FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Rejected twice from LB

Rejected twice from LB

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone else had this? Would love to know why. Although we’re not supermodels, neither are we ugly; been to other clubs (KK, OP4F) with no issues and we’re not totally new to the scene. We’re planning on a London visit to go to LB but plans now spannered Any advice or help much appreciated.

Thanks

Dan & Sara

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

"Anyone else had this? Would love to know why. Although we’re not supermodels, neither are we ugly; been to other clubs (KK, OP4F) with no issues and we’re not totally new to the scene. We’re planning on a London visit to go to LB but plans now spannered Any advice or help much appreciated.

Thanks

Dan & Sara "

Can you ask them for feedback on why specifically you were declined?

KJ xx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Anyone else had this? Would love to know why. Although we’re not supermodels, neither are we ugly; been to other clubs (KK, OP4F) with no issues and we’re not totally new to the scene. We’re planning on a London visit to go to LB but plans now spannered Any advice or help much appreciated.

Thanks

Dan & Sara "

You are not supermodels....you are MUCH HOTTER....

By *estofbothCouple  over a year ago

Cardiff

Sounds obvious and no doubt you did but were the pics clear and with your faces in them?

Or maybe they seemed like they were from the internet or something?

Ours we just snapped in the living room, clothed and dressed normally for the day.

Hope you get it worked out, and if not then you’ll no doubt have just as much fun anywhere else you go, don’t take it personally, you shouldn’t have to prove yourself to anyone.

By *eal_curves_is_backWoman  over a year ago

London

Why would you try twice? I have been rejected once. Not interested. They are welcome to the models.

The first time we applied our photos were rubbish - assumed that was the reason. This time round, the photos were - well - pretty good. Yes we live apart (the joy of having children who we don’t want to disrupt their schooling etc) but other from that a perfectly normal couple. Baffled.

Thanks

Dan & Sara "

I think it's because you're not looking for single guys it's just not on

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

I wouldn't question it and just go to clubs who do want your custom. Don't give it brainspace xxx

"I wouldn't question it and just go to clubs who do want your custom. Don't give it brainspace xxx"

This...

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"I wouldn't question it and just go to clubs who do want your custom. Don't give it brainspace xxx"

The voice of reason.....

London

"The first time we applied our photos were rubbish - assumed that was the reason. This time round, the photos were - well - pretty good. Yes we live apart (the joy of having children who we don’t want to disrupt their schooling etc) but other from that a perfectly normal couple. Baffled. "

There are only two people taking the decision. So they did not like you. Their club, their decision. Just sets them apart from those organisers who actually have objective criteria for membership.

By *aughtius MaximiusMan  over a year ago

Cambridge

Thanks

Dan & Sara "

"

Could I recommend Abfab/Kestrel near Heathrow.

It’s open every day of the week including Sunday. There’s a party on Saturday night. It has a fantastic indoor swimming pool and soon to a have brand new jacuzzi room. There’s a well stocked bar and huge cinema and lounge areas. A dungeon room and lots of play rooms. It’s very friendly and non cliquey.

By *orticiaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

"I wouldn't question it and just go to clubs who do want your custom. Don't give it brainspace xxx

The voice of reason..... "

Absolutely.

If they don’t want you, it’s them who have the issue, not you. I find people who make selections based on looks alone to be pretty shallow & vacuous on the whole, so I wouldn’t take it personally!

Find somewhere you are welcomed & enjoy x

By *mm and HerCouple  over a year ago

Hertfordshire

Thanks

Dan & Sara "

Don't take it personally! There have been many, many other threads on the same topic. I recall at least one couple complain they were rejected when they went back a second time even! Their club, their criteria...their loss.

Try op4f (ourplace4fun) which is on the tube, or the newly open Ab Fabs (aka Kestrels during the day) which is 1 mile from Terminal 5.

By *esires of HertsCouple  over a year ago

Herts and London Borders

Cant recall exactly but I'm sure I read on a thread a while back that you may be accepted to attend on a particular night but they may also tell you on the same night that they will not be extending the membership

[Removed by poster at 01/08/19 17:42:55]

By *il73Woman  over a year ago

Hyde

Huh? What is this? Some exclusive club?? Too pretentious I reckon!

