FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > New Chat....

New Chat....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eviousLiasons OP   Couple  over a year ago

Travelling

Now we have the majority of areas covered in new chat with regional rooms, some rooms are almost never used. As a suggestion, could we not

a) return to just one "General Chat"

b) Merge London and South East as they do seem to steal each others thunder a lot

c) use the two empty slots this gains to make an East Mids and West Mids set of rooms

This way the room list wouldnt get any longer, the request for a midlands room would be answered ( which as it would cover from Suffolk coast to Welsh borders we feel would be better served as two rooms ) and then all areas of the UK would be evenly represented.

What do other people think about this idea?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iercedTattooedBBWWoman  over a year ago

bangor

LOL just make a bigger Wales room, it seems that is THE place to be!! Covers the UK and elsewhere lol

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Now we have the majority of areas covered in new chat with regional rooms, some rooms are almost never used. As a suggestion, could we not

a) return to just one "General Chat"

"

Definate agree, now there are more regional rooms, General doesnt seem to get as full, most seem to be in Northern room.

"

b) Merge London and South East as they do seem to steal each others thunder a lot"

Cant comment on this one, not in there enough.

"c) use the two empty slots this gains to make an East Mids and West Mids set of rooms"

Agree on this one too, we have Northern room, Southern rooms, London (plus Scots, Welsh and Ireland) but nothing in the middle? E&W Mids sounds good.

Personally, I dont see the reason to have 'lobby', rarely more than half a dozen people in there, surely General room is kinda the same idea?

Steve

Northern is defnitely the new General so Gen 2 could easily go

Lobby ends up as pseudo-directing...

For all the cries for a SE and a London I would suggest the numbers don't support it..

At least one Mids room would be good...2 would be better E and W..

Not wanting to make more suggestions as I think's Dev are fine...but I will anyway..as Northern is so rammed does it merit a NE and NW split?

"Not wanting to make more suggestions as I think's Dev are fine...but I will anyway..as Northern is so rammed does it merit a NE and NW split?

"

Noooo Westy! (I'm half-way between the two!). I agree with combining the two General Chats and making at least 1 midlands room. And I know that Northern Room is getting full quite frequently. But if the Midlanders decide to use their new Midlands room, some of them will be leaving Northern Room, so Northern shouldn't be as full, and one Northern Room should be enough

Please please please have a midlands room, if possible a east and west mids room. I feel very left out being a brummie lol

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Bumping this for the people who might have missed it, especially the ones who asked for Midland rooms

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Any more comments on this?

We think it's a reasonable proposal and we'll do something along these lines shortly.

Admin x

Going to stick my neck on the line and ask for a cpls only room please.

By *heekychezzaWoman  over a year ago

warrington

"Going to stick my neck on the line and ask for a cpls only room please. "

no point as singles would just go in there anyway, and no way to stop them, also for many couples profiles one one half of the couple uses the chatrooms

Any possibility of an over 50s room for those over 50 looking for friends over 50?

By *ale009Man  over a year ago

Birmingham

Think having a midlands room of some sort is a great idea and a must have

By *heekyjamesMan  over a year ago

Darlington

now the split of the north into two room would be nice and north is being filled up all the time by ppl not in the north at all

By *ddietheswingerMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

Was wondering where to post about having a midlands chat room. Glad to see I havnt accidentally double posted. Hope the proposals go through

By *echnosonic_BrummieMan  over a year ago

Willenhall

Definitely feel left out without at least one 'Midlands' room.

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

You have to be careful here...the chat area will end up with more rooms than people!

agrees ^^^^^^^^^^^

Willenhall

The way I see it, there are dedicated Wales and Scotland rooms. Wales, as a country, has a population of circa 3M, Scotland circa 5M.

The West Midlands - as a region - likely surpasses both (Birmingham alone has a population of over 1M). The population of the entire midlands would dwarf the populations of either Wales or Scotland, and probably both combined.

I agree there shouldn't be 20+ rooms, but is there really a need for two General Chat rooms AND a Lobby?

I think England should be split into five regions - North, Midlands, East Anglia, South East (to include London) and South West. This is only one more room for the English regions than exists already, and would cater for the Midlands which isn't represented at present.

By *orta85Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Definitely need some kind of split for the North room, currently it's anywhere between the M25 and Scotland!

West

-----------------------------------------

I agree there shouldn't be 20+ rooms, but is there really a need for two General Chat rooms AND a Lobby?

-----------------------------------------

Agree...you rarely get more than 60 in general chat...and about 4 in general chat too..and the lobby is the same thing really isnt it?

By *ilmiss75Woman  over a year ago

Thornton

Why merge London and SE but give 2 Mids rooms. Just 1 i say to cover both.

