baby was old enough 2 remember but the memory's and the pain still sticks with my 17 year old..

"The thing is with smoking if people aren't considerate .passive smoking effects other people's health in a negative way .And even if people were smokers and were told they had to give up as their chance of cancer reoccurring is too great i can't see they want to be in a roomful or car full of smokers . The thing is that smoke is not just effecting your lungs its effecting those that are in your company , where as if you take drugs or drink people are not absorbing those things

Sorry have to disagree there. D*unk or drugged

up drivers kill and maim.

Ask the children of alcoholics and Im sure they would say its had an effect on them.. Yes but your on about addicts then not people that have a social drink l its totally two different things . Alcohol only effects the health if the person

drinking and drugs only effect the health if the person taking them . Not everyone who drinks is angry and obnoxious nor do they drinks and drive. Those people are irresponsible people And not the large amount of people who consume alcohol .And they probably smoke in

cars and infront of their kids too if they behave that irresponsibly with drink . Addiction is totally different as in gambling and sex addiction too that effects others . But we not on about addictions we are on about imposing responsible social norms on people by law to refrain certain behaviours

from others so others health is not effected. Very much why you have drinking laws re d*unk and disorderly and drink driving laws to protect others . As this law would be passed to protect others too xx

"

Addictions are totally different and not what this original post was about . All addictions have casualties of innocent people but not everyone having a drink is effecting the person next to them in the pub but someone smoking a cigarette is effecting the health of the person next to them . l thats it in a nut she'll not the bigger wider picture you will never get an answer to that cos it effects too many people with too many variables . Xx

I for one would rather some1 light up by the side of me than me go through what I had to ever again..."

Ask the children of alcoholics and Im sure they would say its had an effect on them.. Yes but your on about addicts then not people that have a social drink l its totally two different things . Alcohol only effects the health if the person

drinking and drugs only effect the health if the person taking them . Not everyone who drinks is angry and obnoxious nor do they drinks and drive. Those people are irresponsible people And not the large amount of people who consume alcohol .And they probably smoke in

cars and infront of their kids too if they behave that irresponsibly with drink . Addiction is totally different as in gambling and sex addiction too that effects others . But we not on about addictions we are on about imposing responsible social norms on people by law to refrain certain behaviours

from others so others health is not effected. Very much why you have drinking laws re d*unk and disorderly and drink driving laws to protect others . As this law would be passed to protect others too xx

Addictions are totally different and not what this original post was about . All addictions have casualties of innocent people but not everyone having a drink is effecting the person next to them in the pub but someone smoking a cigarette is effecting the health of the person next to them . l thats it in a nut she'll not the bigger wider picture you will never get an answer to that cos it effects too many people with too many variables . Xx"

Well you can't smoke in a pub

But if a non smoker decided to sit outside in the area where smokers are then they shouldn't complain

The law is about the immediate effect to others health as you do that activity . Not about the whole addiction ethos . If your addicted your going to be harming yourself and others . Whatever that addiction is .xx

Ask the children of alcoholics and Im sure they

would say its had an effect on them.. Yes but your on about addicts then not people that have a social drink l its totally two different things . Alcohol only effects the health if the person

drinking and drugs only effect the health if the

person taking them . Not everyone who drinks is angry and obnoxious nor do they drinks and drive. Those people are irresponsible people And not the large amount of people who consume alcohol .And they probably smoke in

cars and infront of their kids too if they behave that irresponsibly with drink . Addiction is totally different as in gambling and sex addiction too that effects others . But we not on about addictions we

are on about imposing responsible social norms on people by law to refrain certain behaviours

from others so others health is not effected. Very much why you have drinking laws re d*unk and disorderly and drink driving laws to protect others

. As this law would be passed to protect others too xx

Addictions are totally different and not what this original post was about . All addictions have

casualties of innocent people but not everyone having a drink is effecting the person next to them in the pub but someone smoking a cigarette is effecting the health of the person next to them . l thats it in a nut she'll not the bigger wider picture

you will never get an answer to that cos it effects too many people with too many variables . Xx

Well you can't smoke in a pub

But if a non smoker decided to sit outside in the

area where smokers are then they shouldn't

complain

"

playing devils advocate here what about summer and beer gardens does that mean non smokers are not entitled to be out in the sun and fresh air ?i know most pubs have a smoking area so that is hopefully nit the case . Xx

Everyone is welcome to do as they please

But they can't moan people are smoking if they choose to sit at a table with people who are smokers

"The thing is with smoking if people aren't considerate .passive smoking effects other people's health in a negative way .And even if people were smokers and were told they had to give up as their chance of cancer reoccurring is too great i can't see they want to be in a roomful or car full of smokers . The thing is that smoke is not just effecting your lungs its effecting those that are in your company , where as if you take drugs or drink people are not absorbing those thingeven if they refrain from using it themselves in your company . So they can be alcohol free or drug free as is their choice xx

I'm sorry but even tho he is well gone I still have the scars and the recurring nightmares to live with...i also still live with the physical and mental abuse which I've been told will take alot longer to

go...

I for one would rather some1 light up by the side of me than me go through what I had to ever

again..."

perhaps if you had cancer or was treated for cancer you whole perception and opinion of smoking would change in relation to your health and others ?I hope you don't have to have that situation reflect in but please see that nit all anti smokers are doing it to piss you off they may actually gave a very good and valid reason not t want people to smoke around them . Xx

"Everyone is welcome to do as they please

But they can't moan people are smoking if they choose to sit at a table with people who are smokers "

i would not sit at a table of smokers . It would be my worst night mare lxx

But they can't moan people are smoking if they choose to sit at a table with people who are smokers i would not sit at a table of smokers . It would be my worst night mare lxx"

But ain't ur hubby a smoker??

But they can't moan people are smoking if they choose to sit at a table with people who are smokers i would not sit at a table of smokers . It would be my worst night mare lxx

But ain't ur hubby a smoker??"

hes not allowed to smoke any where near me . So if he was sat outside smoking I would not be sat by him xx

But they can't moan people are smoking if they choose to sit at a table with people who are smokers i would not sit at a table of smokers . It would be my worst night mare lxx

But ain't ur hubby a smoker?? hes not allowed to smoke any where near me . So if he was sat outside smoking I would not be sat by him xx"

ad he diesnt smoke and drive and never smokes around kids or in any room i am in . I rather him give up truth be told but I can't make him xx

But ain't ur hubby a smoker?? hes not allowed to smoke any where near me . So if he was sat outside smoking I would not be sat by him xx"

Are u serious???

Has he a shed in the garden or something to sit in

But ain't ur hubby a smoker?? hes not allowed to smoke any where near me . So if he was sat outside smoking I would not be sat by him xx ad he diesnt smoke and drive and never smokes around kids or in any room i am in . I rather him give up truth be told but I can't make him xx"

So he smokes in the house?????

