FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Market research

Market research

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hello you crazy lot just a random question doing abit of market research. How much would you or expect to pay to have a service on your car? How much you you say is reasonable bearing in mind there different levels of servicing I.e basic oil and filter change to a major with all fluids changed etc

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Flintshire

Depends on the motor, and whether you're talking main dealer or "Back Street"

The family dog carrier Toyota I had serviced before Christmas including front brakes was £90

The Alfa will probably cost me £140 for the same with my local mechanic

"Depends on the motor, and whether you're talking main dealer or "Back Street"

The family dog carrier Toyota I had serviced before Christmas including front brakes was £90

The Alfa will probably cost me £140 for the same with my local mechanic "

Thank you for your reply I’m a fully qualified mechanic and mot tester looking to do some work on the side don’t want to over charge or under cut myself

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Flintshire

"Depends on the motor, and whether you're talking main dealer or "Back Street"

The Alfa will probably cost me £140 for the same with my local mechanic

Thank you for your reply I’m a fully qualified mechanic and mot tester looking to do some work on the side don’t want to over charge or under cut myself "

Guessing you've got to base it on the hourly rates and then parts

You'll know what overheads you'll have with premises etc.

By *ighugs69Man  over a year ago

Port Talbot

I normally do the basic servicing myself. But the last time I took either of my cars to an independent garage a few years ago for 10k service it was between £140 & £160.

"I normally do the basic servicing myself. But the last time I took either of my cars to an independent garage a few years ago for 10k service it was between £140 & £160."

So would you be happy paying £120???

By *n Search Of SunsetCouple  over a year ago

Search Of Sunset

Some would always look to go to the cheaper option.

However if there are any issues there is no come back. At least with a reputable business there is trading standards and online reviews and more for the business to think about their rep.

Do you have business premises, adequate insurance for other people's cars being left with you? Etc to charge such prices as £20 less than a business?

Plenty more to think about.

By *ighugs69Man  over a year ago

Port Talbot

"I normally do the basic servicing myself. But the last time I took either of my cars to an independent garage an few years ago for 10k service it was between £140 & £160.

So would you be happy paying £120???"

That maybe a good target price. But if you're doing it on your driveway then people have to confidence in your work. If I don't know anything about you then saving of £20 to £30 over a established garage wouldn't be very appealing.

Get some quotes from local garages and set your price an attractive amount less. If you provide a good service, word will quickly get around and you'll be able to increase your price.

By *aydee65Man  over a year ago

Near Merthyr

A few places doing basic service + MOT for £99

I work in a garage and Iam a mot tester to I have full use of the workshop out of hours to be able to build a customer base big enough to fund my own unit I have relivent insurances

» Add a new message to this topic