FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Running

Running

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Any runners in Newport?

Get out much? Where do you run?

Signed up for Newport Parkrun and out a few times a week. Doing Newport Half in a few weeks!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

A little outside of Newport here. Getting back into it for the tough mudder in August

"A little outside of Newport here. Getting back into it for the tough mudder in August"

Ah nice, what one you doing? Contemplating doing one this year for sure. I got a few 10ks and several half marathons pencilled in this year so far

I think its the one over in Swindon. Down the m4 somewhere!

Off out shortly.

Seems we don't have many runners around here!

Any runners in Swansea?

By *laireandfuckbudCouple  over a year ago

middle of no where

We go as much as we can but soooo cold at mo

"We go as much as we can but soooo cold at mo"

I quite enjoy running in the cold, although obviously can't beat running in a warm summer breeze!

"Any runners in Swansea?"

seen pleany of them in wales, police caught the last one though after a wait at his mum's. oh sorry, wrong thread, hehehe

I run but not in Newport! Parkruns are great fun and free. I've done 2 Marathons and several half Marathons. Got a few halves planned this year and another marathon. Was contemplating doing Newport Half but I think it clashes with something else.

Can't beat getting out a running in any weather it sure gets rid of the days stresses!

"I run but not in Newport! Parkruns are great fun and free. I've done 2 Marathons and several half Marathons. Got a few halves planned this year and another marathon. Was contemplating doing Newport Half but I think it clashes with something else.

Can't beat getting out a running in any weather it sure gets rid of the days stresses!"

Ah nice, what sort of mileage do you get done in training n stuff? I got Newport half in 2 weeks, and I am up to 17k in training now.

Yeah I find it really destresses me, and just gives me time to think.

I would taper now no need to do any more mileage than what your up to, drop down to 8 then maybe 6 following week so you have fresh legs for the race. I'm not doing great mileage or much at all at moment been ill and only did my first run last fri in almost a month. Am getting better so getting back out there again but slowly building the miles back up again.

"I run but not in Newport! Parkruns are great fun and free. I've done 2 Marathons and several half Marathons. Got a few halves planned this year and another marathon. Was contemplating doing Newport Half but I think it clashes with something else.

Can't beat getting out a running in any weather it sure gets rid of the days stresses!

Ah nice, what sort of mileage do you get done in training n stuff? I got Newport half in 2 weeks, and I am up to 17k in training now.

Yeah I find it really destresses me, and just gives me time to think."

Hoping to get down to Cardiff for the World half marathon. I ran the Edinburgh Full marathon. Did zero training and turned up on the day. Had a bet with a friend that it was just mind over matter. The same friend took me out until 3am on the morning of the race. Did it in sub 3.5hrs so quite pleased. Subsequently started training and now hoping for sub 1.15 for my next half.

Haven't done much of late but intend getting back into it immediately now you've planted the Seed in my head.

The fourteenth lock is a great trail. The hills a lung buster but satisfying. There's a place to get a cuppa at the top if you need a rest.

[Removed by poster at 13/04/15 20:17:08]

"[Removed by poster at 13/04/15 20:17:08]"

I'm often to be found streaking around the Bay or Bute Park.

I've got the Chester half marathon in May, and do about 4 - 5 10k's through the year

Just curious any runners out in Pembrokeshire?

I love Parkrun such a nice gentle wake-up on Saturday.

If you ever fancy a change guys you should do the ones out this way, dont think theres a flat bit in them.

i run from bettws lane or from malpas road to the 14 locks.only trouble is that i end up in the cafe up the 14 locks.i have a cup of tea and some cake so i got to run back home to burn it all of again i dont no why i do it.lol

» Add a new message to this topic