But ain't ur hubby a smoker?? hes not allowed to smoke any where near me . So if he was sat outside smoking I would not be sat by him xx ad he diesnt smoke and drive and never smokes around kids or in any room i am in . I rather him give up truth be told but I can't make him xx

So he smokes in the house?????"

in the conservatory with the door open . Not near me l I hate it xx

But ain't ur hubby a smoker?? hes not allowed to smoke any where near me . So if he was sat outside smoking I would not be sat by him xx ad he diesnt smoke and drive and never smokes around kids or in any room i am in . I rather him give up truth be told but I can't make him xx

So he smokes in the house????? in the conservatory with the door open . Not near me l I hate it xx"

But it still lingers and u are still technically passive smoking as smoke travels??????

So he smokes in the house????? in the conservatory with the door open . Not near me l I hate it xx"

more a smoker who has say three a day in the week so nit a big thing l different thing if hes out drinking xx

So he smokes in the house????? in the conservatory with the door open . Not near me l I hate it xx

But it still lingers and u are still technically passive smoking as smoke travels??????"

Maybe you changed the rules but hoedown there was people sat in caravan smoking

So he smokes in the house????? in the conservatory with the door open . Not near me l I hate it xx more a smoker who has say three a day in the week so nit a big thing l different thing if hes out drinking xx"

It's no different if he has 3 a day or 30 a day he's still a smoker.....

But ain't ur hubby a smoker?? hes not allowed to smoke any where near me . So if he was sat outside smoking I would not be sat by him xx ad he diesnt smoke and drive and never smokes around kids or in any room i am in . I rather him

give up truth be told but I can't make him xx

So he smokes in the house????? in the conservatory with the door open . Not near me l I hate it xx

But it still lingers and u are still technically passive smoking as smoke travels??????"

i dint go out the conservatory its winter its cold out there and the door to the house is closed . So it doesn't come in the lounge .like i said he only had about three a day l. I not happy with it giggles i asked him to give up but what can i do . I just don't like passive smoking at all . So the smoke gies outside in the garden xx

So he smokes in the house????? in the conservatory with the door open . Not near me l I hate it xx more a smoker who has say three a day in the week so nit a big thing l different thing if hes out drinking xx

It's no different if he has 3 a day or 30 a day he's

still a smoker...

"

I know but I am not and don't like passive smoking and agree with the original post that was about nit smoking in cars . The debate has gone off the point now . You can only change your own behaviour you can't change others behaviour xx

I think we all agree people probably shouldn't smoke in a car with kids

But until it's made law people are free to do as they see fit

"I think we all agree people probably shouldn't smoke in a car with kids

But until it's made law people are free to do as they see fit "

let's hope their conscience kicks in though xx

Ask the children of alcoholics and Im sure they would say its had an effect on them.. Yes but your on about addicts then not people that have a social drink l its totally two different things . Alcohol only effects the health if the person drinking and drugs only effect the health if the person taking them . Not everyone who drinks is angry and obnoxious nor do they drinks and drive. Those people are irresponsible people And not the large amount of people who consume alcohol .And they probably smoke in cars and infront of their kids too if they behave that irresponsibly with drink . Addiction is totally different as in gambling and sex addiction too that effects others . But we not on about addictions we are on about imposing responsible social norms on people by law to refrain certain behaviours from others so others health is not effected. Very much why you have drinking laws re d*unk and disorderly and drink driving laws to protect others . As this law would be passed to protect others too xx

"

I said SOME people get aggressive when they drink and I agree addiction is a totally different thing.

But I dont think its the alcoholics fighting on a night out on the town.

And do the laws that are in force already protect everyone ? No and they never will, its just not possible.

When they made cannabis legal it was fine for the people who just get monged out on it. What about the people whos mental health suffered though ?

Its about freedom of choice for me AND taking responsibility for those choices.People these days seem to find it easy to lay the blame at someones elses door for the choices they make.

Cancer is an awful disease and I think most of us have been affected by it. Knowing someone who has had it or who has died from it.

I smoke, if it kills me its nobodies fault but my own.

"Cancer is an awful disease and I think most of us have been affected by it. Knowing someone who has had it or who has died from it.

I smoke, if it kills me its nobodies fault but my own."

Very true

"Cancer is an awful disease and I think most of us have been affected by it. Knowing someone who has had it or who has died from it.

I smoke, if it kills me its nobodies fault but my own."

thats all well and dandy . Just you might be stood smoking next to someone who's had cancer and been treated for it just doesn't want the world to know Or smoking in a car with someone who has . Those people are at more risk than the average joe from passive smoking let alone them smoking themselves . They may have been told never to gave a cigarette again in. Their whole life and avoid passive smoking as the risk of it reoccurring is too great lxx

Hang on I thought this was about people smoking in the cars with kids

We going off track again

And if your in the car with someone who's had cancer you probably would know unless you just pick up random people

I smoke, if it kills me its nobodies fault but my own. thats all well and dandy . Just you might be stood smoking next to someone who's had cancer and been treated for it just doesn't want the world to know Or smoking in a car with someone who has . Those people are at more risk than the average joe from passive smoking let alone them smoking themselves . They may have been told never to gave a cigarette again in. Their whole life and avoid passive smoking as the risk of it reoccurring is too great lxx"

Are u trying to tell us something here???

Please dont preach to me. I am so angry but its not for in here. I will mail you privately.

"Are u serious???

Has he a shed in the garden or something to sit in "

Not to deviate from a pretty good debate, but I just nearly wet myself laughing at this! As you were...

"Hang on I thought this was about people smoking in the cars with kids

We going off track again

And if your in the car with someone who's had cancer you probably would know unless you just pick up random people "

not if they haven't told you l not everyone who's had cancer tells everyone . Lots of people have lifts off people they don't know very well especially on sites like this and friends of friends . So you see not every one knows every thing about everyone and never will lxx

"Are u serious???

Has he a shed in the garden or something to sit in

Not to deviate from a pretty good debate, but I just nearly wet myself laughing at this! As you were... "

no the conservatory .not as bad as a shed . lol with door open xx

I cant mail you but hopefully I will be able to explain to you why your comments have made me so angry.

