FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Voicing it for others on this site

Voicing it for others on this site

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *haggydogstyle OP   Man  over a year ago

Glastonbury

Sorry but we dont agree with the moderator on closing down our recent thread on the subject of Timewasters!!

Users may be on Dynamic IP addresses.

But once an individuals computer/hardware IP has been closed. This makes it harder for the individual to reset their IP address and you also need to be techinally/IP minded.

Or is this just another case of sweeping the dust under the carpet as Fab are getting the revenue in..... or cant be bothered spending out to do these things!!!!

I rest my case!!!!!

Get it sorted Fab.. one very angry user voicing it for many others on this site!!!

Instead of closing Forums down Fab Moderators, start answering Users questions on what is being done to take action to prevent this in the future!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do to stop someone wasting your time in the future.

As per our previous message most users nowadays are on dynamic IPs and regardless many users access the site on multiple devices anyway. People love to think that "banning IPs" is a solution. It isn't, unfortunately.

Our best suggestion is that it might be worth reconsidering your criteria for arranging meets if timewasters are such a problem for you? Others seem to get by without problems.

Admin x

Glastonbury

I think you will find if you done a survey of this site and asked your users what was their "Biggest problem on this Site" it would be to do with Timewasters.

Its about time someone stoodup and got counted and that is why i'm doing this...as i've seen today...moderators seem to close things down without answering Questions properly....

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Calm down, it was the site owner who shut your thread after they gave a perfectly good answer.

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"I think you will find if you done a survey of this site and asked your users what was their "Biggest problem on this Site" it would be to do with Timewasters.

Its about time someone stoodup and got counted and that is why i'm doing this...as i've seen today...moderators seem to close things down without answering Questions properly....

"

We're not entirely clear what your solution to "timewasters" is?

If you have problems with arranging a meet and someone does not turn up, did you know that you can REPORT them via their profile page? Admin will review.

Admin x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

yeh but whats point in reporting them then there still left on the site to make other FAKE arrangements .....surely users that get reported shud get chucked off the site?? espec if happens more than the once!!!

iv used this site for yrs, and i do hav to say, timewasters hav become more of an issue now. seems to b more of a cam playing site these days, than people wanting to SWING and play for REAL!!!

surely once reported admin shud act on this????

Glastonbury

We report them and as we said before they are back under another bogus username and profile

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"yeh but whats point in reporting them then there still left on the site to make other FAKE arrangements .....surely users that get reported shud get chucked off the site?? espec if happens more than the once!!!

iv used this site for yrs, and i do hav to say, timewasters hav become more of an issue now. seems to b more of a cam playing site these days, than people wanting to SWING and play for REAL!!!

surely once reported admin shud act on this???? "

We think you'd agree that if someone reported you as a timewaster, it would be unfair on you for us to simply disable your profile. All reports are reviewed and action taken where we believe it is in the interests of the community.

Admin x

Glastonbury

I think you need to review your reviewing system them and get it sorted!!! and then you wouldnt get Forums like this from angry users who have used the site for years!!!

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"We report them and as we said before they are back under another bogus username and profile "

If there is something Admin needs to look at you are welcome to report them.

Given that you know they are someone who wasted your time before though, it seems that it shouldn't happen again. In this case, we don't see how if we'd somehow managed to block them rejoining the site (which is impossible anyway), it would have had any benefit?

Admin x

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"I think you need to review your reviewing system them and get it sorted!!! and then you wouldnt get Forums like this from angry users who have used the site for years!!!"

We're still not clear what it is you're suggesting that we should be doing, that we're not doing?

Admin x

Glastonbury

"Calm down, it was the site owner who shut your thread after they gave a perfectly good answer."

By the way where does it say they are the site owner..shouldnt this be made clear to Users also!!

I'm very calm but angry!!! and just voicing my concerns for all users for this site as its being overrun by Timewasters

Forum Mod

O o O oo

They answer with " Admin " and if you click on their profile it tells you.

Glastonbury

Do a total revue of your guidelines and processes. Then when you have done this and came up with an idea put it out to the users of the site.

Why ask users for their help your running the site you should be able to manage it.

We pay the money to use the site!!!

I'll leave it upto others to voice their concerns now...

