FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Intercom

Intercom

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *kninja OP   Man  over a year ago

manchester

Does anyone use or can recomend a rider to passenger intercom, also needs to link to the satnav.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ireblade07Couple  over a year ago

redditch

We use an Autocom wired unit, an AVI super pro. Tomtom rider 400 plus iPhone 6s. You need a Bluetooth unit to connect all together.

Good all the way to 120 with a race can.

The only drawback is the wire but in my opinion it's better than sticking a Bluetooth unit on the side of your helmet.

Hope this helps

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

We use a hard wired Starcom. Same spec as Autocom and from all the reviews there's no difference between the two. We have tried all the bluetooth stuff but found that the volume is just not high enough once over 40mph. We have a volume control which is an added extra which I find most useful rather than have a set volume from the master unit. Have never found the wire to helmet gets in the way or is at all awkward. Hard wired all the way. I have also used the Bike to Bike facility on the starcom connecting a pair good quality intercom radio's and this too was great. You get what you pay for OP if only we had just bought a Starcom or Autocom in the first place we would have saved a fortune buying rubbish.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

been testing the new triumph tft set up.

it has built in google turn-by-turn nav system which is in partnership with google and the my triumph app which is for iostm and android.

it can access phone and music via bluetooth and controled via bar joystick. tells you on screen who is calling, what music playing etc.

also has built in go-pro control system for easy set up with your cameras.

fits all the latest triumphs with have the tft screen as standard.available from next year.

wont be long before others do this as bmw already do.

By *errysMan  over a year ago

milton keynes and kent

Bought scala rider a couple years ago. bike to bike was ok till you cross a built up roundabout or two bends then signal goes. inside my shoei gt air (quiet helmet) ok till over 60mph.

By *ushandkittyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

We use a cheap set I found on eBay think it was interphone excellent connectivity a little bit quiet on the motorway but other than that brilliant for chattng and sat nav/phone

redditch

I forgot to mention that if you need a Bluetooth module the one from Chainspeed is excellent, better than the Autocom unit and cheaper...

manchester

Cheers peeps, thanks for the info, I don't want to be spending a lot of money on a set and find out it's no good in the real world. Autocom is not one I had looked at.

redditch

The first Autocom I had I swapped over to four bikes and the only reason I changed that one was because I got hold of a newer model for zilch. This is the third bike it's been fitted to. I ride mostly two up and the extra pair of eyes has saved my licence no end of times, plus it lets me ride like a loon being able to tell the missus when I'm going to go, long gone are the days of letting go of the bars to tap her leg.

Glad to help

We use Scala Rider Packtalk. Initially rider to pillion but now bike to bike as we both have bikes now. Really good units and no issues at all

By *uffymayfairCouple  over a year ago

Almeria

I don't use anything, I'm glad of the peace and quiet lol

By *ugyukMan  over a year ago

EDINBURGH

" I don't use anything, I'm glad of the peace and quiet lol "

Well said sir.....or madam

By *uffymayfairCouple  over a year ago

Almeria

" I don't use anything, I'm glad of the peace and quiet lol

"

It's Mr

By *ts-me123Man  over a year ago

Manchester

Ebay about 30quid freedconn cheap and verry cheerfull had myn for 2 years and I love it

By *asterIrelandMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

I bought a Bluetooth one available on ebay. I drive by myself and mainly use it to listen to music and cover the wind noise... I should by a taller windshield

The main difference between the Bluetooth and wored ones is that the Bluetooth onces rarely last more than 4h battery so, not really suitable for a full day riding. In addition, the Bluetooth ones controls the mobile if u get calls and u don't need to look at it. It also allows u to use the mobile as navigator, receiving the directions without looking away from the street.

Just one thing... Depending the helmet or the shape of your head, if takes many attempts to find the right place where to place thr speakers in the helmet... In my case i also had to slightly carve the helmet foam as the reserved place in the helmet was not aligned with my ears making inaudible any sound if i drive more than 80km/h

By *ussiesCouple  over a year ago

gwent

It's Mr "

Same here, I’d rather listen to my zorst ringing out, than talking to anyone or answering my phone or even a satnav haha,

By *andDeeCouple  over a year ago

Ashford

It's Mr

Same here, I’d rather listen to my zorst ringing out, than talking to anyone or answering my phone or even a satnav haha, "

Same here too. The wife is always singing to herself when we are out riding. I will let her sing to her hearts content without having worry about putting me through the agony No Twat Nav either. Like to keep it oldskool where if I get lost, it’s no big deal and have found some very interesting places and weird looks from locals in out of way places when passing a warning sign for FORD ahead, which upon arrival the depth meter showed water was 4 feet high.

By *ussiesCouple  over a year ago

gwent

It's Mr

Same here, I’d rather listen to my zorst ringing out, than talking to anyone or answering my phone or even a satnav haha,

Same here too. The wife is always singing to herself when we are out riding. I will let her sing to her hearts content without having worry about putting me through the agony No Twat Nav either. Like to keep it oldskool where if I get lost, it’s no big deal and have found some very interesting places and weird looks from locals in out of way places when passing a warning sign for FORD ahead, which upon arrival the depth meter showed water was 4 feet high. "

I still got a tanknav, I piece of paper gaffer tape to the tank, is ford still in the Highway Code haha, it’s amazing how many people with bikes, complain about car drivers on the phone yet want all this blue tooth stuff on their bike haha, I can understand intercoms but not a phone on your bike, maybe I’m to old school and just don’t get it.

By *cd and scruffCouple  over a year ago

Rochester

We use scala rider q3. Bike to bike is excellent. Not a huge range but we have found it to be enough. Must be four/five years old now.

By *cd and scruffCouple  over a year ago

Rochester

Connects to satnav too, and phone

By *acplayMan  over a year ago

Melton Mowbray

Scarla rider.bluetooth enabled hansfree use and can be used bike to bike.clear and cable free with built in radio too. Links to phone iPod and satnav as needed. Hope that helps...

By *uckaroo BanzaiCouple  over a year ago

Somewhere nice

We use interphone sport,haven't tried any others so couldnt compare but it does the job well

manchester

Thanks for all the info, I didn't realise there was so many systems to chose from.

By *andK78Couple  over a year ago

Newport

Tap left leg (hold on) tap right leg (you OK) hands on both legs comfortabe.

Durham

"Tap left leg (hold on) tap right leg (you OK) hands on both legs comfortabe. "

No legs..... Oh shit

Durham

"We use scala rider q3. Bike to bike is excellent. Not a huge range but we have found it to be enough. Must be four/five years old now."

We are going to be given a scala rider blue tooth set this weekend so we'll be trying it out bike to bike. Hope it works better than the other blue tooth crap we have tried. Hey ho its free so if not good we'll be giving it away as well

"We use scala rider q3. Bike to bike is excellent. Not a huge range but we have found it to be enough. Must be four/five years old now.

We are going to be given a scala rider blue tooth set this weekend so we'll be trying it out bike to bike. Hope it works better than the other blue tooth crap we have tried. Hey ho its free so if not good we'll be giving it away as well"

We get a pretty good range with our Scala Rider Packtalks

» Add a new message to this topic