FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > DROPPING

DROPPING

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone else suffer from dropping after having an intense emotional high experienced from sex or from bdsm play. Anyone can suffer from it.

What do you do to try and get through it.?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

I experience feelings of depression, rejection, anxiety, fear, or even 

guilt. It can be a somewhat scary experience, 

The endorphins released for anyone during a play/scene make it very similar to the high many drugs offer.

I've suffered from it 5 yrs and I still struggle. It doesn't help that I get so excited about playing everytime. Im already a thousand feet in the air.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I experience feelings of depression, rejection, anxiety, fear, or even 

The endorphins released for anyone during a play/scene make it very similar to the high many drugs offer.

I've suffered from it 5 yrs and I still struggle. It doesn't help that I get so excited about playing everytime. Im already a thousand feet in the air. "

I used to get it after every bdsm play I just cried it out

I plan ahead, build in sleep, bath, comfort, sleep plus time & space in my head. It's like a mini grieving so I only engage in that type of meet with a consistent, caring partner who understands the full dynamic. If its a club session I know it's for me to take care of me & I only engage as much or as little as the mood takes X

Oh yeah & never be fooled into thoughts of love or dependency, the biggest pitfall of all & the most common mistake of the clumsy inexperienced 'sub'

"Oh yeah & never be fooled into thoughts of love or dependency, the biggest pitfall of all & the most common mistake of the clumsy inexperienced 'sub' "

Hahaha yeah there is that but the men don't help

I've suffered from it 5 yrs and I still struggle. It doesn't help that I get so excited about playing everytime. Im already a thousand feet in the air.

I used to get it after every bdsm play I just cried it out "

It's a horrible feeling. For the first few months I didn't know what it was. It's always the 2nd day afterwards I get it..I recognise the signs very early now. Sending you hugs fantastic lady xxx

I used to get it after every bdsm play I just cried it out

It's a horrible feeling. For the first few months I didn't know what it was. It's always the 2nd day afterwards I get it..I recognise the signs very early now. Sending you hugs fantastic lady xxx

"

I find crying it out helps me that's with every situation.. but this no filter that I woke up with is turning out to be working for me lol xx big hugs xx

"I plan ahead, build in sleep, bath, comfort, sleep plus time & space in my head. It's like a mini grieving so I only engage in that type of meet with a consistent, caring partner who understands the full dynamic. If its a club session I know it's for me to take care of me & I only engage as much or as little as the mood takes X"

I totally agree, having the person that you played with around helps so much. Alot of play meets I've had didn't know nothing about my drop so I found myself very alone as I hate troubling my hubby when I've played with others. I always think it's not his job to pick up the pieces. He does though everytime sadly. He's incredible.

You are very prepared Peachy, I need to be more like you. Im useless at planning..sometimes I buy loads of chocolate and curl up on the settee . Some days I fight it but then my surroundings trigger things in me. The 2nd day is worse. These days im addicted to finding happy highs all The time so I don't feel the drop. Then I burn myself out lol. It's a vicious circle xx

"Oh yeah & never be fooled into thoughts of love or dependency, the biggest pitfall of all & the most common mistake of the clumsy inexperienced 'sub' "

I tend to play only with regular partners if it's bdsm. I know they understand subdrop.

Doms also experience it too. X

I also find the most intense sex sessions that go on for hours also bring on a drop.

The endorphins go crazy lol

By *arren e treggidenMan  over a year ago

pembroke dock wales

I've suffered from it 5 yrs and I still struggle. It doesn't help that I get so excited about playing everytime. Im already a thousand feet in the air. "

Good aftercare is the best way to avoid drop shame so many tops don’t care

By *elsh_lass74Woman  over a year ago

South Wales

Take an extra special Dom to look after the sub when the subdrop happens. That's when you know you have a good one

By *att 81Man  over a year ago

Chepstow

It's known as 'sub drop' and is very common with bdsm type play, it's caused by depletion of endorphins and other related feel good hormones, and it affects everyone differently. Thats why you should take time to find an experienced dom/top that will give 'after care' taking time to check in on you for a few days after a play sesion to check how you are and help you through it.

If you're new to bdsm it can take you by surprise and can be scary, but after a while you learn to expect it and it's easyer to deal with

Although doms/tops can suffer from it too.

"Take an extra special Dom to look after the sub when the subdrop happens. That's when you know you have a good one "

This does help & I've only ever experienced one careless dom in my time here so I never, ever go Dom anymore. I don't play the boxes game I just find people that a dynamic develops carefully with, the relationship, trust & understanding develops before that level of activity takes place. If they don't care about the basic interaction they aren't going to take care with anything that I enjoy. I'm into extreme pain so I'm willing to wait months, even years to get my buzz with the right person X

South Wales

"Take an extra special Dom to look after the sub when the subdrop happens. That's when you know you have a good one

This does help & I've only ever experienced one careless dom in my time here so I never, ever go Dom anymore. I don't play the boxes game I just find people that a dynamic develops carefully with, the relationship, trust & understanding develops before that level of activity takes place. If they don't care about the basic interaction they aren't going to take care with anything that I enjoy. I'm into extreme pain so I'm willing to wait months, even years to get my buzz with the right person X"

How do you go about finding the right one? Put it on a profile and you get all the wannabes

And being right at the start of my exploring journey, I don't know where to look to find what I'm looking for

Any recommendations for caring for subdrop? Hasn’t happened to mine yet, but I want to be prepared.

