FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > BANNING DELILAH !!!

BANNING DELILAH !!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

There's calls now by mps like Chris Bryant of the Rhondda to ban the great rugby anthem from matches now what's your views guys ????

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They can fuck off

We will sing whatever the fuck we like

"They can fuck off

We will sing whatever the fuck we like "

Like to see them trying to ban 70 thousand people from singing the song lol

Singing in pubs in Scotland was banned until the the Welsh visited. They couldn't lock up 2000,000 Welshmen don't think some twat of an mp is going to stop us.

Check out the post on the morning local weather butt Facebook page about it lol

I think it's a good shout to be fair, you should get a proper song...... Like swing low!!! ????

And let the banter begin....

"I think it's a good shout to be fair, you should get a proper song...... Like swing low!!! ????

And let the banter begin...."

You know where you can stick them chariots ha ha ha

"I think it's a good shout to be fair, you should get a proper song...... Like swing low!!! ????

You know where you can stick them chariots ha ha ha "

Up the welsh?? Or would that be a wrong turn lol

"

The most boring song ever

After God Save the Queen obviously

After God Save the Queen obviously"

GSTQ has to be the most miserable sounding dirge of all time...talk about lacking character!

Thought all the chariots were melted down after they were abandoned after the rugby World Cup ? ??????????

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

Right confession time.

I used to love the singing at the ground, but I really, really hate Delilah. Always did.

It's not the lyrical content, I just hate the tune for some reason. I appreciate this isn't rational and just one of those weird personal prejudices. I still joined in mind.

To be honest with you, it really saddens me at the MS. I'm old enough to remember going when the crowd got in an hour before the game and proper, proper choral singing started soon after. It was unique and beautiful. Hate the MS, flashing lights and effing DJ Spoony. All countries can do that.

Sorry, I'm an extremely grumpy old git on this

[Removed by poster at 06/02/16 08:58:43]

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

Crowds will always sing the songs they want to sing . At fooball matches rugby and even cricket to a certain extent

my gripe is when are england going to get their own anthem instead of using "god save the queen" which is supposed to represent the uk Not just england ?????

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

And as for that mp from the Rhondda you think he d be more concerned about banning unemplyment in hi area rather than waisting his public paid for time on this

By *astmeetswest77Couple  over a year ago

monmouth

"There's calls now by mps like Chris Bryant of the Rhondda to ban the great rugby anthem from matches now what's your views guys ???? "

Chris Bryant get a life you fucktard!

sing it louder and sing it prouder Taffs.

And let the banter begin...."

You mean the traditional African slave song that for some reason the Saes have decided should be a rugby anthem?

West Wales and Cardiff

You mean the traditional African slave song that for some reason the Saes have decided should be a rugby anthem?"

Funnily enough, you'd hear Wales fans sing it too before England "adopted" it in around 1988.

You'd hear sung by us it in the pubs before and after every game. It was one of those "traditional" songs that rugby clubs sang and didn't belong to a country as such.

I have a feeling that it became more popular after a Lions documentary in the 1970s that showed the players singing it. I'm sure that was the case with Sloop John B too. Used to hear great versions of that in the pub

You mean the traditional African slave song that for some reason the Saes have decided should be a rugby anthem?

Funnily enough, you'd hear Wales fans sing it too before England "adopted" it in around 1988.

You'd hear sung by us it in the pubs before and after every game. It was one of those "traditional" songs that rugby clubs sang and didn't belong to a country as such.

I have a feeling that it became more popular after a Lions documentary in the 1970s that showed the players singing it. I'm sure that was the case with Sloop John B too. Used to hear great versions of that in the pub "

Thankfully I was only born in '85

I have a feeling that it became more popular after a Lions documentary in the 1970s that showed the players singing it. I'm sure that was the case with Sloop John B too. Used to hear great versions of that in the pub

Thankfully I was only born in '85"

I remember wen this was ALLLLLL FEILDS ha ha

West Wales and Cardiff

Thankfully I was only born in '85.

I remember wen this was ALLLLLL FEILDS ha ha "

Oi - you're no spring chicken!

True though - pubs full of Wales fans used to sing it.

True though - pubs full of Wales fans used to sing it."

