FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > benefit fraud

benefit fraud

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *urns007 OP   Man  over a year ago

bridgend

Hi All

Was wondering if I can get some help here

does anyone know anyone who has been convicted of Benefit Fraud.

Need to speak to anyone that can maybe help in this matter ASAP

Sorry for posting this on here but it is very important to me ..thanks all.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

go and see a solicitor straight away I know you can work whilst on certain benefits as long as you declare so many hours per week or it could be theraputic work but solicitors should be able to advise. I know some firms still do a free half an hour xxx good luck m8

By *uddsWoman  over a year ago

st athans

"Hi All

Sorry for posting this on here but it is very important to me ..thanks all."

might be worth giving citizens advice a go too

I used to work for dwp and did 4 months on fraud If you want some advice xc

I work pay my tax so have no sympathy for anyone that gets done

"I work pay my tax so have no sympathy for anyone that gets done "

By *iffidusMan  over a year ago

newport

So do I but you know what they say about looking down on people on your way up. Thankfully I've never been unemployed but I know people who have and the cuts in benefits introduced by the Tories are very tough on them and if they get in again they'll be worse because it appears they'll be targeting the disabled etc. don't allow benefit street to con you into thinking all unemployed are like that . The expression that really grips my shit is the shirker versus worker one! Talk about taring everyone with the same brush. The measure of any civilised society is not how the most advantaged are treated but how the most advantaged treat the most disadvantaged.

By *rs TootyWoman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

"I work pay my tax so have no sympathy for anyone that gets done

So do I but you know what they say about looking down on people on your way up. Thankfully I've never been unemployed but I know people who have and the cuts in benefits introduced by the Tories are very tough on them and if they get in again they'll be worse because it appears they'll be targeting the disabled etc. don't allow benefit street to con you into thinking all unemployed are like that . The expression that really grips my shit is the shirker versus worker one! Talk about taring everyone with the same brush. The measure of any civilised society is not how the most advantaged are treated but how the most advantaged treat the most disadvantaged. "

As do I but there is no way of knowing whether the person involved is or isn't working let alone knowingly committing fraud. It could be down to a change of circumstance

newport

As a follow up to my previous comment regarding the demonising of the unemployed. I have a number of friends who claim unemployment benefit but work cash in hand. Most of them work longer and harder than I do and good fucking luck to them. The prevalence of zero hours contracts and the so called minimum wage mean some people have to work this way to survive.

Yes there are people who milk the system but that's a culture thing now. It's so ingrained in many people it's just a way of life. But should the poorest people who are honest, the majority, suffer because of the minority? Or should we be concentrating on the most well off making a fair contribution rather than hiding behind dodgy avoidance schemes. My radical idea to eliminate the deficit etc is up income tax by 1% across the board for a fixed period say 2 years rather than take more money from people who've got fuck all to give in the first place

If you see the way one couple by me live they have never worked a day in there lives have two cars about three holidays a year it would miss you off to

By *ax-BangingMan  over a year ago

town

"If you see the way one couple by me live they have never worked a day in there lives have two cars about three holidays a year it would miss you off to"

See it everyday where i live Sky tv smart phones 24 pack of carling in the fridge superdry jackets better trainers than me grrrr and they are not getting up at 5 am every morning like me

Glad its just not me that's passed off with it

newport

"Glad its just not me that's passed off with it "

I'm not saying there aren't individuals that take the piss it's the making out everyone is the same that annoys me.

"Glad its just not me that's passed off with it

I'm not saying there aren't individuals that take the piss it's the making out everyone is the same that annoys me. "

I'm on benefits and i live by my means.if I can't afford it we dint have it.the cupboards are full,the kids are clean and tidy.

Yep I go out once a week but if we need something then I'd be more than happy to stay in.

I went for a interview the other week and after sitting down and working out everything I would of been 20.00 a week better off.

So have decided I will do training courses to better myself for the time being.

The government don't give any insentive to go back to work and are more worried about helping others who's kids don't even live in this country.

You cant tar all of us with the same brush as I want to go back to work but for a extra 20.00 a week is it really worth it????

Wise words _iffidus

Also ppl jumping on the bandwagon... benefit fraud does not always mean they are working whilst claiming...

It could be a variety of things... could have been accused of having a partner live there etc etc

Often neighbours and nosey ppl ring in out of spite..maybe the OP

Needs advice and is completely innocent of anything.

Eitherway let's not judge

Society jumps on benefit claimers yet the figures for benefit claims are smaller than the amount being claimed by high fliers mps etc for expenses.... media and programmes make society dislike claimers.

"Wise words _iffidus

Also ppl jumping on the bandwagon... benefit fraud does not always mean they are working whilst claiming...

It could be a variety of things... could have been accused of having a partner live there etc etc

Often neighbours and nosey ppl ring in out of spite..maybe the OP

Needs advice and is completely innocent of anything.

Eitherway let's not judge

Society jumps on benefit claimers yet the figures for benefit claims are smaller than the amount being claimed by high fliers mps etc for expenses.... media and programmes make society dislike claimers.

"

Spot on! 100%

newport

This thread is a bit serious. Can we get back to boobies lol xx

Yet another post about the unemployed. The csa thread last week got turned into a gripe against those on benefits.

