FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > france

france

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Since a young age I've fought all over the world, every day terrorism is getting closer and closer to our doors

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/11/15 17:39:29]

"Since a young age I've fought all over the world, every day terrorism is getting closer and closer to our doors"
it's frightening last message was supposed to read

I really feel for the poor bugger over there

Terrible what's gone on in Paris but it has to be expected after all the civilised west has destroyed parts of the middle east.

It wasnt just Paris though was it. What about Lebanon? The earthquake in Japan? Its thought the total number of lives lost on Friday was in the region of roughly 115000. But we just concentrate on France because thats what the propoganga machines tell us to do!

I was think more of how close to him it was

"It wasnt just Paris though was it. What about Lebanon? The earthquake in Japan? Its thought the total number of lives lost on Friday was in the region of roughly 115000. But we just concentrate on France because thats what the propoganga machines tell us to do!"

I don't think you can just blame propaganda

I worry more about France purely because it is far closer to us than Lebanon etc

And also an earthquake is a natural occurence which noone could have prevented.... what happened in Paris was needless mass murder of innocent people by evil individuals

By *onnieandclyde69777Couple  over a year ago

birmingham

"It wasnt just Paris though was it. What about Lebanon? The earthquake in Japan? Its thought the total number of lives lost on Friday was in the region of roughly 115000. But we just concentrate on France because thats what the propoganga machines tell us to do!

I worry more about France purely because it is far closer to us than Lebanon etc

And also an earthquake is a natural occurence which noone could have prevented.... what happened in Paris was needless mass murder of innocent people by evil individuals"

I agree! So sad and worrying

"It wasnt just Paris though was it. What about Lebanon? The earthquake in Japan? Its thought the total number of lives lost on Friday was in the region of roughly 115000. But we just concentrate on France because thats what the propoganga machines tell us to do!

And also an earthquake is a natural occurence which noone could have prevented.... what happened in Paris was needless mass murder of innocent people by evil individuals"

Big place France far bigger land and sea borders much harder than us to make secure. The security is very tight with armed police and we felt very safe knowing this when we were in Disneyland Paris but only takes a few individuals to cause carnage. I feel for all countries where there is violence some on a daily basis. Mr W

A man works for me who is from turkey made an interesting theory the other day.

He said slowly they fetch themselves into our countries bit by bit and they do this not for living its for when the actual war does start they will already have any army on our doorsteps

"A man works for me who is from turkey made an interesting theory the other day.

He said slowly they fetch themselves into our countries bit by bit and they do this not for living its for when the actual war does start they will already have any army on our doorsteps "

This is why I don't understand all this "Close the borders" rubbish you see all over Facebook. These evil individuals are already in the countries they want to be in and have been for sometime, many even being born in the western countries which they now target. Closing the borders will not stop them. The one thing that massively frightens me is how long before they start targetting schools??

"A man works for me who is from turkey made an interesting theory the other day.

He said slowly they fetch themselves into our countries bit by bit and they do this not for living its for when the actual war does start they will already have any army on our doorsteps

This is why I don't understand all this "Close the borders" rubbish you see all over Facebook. These evil individuals are already in the countries they want to be in and have been for sometime, many even being born in the western countries which they now target. Closing the borders will not stop them. The one thing that massively frightens me is how long before they start targetting schools??"

And hospitals the film the siege springs to mind in my eyes

That's right Evil individuals and that's what they are. How can one equate to how one human life is worth more than another purely because of where they were born?

I mentioned Lebanon and Japans earthquake because they were NOT mentioned in mainstream media!

By *rown ThunderMan  over a year ago

newport

And also an earthquake is a natural occurence which noone could have prevented.... what happened in Paris was needless mass murder of innocent people by evil individuals

That's right Evil individuals and that's what they are. How can one equate to how one human life is worth more than another purely because of where they were born?

I mentioned Lebanon and Japans earthquake because they were NOT mentioned in mainstream media! "

And you are absolutely right to mention Lebanon..etc whats happened in France happens in Somalia..Kenya..Palestine..Iraq..

on a daily basis.

Its only when white lives are taken is when our media takes notice...

I think it's best to get a sense of perspective and realise the chance of any of us becoming a victim of terrorism is so incredibly small as to not be worth worrying about.

If you really want to do something about it, start by asking why certain countries are getting attacked in the first place?

I mentioned Lebanon and Japans earthquake because they were NOT mentioned in mainstream media!

And you are absolutely right to mention Lebanon..etc whats happened in France happens in Somalia..Kenya..Palestine..Iraq..

on a daily basis.

Its only when white lives are taken is when our media takes notice...

"

France is part of the E.U and is not that far from the U.K in comparison to African countries etc

It is also a very popular holiday destination for British tourists which can't really be said for Lebanon, Somalia etc

Of course British people are going to feel more affected by it

To say it is because it is white people and that the media ignore non white people or whatever is particularly the attitude society could do without at the moment

Its not about colour,race or religion. Its about the needless loss of innocent lives all over the world.

