FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Festival of Fun Aug 7th & 8th

Festival of Fun Aug 7th & 8th

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ink flamingo OP   Woman  over a year ago

essex

It’s confirmed, the Vanilla Alternative

Festival or Fun is back

This years theme is

The Circus of Shits and Giggles

We’ve got live performers, bands, DJs and various fun and games to keep everyone laughing

The VA team can’t wait!

XxX

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *attyBWoman  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Ooooh its in the diary....excited for this as always!!

Roll on 1st May

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

Date noted

By *rHornyGentMan  over a year ago

South East London

How on earth do you dress up for shits and giggles

I shall have my usual Kik group running with an option for Telegram too.

Let me know if you want in

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Fabulous, I will be there. I love the festivals x

By *ornybunnies79Couple  over a year ago

Dorchester

Hopefully we will make it this year!!

Xx

South East London

"Hopefully we will make it this year!!

Xx"

Dropping out at the last minute must have been a rotten feeling. It’s still the best weekender of the year xx

By *ornybunnies79Couple  over a year ago

Dorchester

Xx

Dropping out at the last minute must have been a rotten feeling. It’s still the best weekender of the year xx"

Yep, it was horrid.. Hopefully we will be having a drink together this year! Xx

By *ouayneCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

We are trying to hire a campervan in preparation LOLs xxx

By *urvyandCurious999Woman  over a year ago

Hiding from twats

I'd love to come this year. Might camp if that's an option.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sound interesting

South East London

Xx

Dropping out at the last minute must have been a rotten feeling. It’s still the best weekender of the year xx

Yep, it was horrid.. Hopefully we will be having a drink together this year! Xx "

Fingers crossed we do

By *heSofaDestroyersCouple  over a year ago

HereAndThere

That’s sounds just like what we need after lockdown

By *uttyandbeeCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

Even if it does go ahead which is very much doubtful esp if it takes place on its usual date the first weekend in august. The social distancing laws could still be in place. Last time we went you couldnt even social distance in the camping field the units were so tightly close together that a few mentioned that if a fire officer arrived he would have had a heart attack.

essex

Well in the aim of positivity we shall wait and see what the authorities have to say about it all. This year is the second weekend of August as the first is split over July/Aug.

No tickets have been sold so all we can do is wait and see.

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

Missed this last two years running, very much like to attend and catch up with friends.

"Even if it does go ahead which is very much doubtful esp if it takes place on its usual date the first weekend in august. The social distancing laws could still be in place. Last time we went you couldnt even social distance in the camping field the units were so tightly close together that a few mentioned that if a fire officer arrived he would have had a heart attack."

Pretty much all festivals these days position tents closely together so that they can accommodate as many people as possible and make sure that everyone wanting to camp can and join in the fun...

There are always catering facilities so people just need to be mindful and respect of others plus for those not wanting to camp ‘festival’ style, there are various local hotels that are pretty cheap...

I’m sure the staff will monitor things as best they can

Also in respect of Covid 19, if there is still ‘social distancing’ in place, I’m sure it would be postponed... guess we have to make plans and be positive as things ‘may’ have changed by then!! Fingers crossed we will all be enjoying the festival again this year.

This sounds really exciting and it would be great to have something to look forward to could you point me in the right direction please I'd love to get involved... Thanks in advance

hiding from cock pics.

I so hope it does somehow go ahead and things have changed by then.

"I so hope it does somehow go ahead and things have changed by then. "

Yes me too! Will be gutted if we can’t have festival this year... we always enjoy seeing you too... I remember sitting with you and building the trees! My fingers were so sore after, lol

By *inkandBlue80Couple  over a year ago

London

Fingers and flanny flaps crossed that it can go ahead!

This sounds like a bit of us

By *eachy123Woman  over a year ago

Rochdale/Manchester/Blackpool and were ever the mood takes me

Sounds fun

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

Do people honestly think anything will have changed in 4 months?! Where is the virus going? There will be no gatherings of any sort for a very very long time and social distancing will have to become a way of life - which isn't easy in a swinging environment!

Leeds

"Even if it does go ahead which is very much doubtful esp if it takes place on its usual date the first weekend in august. The social distancing laws could still be in place. Last time we went you couldnt even social distance in the camping field the units were so tightly close together that a few mentioned that if a fire officer arrived he would have had a heart attack.