I'm a single mum on benefits. Yes I have sky TV and a smart phone. I rarely drink. I've not been on holiday in years bar a trip to Butlins that Scarlett gave me as a birthday present. I don't wear designer clothes or trainers. But i manage. My little boy is sspoilt and I give him everything I can in life.

I'm fully aware how flawed the benefit system is. I'd be rewarded with £700 in grants just for having a baby.

Like Giggles says I'd be barely better off financially if I worked. My little one doesn't start school until September and would be passed from pillar to post if I took on a full time job.

"Yet another post about the unemployed. The csa thread last week got turned into a gripe against those on benefits.

I'm a single mum on benefits. Yes I have sky TV and a smart phone. I rarely drink. I've not been on holiday in years bar a trip to Butlins that Scarlett gave me as a birthday present. I don't wear designer clothes or trainers. But i manage. My little boy is sspoilt and I give him everything I can in life.

I'm fully aware how flawed the benefit system is. I'd be rewarded with £700 in grants just for having a baby.

Like Giggles says I'd be barely better off financially if I worked. My little one doesn't start school until September and would be passed from pillar to post if I took on a full time job. "

Don't ever feel you have to justify yourself....

I'm a single mother of 3 and I work but I have a lot of support from family for childcare etc. I donit mainly for my own sanity aswell as to pay my mortgage and bills but it's nice to know at times like Christmas and birthdays that I have worked bloody hard to give them what they have, gives me a feeling of self worth. I rarely buy anything for myself apart from cider and fags

Childcare costs are so extortionate that it makes it impossible for some loan parents to even consider working.

"Yet another post about the unemployed. The csa thread last week got turned into a gripe against those on benefits.

Like Giggles says I'd be barely better off financially if I worked. My little one doesn't start school until September and would be passed from pillar to post if I took on a full time job.

Don't ever feel you have to justify yourself...."

Didn't think i would ever say this but i agree , nobody should have to justify themselves, especially not for claiming benefits legitimately, people on benefits as well as foreigners the disabled and elderly are being made easy scapegoats for the problems of this country because of the need too blame someone for the mess this country is in, when in reality they are the most vulnerable and should be having support and respect instead of hatred, ridicule and misplaced resentment, everybody has the right too do what they need too, to survive and stay out of poverty.

Hi all,

The receptionist at my work had a child, after she had the child she come back to work, she has since quit and having spoken to her she is better off financially then when she was actually working.

It is not the people claiming or in need of benefits fault, it is the government in which the way the give benefits out.

I mean i read that Europeans are claiming child benefits for their children in their respected countries??!! how is that right?!

The benefits system was pout in place for a reason, but society has changed rapidly since then! x

newport

"Hi all,

The receptionist at my work had a child, after she had the child she come back to work, she has since quit and having spoken to her she is better off financially then when she was actually working.

It is not the people claiming or in need of benefits fault, it is the government in which the way the give benefits out.

I mean i read that Europeans are claiming child benefits for their children in their respected countries??!! how is that right?!

The benefits system was pout in place for a reason, but society has changed rapidly since then! x "

I don't wholly agree with that. The fault doesn't lie with the benefits system. If your friend gave up work as it didn't pay enough I would say your employer should pay a MEANINGFUL living wage

It doesn't matter if you agree with it or not, she was on 30K a year! that is not a bad wage tbf.

After she had paid her rent etc, she was £60.00 up.

I am sure none of us work 8-5, 5 days a week, to be able to spend £60.00 once our bills are paid.

And mate, are employers meant to give a women a rise when she has a child?!

Is 30k a meaningful wage?!

"Hi all,

The benefits system was pout in place for a reason, but society has changed rapidly since then! x "

My point exactly.

And I've always worked it's only the past few years I haven't. But once my child goes to school in sept then that opens alot more options for me

newport

"It doesn't matter if you agree with it or not, she was on 30K a year! that is not a bad wage tbf.

After she had paid her rent etc, she was £60.00 up.

I am sure none of us work 8-5, 5 days a week, to be able to spend £60.00 once our bills are paid.

And mate, are employers meant to give a women a rise when she has a child?!

Is 30k a meaningful wage?! "

I think you're missing my point. All I'm saying people shouldn't be put between a rock and a hard place. Your friend gave up her job as it made no financial sense to her. That's fine I have no issues there. Where I don't agree is when the solution is to just cut benefits so the benefit of working of £60 u mention becomes say £120. Now that may mean that it makes sense for your friend to work. Terrific but now countless thousands of people are adversely affected because, in order to make it viable for your friend to work rather than increase her salary or as I mentioned introduce a sensible child care voucher scheme the government in its wisdom decided to lower the common denominator for everyone rather than raise it for those who choose to work.

I'm not commenting on this thread anymore

"As a follow up to my previous comment regarding the demonising of the unemployed. I have a number of friends who claim unemployment benefit but work cash in hand. Most of them work longer and harder than I do and good fucking luck to them. The prevalence of zero hours contracts and the so called minimum wage mean some people have to work this way to survive.

Yes there are people who milk the system but that's a culture thing now. It's so ingrained in many people it's just a way of life. But should the poorest people who are honest, the majority, suffer because of the minority? Or should we be concentrating on the most well off making a fair contribution rather than hiding behind dodgy avoidance schemes. My radical idea to eliminate the deficit etc is up income tax by 1% across the board for a fixed period say 2 years rather than take more money from people who've got fuck all to give in the first place "

I've got no problem with people claiming everything they're entitled to, but cash in hand is a problem for me.

