FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Carmarthenshire social

Carmarthenshire social

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone going ??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *elshdevil70Man  over a year ago

Swansea

Is there one soon ? I havnt seen anything on the forum.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Didn't know there was a Carmarthen social

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"Didn't know there was a Carmarthen social "

There have been some, the organiser tends to keep it all very "hush hush", likes to hand pick the attendees, so you don't see anything on the forums.

Like everything else in Carmarthenshire. Keep it 'hush hush'

By *rManyhandsMan  over a year ago

Narberth

Love to attend.

"Didn't know there was a Carmarthen social

There have been some, the organiser tends to keep it all very "hush hush", likes to hand pick the attendees, so you don't see anything on the forums."

Well heard it all now Throws toys out of pram because iv never been hand picked

They've been hiding from me all this time

By *unshine500Man  over a year ago

west wales

There have been some, the organiser tends to keep it all very "hush hush", likes to hand pick the attendees, so you don't see anything on the forums."

Apparently its a long waiting list to get hand picked,

I have never been picked also lol but what i hear about it from people thats been it was ok

brecon

There have been some, the organiser tends to keep it all very "hush hush", likes to hand pick the attendees, so you don't see anything on the forums.

I have never been picked also lol but what i hear about it from people thats been it was ok "

Any social has to be a good thing if it gets like-minded people together, and gives them a chance to make friends and network.

I just don't see the reason for the secrecy.

By *OWN AND COUNTY SOCIALSMan  over a year ago

CARMARTHEN

I have never been picked also lol but what i hear about it from people thats been it was ok

Any social has to be a good thing if it gets like-minded people together, and gives them a chance to make friends and network.

I just don't see the reason for the secrecy."

What no DATE or DESTINATION on your event.

brecon

What no DATE or DESTINATION on your event. "

Our event is in its 7th year this year, with 6 successful weekends already under our belts, hosting over 110 swingers at each one.

Those who pass security are given the dates and details, with the location released shortly before the weekend.

We have also attended over 50 various socials in the past, none of which are organised and held in such secrecy as the Carmarthen ones.

A social should be, within certain constraints, an open to all event, not used as one persons private party.

By *he jesterMan  over a year ago

carmarthen

I could not agree more with the above, socials are exactly that, I suggest the organiser attends other socials or look up the word in a dictionary, good luck

west wales

Can i come? Lol

Our event is in its 7th year this year, with 6 successful weekends already under our belts, hosting over 110 swingers at each one.

Those who pass security are given the dates and details, with the location released shortly before the weekend.

We have also attended over 50 various socials in the past, none of which are organised and held in such secrecy as the Carmarthen ones.

A social should be, within certain constraints, an open to all event, not used as one persons private party.

"

By *ickablecoupleCouple  over a year ago

West Glamorgan

We are holding a social on the M4 service station all welcome

CARMARTHEN

"I could not agree more with the above, socials are exactly that, I suggest the organiser attends other socials or look up the word in a dictionary, good luck "

Tried to message you but unfortunately you have filters in place,as for attending other Socials yes I have and yes I have looked up the word social's in the dictionary unfortunately it hasn't any reference to your interpretation

CARMARTHEN

I have never been picked also lol but what i hear about it from people thats been it was ok "

TRIED TO CONTACT YOU to attend this evening's Social unfortunately you have filters on your account.

west wales

TRIED TO CONTACT YOU to attend this evening's Social unfortunately you have filters on your account."

Who me?

CARMARTHEN

Yes you.

By *akenloversCouple  over a year ago

ceredigion

Mite have to show our faces

west wales

Sorry to have missed your reply. But i have contact you via your meet write up

By *shrop_cpleCouple  over a year ago

Ceredigion

We went. It was a friendly gathering in a good spacious, discrete venue where we were made to feel most welcome by all.

Tidy darts!

By *rManyhandsMan  over a year ago

Narberth

"We went. It was a friendly gathering in a good spacious, discrete venue where we were made to feel most welcome by all.

Tidy darts! "

Great to meet you

Xx

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

I went along.

It was a nice evening and a good alternative to the bigger, more full-on evenings.

Really enjoyed meeting everyone - thanks for putting up with the waffling

By *elshtonyMan  over a year ago

lampeter

i went along and was made very welcome

it was a good spacious venue and everybody was very friendly and chatty

Do hope its held again and i can get invited

By *roggMan  over a year ago

haverfordwest

South Wales could do with all the help it can have on here because in comparison with the scene in the west midlands and north west arwas it is quite poor on here and yes there is a good social scene

"

Pass security. What a joke it’s a social event.

brecon

"Pass security. What a joke it’s a social event. "

Several events of various types have been "outed" and even shut down by press exposure, so vetting attendees is necessary.

