FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > List of Timewasters

List of Timewasters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *JJJJx OP   Man  over a year ago

Cardiff

I saw this suggested and think it’s a good idea. If you’ve had someone in the region agree to meet and then pull out without explanation, or exchange messages and then suddenly evaporate, or maybe not be whpnthey said they were, here’s a space to list them to warn others. If a post here is felt to be unfair, they also have the opportunity to explain / defend. I’m not suggesting a witch-hunt, just a resource for genuine fabbers to improve the site and experience for genuine swingers x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Id love something like this but sadly its not allowed. You cant name and shame anyone. Plus most wouldn't care to defend themselves as they think they have done no wrong anyway. My best method is to share the time wasters amongst my friends. That way we look out for each other x

"Id love something like this but sadly its not allowed. You cant name and shame anyone. Plus most wouldn't care to defend themselves as they think they have done no wrong anyway. My best method is to share the time wasters amongst my friends. That way we look out for each other x"

Word of mouth can be the strongest tool, although some still won't listen because they think their encounter/interaction is 'different'. I'm not on about you Feisty, this is a comment based on experiences over the years, some have accepted the warning, some have not & then wondered why a person reverted to type. It is a positive though, that there's a small group of us who do look out for each other & we share our bad experiences X

"Id love something like this but sadly its not allowed. You cant name and shame anyone. Plus most wouldn't care to defend themselves as they think they have done no wrong anyway. My best method is to share the time wasters amongst my friends. That way we look out for each other x

Word of mouth can be the strongest tool, although some still won't listen because they think their encounter/interaction is 'different'. I'm not on about you Feisty, this is a comment based on experiences over the years, some have accepted the warning, some have not & then wondered why a person reverted to type. It is a positive though, that there's a small group of us who do look out for each other & we share our bad experiences X"

Its ok, i know what you mean. Some just wont listen. Sadly that's been me in the past. I pay attention now though lol

Cardiff

Why can’t you name and shame? What’s the rationale / benefit to genuine users there?

"Why can’t you name and shame? What’s the rationale / benefit to genuine users there?"

Because people would not be honest in their naming & shaming, it would become a platform to be misused. We're a couple who've been here on single & a couple profile for 10 years, I've often been called a timewaster. Recently we've been called a fake couple on several occasions, we are anything but. Imagine if you had a naming & shaming system, we'd be on it & that's laughable.

The term timewaster is a open to personal interpretation & misuse. A falls out with B, so A uses that system to bully B. That's just one simple example.

By *ubenesque.Woman  over a year ago

over by there

Anyone with a grievance could add a name to your list. This would then either lead to someone being given a bad name unfairly or a slanging match of 'He/she/they did this.. ' 'Oh no I didn't..'

"Anyone with a grievance could add a name to your list. This would then either lead to someone being given a bad name unfairly or a slanging match of 'He/she/they did this.. ' 'Oh no I didn't..' "

Exactly this

There's a section here called hotlist why not have a section called shitlist you can use

Cardiff

Yes understood. I still feel some form of moderation is warranted however. There are so many fakes / fantasists / wannabes on here

"There's a section here called hotlist why not have a section called shitlist you can use "

Id love a shit/timewaster list, that way i can warn friends about the time wasters. With a block list they are forgotton or disappear like a few have lately. It's good having a reminder so id definitely welcome a time waster list lolX

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

There is the option to report someone as a no-show for a meet, it isn't acted on straight away as one report could be bogus, but if several people reported the same profile over a period of time admin might take notice.

Maybe a system of where if a profile recieves a certain amount of complaints against it for whatever reason then it’s removed?

There are so many fakes and time wasters on here that it takes away the fun to a certain extent :/

"Why can’t you name and shame? What’s the rationale / benefit to genuine users there?

Because people would not be honest in their naming & shaming, it would become a platform to be misused. We're a couple who've been here on single & a couple profile for 10 years, I've often been called a timewaster. Recently we've been called a fake couple on several occasions, we are anything but. Imagine if you had a naming & shaming system, we'd be on it & that's laughable.

The term timewaster is a open to personal interpretation & misuse. A falls out with B, so A uses that system to bully B. That's just one simple example. "

This exactly ^ Too many could potentially use it as a form of sour grapes, vendettas etc. As peachy said earlier on though. Word of mouth is a powerful tool. The South Wales swinging community is a small one and people do talk.... just a heads up for any time wasters

» Add a new message to this topic