1) no tax or national insurance means that they can undercut genuine people for any job.

2) no tax or national insurance means we, the rest of us with proper jobs are paying more than we have to, or the loss of money to the treasury is keeping taxes higher than they need to be.

My two pennies worth. I worked cash in hand when I was on the dole many years ago.

I was caught in the trap that I couldn't get a job until I got experience.

I work full time and pay my taxes but my view is this. If you're not harming me I don't care what you do or how much you get

slate me all you like but life would be so much better if people were more concerned with their own lives than the lives of others.

"Hi All

Sorry for posting this on here but it is very important to me ..thanks all."

If there is an allegation that there has been some illegal activity on the ops or any other party is there a need to help them circumvent the legal process?

remember that programme benefits streets, the female who got done for fraud or something she a TV celeb now and gets a load of dosh legally, wonder if she gonna pay any money back to the DWP lol

By *onny-n-clydeCouple  over a year ago

cwmbran,

"Glad its just not me that's passed off with it

I'm not saying there aren't individuals that take the piss it's the making out everyone is the same that annoys me.

I'm on benefits and i live by my means.if I can't afford it we dint have it.the cupboards are full,the kids are clean and tidy.

Yep I go out once a week but if we need something then I'd be more than happy to stay in.

I went for a interview the other week and after sitting down and working out everything I would of been 20.00 a week better off.

So have decided I will do training courses to better myself for the time being.

The government don't give any insentive to go back to work and are more worried about helping others who's kids don't even live in this country.

You cant tar all of us with the same brush as I want to go back to work but for a extra 20.00 a week is it really worth it???? "

By *Psaucy67Man  over a year ago

Swansea

"This thread is a bit serious. Can we get back to boobies lol xx"

"remember that programme benefits streets, the female who got done for fraud or something she a TV celeb now and gets a load of dosh legally, wonder if she gonna pay any money back to the DWP lol"

she did pay it back

"My two pennies worth. I worked cash in hand when I was on the dole many years ago.

I work full time and pay my taxes but my view is this. If you're not harming me I don't care what you do or how much you get

slate me all you like but life would be so much better if people were more concerned with their own lives than the lives of others. "

"My two pennies worth. I worked cash in hand when I was on the dole many years ago.

slate me all you like but life would be so much better if people were more concerned with their own lives than the lives of others. "

I agree with you as well.as long as no one is hurting me and the kids then crack on.

How someome can physically pick up a phone a report people is beyond me

I have to work to live, have now been working in a food factory for 3 weeks and on minimum wage of 6.50 an hour.It's hard work to the point where i am aching even when not in work....And i am NOT afraid of work !!! It does gripe me when i see people on the dole who can have , caravans, holidays, 2 cars etc etc..........

"I have to work to live, have now been working in a food factory for 3 weeks and on minimum wage of 6.50 an hour.It's hard work to the point where i am aching even when not in work....And i am NOT afraid of work !!! It does gripe me when i see people on the dole who can have , caravans, holidays, 2 cars etc etc.......... "

This.

For fuck sake it's a swingers site you lot need to get grip off your selfs

"For fuck sake it's a swingers site you lot need to get grip off your selfs "

It's also a public forum where people are free to start threads on a topic of their choice.

I see both sides completely...

I work with vulnerable... drug users..homeless etc... All of my clients are on benefits and it's part of my job to know every benefit inside out..to apply for them .appeals...tribunals etc. . So my points are from experience. ..

I will say ....that. .. In reference to giggles saying "how some ppl can pick up the phone is beyond me " when some people are working all the hours god sends to have nothing after bills... It is understandable. . It isn't beyond Me how some hard working people get fed up of putting overtime in..to pay into a pot for people to take the piss out of.

I know jsa is a piss take ...pennies ..but...There are claimants on other benefits that are better off than some of us working....

I have clients.. that when you add up their housing benefit..council tax and monthly handouts are on the same as me... without the cost of childcare and petrol to find.. so technically are better off.

This is frustrating. .. aside from the income. ..

There is also so much more available to claimants than for workers.. The social fund loans..crisis loans etc..I am aware that some of these have been stopped..but the Discretionary fund payment has replaced these ..

If my washing machine breaks down. .I cant afford to replace it.... If your on benefits..you apply for a loan ...or even a DAF payment. ..and you get it..

Now how is this fair? ?

The fact that claimants can borrow money at Christmas etc at 0% interest is a piss take when we have to resort to 1000% wonga loans etc. .. so we basically earn..to go into a pot..For claimants to borrow..While we have to take loans out??? Piss take ...

That said..I do not blame the claimants....

.It is the system that is fucked. ..

In my personal opinion.....when faced with the "im only 20.00 better off if I work scenario" I still choose to work.. I understand those not wanting to..It seems pointless missing out on children's childhood for the sake of pennies BUT. ..In my opinion the values it teaches the children far outweigh the monetary value.

My children understand that you work to provide..money is to be earned not claimed .... so for me.. I am setting an example to my children.

This does not mean I judge others that choose not to..I understand their views too......