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

"The first time we applied our photos were rubbish - assumed that was the reason. This time round, the photos were - well - pretty good. Yes we live apart (the joy of having children who we don’t want to disrupt their schooling etc) but other from that a perfectly normal couple. Baffled.

There are only two people taking the decision. So they did not like you. Their club, their decision. Just sets them apart from those organisers who actually have objective criteria for membership."

Also we do seem to meet a lot of Europeans, particularly French (no really it’s true), who are members there, we suspect part of their criteria is getting an international mix of people.

Thanks all - still a bit shit given its a big part of the London scene - but fuck all we can do about it.

By *_MariusMan  over a year ago

Currently Faraway

Thanks

Dan & Sara "

I’ve actually briefly exchanged mobile texts with the management of the club about a potential future visit. I’m glad I happened to see this thread because I’ll be avoiding that club now. I am sorry about your experience.

I applied for that place about 2 years ago.... Rejected. Chin up, plenty more clubs

London

"The first time we applied our photos were rubbish - assumed that was the reason. This time round, the photos were - well - pretty good. Yes we live apart (the joy of having children who we don’t want to disrupt their schooling etc) but other from that a perfectly normal couple. Baffled.

There are only two people taking the decision. So they did not like you. Their club, their decision. Just sets them apart from those organisers who actually have objective criteria for membership.

Also we do seem to meet a lot of Europeans, particularly French (no really it’s true), who are members there, we suspect part of their criteria is getting an international mix of people."

They know I am not English and speak a few languages. It is extremely unlikely to be their criterion. I think the only one is how they feel about someone.

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

Thanks

Dan & Sara "

. I am a single guy who has applied twice the applications were 18 months apart both times applications were rejected the email response was the same both times sorry we are currently inordinated with single guys.As I live in London I thought it would be nice to have a club in London I could get to quite easily by underground.Yes I was disappointed but I have moved on I am now a member at OP4F and I may consider membership for AbFabs even though it’s a trek by underground.

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

Fab is all about rejection in various forms. If you can’t cope with it you shouldn’t be here.

By *orticiaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

"Fab is all about rejection in various forms. If you can’t cope with it you shouldn’t be here. "

But clubs aren’t Fab. And this comment pointless & not useful in any way.

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"Fab is all about rejection in various forms. If you can’t cope with it you shouldn’t be here.

But clubs aren’t Fab. And this comment pointless & not useful in any way."

Yup.

By *otwifeAndHerMrCouple  over a year ago

Lyneham

When me and my hubby had a couples profile we also got declined from LB we had been to other clubs ect and no problems

By *iandhornyCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Similar situation for us only for us they gave us a membership so we attended a Friday night. I then emailed them about two months later to see what events were coming up and they replied that our membership was only a temp one and upon further thoughts it was cancelled when i emailed back asking why they replied that we weren't their kind of clientele, similar to you we didn't think we were that bad so i replied to them stating that although not models we see ourselves fitting in with other that were there.

He replied that 'he disagreed and that i was Fat and my wife is ugly'

So the true rude and disrespectful nature of this club was revealed.

Thing is the video is a con as the club it's self is poorly decorated and basic compared to VA.

And to top it off the one night we did attend our bottle of vodka was stolen half way through the night, so they obviously attract a very high caliber type of clientele.

Trust me darlin, their loss not yours

Worth neither the emotional nor temporal investment

By *oul BrothaMan  over a year ago

A Galaxy far far away

I find this very peculiar. I've been to LB, and the people in this thread are better looking than me.

As already stated, try another club around London, there's a few on offer. Good luck.

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

"Similar situation for us only for us they gave us a membership so we attended a Friday night. I then emailed them about two months later to see what events were coming up and they replied that our membership was only a temp one and upon further thoughts it was cancelled when i emailed back asking why they replied that we weren't their kind of clientele, similar to you we didn't think we were that bad so i replied to them stating that although not models we see ourselves fitting in with other that were there.

He replied that 'he disagreed and that i was Fat and my wife is ugly'

So the true rude and disrespectful nature of this club was revealed.

Thing is the video is a con as the club it's self is poorly decorated and basic compared to VA.

And to top it off the one night we did attend our bottle of vodka was stolen half way through the night, so they obviously attract a very high caliber type of clientele.

Trust me darlin, their loss not yours "

So fucking rude I don’t need know why anyone supports this club. I went on the opening weekend and there were 9 of us including the owners. We had a good time but I’ve not been back after hearing these stories.