"Please dont preach to me. I am so angry but its not for in here. I will mail you privately."
I am it preaching i just debating flaws in your argument as you are debating flaws in mine xx

"Please dont preach to me. I am so angry but its not for in here. I will mail you privately. I am it preaching i just debating flaws in your argument as you are debating flaws in mine xx"

Not typo

I smoke, if it kills me its nobodies fault but my own. thats all well and dandy . Just you might be stood smoking next to someone who's had cancer and been treated for it just doesn't want the world to know Or smoking in a car with someone who has . Those people are at more risk than the average joe from

passive smoking let alone them smoking themselves . They may have been told never to gave a cigarette again in. Their whole life and avoid passive smoking as the risk of it reoccurring is too great lxx

"

lots of people who had cancer are told

that giggles xx

I smoke, if it kills me its nobodies fault but my own. thats all well and dandy . Just you might be stood smoking next to someone who's had cancer and been treated for it just doesn't want the world to know Or smoking in a car with someone who has . Those people are at more risk than the average joe from

passive smoking let alone them smoking themselves . They may have been told never to gave a cigarette again in. Their whole life and avoid passive smoking as the risk of it reoccurring is too great lxx

that giggles xx"

But my grandad died if cancer and never smoke or drank..so how does that work????

My mate had bronchitis over Xmas and she don't smoke..how does that happen???

I think there just quick enough 2 point the finger and blame smokers...

But it still lingers and u are still technically passive smoking as smoke travels??????

Maybe you changed the rules but hoedown there was people sat in caravan smoking

"

totally changed now xx

that giggles xx

But my grandad died if cancer and never smoke

or drank..so how does that work????

I think there just quick enough 2 point the finger and blame smokers..."

don't you think people who has cancer think like that ? Especially as it runs in families and can be genetic too . but research shows if they had certain cancers once and got treated and survived they would be foolish to smoke again or be around unnecessary passive smoking .they are advised against this xx

passive smoking let alone them smoking themselves . They may have been told never to gave a cigarette again in. Their whole life and

avoid passive smoking as the risk of it reoccurring is too great lxx

that giggles xx

But my grandad died if cancer and never smoke or drank..so how does that work????

I think there just quick enough 2 point the finger

and blame smokers..."

. Bronchitis isn't just for smokers and cancer effects non smokers too . And people who exercise , eat organic and are vegetarian . Just certain elements or chemicals or foods make it more prevalent in some people . I don't blame them if they are told that .i think anyone whos been through it would do whatever they feel is necessary to minimise their risk and survive xx

just be like me and tell the kids to fecking walk I smoke in the kitchen of my house if the kids don't like it they got bedrooms to go to sits waiting for the forum police to have a pop

"just be like me and tell the kids to fecking walk I smoke in the kitchen of my house if the kids don't like it they got bedrooms to go to sits waiting for the forum police to have a pop "

Ha ha your house your rules

No one can tell you what to do in your home

"just be like me and tell the kids to fecking walk I smoke in the kitchen of my house if the kids don't like it they got bedrooms to go to sits waiting for the forum police to have a pop

No one can tell you what to do in your home "

pmsl yep and I have got a plauque in my kitchen saying exactly that

By *nsert user name hereMan  over a year ago

Manchester

If there are reasons to ban smoking shouldn't it be banned full stop?

"just be like me and tell the kids to fecking walk I smoke in the kitchen of my house if the kids don't like it they got bedrooms to go to sits waiting for the forum police to have a pop

No one can tell you what to do in your home

pmsl yep and I have got a plauque in my kitchen saying exactly that "

Ha ha my stepdad has one saying if you don't smoke I won't fart

I smoke outside when I go there lol

"If there are reasons to ban smoking shouldn't it be banned full stop?

"

they would say that about anything then though wouldn't they like sex is bad fir you lets ban it cos of stds lol. I off now . Let you carry on the debate xxx

that giggles xx

I think there just quick enough 2 point the finger and blame smokers..."

My nan passed away from cancer she didn't smoke

Neither did my 13 year old cousin but there we go

Are u trying to tell us something here??

that giggles xx

I think there just quick enough 2 point the finger and blame smokers...

My nan passed away from cancer she didn't smoke

Neither did my 13 year old cousin but there we go "

just a thought i wonder how much passive smoking these people had in their lives mind ? Like Roy castle he didnt smoke . He git his from passive smoking . But like i said genetics and different elements in someone's make up and whatever different cancer they had make them more likely to get it then others . You can be the healthiest freak on the planet and still get it l cancer is not fair and never will be l but you can't blame those that are more prevalent to it doing all they can to minimise their own risks . Like heart attacks healthy people can gave heart attacks . Life just isn't fair is it . Deffo off line now . Enjoyed the debate xx

Yeah think it's best we stop before this gets out of hand

It was about smoking in car with kids

Not who is responsible for someone getting cancer

"

Would never happen. Government make a bomb from the tax.

Would never happen. Government make a bomb from the tax."

Exactly then this country would fall apart

Would never happen. Government make a bomb from the tax.

Exactly then this country would fall apart "

I really think they should legalise certain recreational drugs and tax fuck out of them aswell

But that's a totally separate debate

As a non smoker I don't see the attraction. Does smoking simply satisfy the urge or does it do something more?

"As a non smoker I don't see the attraction. Does smoking simply satisfy the urge or does it do something more?"

Smoking is a addiction like anything else....drinking...eating...sex and so on

Do they satisfy the urge so 2 speak????

"Yeah think it's best we stop before this gets out of hand

Not who is responsible for someone getting cancer "

yes but thats the reason why they want to ban it lush cos its not healthy for the kids and naked them more likely t get cancer . Like all the advertising they are doing now about 15 cigarettes cause you to have a different mutation , But I get your point . It drifted on and off the subject as debate often does . Its just another addiction really xx

"Yeah think it's best we stop before this gets out of hand

Not who is responsible for someone getting cancer yes but thats the reason why they want to ban it lush cos its not healthy for the kids and naked them more likely t get cancer . Like all the advertising they are doing now about 15 cigarettes cause you to have a different mutation , But I get your point . It drifted on and off the

subject as debate often does . Its just another addiction really xx "

not naked typo makes them more likely to get cancer xx

wales

As if you were smoker and you quit your reaction been different because you smell it and think differently about it.but yes worst thing like drink drugs but got nothing against smoker but it not nice even at bus stop breath over you and it worst even when smoking drugs strong enough in air .but my family wont smoke near their kids or in mine alway smoke outside dont even smoke in car because my kids use hate it oh breath dad smoke ash blow to back as window be open banned it on buses know sound silly if it own car but passenger children health.

wales

If government stop selling fags would be waras they make money out of it same as dtdrink

By *ordon36336Man  over a year ago

(s wales)

Well this has gone completely off track lol I'm a smoker and if there is a non smoker in my car, I'd simply not smoke

And I aggre with the ban, it's my fault for smoking, so why should a child suffer in my car for my habit

Just get out and have one its not hard

"Well this has gone completely off track lol I'm a smoker and if there is a non smoker in my car, I'd simply not smoke

And I aggre with the ban, it's my fault for smoking, so why should a child suffer in my car for my habit

Just get out and have one its not hard "

Who cares what smokers think .... They obviously don't care about their own health, but others need protecting from them....