Amen xx

What was the original question again? Lol

town

"I see both sides completely...

I work with vulnerable... drug users..homeless etc... All of my clients are on benefits and it's part of my job to know every benefit inside out..to apply for them .appeals...tribunals etc. . So my points are from experience. ..

I will say ....that. .. In reference to giggles saying "how some ppl can pick up the phone is beyond me " when some people are working all the hours god sends to have nothing after bills... It is understandable. . It isn't beyond Me how some hard working people get fed up of putting overtime in..to pay into a pot for people to take the piss out of.

I know jsa is a piss take ...pennies ..but...There are claimants on other benefits that are better off than some of us working....

I have clients.. that when you add up their housing benefit..council tax and monthly handouts are on the same as me... without the cost of childcare and petrol to find.. so technically are better off.

There is also so much more available to claimants than for workers.. The social fund loans..crisis loans etc..I am aware that some of these have been stopped..but the Discretionary fund payment has replaced these ..

If my washing machine breaks down. .I cant afford to replace it.... If your on benefits..you apply for a loan ...or even a DAF payment. ..and you get it..

Now how is this fair? ?

The fact that claimants can borrow money at Christmas etc at 0% interest is a piss take when we have to resort to 1000% wonga loans etc. .. so we basically earn..to go into a pot..For claimants to borrow..While we have to take loans out??? Piss take ...

In my personal opinion.....when faced with the "im only 20.00 better off if I work scenario" I still choose to work.. I understand those not wanting to..It seems pointless missing out on children's childhood for the sake of pennies BUT. ..In my opinion the values it teaches the children far outweigh the monetary value.

My children understand that you work to provide..money is to be earned not claimed .... so for me.. I am setting an example to my children.

This does not mean I judge others that choose not to..I understand their views too......

Amen xx"

Nail on the head

Always Tbone xx

Now how is this fair? ?

Amen xx

Nail on the head "

Seconded. It's all about setting examples in my opinion.

It is..

The reason I'm so strong on it??? Because..In my line of work. .We have generations and generations of families...where it's completely and utterly normal to all "be on the sick" the grandparents are...parents..teenagers and even the 7 yr old are saying "can't wait to leave school and go on the sick"

Now my children do not even l ow what benefits are....gave never heard of it...and think...If you don't work hard in school..you don't get a job and your homeless and skint...They would never understand that there is a benefit system ...because myself and my mother before me..instilled in them..that you graft.

Children from non working families are much more likely to not work. This isn't something I've plucked from my head it is a fact ... There were figures in a pack I had on a recent training course.

There are times I can't afford to do things that my non working friends are doing..because they actually have more disposable income than me....but...I am content in the last owl edge that they are proud of me...that I am setting an example and potentially stopping a cycle of benefit culture.

Can we all talk about cock now though?

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

Now how is this fair? ?

Amen xx"

Interesting to hear the views of someone who is at the "sharp end".

I worked with benefits for four years and I must admit I got a bit harsher in my views in that time. It was the same with my colleagues in that time too - we all came into it seeing benefits as an inalienable right, but saw stuff that made us question it. I'm afraid it was a case of going to lots of houses where there were state of the art TVs and satellite dishes and thinking "I'm working trying to help you into work and I can't afford this stuff"!

It was also the case that jobs were turned down because of transport costs by people receiving a mobility allowance designed to help in such circumstances.

I hated thinking that way - but I did.

Yeah you do get hardened to the job. ..

There have been days ..where I've been asked to do something and it has totally Pissed me off where iv wanted to scream at my client. ..but I always have to remain impartial and non judgemental. ...

For eg...Christmas time... scrabbling around scraping money together for presents. .I was proper worried. ...was applying for crazy as loans and losing sleep. . Then having a phoncecall off client "Lea come n fill a firm in for me luv I wanna loan... tell me I need new washing machine n stuff "

I'd sit there ...apply for a loan and in three days she had 700.00 u know how fuming that made me with the system??? For a few reasons..

What is that teaching claimants exactly?? Pay nothing in..but reap the rewards?

If you borrow money you never have to pay any interest...? Is that the real world??

If they charged something it would teach them all about the reality of respinsible borrowing ..and would earn the department money..

Makes no sense to me

Would also annoy the hell out of me applying for a community care grant for household goods knowing my washing machine and cooker had packed in and I couldn't replace.

My job fries my head sometimes...I hate the benefit system.

and it's about to get worse. .

universal credit is kicking in...been on the courses.. It is going to fuck up so much.

watch this space....homelessness will fly up tenfold...

newport

"Yeah you do get hardened to the job. ..

There have been days ..where I've been asked to do something and it has totally Pissed me off where iv wanted to scream at my client. ..but I always have to remain impartial and non judgemental. ...

For eg...Christmas time... scrabbling around scraping money together for presents. .I was proper worried. ...was applying for crazy as loans and losing sleep. . Then having a phoncecall off client "Lea come n fill a firm in for me luv I wanna loan... tell me I need new washing machine n stuff "

I'd sit there ...apply for a loan and in three days she had 700.00 u know how fuming that made me with the system??? For a few reasons..

What is that teaching claimants exactly?? Pay nothing in..but reap the rewards?

If you borrow money you never have to pay any interest...? Is that the real world??

