FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > England game

England game

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Where is everyone watching the match on sat. Should have arranged a football meet so to speak

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ancardiff7Man  over a year ago

Near Cowbridge

Dunno but does anyone know where I can buy a Sweden shirt? Asking for a friend...

By *elightful 2Couple  over a year ago

No longer in the UK.

"Dunno but does anyone know where I can buy a Sweden shirt? Asking for a friend..."

I was asked the same question at work by a fella wearing a spurs shirt.

Baffled me I must say.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ymlaen Sverige!

Near Cowbridge

"Dunno but does anyone know where I can buy a Sweden shirt? Asking for a friend...

I was asked the same question at work by a fella wearing a spurs shirt.

Baffled me I must say."

Especially as you work in Currys.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Nice one liked that. currys lol. Im sure you will get one from the wales team left back in the car park.

By *ve 66Woman  over a year ago

Blackwood

Down Torquay for the weekend so wherever I find

Near Cowbridge

"Nice one liked that. currys lol. Im sure you will get one from the wales team left back in the car park."

The car park outside Iceland?

By *3xymamaWoman  over a year ago

RCT

"Nice one liked that. currys lol. Im sure you will get one from the wales team left back in the car park.

The car park outside Iceland? "

Make sure you wear a top like mine lol

Near Cowbridge

"Nice one liked that. currys lol. Im sure you will get one from the wales team left back in the car park.

The car park outside Iceland?

Make sure you wear a top like mine lol "

I don't think I'd wear it as well as you

By *nique_GymMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Nice to see xenophobia is alive and well, why not start on the Indian Cricket team as well, they are in town?

By *rgasmicFunCouple  over a year ago

Gwent

Well, being English, im getting this from face book as well, "If it were the other way round would they (English) support wales", actualy yes, be it scotland or Ireland if they were any good,lol, its come home to the UK and not some far away place for another 4 yrs, kids!!! Lol

No longer in the UK.

"Well, being English, im getting this from face book as well, "If it were the other way round would they (English) support wales", actualy yes, be it scotland or Ireland if they were any good,lol, its come home to the UK and not some far away place for another 4 yrs, kids!!! Lol"

We're also English and to be far most people we talk to are hoping England do well.

Plenty of banter with the others who incidentally support English football teams.

By *rgasmicFunCouple  over a year ago

Gwent

"Well, being English, im getting this from face book as well, "If it were the other way round would they (English) support wales", actualy yes, be it scotland or Ireland if they were any good,lol, its come home to the UK and not some far away place for another 4 yrs, kids!!! Lol

We're also English and to be far most people we talk to are hoping England do well.

Plenty of banter with the others who incidentally support English football teams. "

Near Cowbridge

"Nice to see xenophobia is alive and well, why not start on the Indian Cricket team as well, they are in town? "

Point out the xenophobia please.

Hmm not sure yet I’m nights tonight so it’s either at home if I’m not feeling the pub or town! Lloyd’s usually good for the football in Newport cumon Sweden

Cardiff

Google xenophobia old chap

By *r n1ceguyMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

England game being shown on big screen down Cardiff bay .. why i have no idea ?? Lol

Near Cowbridge

"Google xenophobia old chap "

As I thought. "Dislike of or prejudice against people from other countries."

Where have I said I dislike or are prejudiced against the English?

Wanting a football team to lose is not xenophobic and I'd appreciate it if you dropped the condescension.

And why do I want them to lose?

It's not because they're English. It's because I'd like some sweet relief from the biased media coverage.

Also during the Euros some of the English tried to devalue Wales' achievements by claiming 'our' players as English.

Finally, I remember the irritating behaviour of some English fans I witnessed in Lens and Lille.

Frankly, I'm not sure why a country the size of England cares so much about who does or does not support it.

Cardiff

"Google xenophobia old chap

Wanting a football team to lose is not xenophobic and I'd appreciate it if you dropped the condescension.

It's not because they're English. It's because I'd like some sweet relief from the biased media coverage.

Also during the Euros some of the English tried to devalue Wales' achievements by claiming 'our' players as English.

Finally, I remember the irritating behaviour of some English fans I witnessed in Lens and Lille.

Frankly, I'm not sure why a country the size of England cares so much about who does or does not support it. "

Ok so one assumes you support England in the rugby then?

Personally I am happy to support any of the 4 British national teams that are participating in any sporting event, #proudtobebritish

No longer in the UK.

Frankly, I'm not sure why a country the size of England cares so much about who does or does not support it. "

Omg the British media commenting/being biased about a British team doing pretty well in the biggest tournament in the world, personally i preferred it when no one gave us a chance, zero expectations on our very young side.

So A FEW English took the piss about some of your players being born in England..and now you want them to loss because of it...comical

A FEW English played up in France while tens of thousands behaved impeccably... again comical

I have visited Cardiff,Swansea,Newport all at the old grounds where they were all very hostile, do i dislike the clubs due to the minority... No.

And personally i couldn't care if you cheer Sweden on or anyone else, I'm a English man but also a proud Brit.

Enjoy the game where ever you watch it and may the best team win.

Looking forward to the game, not bothered either way who wins or loses as my team are already out

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

I love the banter and rivalry and wouldn't get upset because some welsh people want England to lose.

Without it we might as well start playing and supporting a chess club.