"Who cares what smokers think .... They obviously don't care about their own health, but others need protecting from them...."

That's a bit harsh ain't it?????

And actually do care about my kids health hence why I don't smoke around them....

"Who cares what smokers think .... They obviously don't care about their own health, but others need protecting from them....

That's a bit harsh ain't it?????

And actually do care about my kids health hence why I don't smoke around them....

"

I second that

If people didn't smoke where would the government get all the money they add on as tax

Oh yeah they would bang it on peoples wages

"Who cares what smokers think .... They obviously don't care about their own health, but others need protecting from them...."

Ok so I will prob be shot down for this but this is my opinion...

where does this all stop??

Yeah I'm a smoker and do all I can 2 protect my kids...

so when u go out do u put a mask on 2 protect ur health from car fumes and pollution ????

Should the government ban cars???

Should the government ban obese people from getting takeaways???

Should the government ban dog owners??as I don't have a animal but walked outide my door this morning and there is a lot of dogs muck..

was the owner thinking of my kids falling in it or anything??

do you drink??????

Come on you can't discriminate against smokers as we are all guilty of something that isn't good for us or others...

and just so u no and i said from the start I agree with the no smoking in cars or around kids...

i will go and grab my hard hat now lol....

its called choice at the end of the day...

i was in the bracket of society of being obese and was a size 22/24 but I chose 2 lose weight when I was ready not because I was told I had 2...

I've got a e cig coming nxt week as I have chosen 2 try and give up not because some1 has said I have to...

"Who cares what smokers think .... They obviously don't care about their own health, but others need protecting from them....

so when u go out do u put a mask on 2 protect ur health from car fumes and pollution ????

Should the government ban dog owners??as I don't have a animal but walked outide my door this morning and there is a lot of dogs muck..

do you drink??????

Come on you can't discriminate against smokers as we are all guilty of something that isn't good for us or others...

and just so u no and i said from the start I agree with the no smoking in cars or around kids...

i was in the bracket of society of being obese and was a size 22/24 but I chose 2 lose weight when I was ready not because I was told I had 2...

I've got a e cig coming nxt week as I have chosen 2 try and give up not because some1 has said I have to... "

Ha ha love it

Maybe they could have scales in McDonalds

If you weigh over a certain amount you can only buy salad and water or a fruit bag lol

do you drink??????

I've got a e cig coming nxt week as I have chosen 2 try and give up not because some1 has said I have to...

Ha ha love it

If you weigh over a certain amount you can only buy salad and water or a fruit bag lol "

Please don't let them ever do that lmao

do you drink??????

Ha ha love it

If you weigh over a certain amount you can only buy salad and water or a fruit bag lol

Please don't let them ever do that lmao "

Ha ha it's ok

We can use the drive thru

do you drink??????

Ha ha love it

Please don't let them ever do that lmao

Ha ha it's ok

We can use the drive thru "

omfg never go to the drive thru with lush after an hour tormenting them ,they were giving us free food just to get rid of us

Ha ha ha omg I just thought wtf

Then remembered

It was funny as thou lol

So the good old Government want smoking stopped in cars to save children from cancer, are they also banning processed food, drinking water in areas that still have lead piping, or plain old breathing?

All the above can cause cancer, as can many other things in day to day life.

As for passive smoking isn't that simply down to the person in question to avoid situations were they are put at risk of it?

After all are we not as individuals responsible for our own health?

Personally I've know people that have had cancer, it's an ugly disease, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I've had Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy for ten years, and Atrial Fibrillation more recently, there are many situations I should avoid, however I believe life is for living, not fretting about death, and I don't worry about the actions of others, I just avoid them.

There are worse things in life than death, someone mentioned the trauma of living with an alcoholic earlier in this thread, I've witnessed first hand what damage that can have on children, I'd rather breathe cigarette smoke on them any day of the week

"just be like me and tell the kids to fecking walk I smoke in the kitchen of my house if the kids don't like it they got bedrooms to go to sits waiting for the forum police to have a pop "

so when u go out do u put a mask on 2 protect ur health from car fumes and pollution ??

Should the government ban obese people from

getting takeaways???

was the owner thinking

of my kids falling in it or anything??

do you drink??????

I've got a e cig coming nxt week as I have chosen

2 try and give up not because some1 has said I have to...

Ha ha love it

If you weigh over a certain amount you can only

buy salad and water or a fruit bag lol "

n. good idea some oeople should not be eating McDonald's lol xx

"So the good old Government want smoking stopped in cars to save children from cancer, are they also banning processed food, drinking water in areas that still have lead piping, or plain old breathing?

As for passive smoking isn't that simply down to the person in question to avoid situations were they are put at risk of it?

Personally I've know people that have had cancer,

it's an ugly disease, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I've had Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy for ten years, and Atrial

Fibrillation more recently, there are many situations I should avoid, however I believe life is for living, not fretting about death, and I don't worry about the actions of others, I just avoid them.

There are worse things in life than death,

someone mentioned the trauma of living with an alcoholic earlier in this thread, I've witnessed first hand what damage that can have on children, I'd rather breathe cigarette smoke on them any day

of the week"

i think the law is fir children who don't have choices they can't escape their parent in a car can they ?and babies can't suddenly walk or know the harm they under or even have developed enough to make an informed decision about it all should they have the ability to walk away from it same as toddlers . I agree with the smoking ban i research has not down any health benefits if it at all on those who smoke it and those inflicted with the fumes . As fir the tax i work and we oay lots of tax but thenhs is struggling so i think they will increase tax any way and get find other ways if getting tax out of people they always do . So its not always oeople who have choices some people aka kids have no choice . Its for them which is what the thread was about i the first place xx

so when u go out do u put a mask on 2 protect ur health from car fumes and pollution ??

Should the government ban obese people from

getting takeaways???

was the owner thinking

of my kids falling in it or anything??

do you drink??????

I've got a e cig coming nxt week as I have chosen

2 try and give up not because some1 has said I have to...

Ha ha love it

If you weigh over a certain amount you can only

buy salad and water or a fruit bag lol n. good idea some oeople should not be eating McDonald's lol xx "

And some people shouldn't drink but that's life lol

"So the good old Government want smoking stopped in cars to save children from cancer, are they also banning processed food, drinking water in areas that still have lead piping, or plain old breathing?