If they charged something it would teach them all about the reality of respinsible borrowing ..and would earn the department money..

Makes no sense to me

Would also annoy the hell out of me applying for a community care grant for household goods knowing my washing machine and cooker had packed in and I couldn't replace.

My job fries my head sometimes...I hate the benefit system.

and it's about to get worse. .

universal credit is kicking in...been on the courses.. It is going to fuck up so much.

watch this space....homelessness will fly up tenfold... "

I tried not to post but My question from earlier still stands. Should we make genuinely vulnerable people suffer to out the piss takers? thankfully I earn enough to buy the things I want as well as need but I can appreciate that it would grate to see the unemployed having the things people in work can't but that in my opinion is a small price to pay to protect the disadvantaged.

I don't even blame the greedy wheeler dealers. its endemic in society and a product of the greed is good philosophy of the 80's under thatcher. I wish I knew the answers. I don't. What I do know is I don't want my jealousy of what others have even if not earned to bring about the change to a system that will hurt people who have no hope and in some cases no future or at least no hope of a future

Yeah I know

This universal credit is going to knock ppl for six..

And don't start me on esa. ..I'm constantly sending in appeals and going to tribunals .... iv had ppl knocked off it that have a job to survive the day without go to work ..

But the scammers have created a society that they had to clamp down on so now they are super strict.

Lots of ill people being denied benefit :-/

"Yeah I know

And don't start me on esa. ..I'm constantly sending in appeals and going to tribunals .... iv had ppl knocked off it that have a job to survive the day without go to work ..

But the scammers have created a society that they had to clamp down on so now they are super strict.

Lots of ill people being denied benefit :-/ "

Tell me about it, i had too fight a tribunal for my best friend/housemate who suffers from Severe depression and anxiety, and i had too fight tooth and nail too get his ESA back because the system is soo messed up, thankfully justice prevailed but it shouldn't have had too be that way, it took two years in total, and if i hadn't dragged him too court i think it would have been a different story.

I admit.. I claim benefits.. But my story is.. I look after my elderly disabled grandmother 24/7.. I worked all my life till my grandfather died and my gran had nobody to look after her.. So I stepped up to the mark.. Only way to look after her full time was to claim benefits.. But if something should happen to her (Touch wood it doesn't just yet) I will be going back to work.. So please don't tar everyone who claims benefits because nobody knows the real reason behind it..

By *atty_loves_curvesMan  over a year ago

South Wales

Now how is this fair? ?

Amen xx

Nail on the head

Seconded. It's all about setting examples in my opinion."

Definatly agree

This has been a really interesting thread to read; its had emotion and peoples real life experiences. I think most humans would like to protect the vunerable in socity, that is those who have, through no fault of there own, been put in a sitution where they need financial support from the state. But we have all seen families and indivduals that take the piss and tar the genuinely needed with a bad brush. The problem, as i see it, is creating a perfect benefits system that is taliored to the indivdual and yet does'nt cross media grabbing boundaries is very very difficult to put into place and administer. How to you physically stop a person who has never worked and has five children having that sixth child without crossing a moral line; and yet protect someone who has a genuine illness or problem that stops them from working. ATOS and target fixing certainly wasnt the answer, but what is?

Its been fasinating to read everyones views though.

PS Tits and Cocks are still intersting topics of conversation as well.

South Wales

"I admit.. I claim benefits.. But my story is.. I look after my elderly disabled grandmother 24/7.. I worked all my life till my grandfather died and my gran had nobody to look after her.. So I stepped up to the mark.. Only way to look after her full time was to claim benefits.. But if something should happen to her (Touch wood it doesn't just yet) I will be going back to work.. So please don't tar everyone who claims benefits because nobody knows the real reason behind it.. "

'I admit' sounds like you are doing something wrong, and you certainly are'nt.

South Wales

"Yeah I know

Lots of ill people being denied benefit :-/ "

I'd love to know what you know about universal credit and its rollout in this area, as i help quite a few people out around here with form filling. genuine people who need help from others and not the type who take there benefits for granted but do need financial help and support. Please PM me.

South Wales

"I'm a single mother of 3 and I work but I have a lot of support from family for childcare etc. I donit mainly for my own sanity aswell as to pay my mortgage and bills but it's nice to know at times like Christmas and birthdays that I have worked bloody hard to give them what they have, gives me a feeling of self worth. I rarely buy anything for myself apart from cider and fags

Childcare costs are so extortionate that it makes it impossible for some loan parents to even consider working. "

Love this.

My opinion is that the government should introduce vouchers and not cash and the benefits should cover bare necessities only, food clothing shelter and gas/elec/telephone/internet. Benefits should be for those in dire need. My mother raised me as a single parent and worked 5 jobs to support me. That's my 2 pence anyway!

GLF

By *3xymamaWoman  over a year ago

RCT

"For fuck sake it's a swingers site you lot need to get grip off your selfs

It's also a public forum where people are free to start threads on a topic of their choice."

Really interesting reading. It's good to see other people's views

newport

"My opinion is that the government should introduce vouchers and not cash and the benefits should cover bare necessities only, food clothing shelter and gas/elec/telephone/internet. Benefits should be for those in dire need. My mother raised me as a single parent and worked 5 jobs to support me. That's my 2 pence anyway!