Pretty much all festivals these days position tents closely together so that they can accommodate as many people as possible and make sure that everyone wanting to camp can and join in the fun...

There are always catering facilities so people just need to be mindful and respect of others plus for those not wanting to camp ‘festival’ style, there are various local hotels that are pretty cheap...

I’m sure the staff will monitor things as best they can

Also in respect of Covid 19, if there is still ‘social distancing’ in place, I’m sure it would be postponed... guess we have to make plans and be positive as things ‘may’ have changed by then!! Fingers crossed we will all be enjoying the festival again this year. "

You have to draw the line at some point regarding safety and profit

Both the camping and caravan club and the caravan and motorhome club adhere to the 6 metre rule.

Even then organisers and landowners can apply for a temporary camping area for up to 28 days they have to go to the relevant local council and get a license. Then they have to prove that safety and sanitation facilities are in place for the amount of units they are applying for.

South East London

"Fingers and flanny flaps crossed that it can go ahead! "

Like the way you think!

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

Wow, there are some deluded people here! Professor Costello, a leading physician from UCL who has got most things right said this morning that the UK is gonna end up with the highest death toll in Europe( don't need a professor to tell us that) and that we can expect up to 6 more waves over the next year and until a vaccine is found and there are actually people who think that a swinging events will take place in a few months? Maybe those dreamers who think that enjoy playing Russian roulette cos it's not gonna be any different.

By *i winkersCouple  over a year ago

manchester

We have everything crossed it will be on its hayleys birthday weekend x

Leeds

You have to admire people's optimism. As restrictions are gradually lifted somehow I think some of these venues may be down the list. But you never know with this government and its ineptitudes they didn't listen two months ago

By *hor ThumbMan  over a year ago

bristol

I run a circus company. Let me know if you need anything.

bristol

[Removed by poster at 17/04/20 16:58:19]

bristol

"[Removed by poster at 17/04/20 16:58:19]"
sorry not going to happen. I'm heavily involved in this industry and it's extremely unlikely to happen. Even if it does, it's not a sensible approach.

essex

I do love a room and gloom story when all people want is hope

However China have just revised their numbers (surprise there) so who knows.

The summer could be written off, or it may not nobody knows that’s the point

essex

[Removed by poster at 17/04/20 17:48:15]

essex

"I run a circus company. Let me know if you need anything."

No thank you but thanks for the offer

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

"Wow, there are some deluded people here! Professor Costello, a leading physician from UCL who has got most things right said this morning that the UK is gonna end up with the highest death toll in Europe( don't need a professor to tell us that) and that we can expect up to 6 more waves over the next year and until a vaccine is found and there are actually people who think that a swinging events will take place in a few months? Maybe those dreamers who think that enjoy playing Russian roulette cos it's not gonna be any different. "

One can live and hope.

“ need something to lift the spirits “.

hiding from cock pics.

"I so hope it does somehow go ahead and things have changed by then.

Yes me too! Will be gutted if we can’t have festival this year... we always enjoy seeing you too... I remember sitting with you and building the trees! My fingers were so sore after, lol "

True, there were so many lights to fix to them, but they did look fantastic in the end and we packed them really carefully so next time there is a festival, so we won't have to re fix all the lights again.

Fingers were sore but the atmosphere was awesome and the excitement building up to the opening of the festival really fabulous

"Wow, there are some deluded people here! Professor Costello, a leading physician from UCL who has got most things right said this morning that the UK is gonna end up with the highest death toll in Europe( don't need a professor to tell us that) and that we can expect up to 6 more waves over the next year and until a vaccine is found and there are actually people who think that a swinging events will take place in a few months? Maybe those dreamers who think that enjoy playing Russian roulette cos it's not gonna be any different. "
hate to be the bringer of bad news

Absolutely spot on with this comment.

By *i winkersCouple  over a year ago

manchester

"Wow, there are some deluded people here! Professor Costello, a leading physician from UCL who has got most things right said this morning that the UK is gonna end up with the highest death toll in Europe( don't need a professor to tell us that) and that we can expect up to 6 more waves over the next year and until a vaccine is found and there are actually people who think that a swinging events will take place in a few months? Maybe those dreamers who think that enjoy playing Russian roulette cos it's not gonna be any different. hate to be the bringer of bad news

Absolutely spot on with this comment."

If it doesn't happen then it's fine. But anything could happen in 4 months nothing wrong with a bit of hope

» Add a new message to this topic