FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > OPT OUT OF POSTCODES

OPT OUT OF POSTCODES

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I don't want to have to use the first half of postcode just so I can be searched, so why can't we have an opt out option???

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aul DeUther-OneMan  over a year ago

Seaside Sussex

You [sort of] can:

If you want to avoid being searched for then put the first half of the postcode of the high street of your town rather than your own home street.

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

Or choose the first half of the postcode of the middle of a big city - whether nearby or not lolol

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I used a random postcode and had numerous messages so that plan didn't work. So for time being only option is to stay hidden.

By *exeterMan  over a year ago

m5 Devon-Somerset border area

Down here in the south west we get a problem with postcodes as the first two letters actually cover a very large area.

We get updates from the area of where you are but not from places near by that start with a different start of the postcode

I get regular updates on people an hour away but nothing from 2 city's and 3 major towns as they all start with a different 2 letters on the postcode

Search feature works fine but wish the local updates where as the crow flies or travel time

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

According to fab in the last few months I've lived in Newcastle, Liverpool, mid Wales and south Wales but then you get bombarded by the locals of your fab location so it doesn't work. I'd definitely prefer to not put my location down for all to see and tell those that I wish to know myself.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"Down here in the south west we get a problem with postcodes as the first two letters actually cover a very large area.

"

That's what happens here, I'm in Lincs but with Notts postcode

By *lansman01Man  over a year ago

Birmingham/Moseley

Having no location would make search virtually useless, what's the point of finding someone 300 miles away. This what it's like in the Meets and Events section... one entry for all of Scotland, the meets can be 5hrs drive away...

I think that's Rubenesque's point. She doesn't WANT to appear in people's searches. I assume that when/if she does her own search, she uses her correct postcode, to assess how close members are to her. Not appearing in others' searches is just like another filter, it's a way of cutting down on unwanted messages.

By *lansman01Man  over a year ago

Birmingham/Moseley

well if that's what they want to do they can just hide the profile

"well if that's what they want to do they can just hide the profile "

That doesn't work, in cases where someone wants to do their own searching. If they message someone, they WANT the recipient to be able to see their profile.

"well if that's what they want to do they can just hide the profile

That doesn't work, in cases where someone wants to do their own searching. If they message someone, they WANT the recipient to be able to see their profile."

I've had quite a number over the year who have winked or messaged and have had their profile hidden...they open it when/ if I reply...some also have not lol.

By *hrobinhoodMan  over a year ago

arnold, Nottingham

"I don't want to have to use the first half of postcode just so I can be searched, so why can't we have an opt out option???"

Doesn't have to be your post code though lol

Un tick what you are looking for.. You shouldn't show in anyone's search then

"Un tick what you are looking for.. You shouldn't show in anyone's search then "

*who you are looking for

By *onnie and JohnCouple  over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

why not ask admin for a search engine, so you can search for either town / country / post code / site supporter / verified / etc ? ..connie x

» Add a new message to this topic