GLF "

Wasn't this proposed by the slimy fuck IDS?

And then discounted as it would further demonise the unemployed? Imagine going round tesco with your state approved voucher or would they open special shirker shops that stock gruel and stuff. "Mum/dad can I have this please I've done really well in school this week and I have done my chores. Sorry Jane/John it's not on the list of things I'm allowed buy"

Now how is this fair? ?

Amen xx"

My children do understand you have to work to have the best of everything.i like I have said have been out of work but will be going back in sept.and as for the 20.00 comment I don't have family to have my kids and I will not have her pushed from pillar to post for that.

I've one child who has graduated through university and another who is in full time college.so yep my kids do ik and know to get sew here in life they need to achieve there goals

newport

[Removed by poster at 21/04/15 07:53:44]

newport

Fuck it I'm standing for election. That will allow me to take a tough stance on the unemployed and everyone else that generally fleeces the hard earning British tax payer. Now where are those forms so I can claim expenses for having my moat cleaned and my dogs ear wax harvested.

"My opinion is that the government should introduce vouchers and not cash and the benefits should cover bare necessities only, food clothing shelter and gas/elec/telephone/internet. Benefits should be for those in dire need. My mother raised me as a single parent and worked 5 jobs to support me. That's my 2 pence anyway!

GLF

And then discounted as it would further demonise the unemployed? Imagine going round tesco with your state approved voucher or would they open special shirker shops that stock gruel and stuff. "Mum/dad can I have this please I've done really well in school this week and I have done my chores. Sorry Jane/John it's not on the list of things I'm allowed buy" "

Or perhaps they could be in the form of supermarket vouchers? which would have conditions such as they could not be exchanged for tobacco/alcohol? Also this is another problem with society today, material rewarding, there are so many things that cost nothing, certain activities/parks/lakes/museums. Rewarding with constant material items is in my view lazy parenting. "John/jane, well done in school, how about we go for a walk around cosmeston, go for a forest adventure etc?

By *riveu2distractionMan  over a year ago

Nr Bridgend

I agree that society should take care of everyone but somebody pays for it. Personally I think I pay enough tax and NI each month. We all want our cake and eat it so to speak.

Now how is this fair? ?

Amen xx

My children do understand you have to work to have the best of everything.i like I have said have been out of work but will be going back in sept.and as for the 20.00 comment I don't have family to have my kids and I will not have her pushed from pillar to post for that.

I've one child who has graduated through university and another who is in full time college.so yep my kids do ik and know to get sew here in life they need to achieve there goals "

Wasn't directed at you ..I was more refering to the families I work with where the kids think it's normal to claim because three generations have before them..not ppl who have young children and no childcare child are costs take the piss x

GLF

And then discounted as it would further demonise the unemployed? Imagine going round tesco with your state approved voucher or would they open special shirker shops that stock gruel and stuff. "Mum/dad can I have this please I've done really well in school this week and I have done my chores. Sorry Jane/John it's not on the list of things I'm allowed buy"

Or perhaps they could be in the form of supermarket vouchers? which would have conditions such as they could not be exchanged for tobacco/alcohol? Also this is another problem with society today, material rewarding, there are so many things that cost nothing, certain activities/parks/lakes/museums. Rewarding with constant material items is in my view lazy parenting. "John/jane, well done in school, how about we go for a walk around cosmeston, go for a forest adventure etc?"

The sad reality is people would see them. Years ago I had mums that would see their milk token vouchers to buy heroin x

Sell ***

This whole thread is semantics. Benefits are there at the end of the day to help those who need help.

I'd always worked until I had my Little one. Some jobs took me over 2 hours each way to commute to.

Everyone is so focused on the financial side of benefits. And before you say that people don't need to justify themselves you're slating a whole group of people without knowing individual stories.

As Giggles said there's no way my little one is being passed from pillar to post. He's gone tthrough enough trauma with custody hearings, solicitors meetings let alone being forced to spend two weekends a month with his father.

He sees you have to work for things through family and gets the parenting he needs.

By *he mischiefsCouple  over a year ago

cardiff

I work with vulnerable... drug users..homeless etc... All of my clients are on benefits and it's part of my job to know every benefit inside out..to apply for them .appeals...tribunals etc. . So my points are from experience. .

Now how is this fair? ?

Amen xx"

Totally agree on all this I've missed out on my daughter first tooth, first steps etc... To go out to work but I've never given up I've always worked full time & I walk around head held high & pride in place xx

"This whole thread is semantics. Benefits are there at the end of the day to help those who need help.

I'd always worked until I had my Little one. Some jobs took me over 2 hours each way to commute to.

Everyone is so focused on the financial side of benefits. And before you say that people don't need to justify themselves you're slating a whole group of people without knowing individual stories.

As Giggles said there's no way my little one is being passed from pillar to post. He's gone tthrough enough trauma with custody hearings, solicitors meetings let alone being forced to spend two weekends a month with his father.

He sees you have to work for things through family and gets the parenting he needs.

"

Who's slating a whole group of people?

No one is slating anyone

My posts all say I understand people's points. Child care costs take the piss and I understand noone wants to pass their kids around for the sake of a few pound.

I said I choose to ...and gave my reason why... but.. its a personal decision. . Some mothers are unable to get help.. childcare. .suitable hours etc etc..

