FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > mobile numbers exchange

mobile numbers exchange

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Having spent an hour and half in a night club in Cardiff, waiting for a couple not to turn up, I am of the opinion that if one is arranging a similar meet, then exchanging mobile numbers is a good sign for a variety of reasons, and one that I shall adopt from now on.

What do folk think also, of having a tag facility on profiles where you can log that they did not show, and made no excuses.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *elsh_lass74Woman  over a year ago

South Wales

Just because you exchange numbers, doesn't mean they will definitely turn up for a meet. They can give a false number, or just ignore / block your texts and calls

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I agree you would have to actually speak to them, which might deter the time wasters.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Having spent an hour and half in a night club in Cardiff, waiting for a couple not to turn up, I am of the opinion that if one is arranging a similar meet, then exchanging mobile numbers is a good sign for a variety of reasons, and one that I shall adopt from now on.

What do folk think also, of having a tag facility on profiles where you can log that they did not show, and made no excuses."

This is why I don't bother meeting off here anymore.

Unless I've met a few times before

I would never meet without first talking on the phone. There are ppl on here who get off on messing ppl about

As a person who never, ever speaks on the phone, even to family, this has been a problem on occasion, I just rely on the fact that I have verifications to prove I exist & will turn up

By *astmeetswest77Couple  over a year ago

monmouth

Not sure how much difference a phone number will make when it comes to time wasters.

We had a wasted journey this morning. Really pisses you off.

So our recommendation is a name and shame section on the site, as you cant do that on the forum.

Not that it would stop them making a new profile but we may get the slightest satisfaction, knowing we've told the world that their tossers

Hmm u could have ppl that dislike you like a dick head ex etc name and shame you for no reason x

By *astmeetswest77Couple  over a year ago

monmouth

Good point.

Down stairs for dancing, up stairs for thinking

It would be open to abuse, having a name and shame section.

people would use it to get at others they dislike, and proof would be needed.

Now i did propose a profile "thumbs up" and "thumbs down" and only the ability for your vote to count once Per profile.

Even better. You arrange a meet and all of a sudden two days before you meet you text and they don't respond after you have been texting for over a week.

By *et_n_WildCouple  over a year ago

Pontypridd

"It would be open to abuse, having a name and shame section.

people would use it to get at others they dislike, and proof would be needed.

Now i did propose a profile "thumbs up" and "thumbs down" and only the ability for your vote to count once Per profile."

This would not work if they turned up the first time and no-showed at a later date.

In my 8 years or so on the scene, I have never once had a no show, and I put this down to my selection process. If it doesn't feel right, it probably ain't right.

"I agree you would have to actually speak to them, which might deter the time wasters."

No. I dont speak to meets on the phone. Randoms arent getting my number and wont get a playphone. Doesn't meanmI'm not genuine.

Only had no shows for coffee, the social first generally s out the wasters, a bit like your selection process I reckon. I have been turned down by lots of couples because I won't do the talking on the phone bit, the way I see it is we're all different & if people are insistent on making me do something I'm not comfy with, they're probably not right for me anyway x

By *enuine photographerMan  over a year ago

Swansea

"In my 8 years or so on the scene, I have never once had a no show, and I put this down to my selection process. If it doesn't feel right, it probably ain't right."

Who would let you down? Just too gorgeous Lol xxx

"Only had no shows for coffee, the social first generally s out the wasters, a bit like your selection process I reckon. I have been turned down by lots of couples because I won't do the talking on the phone bit, the way I see it is we're all different & if people are

insistent on making me do something I'm not comfy with, they're probably not right for me anyway x"

I think the coffee before is a goodnjudge

"In my 8 years or so on the scene, I have never once had a no show, and I put this down to my selection process. If it doesn't feel right, it probably ain't right."

That makes alot of sense x

By *et_banditMan  over a year ago

Morriston

I ain't fan of throw away sims and won't give out personal mobile To just anyone.

Name and shame doesn't really work as most will drop a profile and remake without a second thought.

Your always going to get no shows as some point, but social to talk normally out gen from chancers.

I tend to be paranoid of being given incorrect info so social before let me judge if when i get to someones house they are going to be there and not accrosd the street gigging peeking through curtains at the rube they sent to neighbours for a laugh

People who refuse to give mobile numbers after a meet has been arranged are usually timewasters I have found.

All the usual lame excuses come out - no credit, it's a works phone, my wife/GF checks my texts etc. Heard them all.

Now if any refuse I bin them immediately

I'd vote for a name and shame section on here if they didn't turn up. Unless a very valid reason.

Hotel meets for example if it's been paid for by the person who HAS bothered turning up.

By *ardiffCoupleNJCouple  over a year ago

Pontypridd/Rhyfelin

"Hmm u could have ppl that dislike you like a dick head ex etc name and shame you for no reason x"

Not if there was a system of registering meets beforehand that both parties have to tick off.

Then a further tick off after, to show the other party actually turned up.

Doesn't have to indicate if play happened...as sometimes you simply may not fancy each other after meeting.

Literally just an indicator. Then profiles could show a simple percentage against meets arranged or e.g 3/5 for 3 shows from 5 arranged.

At least that way you might find people would cancel at the last moment rather than being a no show which at least saves us leaving the house. Could even have a system that shows these too.

"Hmm u could have ppl that dislike you like a dick head ex etc name and shame you for no reason x

Not if there was a system of registering meets beforehand that both parties have to tick off.

Then a further tick off after, to show the other party actually turned up.

Doesn't have to indicate if play happened...as sometimes you simply may not fancy each other after meeting.

Literally just an indicator. Then profiles could show a simple percentage against meets arranged or e.g 3/5 for 3 shows from 5 arranged.

At least that way you might find people would cancel at the last moment rather than being a no show which at least saves us leaving the house. Could even have a system that shows these too.

"

Sounds far too complicated and still open to abuse and far too regimented

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Mold

It's so cheap and easy to get a burner sim card these days, that people can cause problems if they wish to

I chalk it up to experience and move on but also block the dreamers, they don't get a second chance

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

I never give my number out ... too many fruit loops on here ... whar goes on on fab .... stays on fab ....

I never give out my number !! If the person is happy to go to the local social or meet at a club then for me that’s a good indication of character... things come up at last minute as there is life outside fab. So I think a name and shame system will only be abused.

By *estofbothCouple  over a year ago

Cardiff

Can’t get our heads around how people would happily have sex with somebody/ share their partner with somebody that they wouldn’t trust with their phone number!

Maybe we’re just overly cautious but unless we are 100% attracted to somebody and 100% get on with and trust them there’s no way they’re getting near us. Neither party wanting to share a number is a big alarm bell.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I never give out my phone number. I have bn stood up a few times but my good times on here make it all worthwhile

"Having spent an hour and half in a night club in Cardiff, waiting for a couple not to turn up, I am of the opinion that if one is arranging a similar meet, then exchanging mobile numbers is a good sign for a variety of reasons, and one that I shall adopt from now on.

What do folk think also, of having a tag facility on profiles where you can log that they did not show, and made no excuses."

Profiles do have a space where you can make notes for your own purposes. Or you can block them.

I have no problem giving my phone number out if they piss me off I just block them x

By *inkyDragonsCouple  over a year ago

Ammanford

I suppose the bottom line to this thread is:

If your willing to meet someone in person & they’re not willing to exchange phone numbers. Are they that trustworthy.? x

I agree with the above

» Add a new message to this topic