FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Green arrow on profile

Green arrow on profile

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *unandbuck OP   Couple  over a year ago

Sheffield

The green arrow that is so handy in the forums would be even better if it was also on peoples profile.

You could click it to see their forum posts, which is a great insight - as useful or more than the profile.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

By *eanut Butter CupWoman  over a year ago

B & M Bargains

Definitely agree with this!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have thought that more than once!

By *ammyharrogateWoman  over a year ago

Harrogate

If you click on it you can see what they have been on can’t you ?

Fabulous idea OP, but most Fabbers don't use the forums. So not worth implementing.

However the way around it is:

From your home page, select forum, recent threads you posted to and in the URL remove your username and enter any profile username.

If they post in the forums that will take you to the page you're looking for.

Sheffield

"If you click on it you can see what they have been on can’t you ? "

That's right, but it currently only appears next to their name in their forum posts.

Sheffield

"Fabulous idea OP, but most Fabbers don't use the forums. So not worth implementing.

However the way around it is:

From your home page, select forum, recent threads you posted to and in the URL remove your username and enter any profile username.

If they post in the forums that will take you to the page you're looking for."

True, but would have thought it would be an easy implentation, since the function already exists.

Your copy and paste URL is a handy workround tip.

By *MFC PartiesWoman  over a year ago

Here, There & Everywhere

"The green arrow that is so handy in the forums would be even better if it was also on peoples profile.

You could click it to see their forum posts, which is a great insight - as useful or more than the profile."

This has been requested several times, and on a personal note (as a party organiser) I would find it very useful

Seeing someone's forum comments would certainly give me a better insight and would make me think twice about welcoming them into our events!

Totally agree with this

"The green arrow that is so handy in the forums would be even better if it was also on peoples profile.

You could click it to see their forum posts, which is a great insight - as useful or more than the profile.

This has been requested several times, and on a personal note (as a party organiser) I would find it very useful

Seeing someone's forum comments would certainly give me a better insight and would make me think twice about welcoming them into our events! "

Oh dear, that's my invite gone XXX

I suggested this a while back, and got called a stalker!

Just tried the above suggestion and worked perfectly thank you. Like someone said, it gives you a little deeper insight into the personality of the persons you are thinking of meeting and can help you decide!

"I suggested this a while back, and got called a stalker!

Just tried the above suggestion and worked perfectly thank you. Like someone said, it gives you a little deeper insight into the personality of the persons you are thinking of meeting and can help you decide! "

Agreed, but soo sorry everyone!

*stalker alert*

Damn it! Haha

On a serious note hope it reveals what you're looking for and the green arrow brings as much pleasure for you as it has for me over the years

Slightly off topic, but still sticking to the forums... I have noticed there are a few new forum users and they don't know the wonderful world of smilies

Just incase they happen to be passing through or lurking...

Or grrrr-ing

I will go into the Fab archives and bring forward the smilies thread with the full list. All you have to do is you guessed it...

Use the green arrow next to my name. What better way to test that feature and all the smilies will be revealed.

Wait...

Don't rush at once! I need to see if I can find that thread first.

By *sianmale89Man  over a year ago

Stockport

....or OP you can just type this into the search bar www.fabswingers.com/forum-poster/(insertfab username) so that is how I would do it by putting the username after the forum poster part and that tends to work for the most part....kind off like a vetting procedure or insight.

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

Lots of folk on here dont know how to

Get on the forums

Know the forums exist

Or do but can't be arsed ...

So its pointless really

Its usefull for folk who actually DO use the forums

By *xtrafun4youMan  over a year ago

Dunstable

You could click it to see their forum posts, which is a great insight - as useful or more than the profile."

great idea

Sheffield

"Lots of folk on here dont know how to

Get on the forums

Know the forums exist

Or do but can't be arsed ...

So its pointless really

Its usefull for folk who actually DO use the forums"

Well not pointless then . It has a lot of use for lots, but would come up with no result for a lot of people.

The function already exists, so it's a quick win.

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

+1

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

It's something to do with the extra time it takes to load a (profile) page, if it has an extra link embedded within it. It's not the actual picture of the green arrow, it's all the back-end linky-things that sit behind it (technical term ). Admin once said that less than half of one percent of Fabsters use the Forums, so for the vast majority of profiles, it would be slowing down the site unnecessarily.

"It's something to do with the extra time it takes to load a (profile) page, if it has an extra link embedded within it. It's not the actual picture of the green arrow, it's all the back-end linky-things that sit behind it (technical term ). Admin once said that less than half of one percent of Fabsters use the Forums, so for the vast majority of profiles, it would be slowing down the site unnecessarily."

Thank you for taking the time to explain this, it makes sense.

Sheffield

"It's something to do with the extra time it takes to load a (profile) page, if it has an extra link embedded within it. It's not the actual picture of the green arrow, it's all the back-end linky-things that sit behind it (technical term ). Admin once said that less than half of one percent of Fabsters use the Forums, so for the vast majority of profiles, it would be slowing down the site unnecessarily."

I don't think that's correct. It equivalent to less than a line of text. You can see examples above of how to type it in to your browser.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"It's something to do with the extra time it takes to load a (profile) page, if it has an extra link embedded within it. It's not the actual picture of the green arrow, it's all the back-end linky-things that sit behind it (technical term ). Admin once said that less than half of one percent of Fabsters use the Forums, so for the vast majority of profiles, it would be slowing down the site unnecessarily.

-------

I don't think that's correct. It equivalent to less than a line of text. You can see examples above of how to type it in to your browser."

I concur. As someone who has created many websites, adding the green arrow to the profile page, or next to a username in a list would have ZERO impact on the efficiency of the site.

Cal

» Add a new message to this topic