Of course we are at risk 7,7 comes to mind

Unfortunately nutters are nutters, and can't be legislated against. The IRA continued their war for a very long time without being stopped, because much as I hate to say it, terrorism is an extremely effective strategy.

What's worse about the current wave of Islamic extremist terrorism is that it is also a rather cleverly designed method of recruitment.

Because (generally speaking, I'm well aware that people of all races can be Muslim) the archetypal Muslim is easily identified by often being of Asian descent, perhaps wearing a taqiyah or burka or similar traditional garb, it makes it very easy for them to be ostracised each time something like this happens.

Combine that with the message that the minority of imams who are actively preaching hatred are putting out - you're different, you're not accepted, join us.

So let's say you're a peaceful Muslim in Paris. ISIS pull another horrific incident. All of a sudden nobody wants to sit next to you on the bus, or stand next to you in the supermarket. You go home, and all of a sudden, that hateful message begins to resonate. You *do* feel less of a part of the community, an outsider. It starts to make sense to withdraw, stay within your community, not integrate with your fellow citizens.

So by committing further acts of terrorism, ISIS create a divide between non violent Muslims and the rest of society, which then encourages people otherwise on the fence to join their ridiculous cause and submit themselves for brainwashing and training.

It's a vicious circle that we have very little control over. And that's perhaps the part that frightens me the most.

Obviously, opinion only, your mileage may vary, don't forget to tip your waitress etc etc.

"Unfortunately nutters are nutters, and can't be legislated against. The IRA continued their war for a very long time without being stopped, because much as I hate to say it, terrorism is an extremely effective strategy.

What's worse about the current wave of Islamic extremist terrorism is that it is also a rather cleverly designed method of recruitment.

Because (generally speaking, I'm well aware that people of all races can be Muslim) the archetypal Muslim is easily identified by often being of Asian descent, perhaps wearing a taqiyah or burka or similar traditional garb, it makes it very easy for them to be ostracised each time something like this happens.

Combine that with the message that the minority of imams who are actively preaching hatred are putting out - you're different, you're not accepted, join us.

So let's say you're a peaceful Muslim in Paris. ISIS pull another horrific incident. All of a sudden nobody wants to sit next to you on the bus, or stand next to you in the supermarket. You go home, and all of a sudden, that hateful message begins to resonate. You *do* feel less of a part of the community, an outsider. It starts to make sense to withdraw, stay within your community, not integrate with your fellow citizens.

So by committing further acts of terrorism, ISIS create a divide between non violent Muslims and the rest of society, which then encourages people otherwise on the fence to join their ridiculous cause and submit themselves for brainwashing and training.

It's a vicious circle that we have very little control over. And that's perhaps the part that frightens me the most.

Obviously, opinion only, your mileage may vary, don't forget to tip your waitress etc etc. "

Exactly. It's ISIS that want the world to turn against Muslims, NOT the media

By *otsoSnowWhiteWoman  over a year ago

My Ice Castle! South Wales

Well said Mr Hock!

when I was growing up in South Wales 30-40 years ago, I never saw 'radical' Muslims on the streets, the first instance was around the Salmon Rusdie affair The Satanic verses a complex book that challenges Islam heterodoxy, moreover, we were arming jihadists against the Russians in Afghanistan in particular Osama Bin Laden was a recipient of western military aid.

Secondly the rise in Islamic 'terrorism' is a western phenomenon; bombing and propping these countries dictators when it suited the west against soviet communism.

Middle eastern people aren't stupid they know who created the problem in the first place i.e western imperialism including the UK and why because of OIL. we need to look at the root cause, although you cannot condone individual acts of terror in France it is unacceptable - someone terrorist is someone else's freedom fighter!!!

I agree with you Mike for the most part. Unfortunately.

Here is a radical idea. Whilst I appreciate it may be difficult for the genuine non-violent Muslim community to integrate into society following such events, they could also take some responsibility for the problems that will be created by them keeping themselves to themselves.

I'll elaborate. Where is a mass public show of intolerance from the true Muslims? Where are they demonstrating that they are in protest to the acts of terrorism. Why have the news not reported that there is outrage from these people and that they have collectively spoken out about their opposition to the extremists.

Forgive me if I am wrong but from where I sit, I am yet to see them come out from their hiding corners which is why as I say it is a 2 way street. If they do not want to be segregated and avoided on buses or in supermarkets then they need to make the effort to stand united with us in the intolerance of radicalised extremist behaviours.

For the record I am not racist and I will happily befriend anyone if I get along with them.

I am not a religious person but many of my family and friends are and have different faiths. We all manage to live nicely amongst one another though so please do not see the above post as an attack on religion.

It is merely an observation and the expression that we ALL need to learn to understand one another's beliefs and respect one another. For that to work there has to be tolerance and acceptance and the ability to speak out regardless of creed, colour or Nationality against unacceptable acts of terror.

Each of us as humans have a responsibility to strive to live in a civilised society.

"I agree with you Mike for the most part. Unfortunately.