I like nice people whatever they present as. Fuck beautiful or slim or anything else they seem required for membership - if you’re ugly on the inside I don’t want to know you.

By *aughtycouple1008Couple  over a year ago

west london

To hell with them in polite words

This . There is a thread on here somewhere with the ownera input and they came across as spiteful and quite nasty (although in fairness many people said that they ate not like that in real life) but what was clear is that the yes or no seems entirely subjective with no clear criteria and that they were willing to let people in for the night and then tell them they weren't welcome back.

I know LB has its fans including many friends of mine but it's really not a club for me.

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Thanks

Dan & Sara "

In the words of someone famous

"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member"

It's there loss not yours so feck them

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

"Fab is all about rejection in various forms. If you can’t cope with it you shouldn’t be here. "

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

There’s rejection and then there’s been called fat or ugly like one of the posters above reported. On fab or from a club regarding membership, rejection doesn’t warrant insults like that.

By *ifty grades of shadyCouple  over a year ago

Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight

"I wouldn't question it and just go to clubs who do want your custom. Don't give it brainspace xxx

This . There is a thread on here somewhere with the ownera input and they came across as spiteful and quite nasty (although in fairness many people said that they ate not like that in real life) but what was clear is that the yes or no seems entirely subjective with no clear criteria and that they were willing to let people in for the night and then tell them they weren't welcome back.

I know LB has its fans including many friends of mine but it's really not a club for me. "

The club owners are only doing what their gut says, the same as what most here would advocate.

As they are best placed to know what they are offering to their members, and it is their criteria that they operate, it is right that they do the best for them in the longer term.

It's not our thing to be subjected to a starting point that rates us, either of us, so wouldn't apply anyway, but we defend their right to do this if they want to.

As others have said, there are alternatives to this place that will welcome you and you'll fit in with your fellow guests and enjoy your experience without having to be going through hoops in achieving something that has a subjective criteria to begin with.

They will have turned away many decent folk and probably admitted a few arsehole to on occasion, so don't sweat it. Go where you are welcomed and look forward to returning having had a great time.

You are worth it.

London

"Fab is all about rejection in various forms. If you can’t cope with it you shouldn’t be here.

There’s rejection and then there’s been called fat or ugly like one of the posters above reported. On fab or from a club regarding membership, rejection doesn’t warrant insults like that. "

"Fat" and "ugly" are subjective. Precisely the reason why there is a difference between organising events for your guests and organising your own entertainment while making people pay for the privilege.

London

Thanks

Dan & Sara

"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member"

"

Grouchy Marx.

By *insbury Park FabberMan  over a year ago

London

Thanks

Dan & Sara

Grouchy Marx."

The wonderful Groucho Marx! He wasn't grouchy at all

London

Thanks

Dan & Sara

Grouchy Marx.

The wonderful Groucho Marx! He wasn't grouchy at all "

Oops.

Autocarrot, my favourite vegetable.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Exactly this.

Hi, best club in London outplace4fun. It’s 10 mins by frequent trains from kings cross. Always have a fantastic time.

I see no difference to someone on here saying they didn't want to meet.

If they are also rude when saying no then who would want to meet someone like that anyway.

I've been turned down for parties, socials and meets. It's fine.

By *jEuphoriaCouple  over a year ago

north kent

Thanks

Dan & Sara "

Same as Klub Verboten. Clubs shouldn’t exclude anyone, unless they are assholes.

I wouldn't waste my time, money or energy on the club when there are so many great clubs around. Pleasures. Eureka. Bristol Gardens in Brighton. VA. And the best club ever Chameleons. You would probably find the people there are so far up their own arse, they are virtually cheerios.

By *horty4Man  over a year ago

london

Thanks

Dan & Sara

Same as Klub Verboten. Clubs shouldn’t exclude anyone, unless they are assholes. "

From your profile....

“Looking to play with SLIM, AVERAGE, couples, or single females, sorry but our preference.”

I'm tempted to try now, just to say no if they accept us

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

There’s rejection and then there’s been called fat or ugly like one of the posters above reported. On fab or from a club regarding membership, rejection doesn’t warrant insults like that. "

That came after my comment. It was on my to visit list. I wouldn’t go no through principle.

Spot on

» Add a new message to this topic