Forum Mod

O o O oo

PS you are not voicing your views for all users, we never get timewasters....but then I suppose it depends on what a persons definition of a timewaster is?

I'm pretty sure there maybe timewasters on here although in over two years we've never encountered one.

people do have other aspects to their lives other than fabs...But according to some...

babysitter lets you down? you'll get called a timewaster..

something important crops up and you have to cancel..you're a timewaster

got no verifications?..you're a timewaster..

simply had a rethink and changed your mind?..you're a timewaster

people can come up with a hundred reasons to call someone a timewaster but we've yet to come across a real one that actually wasted our time.Actually,really wasted our time

I suspect relatively very few others have

Glastonbury

"PS you are not voicing your views for all users, we never get timewasters....but then I suppose it depends on what a persons definition of a timewaster is?"

Rugby is it written in the rules and you should know as your a moderator!!!

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Do a total revue of your guidelines and processes. Then when you have done this and came up with an idea put it out to the users of the site.

Why ask users for their help your running the site you should be able to manage it.

We pay the money to use the site!!!

I'll leave it upto others to voice their concerns now... "

It's not really up to us to dictate with guidelines or processes how people use the site. Some people seem to have a lot of anger about "timewasters" and others seem to not have any bother.

This would indicate to us that it's up to individuals to out "timewasters" themselves. If you search the forums "for timewasters" you'll find lots of good suggestions for how to do this.

Admin x

Glastonbury

Sorry for wating all your times...just close the Forum down as your not listening to peoples concerns and dont care about Users on this site.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"PS you are not voicing your views for all users, we never get timewasters....but then I suppose it depends on what a persons definition of a timewaster is?

Rugby is it written in the rules and you should know as your a moderator!!!"

I don't know what your definition is of a timewaster, but as a normal member we know what our definition is.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

ooo am out of this one.

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Sorry for wating all your times...just close the Forum down as your not listening to peoples concerns and dont care about Users on this site.

"

That's not true, you can see in this thread we've tried to understand what your problem is and how we can help resolve it but we've struggled to find out exactly what steps we can take to make you happy.

When we closed your last thread, we got in trouble so we'll be leaving this one open because other users might have some good suggestions.

Admin x

timewasters like a couple i was meant to meet lastnite, arranged for 2 weeks, they msgd few days to ask if still ok, i said yes, then bugga me dint hear another thing......then 2day there status is 'is it really hard to get a meet around here' whats that about?? and as a reg in chat, iv seen loads of users let down by meets arranged and NO Shows..... take my close mate mikensue...let down by sum1s MOTHER calling them saying he cant come out to play.......what the fk?????

"Sorry for wating all your times...just close the Forum down as your not listening to peoples concerns and dont care about Users on this site.

"

if you're that concerned about timewasters and the fact that admin don't listen and do nothing maybe you're in the wrong place. you don't seem to be getting much out of it other than geting bent out of shape

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"timewasters like a couple i was meant to meet lastnite, arranged for 2 weeks, they msgd few days to ask if still ok, i said yes, then bugga me dint hear another thing......then 2day there status is 'is it really hard to get a meet around here' whats that about?? and as a reg in chat, iv seen loads of users let down by meets arranged and NO Shows..... take my close mate mikensue...let down by sum1s MOTHER calling them saying he cant come out to play.......what the fk?????"

Hi, so far as we can see you've not made a report about this yet. Unless you report them, there's not much we can do to help.

If you visit their profile and hit REPORT and select "arranged meet, didn't turn up", you can leave a report.

Admin x

Basically I think what this op is meaning is anyone who doesn't meet them after making an arrangment is a time waster.... And because they report them to you they expect you to remove them from the site in their say so that they are time wasting......

Being messed about happens in lots of situations. Put your house or car up for sale, people come round, enthuse over it, say how it's perfect, just what they're looking for etc then you hear nothing. We've encountered very few timewasters on fab probably because we have a good filtering system in place. Sorry to hear the OP has had problems. Ms

Unless you can prove 100% un-equivocally, that someone has wasted your time for admin to take action - Move on! It's 1 persons word against another. Admin could think it's just a vendetta even if you have reported more than once.. remember they need proof!

Admin can only take action with what evidence that have available through this site!