Not any more

(Have gone quiet as everything you say is true, and not sure I could live with the ribbing when the scots beat us) lol

[Removed by poster at 06/02/16 14:51:13]

West Wales and Cardiff

True though - pubs full of Wales fans used to sing it.

Not any more "

We don't sing anything much anymore

Don't go to international games anymore, atmosphere is shit to what it used to be! No one knows the words to sing, couldn't beat the atmosphere in old arms park in the terraces. Non stop singing, being shoved everywhere and piss running down the steps lol

By *eepndarkMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

GSTQ has to be the most miserable sounding dirge of all time...talk about lacking character! "

It is utter dirge. What does it mean? Save her from what? Taxes I reckon

GSTQ has to be the most miserable sounding dirge of all time...talk about lacking character!

It is utter dirge. What does it mean? Save her from what? Taxes I reckon "

Dunno but bet she's bored shitless of hearing it

The traditional singing is a reflection of our society. Most people work long hours and away from home so the community's are changing.

The local choirs used to be a focal point for the men in the community and they would get together and sing all the traditional hymns - no those choirs are struggling with numbers as their older members pass on and as such the singing disappears. I remember as a big coming down on international day and there were men in larger groups from all over wales proudly wearing the choir jumpers it was their best outfit and work with pride and that is where then the singing would come from.

Now it's full of men and women who see it as a day out to show their passion for the game 75% of the crowd don't watch their local rugby team and don't understand the rules and it's slowly turning into a football crowd I'm sad to say. They belt out the National anthem and then all chant Wales Wales Wales rather than Sing the anthemic songs of the past.

I like the lights flames and smoke prior to the game and no one who has tried can match the MS for that it's not quite the haka but it will intimidate some sides

West Wales and Cardiff

"The traditional singing is a reflection of our society. Most people work long hours and away from home so the community's are changing.

The local choirs used to be a focal point for the men in the community and they would get together and sing all the traditional hymns - no those choirs are struggling with numbers as their older members pass on and as such the singing disappears. I remember as a big coming down on international day and there were men in larger groups from all over wales proudly wearing the choir jumpers it was their best outfit and work with pride and that is where then the singing would come from.

Now it's full of men and women who see it as a day out to show their passion for the game 75% of the crowd don't watch their local rugby team and don't understand the rules and it's slowly turning into a football crowd I'm sad to say. They belt out the National anthem and then all chant Wales Wales Wales rather than Sing the anthemic songs of the past.

I like the lights flames and smoke prior to the game and no one who has tried can match the MS for that it's not quite the haka but it will intimidate some sides "

I'm trying to stop moaning, but I just want to say I agree with this.

In fairness, if you're under 40, you wouldn't have first hand experience of the old days. I'm just a bit sad for kids and younger adults because I remember going when 10-15 songs were sung properly one after the other.

Fans of other countries loved it too and you'd see people in tears. It was unique in world sport.

People might belt out the anthem and a verse of H&A (ironic), but that's it. Everyone just sits there quietly until something exciting happens and getting on the big screen or getting pints is the main aim for many.

It worries me that less and less of the people who support the game every week, play it etc are going. You'd look a mug if you didn't know the songs and the rules years ago!

Your point about the choirs is right in a way, but there's been a bit of an upsurge in younger people singing. If I was Gareth Davies, I'd allocate 2,000 tickets to choirs instead of clubs and have a singing section.

There's still people who go who know the songs and would join in.

Right, I'll shut the hell up now - at least I offered a solution of sorts.

"

Now it's full of men and women who see it as a day out to show their passion for the game 75% of the crowd don't watch their local rugby team and don't understand the rules and it's slowly turning into a football crowd I'm sad to say. "

This is the very reason why unless I am going to the match I prefer to watch it at home on my own. Most of my mates have no understanding whatsoever of the game or the rules etc and just see it as an excuse for a piss up which is great but they can grate on you after a while when you take an actual interest in the game. Hence why it's just me, my couch, my telly and a crate of the Dark stuff this afternoon

"

Now it's full of men and women who see it as a day out to show their passion for the game 75% of the crowd don't watch their local rugby team and don't understand the rules and it's slowly turning into a football crowd I'm sad to say.

