FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > First message

First message

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

how do you all like your first message to come across just a simple hi or more of a conversation

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ilthyfucks69Couple  over a year ago

Neverland

I prefer something that stands out from the crowd as you'll probably get a response then

Mrs

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Something that shows they've read my profile, like "How's life at sea"...... Sold

The trying to stand out from the rest approach is the only thing I have going. I get that maybe some of my messages just get overlooked because women are inundated. But occasionally someone takes notice. Just have to be patient with it. That’s a trick I think a lot of dudes on here don’t click on to. Just don’t be a dick. At least when you get a response it will be in a more favourable light. That way you can actually have a conversation and get to know a person a bit before you jump straight in.

But that’s just me.

"The trying to stand out from the rest approach is the only thing I have going. I get that maybe some of my messages just get overlooked because women are inundated. But occasionally someone takes notice. Just have to be patient with it. That’s a trick I think a lot of dudes on here don’t click on to. Just don’t be a dick. At least when you get a response it will be in a more favourable light. That way you can actually have a conversation and get to know a person a bit before you jump straight in.

But that’s just me. "

Yer, because my profile is open for men to message I get a taste of what the girls get sometimes, opening line is usually some crass statement or a pic requeat, other day a guy just messaged 'suck me' repeatedly

I'm put off by copy/paste messages right away. If key points are mentioned in the message from my profile I pay attention.

Some messages are so crude its baffling they believe they would even expect a reply back. A face pic that I ask for goes along way too x

"The trying to stand out from the rest approach is the only thing I have going. I get that maybe some of my messages just get overlooked because women are inundated. But occasionally someone takes notice. Just have to be patient with it. That’s a trick I think a lot of dudes on here don’t click on to. Just don’t be a dick. At least when you get a response it will be in a more favourable light. That way you can actually have a conversation and get to know a person a bit before you jump straight in.

But that’s just me.

Yer, because my profile is open for men to message I get a taste of what the girls get sometimes, opening line is usually some crass statement or a pic requeat, other day a guy just messaged 'suck me' repeatedly "

So it’s not just women that get the shitty messages then. Thanks fuck I don’t have to deal with it. Would put me right off fab. That sucks dude.

I need to re-assess my approach. Unfortunately my filthy dirt bag familiar keeps telling me otherwise. I am polite and creative with my impropriety though, is that ok?

Humour, linking to the profile so a demonstration you can offer what we're seeking & please, please, please no whinging, pleading or sense of entitlement. We don't even mind a naughty message so long as it shows you're what we're looking for X

I simple Hi in my inbox will usually get a similarly simple reply such as "Lo" if I'm remotely interested but if their profile has no interest to me I just delete.

Put yourself in their situation, they send you a first message that says just Hi.

Doesn't really open many avenues of discussion and looks like they couldn't really be bothered.

By *inkyKatssCouple  over a year ago

pontypridd

I like the first message, and all subsequent messages to address us as a couple. I don't think that's a huge ask.

Also, the line 'what are you looking for?' annoys the shit out of me. I can't help but feel these people are looking for wank fodder. Our profile doesn't take Einstein to decipher

"I like the first message, and all subsequent messages to address us as a couple. I don't think that's a huge ask.

Also, the line 'what are you looking for?' annoys the shit out of me. I can't help but feel these people are looking for wank fodder. Our profile doesn't take Einstein to decipher "

What are you looking for could be more of a badly worded question meaning have I got what you're looking for.

When messaging a couple, it can be a bit awkward to know how to address you. My experience is that couples mostly seem to have the male half reply first but maybe that's just me. I never really know if it's better to adress them as their username or their initials on the profile or just simply as "both" (i.e. Hello both of you...)

By *inkyKatssCouple  over a year ago

pontypridd

"I like the first message, and all subsequent messages to address us as a couple. I don't think that's a huge ask.

Also, the line 'what are you looking for?' annoys the shit out of me. I can't help but feel these people are looking for wank fodder. Our profile doesn't take Einstein to decipher

What are you looking for could be more of a badly worded question meaning have I got what you're looking for.

When messaging a couple, it can be a bit awkward to know how to address you. My experience is that couples mostly seem to have the male half reply first but maybe that's just me. I never really know if it's better to adress them as their username or their initials on the profile or just simply as "both" (i.e. Hello both of you...)"

Hello both, or even guys is always sufficient. For me, its an acknowledgement that we are a couple and that the sender respects that. The amount of messages from single males totally disregarding the fact that there are 2 of us is shocking. I'm not speaking for all single males here mind. There are some great ones!!!

Perhaps I should have explained better

» Add a new message to this topic