FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > "Meet today" thingy.

"Meet today" thingy.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *thwalescpl OP   Couple  over a year ago

brecon

Well, it aint for today (unless you are reading this on Monday the 7th May, when it is!!), but just wondered what the wider opinion was on this method of trying for a meet?

Are we wasting our time?

Should we just "blanket bomb" our friends list instead?

Does anyone bother to read them when you see them on a profile?

Does anyone actually go to the "Meets and Events" section to have a gander/try for a meet?

I know its an awkward day (Monday), but its just the way things worked out, there were three or four parties on Saturday night but sods law meant we couldnt make them, and our next window of opportunity is the following Saturday for a club visit to Chams (also not a great idea, Saturday apparently being the quiet night!), so our decision was to try a "Meet today" thingy.

Now, I cant say it hasn't been noticed, our "looked at me" page has gone bananas, although the majority are single males, but no luck from the couples that have looked.

So, whats the general verdict, useful tool, or a waste of time (not me, the "meet" thingy lol!)????

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *elsh_lass74Woman  over a year ago

South Wales

I don't answer these things no more, as in my experience, every time I have the guy has said yes, then heard nothing from him. It's like he is edging his bets seeing if anything better comes along and I'm left wondering if a meet is on or not!!!!!!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We have responded to few meetings not just " same day". It appears that a few never actually take place. Of course, we may not always be what people are looking for.

We had a party invite the other day, which we excepted .Another, younger couple then contacted the organizer and said they would go but we were " too old". Guess what? We were then declined. We are going to organize a SAGA party lol

By *f3_coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cardiff

OMG, can't believe that someone was so rude as to withdraw an invite on the say so of others.

Yes .It really happened .

oh thats bad , we looked at the posters advertisment and thought yaaay but then seen it was monday and thought oh poo kids are back.

but we have responded to adverts in the meet section and had some greta meets so it does work M hunni and if it wasnt for kidies back on monday we would have responded ourselves xxxx

As I'm all over the country with my work , whilst I think the meet today is a great idea, it is rarely used.

Why do peeps use this facility to advertise for next Saturday?...

It's the non-reply to these ads that vexs me....as the window of opputunity is quite small.

Someone put an ad in this section, I replied, no answer.....went on their profile the folowing day to see they hadn't logged on for more than 24hours.....what's the point....

I also stay in hotels so I use the meet today a lot.

And yes I've had a few meets using this system...but I've also had a lot of timewasters and no-shows from single women and cpls.... :l

brecon

"We have responded to few meetings not just " same day". It appears that a few never actually take place. Of course, we may not always be what people are looking for.

We had a party invite the other day, which we excepted .Another, younger couple then contacted the organizer and said they would go but we were " too old". Guess what? We were then declined. We are going to organize a SAGA party lol "

Now thats bang out of order!

We like to see who else is going to a party, but only so we can have a look at their profile, check out what they are into etc, and get an idea about whether or not we might be potential playmates. We might even send a "hi, see you at the party" kind of message, just so they can look at our profile too, that way when we get there its easier to get chatting as we have already "broken the ice" so to speak.

brecon

"oh thats bad , we looked at the posters advertisment and thought yaaay but then seen it was monday and thought oh poo kids are back.

but we have responded to adverts in the meet section and had some greta meets so it does work M hunni and if it wasnt for kidies back on monday we would have responded ourselves xxxx "

Well, thats encouraging, nice to here that others have had some success from this sort of thing.

And yes, we knew Monday might be a bit awkward, but we thought we'd try it and see where it goes.

And you can be sure that you guys will be getting a message if we ever get oue diaries to match with yours lol XXX

We've put a few 'meet today' requests in and never had any luck, it seems that we live too far away for anything. Ok, we live out in the sticks (Lampeter)look on google....lol, but, when you look at their profile, it says that they can travel and accomodate, why say you can travel when clearly you don't.

We have done everything people tell us to get a meet, ie, go to socials, pop in chat, make friends etc. not been to clubs yet but that is when we feel more comfortable.

If there are any views on this, advice will be appreciated.

Handy I suppose for people who are into quick meets but I prefer to get to know people first so have never used them, personally.

brecon

"Handy I suppose for people who are into quick meets but I prefer to get to know people first so have never used them, personally."

We like to make friends too, and have never played with anyone we wouldnt want to be friends with.

if we meet someone, there's absolutely no garauntee of anything happening unless we all hit it off, we just knew we would be able to play on Monday so thought we would try to get a meet.

"We've put a few 'meet today' requests in and never had any luck, it seems that we live too far away for anything. Ok, we live out in the sticks (Lampeter)look on google....lol, but, when you look at their profile, it says that they can travel and accomodate, why say you can travel when clearly you don't.

We have done everything people tell us to get a meet, ie, go to socials, pop in chat, make friends etc. not been to clubs yet but that is when we feel more comfortable.

If there are any views on this, advice will be appreciated."

Perhaps just maybe the distance isn't the problem, I know that distance within reason (let's say 100 miles one way) wouldn't be an issue for us, as we can testify that people have travelled this far or further to meet us, however there would definatley have to be certain criteria met (veri's, face pics, maybe a phone chat)

We've been to socials to, and we, unlike others would not see them as a "set in stone" guarantee that anyone we met there would be a suitable meet, even if they appeared to be so at the aforementioned social.

Word of mouth is rife on a site such as this, sometimes it has a positive effect, sometimes the contrary, it seems to work for us, we'll leave you with an example penned by a mate of ours called Oscar

"There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about"

100 miles?!

