FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Pic ages

Pic ages

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

All pics should be upto date, or at least a 2/3 years old.. If not then Should be deleted automatically.. Would actually save space too!

A couple just got intouch with us with pics from 3 years old as far as 10 years! What's that all about?!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What's there to stop people uploading the same old pics over and over again as so many are doing now anyway? If they leave them at least you know how old the pics are.

"What's there to stop people uploading the same old pics over and over again as so many are doing now anyway? If they leave them at least you know how old the pics are."

Yeah we noticed that from a few couples

By *eardsandboobsCouple  over a year ago

market rasen

We add new pics all the time but we like to keep our older ones on as they give us memories . People can also see how we have evolved on here

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"We add new pics all the time but we like to keep our older ones on as they give us memories . People can also see how we have evolved on here "

I agree with this sentiment which is why I opt to be a good site supporter so I can show more of my photos.

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"We add new pics all the time but we like to keep our older ones on as they give us memories . People can also see how we have evolved on here

I agree with this sentiment which is why I opt to be a good site supporter so I can show more of my photos. "

Gold* but I am good too.lol

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

[Removed by poster at 15/08/20 09:26:03]

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

My oldest pics are three years old.i do them for me as much as anyone else. I intend to keep them. Why remove them. A pic is just a pic. It's the, real person that counts.

By *r and Mrs PenguinCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

Our first couple of pics when we joined 4 years ago were just ya normal photo album pics which were a year or 2, old as we were new to this. We have left them all there for people to see.

The more experienced and more comfortable we have got, we add new ones along the way.

I do agree tho that having a profile a of a few months old with pics from 2-3 yes or older should not be allowed.

Ur not meeting the person they were years ago. Even if they do think they have not changed.

Ha ha

Mrs p/Dionne x. x x

By *r GLTMan  over a year ago

Twickenham

Agree pics should be kept pretty much upto date. Some Fabbers certainley do not keep their photos upto date. I'm speaking from experience.

By *aven RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I've got pics on from when I joined 2 1/2 years ago. I like to keep them for me to see. I constantly add new pics though as well. It's all down to personal preferences. I do socials first so I can see what people look like or used to meet at clubs x

By *ymguy1966Man  over a year ago

Port Talbot

I have older pics but I do also add up to date pics too

I'm off to find some pics of me 25 years ago, would get much more interest ??

On the downside I'd have to explain why I no longer look like my pics ??

By *kblokenorthMan  over a year ago

Any

Pics can be so much more than ‘what you look like’

They can convey a message to others via eg the activity or location, the type of people in the pic etc etc

Eg pics of naturism or beach, outdoor, camping

Pics of clubbing, dogging whatever

Eg I have pics from regular trips to Cap d’Agde. Don’t want to remove them, why should I ?

It’s not all about ‘This is me right now’

Pic verification is only one aspect of the trust process for new contacts. If you haven’t done your due diligence on the rest, old pics ain’t gonna make any difference?

If you’re considering a meet and are uncertain , it’s easy enough to request a direct pic holding a newspaper or card with today’s date written on.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

I've got pics on here from when I joined, which was many years ago, I wouldn't be impressed if they were automatically deleted.

Mime is a a day old others a frew days

"Agree pics should be kept pretty much upto date. Some Fabbers certainley do not keep their photos upto date. I'm speaking from experience."

Same. Looked at pics. Met for a social and looked like they'd ages 10 years, lol

"

I do agree tho that having a profile a of a few months old with pics from 2-3 yes or older should not be allowed.

Ur not meeting the person they were years ago. Even if they do think they have not changed.

Ha ha

Mrs p/Dionne x. x x"

That's exactly my point.

Snd said couple have just called us stuck up cnuts

By *eardsandboobsCouple  over a year ago

market rasen

"

Ha ha

Mrs p/Dionne x. x x

That's exactly my point.

Snd said couple have just called us stuck up cnuts "

its your choice of you message them or not . If you see they have old photos and not for you why get in to a dialogue with them . Just ignore and move on .

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

A lot seem to remove photos on here & reload them on a regular basis just to get a newer date on them. Not actually sure who it is they are trying to convince sometimes.

They may well be really nice pics but unless your Dorian Gray they are no longer a true image of you. Using angles & good (or bad depending on your perspective) lighting is one thing, reloading years old pics for a newer date should be covered by the trade descriptions act

S

Any

"A lot seem to remove photos on here & reload them on a regular basis just to get a newer date on them. Not actually sure who it is they are trying to convince sometimes.

They may well be really nice pics but unless your Dorian Gray they are no longer a true image of you. Using angles & good (or bad depending on your perspective) lighting is one thing, reloading years old pics for a newer date should be covered by the trade descriptions act

S"

Another angle on this:-

Many folks reloading pics do it to get a free ad for their profile. All hotlist, friends lists etc get a copy of the uploaded pic - they may well have seen it before - but it’s another way of signalling your profile is still active.

What’s the harm so long as you’re not showing a significant body/age difference?

Any

"

its your choice of you message them or not . If you see they have old photos and not for you why get in to a dialogue with them . Just ignore and move on . "

^^ This ^^

By *rx1Couple  over a year ago

Okehampton

It makes us smile, when we get a bearded picture and we politely ask if the Guy has even read our profile.

They say they have, but is was an old picture and they are Clean shaven now.

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

"A lot seem to remove photos on here & reload them on a regular basis just to get a newer date on them. Not actually sure who it is they are trying to convince sometimes.

S

Many folks reloading pics do it to get a free ad for their profile. All hotlist, friends lists etc get a copy of the uploaded pic - they may well have seen it before - but it’s another way of signalling your profile is still active.

What’s the harm so long as you’re not showing a significant body/age difference?"

Then put up new pics, not delete four year old ones off your profile & then reload the same pic as new, that is just deceitful surely?

S

Any

S

What’s the harm so long as you’re not showing a significant body/age difference?

Then put up new pics, not delete four year old ones off your profile & then reload the same pic as new, that is just deceitful surely?

S"

Only if the poster is looking to pass off a different body image etc. Many folk don’t change shape much (last time I measured my cock it was the same size as last year, so was my waistline...).

For those that do then fair enough.

Unfortunately there’s a lot of mistrust on here generated by those seeking to be dishonest.

Some folks go to the trouble of a professional photo shoot, or have pics taken in a nice location that they want back at the top of their pic list for example. They can’t always get ‘instagram’ results!

As above, if you want up to date provenance, ask for today’s pic and just view the rest as supplementary info.

No need to be calling for a picture ban......

S

S"

Exactly

To be fair it wouldn't be too hard to extract the date the photo was taken from the EXIF data embedded in the image. If that was used as the date rather than the upload date it could solve a lot of problems?

(This would cover most of the problems here but wouldn't stop the most determined altering the EXIF data to get a newer date).

By *elloWoman  over a year ago

alpha centauri

My oldest photo is 11 years old and the latest is 1 day, I would be really bloody annoyed if my older photos got deleted, I like looking back and seeing how I've changed.

By *londie8399Couple  over a year ago

blackpool

We send a recent face pic anyway so it's there choice to meet us from that

By *ussieDaveMan  over a year ago

newcastle upon tyne

A good idea for a fresh pic is to ask them to take it with 2 or 3 fingers held up. Or some other type of gesture that shows it was in response to you.

By *umblewhoreCouple  over a year ago

Burntwood

"User no longer on site"

Well there's a surprise.

» Add a new message to this topic