Good aftercare is the best way to avoid drop shame so many tops don’t care"

I've found alot can't be there in person either. Not their fault , alot live seperstly.But it would definitely help if they were there. I've struggled with distance tbh x

"Take an extra special Dom to look after the sub when the subdrop happens. That's when you know you have a good one "

I totally agree there. I've come across some amazing ones over the years. They would always phone me day after if they couldn't be there in person, helps so much x

By *ve 66Woman  over a year ago

Blackwood

After reading all your misfortunes Ibe decided to steer clear. Chin up. ..

By *otsoSnowWhiteWoman  over a year ago

My Ice Castle! South Wales

"After reading all your misfortunes Ibe decided to steer clear. Chin up. .."

You can have drop from lots of situations. I've had it today from being on such a happy high all weekend at camp then being home without everyone I've had the sense of loss all day

South Wales

"After reading all your misfortunes Ibe decided to steer clear. Chin up. ..

You can have drop from lots of situations. I've had it today from being on such a happy high all weekend at camp then being home without everyone I've had the sense of loss all day "

Same here. After work this morning, all I've done is sit around.

Couldn't even sleep last night, was too quiet after the bunkhouse at the weekend

I sometimes go into shock afterwards, M looks after me, covers me up (because I shiver uncontrollably) and constantly makes sure I’m okay.

I can get downs from it, but that’s part of me unfortunately, I mainly get the highs though. It’s just your body doing it’s thing. Just make sure the guy who’s dominating you has the courtesy to make sure you’re okay.

L x

Wow I finally understand something I have struggled to get for a long long time! Mines not from BDSM but from sex, I never really got why I would cry and feel awful but now I do! I always felt I was just a. Little strange but this has helped me understand it’s actually pretty normal thanks ladies xx

"Take an extra special Dom to look after the sub when the subdrop happens. That's when you know you have a good one

This does help & I've only ever experienced one careless dom in my time here so I never, ever go Dom anymore. I don't play the boxes game I just find people that a dynamic develops carefully with, the relationship, trust & understanding develops before that level of activity takes place. If they don't care about the basic interaction they aren't going to take care with anything that I enjoy. I'm into extreme pain so I'm willing to wait months, even years to get my buzz with the right person X

How do you go about finding the right one? Put it on a profile and you get all the wannabes

And being right at the start of my exploring journey, I don't know where to look to find what I'm looking for "

Like most good things you don't find by looking, you develop & grow together. Once you've found the right dynamic you have the safety to explore, push boundaries & include others. I wouldn't put it on a profile, you'll attract heavy handed bullies, wannabes & fantasists. However, you might just fall lucky if you're looking for experiences X

And being right at the start of my exploring journey, I don't know where to look to find what I'm looking for "

I found after 5 years on the scene thst going to bdsm clubs is a good way. I've met some incredible doms there..pm me if u need more advice on the club's x

"Any recommendations for caring for subdrop? Hasn’t happened to mine yet, but I want to be prepared. "

I love cwtches, chocolate, sweet tea or hot chocolate. Loads of affection, that shows you care about them xx

"Anyone else suffer from dropping after having an intense emotional high experienced from sex or from bdsm play. Anyone can suffer from it.

What do you do to try and get through it.?"

Yes totally normal.

I find hugs and talking help, and Haagen dazs

By *ickygirl41Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

A good Dom should make themselves available to get you through it.

A good Dom should make themselves available to get you through it. "

That's not always been the case for me as some have to work. But it's the contact with them that makes it easier x

And being right at the start of my exploring journey, I don't know where to look to find what I'm looking for

Like most good things you don't find by looking, you develop & grow together. Once you've found the right dynamic you have the safety to explore, push boundaries & include others. I wouldn't put it on a profile, you'll attract heavy handed bullies, wannabes & fantasists. However, you might just fall lucky if you're looking for experiences X"

The best Doms I've found I've met through mutual friends. I've always but it on my profile and your right, it's attracted fakes and some bad ones. I've been lucky only a few times by advertising what im looking for. I agree too thst you develops together. DS takes time and when you find the right ones it's wonderful xx

South Wales

Thank you all for your advice

"Thank you all for your advice "

Im glad I did this post. It's more common knowledge on bdsm sites. On here alot don't know about it. I've had a few private messages. People are recognising it more now. By giving it the recognition then it's a step toward in helping anyone who suffers. It can hit extremely quickly too.

After so many years I still suffer. This because im like a hyper active puppy .I alway will suffer. Keeping busy is the best medicine for me. As soon as I have too much spare time I drop xx

"Thank you all for your advice

Im glad I did this post. It's more common knowledge on bdsm sites. On here alot don't know about it. I've had a few private messages. People are recognising it more now. By giving it the recognition then it's a step toward in helping anyone who suffers. It can hit extremely quickly too.

After so many years I still suffer. This because im like a hyper active puppy .I alway will suffer. Keeping busy is the best medicine for me. As soon as I have too much spare time I drop xx"

I haven't had it for a long time but after the events from the weekend I'm currently feeling it, an I hate it... I'm feeling very bratty An needy lol

"Thank you all for your advice

After so many years I still suffer. This because im like a hyper active puppy .I alway will suffer. Keeping busy is the best medicine for me. As soon as I have too much spare time I drop xx

I haven't had it for a long time but after the events from the weekend I'm currently feeling it, an I hate it... I'm feeling very bratty An needy lol "

Sending hugs lovely lady. Xx

By *arren e treggidenMan  over a year ago

pembroke dock wales

you need a fet site and a good local munch to find the rite person and advice good aftercare is a must to avoid sub drop it’s basicly the treatment for shock drop is like secondary shock gets you when you least expect it a good don or a good dungeon master will look out for problems and address them as needed

Fet sites didn't work for me but you're right, they do work for some X

A good Dom should give aftercare if their sub is experiencing sub drop

» Add a new message to this topic