Fibrillation more recently, there are many situations I should avoid, however I believe life is for living, not fretting about death, and I don't worry about the actions of others, I just avoid them.

someone mentioned the trauma of living with an alcoholic earlier in this thread, I've witnessed first hand what damage that can have on children, I'd rather breathe cigarette smoke on them any day

of the week i think the law is fir children who don't have choices they can't escape their parent in a car can they ?and babies can't suddenly walk or know the harm they under or even have developed enough to make an informed decision about it all should they have the ability to walk away from it same as toddlers . I agree with the smoking ban i research has not down any health benefits if it at all on those who smoke it and those inflicted with the fumes . As fir the tax i work and we oay lots of tax but thenhs is struggling so i think they will increase tax any way and get find other ways if getting tax out of people they always do . So its not always oeople who have choices some people aka kids have no choice . Its for them which is what the thread was about i the first place xx"

Your right kids have no choice...

And I agree that I will protect my kids the best way I can can...

But like I said where does it all stop??

Stop smoking in cars

Stop fast food as we are now a nation of over weight people and kids health again suffer....

Stop drinking???? As some parents are violent???

The list goes on and on...

I'm no way a perfect parent but I do the best I can 2 protect my kids like the rest of us do.

of the week i think the law is fir children who don't have choices they can't escape their parent in a car can they ?and babies can't suddenly walk or know the harm they under or even have developed enough to make an informed decision about it all should they have the ability to walk away from it same as toddlers . I agree with the smoking ban i research has not down any health benefits if it at all on those who smoke it and those inflicted with the fumes . As fir the tax i work and we oay lots of tax but thenhs is struggling so i think they will increase tax any way and get find other ways if getting tax out of people they always do . So its not always oeople who have choices some people aka kids have no choice . Its for them which is what the thread was about i the first place xx"

Where in my post did I indicate that children had choices?

I did mention that personally I'd rather inflict cigarette smoke on them than forcing them lo endure the effects of living with a alcoholic, I also stated that there are worse things in life than death, I'd hazard a guess that baby P would relish cigarette smoke blown at him rather than being beaten and tortured.

I never mentioned tax either, or that fact that you are in employment , and therefore keep oiks like myself in benefits, but then again you're so much better than me aren't you.

I agree with banning smoking in cars in the presence of children also, but if the government wish to safe guard children from risks of cancer there are far more every day things that should be banned, I'm just wondering to myself how then ban on children breathing will go down, after all the amount of cancerogenic's in air is rising

of the week i think the law is fir children who don't have choices they can't escape their parent in a car can they ?and babies can't suddenly walk or know the harm they under or even have developed enough to make an informed decision about it all should they have the ability to walk away from it same as toddlers . I agree with the smoking ban i research has not down any health benefits if it at all on those who smoke it and those inflicted with the fumes . As fir the tax i work and we oay lots of tax but thenhs is struggling so i think they will increase tax any way and get find other ways if getting tax out of people they always do . So its not always oeople who have choices some people aka kids have no choice . Its for them which is what the thread was about i the first place xx

Where in my post did I indicate that children had choices?

I did mention that personally I'd rather inflict cigarette smoke on them than forcing them lo endure the effects of living with a alcoholic, I also stated that there are worse things in life than death, I'd hazard a guess that baby P would relish cigarette smoke blown at him rather than being beaten and tortured.

I never mentioned tax either, or that fact that you are in employment , and therefore keep oiks like myself in benefits, but then again you're so much better than me aren't you.

I agree with banning smoking in cars in the presence of children also, but if the government wish to safe guard children from risks of cancer there are far more every day things that should be banned, I'm just wondering to myself how then ban on children breathing will go down, after all the amount of cancerogenic's in air is rising "

By *ampy and zxrCouple  over a year ago

caerphilly

just a thought for those against smoking who drink... how many of you drink with your children present? I don't meant to the point of being d*unk, but a few drinks or so? Children who witness their parents drinking on a regular basis are more likely to drink at a younger age than those who don't. So while we're banning things that may possibly harm drinking, why not ban drinking in front of children, or ban children from pubs etc. how many of us had parents or relatives who smoked around us as children, and how many are to this day fine? Think about it...

By *urph6969Man  over a year ago

Chadwell St mary

who in the right mind would smoke with there kids in the car?!id never smoke in the house with kids never mind the car

wales

Yeah you maybe right their only thing on drink not breathing it in I understand most parents drink and smoke in front of kids but in car in small compact area even thoe beening passenger of car when window open still blow to back this is not to judge smoker it all for other non smoker etc

Chadwell St mary

wales

My ex partner would roll a fag while driving putting me and kids at risk since we not live together kids chest alot better and mine not judging if u smoker same as think smell of that is awful enough

Chadwell St mary

why didnt you tell him not to smoke in the car with you and kids?

I'm a smoker as are most of my family but if they come to my house they know they smoke outside

i don't drive yet but when I do I won't be smoking in car with kids

Chadwell St mary

"I'm a smoker as are most of my family but if they come to my house they know they smoke outside

i don't drive yet but when I do I won't be smoking in car with kids

"

good on ya girl x

wales

"why didnt you tell him not to smoke in the car with you and kids? "
as he would never listen to me still does it now while collecting kids for contact even around kids at is place

Chadwell St mary

"why didnt you tell him not to smoke in the car with you and kids? as he would never listen to me still does it now while collecting kids for contact even around kids at is place"
ffs thats bad!

wales

"why didnt you tell him not to smoke in the car with you and kids? as he would never listen to me still does it now while collecting kids for contact even around kids at is placeffs thats bad!"
yeah he never care my sister wont smoke in her car only outside or in house they got like back garden little room she wont smoke infront of me or kids anyone

Chadwell St mary

"why didnt you tell him not to smoke in the car with you and kids? as he would never listen to me still does it now while collecting kids for contact even around kids at is placeffs thats bad!yeah he never care my sister wont smoke in her car only outside or in house they got like back garden little room she wont smoke infront of me or kids anyone"
thats nice to hear,its not right on the kids nor a non smoker

Chadwell St mary

and you just got a full house off fabbed pics from me too

wales

"and you just got a full house off fabbed pics from me too "
aw thank you yeah not fair soon as they home tomorrow smell of ashtray he passive smoker

"and you just got a full house off fabbed pics from me too aw thank you yeah not fair soon as they home tomorrow smell of ashtray he passive smoker"

If you object that much don't let him have them

Make him go court and say you feel he's putting them at risk

Unless you have a court order saying he has joint custody there is nothing he can do as your just doing what you feel is best for your kids

I heard on the radio this morning that the government have either put in place or are going to put in place(didn't quiet hear lol)

That they are putting a watershed on food adverts to protect children against obesity...showing will be after 9pm...

