FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Welsh Chat? Should the room be split? North Wales/South Wales?

Welsh Chat? Should the room be split? North Wales/South Wales?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I just popped into Welsh chat room for the first time in say, a month, felt a fish out of water... from being quite active in there i stepped back in expecting a big 'croeso nol'... but nothing.... nowt... i felt like a newbie again....Ignored....

Maybe it's because, as a Mid Wales lad, iv'e been firing my guns towards North Wales.... but it struck me...... i don't see many North Walian's pop in there? Even when i was very active.

Maybe it's time to admit to the North/South divide..... we voted for the assembly... the South didn't.. the South benefit from the assembly... North & Mid haven't... then there's the Welsh language.... i don't know...

I used to joke, in jest, about the South Wales Taffia... maybe i was nearer to the truth than i thought...or maybe i'm just feeling sorry for myself tonight! LOL

It could also just be that may of the 'big fish', who were always so welcoming,have left... & i need to throw myself back in there & stick with it.

So peeps... it's over to you.. Should there be 2 rooms or do we have a common ground?!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

so every county in england manage to converse in one room, but you think the welsh cant?

any chat room, will only be what you put in. by your own admission, you sat back and kept quiet, why would you expect people to say anything if you didnt?

go back in the welsh room, and start to chat to those already there, you will enjoy it again.

everyone is here for the one comman factor.. swinging

MartnDebz. That's the point. I did 'chat'... but i might as well have been writing in invisible ink! Maybe i'm just having a bad night...................

sometimes if the chat is moving along quickly, it is easy to miss a comment mind. especially if no one is looking for it.

also, tend to find if there are a few cams on, then the chat is somewhat 2nd place lol

keep at it though, it isnt a north south thing thats for sure

Thanks! My faith is a little restored! Not like me to have a moan.. i hope... .... not like this anyway...... will pop in to chat tommorow & probably regret even putting up this post..... Sometimes it's best to count to ten before you 'overeact'... i forgot that rule tonight!

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Completely agrre with Matndebz, chat is sometimes hard to keep up with.

I was on last night, chatting to friends and newbies alike, but many times I had to re-post as my comment to a person would be missed, so its easy to see how it can be difficult for those who are new, or not regulars!

No fecker ever talks to me in chat, but there ya go I is used to being ignored, I sometimes end up chatting to myself in there, at least then I have a tidy conversation. There always has been, and always will be a north south divide, and I do believe it's a language thing, but ffs no bugger would hold that against you in a chat room, we is all more alike when we gets our kits off mun

I feel an arse now! I was rather tired & emotional last night.... Can i do a 'Wayne Rooney' & change my mind?...... after pocketing some two hundred grand a week though......

we have also been in the welsh chat room and find it difficult to chat to others,so maybe there is a north south divide????

By *ev and TrevCouple  over a year ago

cardiff

maybe in the real world there is a north south divide but as far as the chat room is concerned i don't believe that to be true.

there has been alot of talk lately about the wales room having a clique but i truely believe that as in other things in life you get out of it what you put in. i have often gone into the general room and been completely ignored but i know if i persevered people would start chatting.

if there are alot of people in the room and its moving quickly its hard to keep up but if ever someone comes in and says hi i always reply as do alot of others but its easy to be missed too i have been in there for 10 minutes sometimes, said hi and had no response, its not that people are being rude its just that they don't notice you!

OK rant over lol

"maybe in the real world there is a north south divide but as far as the chat room is concerned i don't believe that to be true.

there has been alot of talk lately about the wales room having a clique but i truely believe that as in other things in life you get out of it what you put in. i have often gone into the general room and been completely ignored but i know if i persevered people would start chatting.

if there are alot of people in the room and its moving quickly its hard to keep up but if ever someone comes in and says hi i always reply as do alot of others but its easy to be missed too i have been in there for 10 minutes sometimes, said hi and had no response, its not that people are being rude its just that they don't notice you!

OK rant over lol "

North South divide ??? Cant see it myself, Im English and have always been welcome to chat in the Wales room where if there ever was a divide it would be England Wales divide.

