FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Merger

Merger

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *arraps OP   Man  over a year ago

port talbot

Ok folks what do you think about the potential merger of the ospreys and scarlets ?

Personally I think that those in charge of welsh rugby couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery.

Ospreys and scarlets are the two most successful clubs, the blues and dragons not so.. IF any teams should merge it’s these two.

I know this is a contentious issue ,but let’s have a decent debate

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I can't rake over it anymore it's cooked me totally today and yesterday

Ospreys say no merger in official statement.

PRB say different in theirs

It's become a bit of a "I'll believe it when I see it" situation for me now

The players and all other Ospreys staff have my utmost sympathy at the moment, this has got to be the biggest fucking shambles I have ever seen from the WRU and they are pretty well known for being a disaster zone

For me it's go it alone for as long as we can(if that is possible in any fomat now looks dubious) or fold, from a die hard fans perspective. A merger between us and the Turks will not work no matter what bollocks the WRU may spew about it. I remember well the "merger" between Ebbw Vale and Newport to form the Newport Gwent (cough) Dragons and we all know what a fucking farce that was. I fear the same fate would await us if said "merger" were to take place between us and the Turks.

I will go back to following the Whites on a Saturday afternoon like I did for 18 years before the WRU waded in the first time.

I'm back off to sob into my wine.

And why the fuck have the PRB denied repeated requests from the WRPA to have a player representative involved?? It's suss as fuck

By *arraps OP   Man  over a year ago

port talbot

Yep, I’m going back to watch a second rate Neath at the gnoll

WRU bunch of toss pot

Neath could do with the support tbh, or they wont be around much longer either, been struggling to pay wages for the past 5 years or more

Merger is a joke, WRU are even more of a joke. If it happens, Cardiff and dragons wont be far behind. Then a new north region.

But peoples memories are short and the same things were said last time we created 5.

The WRU need to start looking at development from a younger ages, less and less kids are playing. Even adult teams are starting to struggle for player, I've had to come out of retirement for christ sake ??

Obvious option would be to merge the Dragons and Blues if they had to merge any. However as the WRU own the Dragons that probably won't happen. But surely it would be more viable to merge the dragons and use the invested money to help fund this North Wales team?

By *ancardiff7Man  over a year ago

Near Cowbridge

"I can't rake over it anymore it's cooked me totally today and yesterday

Ospreys say no merger in official statement.

PRB say different in theirs

It's become a bit of a "I'll believe it when I see it" situation for me now

The players and all other Ospreys staff have my utmost sympathy at the moment, this has got to be the biggest fucking shambles I have ever seen from the WRU and they are pretty well known for being a disaster zone

For me it's go it alone for as long as we can(if that is possible in any fomat now looks dubious) or fold, from a die hard fans perspective. A merger between us and the Turks will not work no matter what bollocks the WRU may spew about it. I remember well the "merger" between Ebbw Vale and Newport to form the Newport Gwent (cough) Dragons and we all know what a fucking farce that was. I fear the same fate would await us if said "merger" were to take place between us and the Turks.

I will go back to following the Whites on a Saturday afternoon like I did for 18 years before the WRU waded in the first time.

I'm back off to sob into my wine.

"

This is spot on. If the Ospreys are going under then why ruin the Scarlets too?

Don't get me started on the Gog region.

By *edwasboiMan  over a year ago

Bedwas

This all goes to their thinking of having North,South,East and West Regions.

As a Blues supporter i would not like to see the Scarlets and Ospreys merge.

Both regions have so much talent at all levels and a true identity.

By *edwasboiMan  over a year ago

Bedwas

[Removed by poster at 06/03/19 09:52:59]

Regional rugby was put in place for the benefit of the National Side....... surely it’s worked as we are hopefully heading towards a 4th Grand Slam since it’s introduction? However now the WRU have moved the goalposts and want regions to compete with the likes of Leinster (who’s population is greater than the whole of Wales) on the European stage! As the Ospreys are in the weakest position financially now Cuddy’s money has dried up, they are going to suffer! Not fair, especially as the WRU went and purchased the Dragons and Rodney Parade......... Stinks!!

By *anter and baguetteCouple  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

My attitude is fuck the WRU and seek a place in the English Premiership. Tougher opposition,bigger attraction,better crowds.

If Wales dont want us, lets go it alone. #celticwarriorsalloveragain.

I no longer live in mid Wales, but I'm still a one eyed Turk! When I first heard the new it was a massive shock, and something that I would be against if it meant that we lost our identity.

As for a north wales team, it is purely there to provide fresh and new revenue streams from sponsors. Llanelli is a 2.5 hour drive either way from my old home. Colwyn bay is 2 hours. There is no way I plan to go up every week to follow a half baked development team just to help WRU coffers!

[Removed by poster at 06/03/19 13:53:00]

Sorry my spelling is terrible, I'm in the bath and the steam is affecting my grip

Brewery Field even ffs. I am brain washed by it all atm

[Removed by poster at 06/03/19 13:54:34]

again....

Scarlets confirm merger is off the cards same as Ospreys confirmed yesterday. Ospreys changed their mind at the meeting after originally approaching the Scarlets about a possible merger back in December, the major problem seening to be we're struggling with the rent or whatever for the Liberty. I can see us shifting to the **Brewery Field** asap if we are going it alone for the foreseeable.

Totally off-topic and unwarranted and probably most unwelcome too, but Holy Shizzle MissP, that profile pic!

In more relevant news.... The BBC are running with the story that both clubs are no saying that they consider the merger "off the table".

Which is a good thing. If they want their northern outpost team, let them add to the mix rather than offer a poor substitute to the current one. You won't be able to make some super invincible mash-up regional team that kicks everyone's butt's by mashing together two competitors. Competition spawns improvement.

» Add a new message to this topic