Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atandKie OP   Couple  over a year ago

Chichester

[Removed by poster at 22/10/18 20:10:24]

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Chichester

Hey guys

We’re looking into this, as we think it is something we’d like to try.

Maybe there are women out there who would also like to try it so give us a message

KatandKie

[mistake in last post]

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What is it?

It's not something you try tbh, here's a really good link - https://www.glamour.com/story/7-polyamory-myths-its-time-to-stop-believing

Chichester

My wording probably wasn’t the best there, it’s not something we want to try it’s something we want to explore, as we both agreee it’s something we are open to. Trying isn’t the correct term, I guess what I meant was pursuing and seeing what we find, as I feel it’s very hard to find.

So you have 2 girlfriends?

"So you have 2 girlfriends?"

It could be bf's, gf's or any combination of. It's what a few couples move toward if they're strong & open enough X

Tried that once when i was 20, with my gf at the time ans another cupple, worked out pretty well for a while actually

Not for us.... we met a couple who were in a poly relationship with another fem and whilst it was facinating to watch the interaction, even on a social level, in my (Mr) opinion it only truly works if you treat the other female (or male) as your significant others equal....otherwise all you’re looking for is another female who will fuck both of you on a regular basis and trying to make it out to be something “trendy”, which isn’t the idea of a polyamorous relationship

"Not for us.... we met a couple who were in a poly relationship with another fem and whilst it was facinating to watch the interaction, even on a social level, in my (Mr) opinion it only truly works if you treat the other female (or male) as your significant others equal....otherwise all you’re looking for is another female who will fuck both of you on a regular basis and trying to make it out to be something “trendy”, which isn’t the idea of a polyamorous relationship "

& that's where most people become confused, they see it as a short cut to an easy unicorn situation & it isn't that. Some people are genuinely polyamorous by nature & I'd count myself as one of those, I'm able to have more than one significant relationship & it works most of the time if the people who join that are like minded X

By *orticiaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

The majority of polyamorous people I know don’t have three-way relationships, just 2 relationships of equal status at the same time, where all parties are aware & consenting - and quite often their partners will also have other relationships happening too.

Much less frequent for a three way relationship to happen & that seems to be far more volatile from what I’ve seen!

OP, maybe just try dating others to begin with & see how you find it before potentially considering a girlfriend or boyfriend for you to share?

By *evils-couple13Couple  over a year ago

Neath

My husband and myself are poly and I’m currently in another relationship I’m certainly treated like an equal and I’m really good friends with my new parents girlfriend. It works really well for us all.

"My husband and myself are poly and I’m currently in another relationship I’m certainly treated like an equal and I’m really good friends with my new parents girlfriend. It works really well for us all."

Is that relationship with another couple? It’s a completely different dynamic if you’re poly as a single with another single than asking a single to join a couple

By *evils-couple13Couple  over a year ago

Neath

"My husband and myself are poly and I’m currently in another relationship I’m certainly treated like an equal and I’m really good friends with my new partners girlfriend. It works really well for us all.

Is that relationship with another couple? It’s a completely different dynamic if you’re poly as a single with another single than asking a single to join a couple "

I’m not in a relationship with them both no. I just happen to get on with his girlfriend well

"The majority of polyamorous people I know don’t have three-way relationships, just 2 relationships of equal status at the same time, where all parties are aware & consenting - and quite often their partners will also have other relationships happening too.

Much less frequent for a three way relationship to happen & that seems to be far more volatile from what I’ve seen!

OP, maybe just try dating others to begin with & see how you find it before potentially considering a girlfriend or boyfriend for you to share?"

This is our experience of it X

I've been in a poly relationship in the past where I had another male partner, he had nothing to do with my husband and it worked ok, I've been around several couple who have brought in a third person to both have a relationship with and it has broken them up. Its a very tricky dynamic to get right even for very experienced couples. I'd advise both date seperatly at first and see how each other feels about the other spending quality time with another person, affection and generally getting to know that person and relationsgip goals ie meeting family members etc not just having sex with someone else.

By *aughingmimsWoman  over a year ago

Pontypridd

I’m poly by nature and was in a poly relationship for years. It suited me - no one person can be everything you need so you’re able to have multiple close relationships. But you have to have a very solid relationship to start with.

I know of a poly woman who rates her men as primary, secondary, tertiary partners. I find that distasteful and disrespectful. She needs multiple men to massage what looks to be a damaged self image. What I’m saying is be mindful of your reasons.

If you are not already relaxed about sharing your partner you most certainly won’t be happy when they go for weekend trips with another partner. I’ve always been relaxed about sharing so it came easily to me.

By *rManyhandsMan  over a year ago

Narberth

I've been poly for a while, and solo poly. There are lots of emotions that could rear up. Take it easy, lots of potential combinations.

There's a lot of research, books and resources and support groups out there.

Happy to share my experience in private.

By *rBlueCarMan  over a year ago

Lanark

There are also groups on Facebook that you can join for either poly dating (there are at least 2 for UK only) or support group type meets. I know of groups that have discussion meet-ups to be part social and part support group, good for newbies, but the nearest to you (that I know of) is probably Swindon.

Those could be a good first step - the discussion groups discourage cruising for a date, but you get to meet people on the poly scene and learn about what works and what doesn't. Then if either of you is attracted to someone you get to know, there's no reason you can't then ask them out on a one-to-one date

By *nked_DemonWoman  over a year ago

near Cardiff

Poly is amazing if you get the right people involved, I’d love to get some new poly partners at some point soon. Good luck and remember to communicate

We will stick to nice and easy cuckolding

» Add a new message to this topic