There is however an obvious Clique in the Wales room but that is only if you dont try and chat. Time and effort (as in all aspects of life) are all you need to get along and as for fast chat in the room........................ I miss more than I read on a busy night.

Stick with it Seymour m8, the people of Wales are great it just takes time.

If you see us please say Hi and if its busy we are not ignoring you we just missed you

By *herylonCouple  over a year ago

nr haverfordwest

whats this north south divide west and mid wales been wiped off the map again

By *ill-living-in-spainWoman  over a year ago

mazarron spain

I think the fact that there are more in the south makes a difference. On other sites we find our selves in a north west room as they are closer to us, and although there used to be a north wales room it didnt last long as there were never many in it

"whats this north south divide west and mid wales been wiped off the map again"

Figure of speech !!! Sorry if offence caused but we class ourselves as WEST even tho it only Llanelli !!!!

"I think the fact that there are more in the south makes a difference. On other sites we find our selves in a north west room as they are closer to us, and although there used to be a north wales room it didnt last long as there were never many in it"

Sth Wales room going the same way on another site, dont think I have seen more than 10 in unless a fem is playing on cam then it full of all types of peeps directing !!!!! lol

I think everyone is great personally!

Mind you i talk hind legs off a donkey!

Hey ho! firmly agree if you butt in make yerself known add a few humourous comments people do talk! :D

Room does move fast most nites ! i miss loads but if i dont reply to a "hi room" it is genuinly because i havnt seen it oppsy!

Anyways have fun people!!! we all lovers not haters!!

I think everyone has missed the point! I'm a regular in Welsh chat & always throw myself into chat. I went awol for a month & went back in... felt like a newbie on friday! Popped in tonight & it was 'back to normal', thank god!

Personaly i wish a few more Mid & North Wales would pop in to even it out a bit!

P.S. Bunny..... i have noticed you do like to 'chat' in there... a lot! LOL

As a North Wales guy, i dont see a North & South divide at all. Every time im in some will always say hello. I usually just get on and follow streams that interest me. So i must Vote NO to a seperate room for North and South. Yes, chat moves at a pace, that's the essence of the room. I have many firends from the south whom i have met in chat. SO please do not create a seperate room.

Well m8 am sorry to say i am disgusted that u decide to partially use politics in a chat room .. and a swinging chat room .. if you leave a room for a while people forget ya as in all aspects of life.

Get back in room if you want and build up chat friends again.

Sad only thing you can think of is what i call words of racism.. north n south... get a grip

Racism? Politics?

Last time i checked the forums where there to discuss whatever you liked, within reason. The fact that it has sparked a bit of debate is a good thing surely? Or do you want people who don't conform to your view of the World to remain silent?

Everyone has a right to their opinion. Guess i'll continue to 'disgust' & remain 'sad'....

think you sound like maybe yr feeling sorry for yrself ....a north south wales divide ...should this even be aired in a swinging chatroom ?????? yr post takes swinging politics to errrrr well politics ! and eres me thinking spose to be light hearted an a bit of fun im from manchester so wot next a ban on the english entering wales chatroom and vice versa !!!

I don't talk poltics in the chatroom..... this is not the chatroom by the way... this is the forum ..... last time i checked there is a difference!

As for the comments, as ive already said in a previous post, things were getting back to 'normal' in chat & i might have been quick off the mark starting this forum post but nobody appears to be reading my posts in detail it seems!

I do think that many of my Mid/North Wales breathren seem to avoid the Welsh chatroom & was mereley expressing the possible reasons why. To those who have given a postive, if differing view to my post. Thanks. For those who decided to give me a verbal 'kick in'.....

you started going on about the "welsh political assembly" errrrrrrrr sounds like politics to me!!! then along the lines of the south didnt vote but the north did so on that basis u suggest north south welsh chatrooms??? ...yeah im fully aware of the differnce btween a forum and a chatroom ......regarding yr last bit ....your very welcome m8 ..anytime

[Removed by poster at 29/10/10 17:02:33]

» Add a new message to this topic