These are the reasons benefits are in place to help mothers in these positions...

I don't judge because nobody ever knows surrounding circumstances. ..If I lost my job today I too would need to claim to support my children ..

The ones that get people's back up are the ones claiming false sickness ...who have claimed all their lives and teach their children to.

Not the mothers temporarily claiming whilst they have young children... I don't because I have found a job with manageable hours that I can work around.

There are mps claiming more a week for luxuries than benefit claimer claim a month...They should be in the firing line not struggling single parents

I work with vulnerable... drug users..homeless etc... All of my clients are on benefits and it's part of my job to know every benefit inside out..to apply for them .appeals...tribunals etc. . So my points are from experience. .

Now how is this fair? ?

Amen xx

Totally agree on all this I've missed out on my daughter first tooth, first steps etc... To go out to work but I've never given up I've always worked full time & I walk around head held high & pride in place xx"

Good on you... its a difficult decision to make. . I missed out on all the same .. and the guilt was horrendous...

I used to cry when my daughter used to say to me why can't you pick me up like all the other mummy's. ... and I used to say I'd love to watch you skip out of class more than anything babe but I need to earn money for you to have nice things. I used to hate it.

Each mother has her own reasons for not being able to or choosing not to.. I chose to slog it because I felt I couldn't teach my eldest son to work hard in school to get a good job if I was at home on benefits myself ..so thought set an example.

This doesn't mean I'm slating anybody.

I do think the system is shit though.. childcare should be free... and there should be incentives for working single parents. ..For eg 0%interest loans like budgeting loans that claimants can access...or even just free school meals /uniforms/milk vouchers... working mums need help too..

its the system that is shit not the people claiming ...x

town

"This whole thread is semantics. Benefits are there at the end of the day to help those who need help.

"

The genuine claimants such as your self is fine and no one is begrudging paying into the pot for peeps such as your self its the peeps who play the system who get on my wick and the culture of 3 to 4 generations of familys who have never payed in to the pot but take everything out. you've payed in your parents have payed in you deserve all the help you can get

The genuine claimants such as your self is fine and no one is begrudging paying into the pot for peeps such as your self its the peeps who play the system who get on my wick and the culture of 3 to 4 generations of familys who have never payed in to the pot but take everything out. you've payed in your parents have payed in you deserve all the help you can get "

By *he mischiefsCouple  over a year ago

cardiff

Now how is this fair? ?

Amen xx

Totally agree on all this I've missed out on my daughter first tooth, first steps etc... To go out to work but I've never given up I've always worked full time & I walk around head held high & pride in place xx

Good on you... its a difficult decision to make. . I missed out on all the same .. and the guilt was horrendous...

I used to cry when my daughter used to say to me why can't you pick me up like all the other mummy's. ... and I used to say I'd love to watch you skip out of class more than anything babe but I need to earn money for you to have nice things. I used to hate it.

Each mother has her own reasons for not being able to or choosing not to.. I chose to slog it because I felt I couldn't teach my eldest son to work hard in school to get a good job if I was at home on benefits myself ..so thought set an example.

I do think the system is shit though.. childcare should be free... and there should be incentives for working single parents. ..For eg 0%interest loans like budgeting loans that claimants can access...or even just free school meals /uniforms/milk vouchers... working mums need help too..

"

Very true words being spoken, like your self I can see all sides & everyone has different circumstances, but for me it's the greedy beggars who have no intention of ever working

& again this sort of subject will always cause some sort of debate unfortunately xx

Rather a sweeping statement without knowing the full story.

Now how is this fair? ?

Amen xx

Very true words being spoken, like your self I can see all sides & everyone has different circumstances, but for me it's the greedy beggars who have no intention of ever working

& again this sort of subject will always cause some sort of debate unfortunately xx"

Exactlyyyy....

Everyone has different opinions.. and subjects like these will always cause offence or disagreements xx

By *urpinMan  over a year ago

Cwmbran/Swansea

I've always been lucky and able to get a half decent job but I reckon benefits do have a knock on effect on pay. Employers have to pay the lowest wages they can if they want to be able to compete with other companies. If benefits were not available then pay rates would drop like a stone. I do agree that the system is a mess and some people abuse it but if you want to make it completely fair, you end up spending more on running it.

It's a hard old life and I really don't think there's any easy answers. That's why we got swinging

OK,I am going to get some stick for this one.

We live in a society where everyone assumes they are 'entitled' to benefits. Lots of posts about it not being worth working as it only makes you slightly better off. Whatever happened to personal pride? Whatever happened to social responsibility?

OK, childcare is a valid reason to stay off work (single parents and couples on low wages for example), but there is no reason for many people to choose benefits over work.

If you are out of work and looking for work, claim your benefits, you need them. If you are not willing to work, tough, live with less.

Totally agree with this its cause of people like this that theres so many cuts to benefits effecting people like myself im a 22 year old single mum to a 4 year old who dont start full time school till sept who needs the help of benefits atm but as soon as my daughter is in full time school I will be looking for part time job for myself more than anything x

No matter how you dress it up, people collecting benefits illegally affects us all. The money they get illegally has to come from somewhere, ie, tax payers. As a tax payer I would rather my taxes go towards Health or Education or genuine benefit claimants. Everyone can fall on hard times or circumstances can change and there by the grace of God go us all, but that's still no excuse to claim illegally......can I just point out that this post isn't directed at anyone who's posted on here, it's just my personal opinion. X

I've loved reading other people's views on this.