This is the very reason why unless I am going to the match I prefer to watch it at home on my own. Most of my mates have no understanding whatsoever of the game or the rules etc and just see it as an excuse for a piss up which is great but they can grate on you after a while when you take an actual interest in the game. Hence why it's just me, my couch, my telly and a crate of the Dark stuff this afternoon "

Awesome speech

"The traditional singing is a reflection of our society. Most people work long hours and away from home so the community's are changing.

I like the lights flames and smoke prior to the game and no one who has tried can match the MS for that it's not quite the haka but it will intimidate some sides

I'm trying to stop moaning, but I just want to say I agree with this.

In fairness, if you're under 40, you wouldn't have first hand experience of the old days. I'm just a bit sad for kids and younger adults because I remember going when 10-15 songs were sung properly one after the other.

Fans of other countries loved it too and you'd see people in tears. It was unique in world sport.

People might belt out the anthem and a verse of H&A (ironic), but that's it. Everyone just sits there quietly until something exciting happens and getting on the big screen or getting pints is the main aim for many.

It worries me that less and less of the people who support the game every week, play it etc are going. You'd look a mug if you didn't know the songs and the rules years ago!

Your point about the choirs is right in a way, but there's been a bit of an upsurge in younger people singing. If I was Gareth Davies, I'd allocate 2,000 tickets to choirs instead of clubs and have a singing section.

There's still people who go who know the songs and would join in.

Right, I'll shut the hell up now - at least I offered a solution of sorts."

The Ospreys did this for the Clermont game. All beit with school choir but 700 of them.

It didn't really work tbh at a regional game....it was ok before kick off and at half time etc but throughout the game it just got irritating. But I think proper choirs in numbers at an international match could be awesome

"(Have gone quiet as everything you say is true, and not sure I could live with the ribbing when the scots beat us) lol"

Omfg as if anyone thought for one second we would lose

Ha ha England have to up their game now after the piss poor performance last year

West Wales and Cardiff

"

Now it's full of men and women who see it as a day out to show their passion for the game 75% of the crowd don't watch their local rugby team and don't understand the rules and it's slowly turning into a football crowd I'm sad to say.

This is the very reason why unless I am going to the match I prefer to watch it at home on my own. Most of my mates have no understanding whatsoever of the game or the rules etc and just see it as an excuse for a piss up which is great but they can grate on you after a while when you take an actual interest in the game. Hence why it's just me, my couch, my telly and a crate of the Dark stuff this afternoon "

See, this is what I'm getting at. We've disagreed about players, tactics and Wales's prospects on here, but I know you love the game and follow it all the time. You're an Ospreys supporter, but forgiven.

You're precisely the person who should be going.

I've seen Wales over 80 times (and back in the day there'd only be 2/3 home games a year). I don't think I'll ever go again.

I think hearing "give it to SHHHANNE" screamed endlessly finished me off

West Wales and Cardiff

Sorry, that "shutting up" plan didn't go well!

"

This is the very reason why unless I am going to the match I prefer to watch it at home on my own. Most of my mates have no understanding whatsoever of the game or the rules etc and just see it as an excuse for a piss up which is great but they can grate on you after a while when you take an actual interest in the game. Hence why it's just me, my couch, my telly and a crate of the Dark stuff this afternoon

See, this is what I'm getting at. We've disagreed about players, tactics and Wales's prospects on here, but I know you love the game and follow it all the time. You're an Ospreys supporter, but forgiven.

I've seen Wales over 80 times (and back in the day there'd only be 2/3 home games a year). I don't think I'll ever go again.

I think hearing "give it to SHHHANNE" screamed endlessly finished me off "

I do go

But obviously for financial/family/work reasons I can't go to every game as much as I would love to.

I am going to the France game with my mate she's not too bad as her ex played for the Scarlets so she knows a bit

Actually I may leave the twat behind

West Wales and Cardiff

"

I think hearing "give it to SHHHANNE" screamed endlessly finished me off

I do go

But obviously for financial/family/work reasons I can't go to every game as much as I would love to.

I am going to the France game with my mate she's not too bad as her ex played for the Scarlets so she knows a bit

Actually I may leave the twat behind "

Harsh..,,,,but funny

» Add a new message to this topic