Here is a radical idea. Whilst I appreciate it may be difficult for the genuine non-violent Muslim community to integrate into society following such events, they could also take some responsibility for the problems that will be created by them keeping themselves to themselves.

I'll elaborate. Where is a mass public show of intolerance from the true Muslims? Where are they demonstrating that they are in protest to the acts of terrorism. Why have the news not reported that there is outrage from these people and that they have collectively spoken out about their opposition to the extremists.

Forgive me if I am wrong but from where I sit, I am yet to see them come out from their hiding corners which is why as I say it is a 2 way street. If they do not want to be segregated and avoided on buses or in supermarkets then they need to make the effort to stand united with us in the intolerance of radicalised extremist behaviours."

That's not quite the point I was trying to make, I was only pointing out the fiendishly clever design.

AFAIK, you're right, there hasn't been any official statement made, but individuals are using Twitter (#notinmyname #iamamuslim etc) to speak out.

Either a statement hasn't been made, or it hasn't been promoted in the media, but I agree that a public statement of condemnation would be a bloody good idea and go some way to calming the waters.

"I agree with you Mike for the most part. Unfortunately.

Forgive me if I am wrong but from where I sit, I am yet to see them come out from their hiding corners which is why as I say it is a 2 way street. If they do not want to be segregated and avoided on buses or in supermarkets then they need to make the effort to stand united with us in the intolerance of radicalised extremist behaviours.

That's not quite the point I was trying to make, I was only pointing out the fiendishly clever design.

AFAIK, you're right, there hasn't been any official statement made, but individuals are using Twitter (#notinmyname #iamamuslim etc) to speak out.

Either a statement hasn't been made, or it hasn't been promoted in the media, but I agree that a public statement of condemnation would be a bloody good idea and go some way to calming the waters.

"

In that case please forgive my ignorance and I'll see you on the other side as I may have just committed fabicide.

"In that case please forgive my ignorance and I'll see you on the other side as I may have just committed fabicide. "

Haha! I don't think anyone would mistake what you've written as racism (Islam is a religion, innit), and it's entirely understandable to be outraged after such a tragic and pointless loss of life.

"In that case please forgive my ignorance and I'll see you on the other side as I may have just committed fabicide.

Haha! I don't think anyone would mistake what you've written as racism (Islam is a religion, innit), and it's entirely understandable to be outraged after such a tragic and pointless loss of life. "

Yes Islam is a religion not a race. I have no idea what the terminology is for not being discriminative of "peaceful" religious beliefs. I highlighted racism as I was trying to portray that irrespective of race, religion and Nationality we are all just people and that I take people at face value. I should have more specifically clarified that point.

My apologies.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that if we in the West simply stopped meddling in their countries in the first place, IS wouldn't even exist and the West might not be being attacked by them.

"Here is a radical idea. Whilst I appreciate it may be difficult for the genuine non-violent Muslim community to integrate into society following such events, they could also take some responsibility for the problems that will be created by them keeping themselves to themselves.

Forgive me if I am wrong but from where I sit, I am yet to see them come out from their hiding corners which is why as I say it is a 2 way street. If they do not want to be segregated and avoided on buses or in supermarkets then they need to make the effort to stand united with us in the intolerance of radicalised extremist behaviours."

But they did.

The Muslim Council for Britain immediately issued a statement condemning the attacks in Paris, just as many high profile Muslims have also done.

But think of it the other way around...

Were you on the streets apologising on behalf of Christians when Anders Breivik killed all those people in Norway in the name of a Christian crusade?

It's the same difference. And a dangerously divisive argument.

"I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that if we in the West simply stopped meddling in their countries in the first place, IS wouldn't even exist and the West might not be being attacked by them. "

But they do exist and "what ifs" won't change that unfortunately

True, but what if we simply left them to get on with it?

By *rown ThunderMan  over a year ago

newport

"Here is a radical idea. Whilst I appreciate it may be difficult for the genuine non-violent Muslim community to integrate into society following such events, they could also take some responsibility for the problems that will be created by them keeping themselves to themselves.

But they did.

The Muslim Council for Britain immediately issued a statement condemning the attacks in Paris, just as many high profile Muslims have also done.

Were you on the streets apologising on behalf of Christians when Anders Breivik killed all those people in Norway in the name of a Christian crusade?

It's the same difference. And a dangerously divisive argument. "

Excellent point made..don't see any responses...

"Its not about colour,race or religion. Its about the needless loss of innocent lives all over the world."

Exactly the loss of lives.....ALL needless

But they did.

It's the same difference. And a dangerously divisive argument.

Excellent point made..don't see any responses...

"

Media really? In my own personal opinion they are far too biased and are told what yo report on etc

As for not seeing Muslims demonsrating has one forgotten about the uprising in Egypt, Tuniaisa etc....are they not Muslim countries?

As for Turkey who are a part of the EU, where are the apologies from Turkey for allowing Syrian oil to be sold by IS for funding. Where is our governments apology for funding rebel/terrorist groups who are trying to overthrow a democratically elected government?

» Add a new message to this topic