"Not wanting to make more suggestions as I think's Dev are fine...but I will anyway..as Northern is so rammed does it merit a NE and NW split?

Noooo Westy! (I'm half-way between the two!). I agree with combining the two General Chats and making at least 1 midlands room. And I know that Northern Room is getting full quite frequently. But if the Midlanders decide to use their new Midlands room, some of them will be leaving Northern Room, so Northern shouldn't be as full, and one Northern Room should be enough "

+1

Willenhall

I don't think those in the East Anglian region consider themselves as being in the Midlands. I could be wrong though.

i need a mids room

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"i need a mids room"
I suspect she needs a "Fit young men of Chams" room!!

"Any possibility of an over 50s room for those over 50 looking for friends over 50?"
+1

"I don't think those in the East Anglian region consider themselves as being in the Midlands. I could be wrong though.

"

your not wrong.

Neither do folks from yorkshire.. but Sheffield is listed under E.Mids!!!

Willenhall

"Neither do folks from yorkshire.. but Sheffield is listed under E.Mids!!! "

Sheffield would be north (Yorkshire) - as I only consider proper counties (shires) and not administrative counties like the West Midlands (the West Midlands is mostly inside Warwickshire with some parts inside Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Staffordshire and Shropshire). One Midlands room is plenty - no need for an east-west split.

I know this a Wikipedia article but this is how I would define 'The Midlands': http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midlands_(England).

One Midlands room would be fine. Certainly better than none.

I think by not having a midlands room you are missing out a great big bit of the country. There are lots of people on the other rooms who would be on the edges of a midlands room, so would benefit from Midlands room too.

I reckon if you only had 1 room it should be a midlands room. After all that would cover the whole country.

".... I reckon if you only had 1 room it should be a midlands room. After all that would cover the whole country. "

When I first joined Fab, there were only 3 rooms..... Lobby, a directing room and General Chat (which covered the whole country). As the numbers of chatters has increased, General Chat was divided into rooms for Scotland, Wales, Ireland, London, and (most recently) Northern, South East and South West. So one room has already been divided into 8!

I'm sure Admin will add more regional rooms, as the existing rooms start to get full regularly. However, no matter how many rooms there are, people will always chat where they choose (e.g. rooms where their friends chat, rooms which have the most appealing cams).

There would be no effective way of 'restricting' members to chatting in the room for thier own region. And for those of us who enjoy the social side of swinging, as well as the sexual side, it would be very unfair to try.

hello a BDSM room would be fun

still think a uniform room wud be good or me being biase

A midlands room would be good.

Even on our old account we never bothered much with chat as no midlands room

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ive never really gone into chat but if there was a midlands room i would

Willenhall

The weird thing is there are a surprisingly high number of Midlanders who use chat, or at least there are when I'm logged into chat.

I don't just mean the sheer number of people from the Midlands but also the total ratio of Brits in chat who are from the Midlands - I would 'guesstimate' it is in the 40% - 50% region at times (probably higher). Yet the Midlands is the only significant geographic region of the UK without a dedicated room - even though it is the most densely populated (and likely has the second-highest registered user count) outside of the Greater London area.

Still no midlands room

there should be a cam only room if ur not on cam NO ENTRY

By *eviousLiasons OP   Couple  over a year ago

Travelling

"there should be a cam only room if ur not on cam NO ENTRY"

Why?

because when ur on cam u get constent people viewing with no cam no pictures whos to say they are what there profile says??

slim attractive fem looking for fun = lonly old man who wants to perv young men,

i dont like it myself and im sure im not the only one

How about a room for us single guys and then we could whinge about not getting meets without upseting everyone else. Could be called "Last of the Summer Whine" room.

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"because when ur on cam u get constent people viewing with no cam no pictures whos to say they are what there profile says??

slim attractive fem looking for fun = lonly old man who wants to perv young men,

i dont like it myself and im sure im not the only one "

If you're homophobic, maybe swinging's not for you?

West

Couples only cam room only..job done

Yep, definitely a Midlands room. I asked before last time too...

fankoos

Wolfie

Jump's up n down trying to get admins attention

Any chance of a Midlands room good sir?

no i just like to know who is viewing me and just because i dont want people same sex and 30years my senior waching me on cam dont mean im am homophobic people can do what they like that is the whole idea of swinging its freedom and if i choose not to let these people view me then that is my choice would just like to see a system in place to help this rather than me using my block button

Willenhall

Woohoo there is now a Midlands room!

"because when ur on cam u get constent people viewing with no cam no pictures whos to say they are what there profile says??

i dont like it myself and im sure im not the only one "

I understand what you're saying. Sometimes it would be nice to be able to private cam here. When you're showing your face for verifications would be one of those times.

» Add a new message to this topic