Pm me if your a woman and want to shag me if we lose and I'll even let you wind me up about it during the sex

Personally I don’t support England as I just don’t want to lol simple as that.! We all have a freedom of choice to support who we wish! If we played a team as great Britian it would b different but that will never happen! So I will support who ever I want.! Personally I am backing Croatia as that who I thought from the first game! Also I don’t think for one minute England as a nation would back wales if the shoe was in the other foot.! But hey hoe it’s a game I love and take pride in and I can’t wait for my day out for the footy

No longer in the UK.

"Personally I don’t support England as I just don’t want to lol simple as that.! We all have a freedom of choice to support who we wish! If we played a team as great Britian it would b different but that will never happen! So I will support who ever I want.! Personally I am backing Croatia as that who I thought from the first game! Also I don’t think for one minute England as a nation would back wales if the shoe was in the other foot.! But hey hoe it’s a game I love and take pride in and I can’t wait for my day out for the footy "

Croatia and Belgium are a good shout but how this world cup has gone so far anyone could win.

So many of the big guns gone already.

Near Cowbridge

Frankly, I'm not sure why a country the size of England cares so much about who does or does not support it.

Ok so one assumes you support England in the rugby then? "

Sometimes. Depends who they're playing.

What was your reaction when Germany crashed out of the workd cup? A wry little smile perhaps? Nothing wrong with that if so. Sporting rivalries are great.

Near Cowbridge

Omg the British media commenting/being biased about a British team doing pretty well in the biggest tournament in the world, personally i preferred it when no one gave us a chance, zero expectations on our very young side.

So A FEW English took the piss about some of your players being born in England..and now you want them to loss because of it...comical

A FEW English played up in France while tens of thousands behaved impeccably... again comical

I have visited Cardiff,Swansea,Newport all at the old grounds where they were all very hostile, do i dislike the clubs due to the minority... No.

And personally i couldn't care if you cheer Sweden on or anyone else, I'm a English man but also a proud Brit.

"

British media? Good one

May the best team win indeed. I think it will be England, I like what Southgate is doing. The semis may be the final hurdle though.

No longer in the UK.

British media? Good one

May the best team win indeed. I think it will be England, I like what Southgate is doing. The semis may be the final hurdle though. "

To be honest I'm surprised we have got this far with the young uns.

The car park outside Iceland? "

Watch them cry on tv again soon enough

Finally, I remember the irritating behaviour of some English fans I witnessed in Lens and Lille....this, they were trying to buddy up to us Welsh fans by singing 'We're England and Wales, Fk off Russia we're England and Wales' they would never have given us a second thought if it wasnt for the Russians battering them all over the place.

Its nice though, not one English fan has piped up in Russia, like they did in Holland a few months ago, wonder why

Cardiff

Finally, I remember the irritating behaviour of some English fans I witnessed in Lens and Lille....this, they were trying to buddy up to us Welsh fans by singing 'We're England and Wales, Fk off Russia we're England and Wales' they would never have given us a second thought if it wasnt for the Russians battering them all over the place.

Its nice though, not one English fan has piped up in Russia, like they did in Holland a few months ago, wonder why "

It’s obviously because none of you Welsh chaps (not British) were not there to frighten them off!

By *FFB69Woman  over a year ago

Torfaen/Gwent

Its nice though, not one English fan has piped up in Russia, like they did in Holland a few months ago, wonder why

It’s obviously because none of you Welsh chaps (not British) were not there to frighten them off! "

Is that not rather xenophobic of you? Seems you have an underlying dislike of the Welsh and are projecting your feelings onto others who are just having a laugh

No longer in the UK.

"Dunno but does anyone know where I can buy a Sweden shirt? Asking for a friend..."

If your friend didn't manage to buy one I think they are on the 75% off sale at sports direct.

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

I’m pleased for my English friends and England is a very nice place.

I’m not actively supporting them though - they’re the team I want us to beat more than any other. Nothing nasty etc, just the little guy/underdog wanting to put one over his bigger neighbour.

Obviously, it’s not a true rivalry, as England, understandably, don’t feel the same back. I’m sure all proper sports fans on here understand that thing of having a team you desperately want to beat though.

The difficulty I find though, is that if England did win it, the media would (again, understandably) be banging on about it for years to come.

I can’t think of anywhere else in the world this would be the case. England want to beat Germany more than any other, but didn’t have to endure the media coverage when they wom

four years ago.

Imagine Wales won the World Cup (I know, I know), you were English and lived in England,but all you ever heard about for years in the media was Wales winning the competition. When I put that to my English mates, they get it!

Would never happen of course - it’d be massive in Wales forever, but England could crack on as normal pretty soon after.

Near Cowbridge

"Dunno but does anyone know where I can buy a Sweden shirt? Asking for a friend...

If your friend didn't manage to buy one I think they are on the 75% off sale at sports direct. "

Ha! He said mentioned having a Croatian relative or that Dubrovnik looks nice in Game of Thrones so he's supporting Croatia!

No, fair play to England, much the better team against Sweden and Croatia look shattered.

Well there's some animosity in this thread lol

Snap English also. So close now.

No longer in the UK.

If your friend didn't manage to buy one I think they are on the 75% off sale at sports direct.

Ha! He said mentioned having a Croatian relative or that Dubrovnik looks nice in Game of Thrones so he's supporting Croatia!

No, fair play to England, much the better team against Sweden and Croatia look shattered. "

Tell him to not buy a shirt just yet... could be on special offer next week.

And yes England looked very good.

Hopefully the expectations that have grown won't get to them.

» Add a new message to this topic