Don't really see the point if I'm honest as it's the parents you need to retrain..plus if there going to do that it won't be long before fast food shops are all in disguise so kids don't know what they are lol....just like the new fag counters they have spent god knows how much on...

wales

Yeah agree alway something on news different even fag in shop are cover

"just a thought for those against smoking who drink... how many of you drink with your children present? I don't meant to the point of being d*unk, but a few drinks or so? Children who witness their parents drinking on a regular basis are more likely to drink at a younger age than those who don't. So while we're banning things that may possibly harm drinking, why not ban drinking in front of children, or ban children from pubs etc. how many of us had parents or relatives who smoked around us as children, and

how many are to this day fine? Think about it... "

actually no,aces like France and Italy where parents drink infront of children and they are allowed wine there are less alcoholics and drugged up drink teens agers l i dint even have children but i see the point xx

When. Said about the mcdonalds thing i was on about the thirty stone people you see on benefits Briton that are to fat to wash themselves . Not average chunky whicj I am as we'll .their health us seriously compromised . Or is rhos do single doors . They won't be able to fit in then ! Lol xx

"When. Said about the mcdonalds thing i was on about the thirty stone people you see on benefits Briton that are to fat to wash themselves . Not average chunky whicj I am as we'll .their health us seriously compromised . Or is rhos do single doors . They won't be able to fit in then ! Lol xx"

Is there a type of person you don't sit in judgement over?

By *3xymamaWoman  over a year ago

RCT

"When. Said about the mcdonalds thing i was on about the thirty stone people you see on benefits Briton that are to fat to wash themselves . Not average chunky whicj I am as we'll .their health us seriously compromised . Or is rhos do single doors . They won't be able to fit in then ! Lol xx

Is there a type of person you don't sit in judgement over?"

Nicely said there

I don't think benefits Britain is all about people who weigh 30 stone

And secondly I see plenty of employed people who could do with a few more salads in their life

So let's not make out like its just people who don't work who are fat!

I thought this thread was about smoking

Which is a discussing habit in my view although I appreciate its up to the individual what they do but non smokers and kids should not have to tolerate passive smoking and thankfully more and more people are giving up the filthy habit

As for obese people many of them cannot work due to the side effects and illnesses caused by being obese

Therefore they have no alternative but to live on benefits

The press and media will always pick up in that and exploit it so that people will watch and read their programs they call entertainment rather than exploitation

I watch one episode of benefit street and switched off as like many programs before it uses people and they are not able to see that

Are all obese people on benefits NO are there many that are YES

If people can't understand this then maybe they should stop watching Jeremy Kyle

"When. Said about the mcdonalds thing i was on about the thirty stone people you see on benefits Briton that are to fat to wash themselves . Not average chunky whicj I am as we'll .their health us seriously compromised . Or is rhos do single doors . They won't be able to fit in then ! Lol xx

Everyone judges people at some time and then it's described as preference or choice or a number of other titles including passive aggressive

Everyone judges people at some time and then it's described as preference or choice or a number of other titles including passive aggressive "

Sweeping statements should be left for brooms

[Removed by poster at 29/01/15 18:53:12]

Everyone judges people at some time and then it's described as preference or choice or a number of other titles including passive aggressive

Sweeping statements should be left for brooms"

There also good for clearing up the shit that people leave behind

Everyone judges people at some time and then it's described as preference or choice or a number of other titles

including passive aggressive

There also good for clearing up the shit that people leave behind "

I should imagine it would take a one of gargantuan proportions in this case

By *appy campersCouple  over a year ago

cardiff

I smoke after sex....I'm down to 20 a day (jokes)

Great debate...Lots of interesting and valid points.

I smoke in my house AND my car but...If the grandchildren are visiting then obviously that isn't an option. The same goes when we have non smoking visitors, we smoke outside. It's common decency.

It's my only vice and I enjoy it! xx

[Removed by poster at 29/01/15 19:14:37]

"I smoke after sex....I'm down to 20 a day (jokes)

I smoke in my house AND my car but...If the grandchildren are visiting then obviously that isn't an option. The same goes when we have non smoking visitors, we smoke outside. It's common decency.

It's my only vice and I enjoy it! xx"

your only vice?

cardiff

Hmmmm maybe that was a little white lie Oooops xx

"Hmmmm maybe that was a little white lie Oooops xx"

Hehehehehehe good

"I smoke after sex....I'm down to 20 a day (jokes)

It's my only vice and I enjoy it! xx

your only vice?"

I thought that was a new kinky game lol

cardiff

Ooooh I love games Giggs especially kinky ones.... xx

There also good for clearing up the shit that people leave behind "

thanks . Well said . . Xx

actually lots but not people that seriously compromise their health then moan about it after the fact and refuse to do anything about it . Any way this thread has once again got off the point and become defensive again . Most defensiveness i find is when people secretly know they are wrong . Lol . And yes I know not all over weight people can help it but

lots can especially the morbidly obese ones they don't get that size eating salads and healthy food . There is a difference between being portly and being so big your a drain on the NHS and emergency services per se its nit healthy to be so big that you can't mobilise and wash . Or get out your door . Or have to be lifted by the fire brigade if you have a medical emergency . Surely no one can say its healthy to be that size l though i sure sometime will defend that now xxx

I think you need to stop and look at why SOME people are over weight

Oh could it be there have health problems that stop them exercising

Maybe they can barely walk and the meds they are on ain't helping

Oh no sorry I forgot

It's just cos they are lazy smelly sponges that are so fat they can't wash

Ha ha

Oh yeah back to people smoking with kids now

"I think you need to stop and look at why SOME people are over weight

Oh no sorry I forgot

It's just cos they are lazy smelly sponges that are

so fat they can't wash

Ha ha

Oh yeah back to people smoking with kids now "

having looked at serious programmes and research miss lush you will find those type of people i refer to the balliateric type often are that size due to their own choice be it through lack of motivation etc or bring married to a feeder . There are very very very rare occasions where they have an illness like Jordan's boy that doesn't even come that close to serious ill health i on about nor will he as his mum loves him so much . To do with metabolism etc but this is extremely rare especially if you do a lot of work with peole with eating disorders etc you will find a lot if it is what they eat . Brad means a loaf of bread , pie means a family pie . I not mocking i stating quite seriously this is a very real problem and the oerson diesnt even want to ne like it but lacks the motivation to change . Yes I think smoking in front of kids in the car who have no informed decision making skills is wrong . And mo one will convince me otherwise . Selfish behaviour i go so far as to say and very harmful xx.