West Wales and Cardiff

"Pass security. What a joke it’s a social event. "

I suspect she didn’t mean “security” as such, more that certain limits are put on who can attend e.g. the total number, the make-up of those attending, whether they have verifications, whether they enquire appropriately and show they’re aware of the rules etc.

I doubt there’s a Fab social anywhere in the UK that doesn’t place some kind of “limits” on who goes. They are stressful to organise and a free-for-all would be a nightmare.

Regarding the Carmarthen one. I saw it advertised on Fab, I enquired and I got invited. He obviously puts limits on single guys, but loads of others do that.

It’s in a public place, not a privately hired venue, so I can see the need to keep it small. There’s no way it could be open to an unlimited number given where it is.

In my opinion, the only thing I think is done differently is I don’t think he posts in the forums. The event is there for anyone to see though - that’s how I got to go.

I accept that others may have had different experiences with this social, but getting invited and being there didn’t feel different to other small socials really.

By *ingKyMan  over a year ago

Cross Hands

Pretty miffed i've not been invited yet

CARMARTHEN

"Pass security. What a joke it’s a social event.

Several events of various types have been "outed" and even shut down by press exposure, so vetting attendees is necessary."

So why do you interfere with other people's choices of how they run their NON PROFIT making social's,infact the statement what comes around goes around comes to mind so keep a eye on your Forum posting.

By *hacky WeekendersCouple  over a year ago

fields

With all due respect ours is a total non profit event all monies paid are used for the event if you wish to see the receipts and costings for the years the event have been running you are more than welcome.... In fact some years we have had to put our own money into the pot.

I would appreciate if you could keep your social thread as just that and not an opportunity to put people down when you know nothing about our event.... If this carries on I will be reporting to admin

Thank you Ally

I suspect she didn’t mean “security” as such, more that certain limits are put on who can attend e.g. the total number, the make-up of those attending, whether they have verifications, whether they enquire appropriately and show they’re aware of the rules etc.

I doubt there’s a Fab social anywhere in the UK that doesn’t place some kind of “limits” on who goes. They are stressful to organise and a free-for-all would be a nightmare.

Regarding the Carmarthen one. I saw it advertised on Fab, I enquired and I got invited. He obviously puts limits on single guys, but loads of others do that.

It’s in a public place, not a privately hired venue, so I can see the need to keep it small. There’s no way it could be open to an unlimited number given where it is.

In my opinion, the only thing I think is done differently is I don’t think he posts in the forums. The event is there for anyone to see though - that’s how I got to go.

I accept that others may have had different experiences with this social, but getting invited and being there didn’t feel different to other small socials really.

"

When I ran the Neath daytime social it was open to everyone. No limit on numbers or on specific groups of people, no veries needed etc. I held mine in a public area during the day and had as much as 40+ people on more than one occasion. Always a good mix of allsorts which in my opinion is what a social should be about. Maybe I'm too laidback but I never had any problems and every one was a success

West Wales and Cardiff

When I ran the Neath daytime social it was open to everyone. No limit on numbers or on specific groups of people, no veries needed etc. I held mine in a public area during the day and had as much as 40+ people on more than one occasion. Always a good mix of allsorts which in my opinion is what a social should be about. Maybe I'm too laidback but I never had any problems and every one was a success "

Happily stand corrected Miss P

I’m pretty sure all the ones I’ve been to had limits on numbers and the organisers aimed for a balance of couples, single Fs and single Ms.

Perhaps it would have been better if I said Carmarthen wasn’t the only social where this happened.

By *roggMan  over a year ago

haverfordwest

When I ran the Neath daytime social it was open to everyone. No limit on numbers or on specific groups of people, no veries needed etc. I held mine in a public area during the day and had as much as 40+ people on more than one occasion. Always a good mix of allsorts which in my opinion is what a social should be about. Maybe I'm too laidback but I never had any problems and every one was a success "

you did a good job hosting these socials

CARMARTHEN

"With all due respect ours is a total non profit event all monies paid are used for the event if you wish to see the receipts and costings for the years the event have been running you are more than welcome.... In fact some years we have had to put our own money into the pot.

I would appreciate if you could keep your social thread as just that and not an opportunity to put people down when you know nothing about our event.... If this carries on I will be reporting to admin

Thank you Ally "

It's not my social thread

When I ran the Neath daytime social it was open to everyone. No limit on numbers or on specific groups of people, no veries needed etc. I held mine in a public area during the day and had as much as 40+ people on more than one occasion. Always a good mix of allsorts which in my opinion is what a social should be about. Maybe I'm too laidback but I never had any problems and every one was a success you did a good job hosting these socials "

I miss those days

I felt no need to limit anyone

It was a daytime social so 'balancing numbers' was not something I needed to do

Same as the Sunday lunch social, the numbers always balance & it's a good mix. There's no need to be complicated with a day social X

» Add a new message to this topic