And a thread lile this just goes to show that not all benefit claimer are lazy,drug addicts,screwing the system over.

I for one like a few other single parents on this thread will be looking for work as soon as my child enters full time school in September.

I for one never thought for one minute I would be where I am today but thats life and im still smiling lol

At least everyone here is adult enough to respect everyone's opinions..not one argument gas broken out..

I seen this thread in singers chat and it proper erupted lol

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"As a follow up to my previous comment regarding the demonising of the unemployed. I have a number of friends who claim unemployment benefit but work cash in hand. Most of them work longer and harder than I do and good fucking luck to them. The prevalence of zero hours contracts and the so called minimum wage mean some people have to work this way to survive.

Yes there are people who milk the system but that's a culture thing now. It's so ingrained in many people it's just a way of life. But should the poorest people who are honest, the majority, suffer because of the minority? Or should we be concentrating on the most well off making a fair contribution rather than hiding behind dodgy avoidance schemes. My radical idea to eliminate the deficit etc is up income tax by 1% across the board for a fixed period say 2 years rather than take more money from people who've got fuck all to give in the first place

I've got no problem with people claiming everything they're entitled to, but cash in hand is a problem for me.

1) no tax or national insurance means that they can undercut genuine people for any job.

2) no tax or national insurance means we, the rest of us with proper jobs are paying more than we have to, or the loss of money to the treasury is keeping taxes higher than they need to be.

"

. The other issue with cash in the hand is that if a tradesman is prepared to defraud HMRC , he is also likely to defraud you as well , and in addition with probably have no liability insurance . Cash in the hand workers have an unfair advantage over legitimate businneses and their tactics give genuine businesses a bad reputation sometimes .

" I've got no problem with people claiming everything they're entitled to, but cash in hand is a problem for me.

. The other issue with cash in the hand is that if a tradesman is prepared to defraud HMRC , he is also likely to defraud you as well , and in addition with probably have no liability insurance . Cash in the hand workers have an unfair advantage over legitimate businneses and their tactics give genuine businesses a bad reputation sometimes ."

Its as if cash in hand work is the biggest crime there is! Do what you have to do to survive in life i say...if i had to employ someone cash in hand for a week or so trial then id do it... does that give me an unfair advantage over so called 'legitimate' businesses?

Well i have just scaned all the way through here and after starting this he has not made a comment since.I would have thought he would have tried to explain himself so by this i guess he guilty

You can't guess someone is guilty?? Maybe he hadn't been online? Maybe he hasn't checked forum responses?

I know benefit fraud is wrong but my mam worked two jobs on the fiddle to bring up four kids. Yes she did wrong but my mam slogged her guts for her kids and fairplay we never went without and she did her best and more.

May get shit for this but I got nothing but total respect for my mam and she did what she had to do for her kids regardless the conquenences

"I know benefit fraud is wrong but my mam worked two jobs on the fiddle to bring up four kids. Yes she did wrong but my mam slogged her guts for her kids and fairplay we never went without and she did her best and more.

May get shit for this but I got nothing but total respect for my mam and she did what she had to do for her kids regardless the conquenences "

GLF

And then discounted as it would further demonise the unemployed? Imagine going round tesco with your state approved voucher or would they open special shirker shops that stock gruel and stuff. "Mum/dad can I have this please I've done really well in school this week and I have done my chores. Sorry Jane/John it's not on the list of things I'm allowed buy" "

I have no problem with anyone claiming any benefit, I was brought up on benefits after my parents divorced and my mam was left to bring up 4 children on her own,

I work, my wife works and it's not that we are better off working all the time it's more to do with self worth and self confidence aswell as the example that it sets to our children

I believe that benefits are a good thing and should continue but need to be kept in check if someone does a bit of fiddle work so be it but when they are claiming tax credits for their family and it's being paid to another country that takes the piss they should have to at least be resident in this country....

And this government also would not be in the mess it is if it realised that charity begins at home and worried about its own people living in poverty and homeless rather than somewhere else

Right on to tits and arse

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"OK,I am going to get some stick for this one.

We live in a society where everyone assumes they are 'entitled' to benefits. Lots of posts about it not being worth working as it only makes you slightly better off. Whatever happened to personal pride? Whatever happened to social responsibility?

OK, childcare is a valid reason to stay off work (single parents and couples on low wages for example), but there is no reason for many people to choose benefits over work.

If you are out of work and looking for work, claim your benefits, you need them. If you are not willing to work, tough, live with less."

. Excellent post and many people will agree with you 100% . Far too many people think they are entitled to benefits . Some people have no sense of pride or shame .

The sense of entitlement does annoy me... because they are there and you meet qualifying conditions. ..don't mean you have to grab it because your entitled... They should be there for cases of desperation not ah fk it I'm entitled.

Way too many people claiming hand outs just because "I can"

We could all probably wangle things to meet criteria for eg I could claim income support as single parent or ESA and say depression

But I agree with above...self worth. .. pride... social responsibility etc

Wish everyone one in this country had more pride in themselves we would all be better off

» Add a new message to this topic