"I think you need to stop and look at why SOME people are over weight

Oh no sorry I forgot

It's just cos they are lazy smelly sponges that are

so fat they can't wash

Ha ha

Oh yeah back to people smoking with kids now "

and they can't wash or work unless they have their web cam thing cis they are physically to big to work or fit in a bath , or shower l thats not healthy how can anyone say that us healthy ? Thats why those people look fir help . They die because they are so fat . That's not healthy , only an idiot would argue someone being that big was healthy . If you watch things or read things in these people they ARE NOT HAPPY people. At all . The ones that can do the pole dancing and prostitution etc are generally but they not as big as I on about i on about seriously compromised people that can't even leave the house xx

Well having a stepdad with illnesses that prevent Him from walking the length of my garden and being over weight

When before he was ill he would walk 5-10 miles and think nothing of it

So think you need to stop watching tele and realise they only show worse cases on tele for the shock factor

He has problems dieting due to the meds he's on

He can't take anything to help him lose weight again due to his meds

He eats homemade soups and fruit and veg all the time

He doesn't even like take aways

So it pisses me off seeing the things judgemental people write about overweight people

By *elsh_ryanMan  over a year ago

London

Absolutely awful to smoke in the car with kids.

"Absolutely awful to smoke in the car with kids."

"Well having a stepdad with illnesses that prevent Him from walking the length of my garden and being over weight

When before he was ill he would walk 5-10 miles and think nothing of it

So think you need to stop watching tele and realise they only show worse cases on tele for the shock factor

He has problems dieting due to the meds he's on

He can't take anything to help him lose weight again due to his meds

He eats homemade soups and fruit and veg all the time

He doesn't even like take aways

So it pisses me off seeing the things judgemental people write about overweight people "

Is he thirty stone plus ? Xx thats what i on about . You have to eat the calories to have the weight its very very rare to have a bad metabolism where you eat virtually nothing and put on weight . If it is the Case he would have a medical diagnosis recording it and help for it . I not disparaging over weight people in general i think I have made that quite clear in my posts l. I know what I talking about as I have rest lots of research about this stuff and know a lot about it . I over weight myself most people are but not to a druggie where it fully compromises my health to a morbid degree xx

One of main causes for weight gain is alcohol

"One of main causes for weight gain is alcohol "
yes iron giving up smoking . I don't drink ATM . Xx

"One of main causes for weight gain is alcohol yes iron giving up smoking . I don't drink ATM . Xx"
or giving up smoking . Lots if alcoholics are conversely thin as they don't eat they drink their calories .there are exceptions to the rule as always . Generally though hardened ones are very thin and malnourished or bloated but not overly fat . They usually chose to spend their money on drink than food xx

"One of main causes for weight gain is alcohol yes iron giving up smoking . I don't drink ATM . Xx"

Sorry did I say you

I meant in general

I'm stating there are other reasons for weight gain

I didn't realise once again this thread was about you poppy !

"One of main causes for weight gain is alcohol yes iron giving up smoking . I don't drink ATM . Xx

Sorry did I say you

I meant in general

I'm stating there are other reasons for weight gain

I didn't realise once again this thread was about you poppy ! "

no thats the only reference i made to myself .you seem to be putting your self and your family in quite a bit though . I only made reference to mine when asked about it tbh apart from the last remark that seemed directed to me .

Obesity is generally caused by eating too much and moving too little. If you consume high amounts of energy from your diet, particularly from fat and sugars, but do not burn off the energy through exercise and physical activity, much of the surplus energy is then stored by the body as fat.

If you google reasons for obesity this is the response TRY IT

Second-hand smoke is a danger to everyone, but children, pregnant women and the partners of people who smoke are most vulnerable. Passive smoking increases the risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS or cot death), middle ear disease, asthma, respiratory illnesses, lung cancer and coronary heart disease.

It's amazing what you can find out if you look !!!!

The fact that anyone would share their smoke with a non smoker let alone a child should be condemned

"Obesity is generally caused by eating too much and moving too little. If you consume high amounts of energy from your diet, particularly from fat and sugars, but do not burn off the energy through exercise and physical activity, much of the surplus energy is then stored by the body as fat.

If you google reasons for obesity this is the response TRY IT "

its not rocket science all the diet programmes and medical programmes and research prove this . Its very very rare to be contrary and the person would have it as part of their diagnosis if it was . Most tablets that say weight gain are about fluid retention or making the person wanting to eat more like steroids and some anti depressants . But is is still possible to lose weight in these meds as its been proven it can happen if the person watches their weight and is motivated . With or WITHOUT exercise .lots of people lose weight without exercise you need a certain amount just to carry out daily activities around the house and breathe etcxx

By *orny_bikersCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

I've heard they want to ban smoking during sex too

"I've heard they want to ban smoking during sex too "
lol no smoking the cigar then lol xx

Well I think we all agreed to the original thread which was smoking with kids in car

"Second-hand smoke is a danger to everyone, but children, pregnant women and the partners of people who smoke are most vulnerable. Passive smoking increases the risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS or cot death), middle ear disease, asthma, respiratory illnesses, lung cancer and coronary heart disease.

It's amazing what you can find out if you look !!!!

The fact that anyone would share their smoke with a non smoker let alone a child should be condemned "

And about as useful as second hand information.

The information you acquire on the internet varies dependent on from where you retrieve it.

I could find statistics claiming obese people became obese because of allergies to play dough, or that cigarette smoke is used in the treatment of ulcers, ultimately very few of the "facts" I find are true, so I tell you what I'll just reiterate them on a forum so I look clever

thought this was a swinging site not an "ARGUE AND DEBATE" one if you don't like second hand smoke get out the fecking way

It builds up sexual tension

By *estisbest22Couple  over a year ago

Cardiff

Don't understand how some people can go with the 'if they don't like it, it's tough!' Approach! They're kids, they don't have a choice, and should be given the best possible opportunity of growing up healthy! And the whole well alcohol should be banned because people drink and drive, or fight?! Welcome to 2015, there are already laws in place against these!

Where does it all stop ?

Kids banned from restaurants and festivals where alcohol is served ?

Cardiff

Why would they be banned from restaurant's?! Or a festival?! Good parents taking their kids to a festival, would ensure they're safe and enjoying themselves?! Confused

Well with the best will in the world

And being the best parent you can't control other peoples behaviour or drinking

Cardiff

But you can control smoking in a car! And have a little bit of faith in the fact that laws are in place to try prevent people acting inappropriately under the influence. Not always effective admittedly, just as this smoking ban won't be in some cases because people will selfishly choose to ignore it

Oh dear another thread gone wild lol

"Obesity is generally caused by eating too much and moving too little. If you consume high amounts of energy from your diet, particularly from fat and sugars, but do not burn off the energy through exercise and physical a.ctivity, much of the surplus energy is then stored by the body as fat.

If you google reasons for obesity this is the response TRY IT "

I don't think this is all true.