Jesus wept.

"100 miles?!

Jesus wept. "

That would be 200 mile round trip, see I is good at maffs

By *wanzMan  over a year ago

Swansea

100 miles each way .... Thats not THAT bad ...

Swansea - Bristol is about 80 ...

Im sure there are many people that will drive an hour to get to a good meet ... and if theres some nice motorway - an hour can be quite a distance covered ...

ANYWAY - back to the topic ... Yes - the 'meet diary' pages are good - especially when Im working away :o)

By *appy campersCouple  over a year ago

cardiff

Hey guys,

From recent personal experience we wont bother putting another meet on for a while, we had some lovely messages from people but also some exceptionally odd requests and a few stalkers who blatantly do not read our profiles. When we did arrange something they were timewasters! We prefer to chat to people in the chatroom or via email to arrange meets and love the social where you can check people out in the flesh and decide on whether we would meet them again...Ali xx

brecon

"Hey guys,

From recent personal experience we wont bother putting another meet on for a while, we had some lovely messages from people but also some exceptionally odd requests and a few stalkers who blatantly do not read our profiles. When we did arrange something they were timewasters! We prefer to chat to people in the chatroom or via email to arrange meets and love the social where you can check people out in the flesh and decide on whether we would meet them again...Ali xx "

Sorry to hear of your experiences, I guess when you put yourselves out there, there is a chance that you will get the good, the bad, and the ugly lol!

So far, we have had a fair few messages of guys who dont read our profile (nothing new there!) and its not looking good for tomorrow, but, like the saying goes, nothing ventured, nothing gained!

we've used this for short notice meets with relative success both from seeing other peoples ads and placing our own , the biggest problem which has already been spoken about is when we advertise for couples but get the usual " I know you're looking for couples but just wondered if you'd consider me?" from single guys , if we wanted guys we'd say so ffs , do take the point about people placing ads then not logging on for days after though , seems very pointless and timewasting for others

We have used the looking to meet and in fact have had success ! Our first ever meet was from doing this and that was very successful indeed x

We often use the meet listings on our couple profile & have always managed to get a good meet. Not the case on my single profile tho, whenever I put a meet up I get inundated by all the people I've tried to exclude eg single males under 25 etc. We tend to put one up in advance & find that most interest comes in the day before or on the day.

With regard to travelling for meets, we happily travel long distances for those we click with and the only other advice I can offer N&N is to try attending parties, a little less daunting than a club, but more action than a social. Most of our good play as taken place at parties. Failing that N&N get on the train & get your arses down to Port Talbot for our party in June

brecon

Well, we had a rush of interest this morning, but unfortunately it all seems to have dried up, I guess we will have to entertain ourselves lol!

"Well, we had a rush of interest this morning, but unfortunately it all seems to have dried up, I guess we will have to entertain ourselves lol! "

Shame Peachy is out of action

ok, we can attend socials/parties and clubs, but our main point is that we don't live in a city or town where fellow swingers live, where we can easily meet up for drinks or other. The meet today facility is ok, never had any response from our listings, as we have found that not many people really want to travel all the way to us.

I can hear everyone saying 'move to Swansea, Cardiff, Newport etc',but, Nice has a job and took him ages to get it and can't afford to up and go just for the lifestyle we have chosen.

"ok, we can attend socials/parties and clubs, but our main point is that we don't live in a city or town where fellow swingers live, where we can easily meet up for drinks or other. The meet today facility is ok, never had any response from our listings, as we have found that not many people really want to travel all the way to us.

I can hear everyone saying 'move to Swansea, Cardiff, Newport etc',but, Nice has a job and took him ages to get it and can't afford to up and go just for the lifestyle we have chosen."

ive met loads of cpls from down your way

We have used swingdate on quite a few occasions and have never had any success,to us it`s a total and utter complete waste of time using it.

brecon

Well, for what its worth, our opinion is....

Its hard work lol!

If you bang up a "meet today", then sit back and cross your fingers, chances are you will be disappointed.

But if you plan ahead, leave it up a couple of days, and put in some legwork, then you might get a meet.

It helps if you can accom, and are not to far away from the large population centres too.

So, we now know what we gotta do next time.

It wasnt a total loss, we swapped messages with some nice people, just have to be quicker out of the blocks next time lol!

By *ark CharmerMan  over a year ago

Horsham

I use the meet today section and like it cos u can see when people on your friends list wants a meet. Sometimes i get txts or mails from friends list acccepting the meet.

Best one was responding to a meet advert at 6pm, sat in pub with the couple at 8pm and back at mine at 11pm.

I do understand what you mean though there are pros and cons. You get an influx of wannabe's etc and before anyone thinks, well you are a single male, I have used it on a couples profile. I also know that people put up meet todays to test the water and get you to look at their profiles without any actual desire to meet.

By *ark CharmerMan  over a year ago

Horsham

Goes to put up meet today for 8th June, lol.

By *embsguy50Man  over a year ago

Narberth, Pembrokeshire

I've put a few up on occasions and have had interesting results. Interesting as in weird!

Lots of couples contact, but it is only the guy available - sort of makes you suspicious of what is really going on there!

Nearly all responses are from so far away that it is just not going to happen. I delete those ones now, but respond to the few that have made an effort.

I have responded to some. Always stick to the age range shown in their profile (or very close to it) and always to people close enough to get there and back in reasonable time. very little response back, so all a little disappointing.

I have had one success, a fantastic meet with a local couple which did restore my faith.

» Add a new message to this topic