FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > The brexit appocolypse ??

The brexit appocolypse ??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

A Prime Minister resigned. The £ plummeted. The FTSE 100 lost significant ground. But then the £ rallied past February levels, and the FTSE closed on a weekly high: 2.4% up on last Friday, its best performance in 4 months. President Obama decided we wouldn't be at the 'back of the queue' after all and that our 'special relationship' was still strong. The French President confirmed the Le Touquet agreement would stay in place. The President of the European Commission stated Brexit negations would be 'orderly' and stressed the UK would continue to be a 'close partner' of the EU. A big bank denied reports it would shift 2,000 staff overseas. The CBI, vehemently anti-Brexit during the referendum campaign, stated British business was resilient and would adapt. Several countries outside the EU stated they wished to begin bi-lateral trade talks with the UK immediately. If this was the predicted apocalypse, well, it was a very British one. It was all over by teatime. Not a bad first day of freedom.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *all Mid WalesMan  over a year ago

Mid Wales

Exactly. Leaving could be so much better than staying in. The richer areas go on about EU funding but that funding came from what UK paid in at a deluted rate.

Being out offers more freedom in long run even if short run next 3 years is tough

By *OWN AND COUNTY SOCIALSMan  over a year ago

CARMARTHEN

I must agree with the gentleman from Mid Wales and needless to say the country correctly voted us out.

p.s. have a nice weekend and don't loose any sleep

By *estwardboundCouple  over a year ago

cardiff

What countries offer us trade deals today ?

CARMARTHEN

The world including our old empire friends plus the USA and then there is China.

Casanova

By *ndyandMandyCouple  over a year ago

swansea

If we cannot negotiate quickly Banks will withdraw from London because they can't trade unilaterally across Europe unless they have a foot in Europe. Car manufacturers like Jaguar will have to pay 10% on each vehicle manufactured in this country if they are to sold abroad. Hence the possibility of manufacturing will be taken from this country.

New roads, projects etc funded by the EU will be taken away.

If we seriously believe this will have not have a knock on effect then we are ostriches.

I'm a businessman who is one of the bigest importers of a certain product in Wales. I can assure you I am worried. At the moment I pay one tax which is paid at source. To bring this product in I will have to pay the producers tax, an import tax and probably vat on top of that. It's a food product which will have to be paid by the consumer.

OK milk is very cheap at the moment and wrongly so. Farmers will now be able to put up their prices, but, do you realise the amount of products that use milk. Do you believe the likes of Tesco will absorb the cost. Will they hell as like this will be passed on to you and I probably 3 or 4 fold.

Brexit - Bollox!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ridiculous statement so early in the campaign. EU funding was merely getting back a fraction of what we paid in! Give it time, we will thrive without the shackles of the EU.

Give it time

If you really thought you would see significant changes in the first few days or weeks then I believe you are sadly mistaken

Although I respect everyone for voting for what they believed was right I really think many will regret it in the coming years

By *all Mid WalesMan  over a year ago

Mid Wales

"Give it time

If you really thought you would see significant changes in the first few days or weeks then I believe you are sadly mistaken

Although I respect everyone for voting for what they believed was right I really think many will regret it in the coming years"

Everyone predicted a total collapse of the markets and that it would remain that way signalling the start of abother recession. But after an initial collapse the market completely recovered and finished in a good position.

If you live in the richer areas you may be more fearful, but if you live in less well off area like myself where over last 20 years you have seen businesses and manufactoring leave the area leaving the EU isn't a bad thing and if you look at the areas that voted in compare to out then you will see it was the poorer areas that wanted out.

You should all watch the new series, britain's hardest workers: inside the low wage economy tonight on bbc2 8pm. There are a group of 15 british workers to try the zero contract life style and last week they were in a field picking broccoli, an experienced picker could do 700 packages, whilst a newbie was excepted to do 50 an hr.

Only one of the 15 was ok, but the boss wouldnt hire the rest, he said they must have immigrants to do such jobs as the brits would never take a low wage job. I cant see britain survive without them.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"You should all watch the new series, britain's hardest workers: inside the low wage economy tonight on bbc2 8pm. There are a group of 15 british workers to try the zero contract life style and last week they were in a field picking broccoli, an experienced picker could do 700 packages, whilst a newbie was excepted to do 50 an hr.

Only one of the 15 was ok, but the boss wouldnt hire the rest, he said they must have immigrants to do such jobs as the brits would never take a low wage job. I cant see britain survive without them."

Supply and demand, if he cant fill the positions at a low wage he needs to increase it.

However, on the flip side of the coin, those in his area who are unemployed should be pointed in his direction, and told they have a choice, work, or have their dole withdrawn.

CARMARTHEN

"If we cannot negotiate quickly Banks will withdraw from London because they can't trade unilaterally across Europe unless they have a foot in Europe. Car manufacturers like Jaguar will have to pay 10% on each vehicle manufactured in this country if they are to sold abroad. Hence the possibility of manufacturing will be taken from this country.

New roads, projects etc funded by the EU will be taken away.

If we seriously believe this will have not have a knock on effect then we are ostriches.

I'm a businessman who is one of the bigest importers of a certain product in Wales. I can assure you I am worried. At the moment I pay one tax which is paid at source. To bring this product in I will have to pay the producers tax, an import tax and probably vat on top of that. It's a food product which will have to be paid by the consumer.

OK milk is very cheap at the moment and wrongly so. Farmers will now be able to put up their prices, but, do you realise the amount of products that use milk. Do you believe the likes of Tesco will absorb the cost. Will they hell as like this will be passed on to you and I probably 3 or 4 fold.

Brexit - Bollox!"

I have spent forty years in business and must say that no one benefits from layers of political bureaucracy and out of this we will be also enjoy trading with our old friends that the EU limited and yes Australia and yes New Zealand and yes Canada and probably every non EU country in the World,I have no idea what your business is but you will more than likely be better of

Just because we voted Brexit doesn't mean we've left the EU yet. We haven't even triggered Article 50 yet and won't for at least another year.

No, the real shit hits the fan first if we do that, and secondly if we actually leave.

Yes there are arguments for going it alone, as long as you don't mind things being more expensive in general.

I'm still not convinced we're actually going to leave.

» Add a new message to this topic