When I was a size 22/24 I had a full time job as a carer,I had a family and a husband...

my weight spiraled out of control after having my kids...

and I just ate and ate...because my husband still loved me I dont give a shit what anyone said...as I have said above I lost weight for me....

the more people see it as being acceptable to be fat the more people ain't gona give a toss..

This site I think is a prime example as people are more accepting to bbws(women) than they are to bbms(males)

As for the inner ear infection(glue ear they call it)

My friends daughter had it and no one ever smoked around her and she never smoked..

The festival comment...I've been to some and the parents are smoking,drinking,smoking and flying there tits off(Pardon the pun)on magic mushrooms..is this protecting kids?????

The driving while smoking I hope they ban it but not holding much hope in people listening..as how many people still drink and drive???

How many people still drive using a mobile?????

So how many will still continue 2 have a fag in the car while the kids are in there????

This is my opinion and i prob will be abused or something for it...

But don't worry I have tough skin I will go and grab my hard hat lol.

On a more positive note I collect my e cig 2day

"But you can control smoking in a car! And have a little bit of faith in the fact that laws are in place to try prevent people acting inappropriately under the influence. Not always effective admittedly, just as this smoking ban won't be in some cases because people will selfishly choose to ignore it "

Do laws stop people acting inappropriately in any way?

The crowded prisons would offer the answer as being no they don't.

I don't believe you'll find anyone on this site that wouldn't consider the impact that their smoking may have on their children, I don't honestly believe I could say the same for drinking.

Both drinking, and smoking have detrimental effects on children's well being, as do an endless list of other things, banning smoking in cars is IMO the latest PC rant from a tired old nanny state, the money spent on advertising/publicising to achieve the goal would again IMO better invested in bolstering child protection/welfare agencies that have been cut to the bone.

Cardiff

The same parents might change their approach after collecting a few fines for choking their kids with their second hand smoke! As for the, of their tits parents at festivals, these are probably the same parents this ban was put in place to stop, obviously a lack of common sense is present, and only punishing them will help change their ways, much like dealing with a child!

"Don't understand how some people can go with the 'if they don't like it, it's tough!' Approach! They're kids, they don't have a choice, and should be given the best possible opportunity of growing up healthy! And the whole well alcohol should be banned because people drink and drive, or fight?! Welcome to 2015, there are already laws in place against these!

If that comment was aimed at me where in my post did I mention kids ? I was on about you lot fecking arguing on here !!!!!

"

Cardiff

"But you can control smoking in a car! And have a little bit of faith in the fact that laws are in place to try prevent people acting inappropriately under the influence. Not always effective admittedly, just as this smoking ban won't be in some cases because people will selfishly choose to ignore it

I don't believe you'll find anyone on this site that wouldn't consider the impact that their smoking may have on their children, I don't honestly believe I could say the same for drinking.

Both drinking, and smoking have detrimental effects on children's well being, as do an endless list of other things, banning smoking in cars is IMO the latest PC rant from a tired old nanny state, the money spent on advertising/publicising to achieve the goal would again IMO better invested in bolstering child protection/welfare agencies that have been cut to the bone. "

It's an easy law to put in place and enforce, helping protect children from the ill health effects. Stopping someone abusing a child in their own home is a bit harder to detect and police.

It's a positive measure that's been put in place, there are no negative effects from this law, other than you have to stop and get out for a fag!

Cardiff

"Don't understand how some people can go with the 'if they don't like it, it's tough!' Approach! They're kids, they don't have a choice, and should be given the best possible opportunity of growing up healthy! And the whole well alcohol should be banned because people drink and drive, or fight?! Welcome to 2015, there are already laws in place against these!

If that comment was aimed at me where in my post did I mention kids ? I was on about you lot fecking arguing on here !!!!!

"

It was aimed at everyone arguing that the ban shouldn't be there! The whole forum topic is about kids, you didn't need to mention it!

"But you can control smoking in a car! And have a little bit of faith in the fact that laws are in place to try prevent people acting inappropriately under the influence. Not always effective admittedly, just as this smoking ban won't be in some cases because people will selfishly choose to ignore it

Both drinking, and smoking have detrimental effects on children's well being, as do an endless list of other things, banning smoking in cars is IMO the latest PC rant from a tired old nanny state, the money spent on advertising/publicising to achieve the goal would again IMO better invested in bolstering child protection/welfare agencies that have been cut to the bone.

It's an easy law to put in place and enforce, helping protect children from the ill health effects. Stopping someone abusing a child in their own home is a bit harder to detect and police.

It's a positive measure that's been put in place, there are no negative effects from this law, other than you have to stop and get out for a fag!"

Not in essence, if you put officers in place to monitor smoking in cars it cost's, the same applies to child services they cost too, or are you perhaps suggesting that the police force just take on the extra duties. Just out of interest do you happen to know how many children are estimated to die as a result passive smoking a year, or how many are estimated to die as a result of parent neglect or abuse?

It was aimed at everyone arguing that the ban shouldn't be there! The whole forum topic is about kids, you didn't need to mention it!"

The whole thread isn't about kids at all try reading it instead of jumping on the band wagon the thread has gone off topic many times

Cardiff

It was aimed at everyone arguing that the ban shouldn't be there! The whole forum topic is about kids, you didn't need to mention it!

The whole thread isn't about kids at all try reading it instead of jumping on the band wagon the thread has gone off topic many times "

Scan up, read what the original poster wrote, pretty crystal clear

Cardiff

Feels like a losing battle..... Mr snowball you really believe they take on new officers every time a new traffic law is put in place?! How much extra work does it take to open your eyes andsee someone smoking in a car with a child?!!

Cardiff

And also I don't know numbers, but Google does.....

Worldwide, as many as 40% of children, 33% of non-smoking men and 35% non-smoking women were exposed to second-hand smoke in 2004, researchers found. This exposure was estimated to have caused 379,000 deaths from heart disease, 165,000 from lower respiratory infections, 36,900 from asthma and 21,400 from lung cancer.24 Nov 2011

The whole thread isn't about kids at all try reading it instead of jumping on the band wagon the thread has gone off topic many times

Scan up, read what the original poster wrote, pretty crystal clear"

Scan up,and see what every fooker else wrote , pretty crystal clear too

Thread done lol

"Feels like a losing battle..... Mr snowball you really believe they take on new officers every time a new traffic law is put in place?! How much extra work does it take to open your eyes andsee someone smoking in a car with a child?!!"

No I don't believe they do, I do believe however there should be an adequate number of police officers employed to enforce every law, there aren't now.

Unlike some people who have posted on this thread I don't buy in to the rhetoric, or sound byte philosophy the state employs, I try to look deeper at issues. But if a facile approach works for you, you can run with that. I'd rather child safety be dealt with where it absolutely needs to.

Nice avoidance of my questions by the way