FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Chameleons Newport or Darlaston manager

Chameleons Newport or Darlaston manager

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi everyone,

I am hoping that someone here knows the manager of Chameleons in Newport or the mother club in Darlaston and can help me.

I visited the Newport club yesterday evening, my first time ever at a club, to see what all the fuss was about.

I had to fill in and sign a form with my personal details on it, which staff then put in their computer. They also copied my id.

I wondered around the different rooms, sat in the hot tub, had a friendly chat with some nice people, ate some food, but decided that overall it was not my cup of tea.

On the way out I asked staff to destroy the form I had filled in and to erase my personal data from their database, in line with my legal rights under GDPR. They repeatedly refused.

So now I am in a situation that a swingers club stores my personal data and a copy of my id for life, I have no idea how secure their database is and who and how many people have access to it, and for what they will use my data over the next 50 years.

I am also extremely vulnerable and completely powerless. I can't send them a written complaint, go to the police or hire a solicitor, because that will just increase the paper trail and add more evidence that I have been there.

I haven't slept all night and I am feeling physically sick because of this. I will spend the rest of my life looking over my shoulder and being afraid that if I ever openly take a social or political stand that one of the people in the club don't like, I will be black-mailed and/or everything I have worked for for 30 years, will be destroyed with one article in the Daily Mail. And all of this because of a hot tub and a slice of pizza in a swingers club one sad evening in September 2019.

Is there anyone here who knows the manager of Chameleons Newport or even the mother club in Darlaston, who can help me please?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's awful you feel this way but seems like you're over thinking a little. If you look on the club pages & access the Chams site from there you'll find a link to contact them. That's probably your best bet, or give Darlaston a ring, the numbers are there as well. Hope you get it sorted but I really don't think society as a whole is interested in us as individuals X

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

with all due respect there are hundreds , possibly thousands of members if you count both clubs so to mirror the post above , you really are overthinking this , to feel that you have to spend the rest of your life looking over your shoulder for fear of black mail and an article being run in a national newspaper is really putting yourself under unnecessary stress , unless you're a well known politician or high profile celebrity I really think you should forget all about it