FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Getting fit

Getting fit

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *arraps OP   Man  over a year ago

port talbot

Ok so I've finally had the kick up the arse that I so richly deserve off my doctor

I'm going to join a gym and hopefully within six months I'll have a six pack and be buff... yes I know I'm dreaming...

Has anyone got any tips or comments ?

What's the academy at llandarcy like good or bad, or are there better places to go

Thanks fabsters

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 19/06/18 16:47:12]

There are few ways to get a 6pack, one of the popular one is to eat your body weight in pounds x10, so if you weigh 200lbs that would be 2000kcal, have 2 days a week where you have a cheat meal and the other days be in a deficit.

Train 3 times a week with a full body workout, one exercise per muscle group and focus on the big 3 compund moves such as the bench press, shoulder press and deadlift

port talbot

Ok cheers

By *ighugs69Man  over a year ago

Port Talbot

Sorry can't help you with gyms, tried one 20 years and found it way too boring. The main thing when looking to loose weight/get fit is sorting your diet out. Stopping all the processed ready meal stuff.

Plenty of rice and pasta, the dried stuff not the ready made packet rubbish. Then plenty of gentle cardio exercise, walking or bike riding. If you want to use a gym then the bikes or cross trainer. Personally I avoid running it hurts my knees.

Once you're happy with your weight and body strength you can look at increasing muscle definition - if you're into that sort of thing.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I have never been to a gym. I just do alot of walking, a little running and eat healthy.

I will never go to a normal gym again! I started Crossfit and haven’t looked back!

port talbot

I’ve been a lazy bugger since I retired, so it’s more motivation and advice I need.

My doc has pointed out the pitfalls of not taking any exercise and also of taking too much exercise... seems I can’t win

Going to the academy tomorrow for a chat and see what they can offer....

hopefully it’s a magic pill

port talbot

Well I did it.... joined the academy

My first session and introduction to the world of gym bunnies is Friday

Saturday morning I’ll be fucked so if any kind lady would like to soothe my aching muscles I’d be very grateful

By *atty_loves_curvesMan  over a year ago

South Wales

Cardio, Cardio, Cardio, sweat, sweat, sweat...the way to burn fat.

Keep going for 2 or 3 weeks and it won't seem as bad. Starting is the hardest part.

By *atty_loves_curvesMan  over a year ago

South Wales

"Well I did it.... joined the academy

My first session and introduction to the world of gym bunnies is Friday

Saturday morning I’ll be fucked so if any kind lady would like to soothe my aching muscles I’d be very grateful "

Well done you've started, that's the toughest bit.

port talbot

Cheers thanks for the encouragement... I need it more than I think

I've not been to a gym in about 10 years. But I consider myself fit and trim/athletic. I simply watch my diet and run 2 to 3 times a week. I find it fits into my social and work life very well. Run Sunday morning 3k (started at 1k initially mind lol but built it up over a few weeks) Tuesday Evening 3k Friday evening 3 to 5k. No bread or potatoes no pasta no pre made meals no biscuits and no crisps. I have a cereal breakfast with a cuppa nothing until lunch and then have a shake. Very filling. And whatever I want for tea. I still drink wine and coffee . I lost a stone in a matter of weeks and my fitness level improved hugely just from running. Pushing weights are just not for me. But I'm sure it benefits.

By *gowboy18Man  over a year ago

glasgow

"I have never been to a gym. I just do alot of walking, a little running and eat healthy."

Sexercise too i bet

X

By *arah n LeeCouple  over a year ago

Caerphilly

Abs are made in the kitchen... its gunna be about getting your bodyfat down. Create a calorie deficit and focus on weight training 3 times a week and some HIIT cardio sessions in the week too.

Good luck x

port talbot

"Abs are made in the kitchen... its gunna be about getting your bodyfat down. Create a calorie deficit and focus on weight training 3 times a week and some HIIT cardio sessions in the week too.

Good luck x"

Thanks for the encouragement, I know the first couple of weeks will be tough, I have a major goal to aim for and that's going to be my motivation

Only take on what you can honestly commit to long term. Better to start with a lower goal and add to it rather than trying to achieve too much and giving up.

Good luck.

Control your diet is the biggest part, most you'll find will tell you eat loads ect is wrong. That's to help build muscle which you need to lose alot of the body fat first then think about building as this does come with abit of fat.

Eat 3 meals a day, breakfast just stay away from anything really faty or high in protein or high in sugar. For dinner and tea have half a plate veg, 1/4 lean protein and 1/4 carbs such as pasta or noodles. Cut out snacking and no eating after 6pm for 6 days a week and that will help you alot.

Then get fat burners, tested a few different brands on people and alpha a5 found to be the best. Take one in the morning when you wake up then two after dinner time 7 days a week For 3 weeks and take one weeks rest off them and start again.

As for the gym start off with light cardio workout just to get your heart rate up then hit the weights, far better than cardio workout. Don't go for max weight!! Drop it down abit so you can happily feel the weigh and get a burn but no burn out quickly.

When your at home do lots of situps in your free time!! When I say lots I mean till your stomach is on fire!! And just keep going till it becomes to much.

On that you'll lose at least 2 stone in 6 weeks if your a big lad, if your smaller frame you mite find you havnt lost any weight but notice that your clothes are getting to big. This is because you have lost fat and gain muscle and the muscle weighs more. So don't just take note of the weight take you measurements as well.

Good luck

port talbot

"Control your diet is the biggest part, most you'll find will tell you eat loads ect is wrong. That's to help build muscle which you need to lose alot of the body fat first then think about building as this does come with abit of fat.

Eat 3 meals a day, breakfast just stay away from anything really faty or high in protein or high in sugar. For dinner and tea have half a plate veg, 1/4 lean protein and 1/4 carbs such as pasta or noodles. Cut out snacking and no eating after 6pm for 6 days a week and that will help you alot.

Then get fat burners, tested a few different brands on people and alpha a5 found to be the best. Take one in the morning when you wake up then two after dinner time 7 days a week For 3 weeks and take one weeks rest off them and start again.

As for the gym start off with light cardio workout just to get your heart rate up then hit the weights, far better than cardio workout. Don't go for max weight!! Drop it down abit so you can happily feel the weigh and get a burn but no burn out quickly.

When your at home do lots of situps in your free time!! When I say lots I mean till your stomach is on fire!! And just keep going till it becomes to much.

On that you'll lose at least 2 stone in 6 weeks if your a big lad, if your smaller frame you mite find you havnt lost any weight but notice that your clothes are getting to big. This is because you have lost fat and gain muscle and the muscle weighs more. So don't just take note of the weight take you measurements as well.

Good luck "

Thanks for the info... “fat burners “ haven’t heard that before

» Add a new message to this topic