If you do things away from the site eg, private email, txt, msn, phone etc admin cannot review this properly.

Real swingers mess other people about too, it's not just fakers. As others have said, lives get in the way.

Ensure you personally have a list of rules that you take to ensure someone is

a) real

b) less of a time waster than the rest of them

If people mess YOU about, block them and move on with your life.

The sites owners give you a plethora of ways to "help" filter people out your not interested in, or who could be "timewasters" or "fakes".

Glastonbury

Isnt this the reason why we have forums and why we voice our concerns......closing down a Forum without answering the Users conserns correctly was a very big no no and you should know better....as owner or moderator of the site....

As for the concerns of many users and many other forums on this subject it seems that Fab can do nothing about or wont thats why i say close the forum thread down.

You dont answer Users questions, you ansswe them with more questions....

You are the moderators or owners of the site you should take the relevant action.

If you want to see your site being wasted carry on with the way it is now..

or do you at long last do something about it!!!

If i were you i think the later!!!

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Isnt this the reason why we have forums and why we voice our concerns......closing down a Forum without answering the Users conserns correctly was a very big no no and you should know better....as owner or moderator of the site....

As for the concerns of many users and many other forums on this subject it seems that Fab can do nothing about or wont thats why i say close the forum thread down.

You are the moderators or owners of the site you should take the relevant action.

"

As we said at the beginning of this thread, we can't stop someone wasting your time again and the consensus of many of the users chipping in above is that it's up to individuals to out timewasters themselves.

If we could, we would sprinkle our magic anti-timewaster dust over everyone on the site, but that's not the way of the world.

You'll probably have more success if you accept reality for how it is and adapt to it using some of the suggestions above.

If you have any suggestions for how we can improve the site, we are always open to ideas.

Hope this helps,

Admin x

Glastonbury

Thats why i've said "Stop the thread"....as stated before twice now.....there is nothing we can do about it.....there is nothing the site can do about it.....so we all got to live with it....Thats life as they say!!!!

Thanks to all that put comments forward and hopefully didnt waste too many Users time.

Regards

XXXX

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

"Thats why i've said "Stop the thread"....as stated before twice now.....there is nothing we can do about it.....there is nothing the site can do about it.....so we all got to live with it....Thats life as they say!!!!

Thanks to all that put comments forward and hopefully didnt waste too many Users time.

Regards

XXXX"

Hold on a minute. You are asking admin to "do something" about the timewasters that you experience but don't give them any indication of what you want them to do. Other than banning their IP of course which admin have explained is futile as most IP addresses these days are dynamic so it can never be successful.

Admin have given us all tools to use to filter out people who we feel could, potentially, waste our time. If everyone used them to the max then their would be very little examples of timewasting going on.

As an aside ... what are you classing as timewasting?

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"PS you are not voicing your views for all users, we never get timewasters....but then I suppose it depends on what a persons definition of a timewaster is?"

Exactly what i was going to say...never had a no show yet

And if not getting a shag makes you angry,then i would take a break from swinging...its meant to be fun!

hexham

"Isnt this the reason why we have forums and why we voice our concerns......closing down a Forum without answering the Users conserns correctly was a very big no no and you should know better....as owner or moderator of the site....

As we said at the beginning of this thread, we can't stop someone wasting your time again and the consensus of many of the users chipping in above is that it's up to individuals to out timewasters themselves.

If we could, we would sprinkle our magic anti-timewaster dust over everyone on the site, but that's not the way of the world.

You'll probably have more success if you accept reality for how it is and adapt to it using some of the suggestions above.

If you have any suggestions for how we can improve the site, we are always open to ideas.

Hope this helps,

Admin x"

can i have some magic anti timewaster dust please....it would stop me having to select wisely

Glastonbury

Hope this helps,

Admin x

can i have some magic anti timewaster dust please....it would stop me having to select wisely "

Would love some too!!!!

Its not fair how come we dont get any time wasters , I am going to write to Santa and see if we cant get us 1 of them

I understand the range of emotions a person feels when they experience a timewaster, it has happened to me once only in over a year of using this site. What did I gain from it after I had calmed down? ...... Wisdom to select better meets, based on verifications, social gatherings, gut feel, and confirmation the meet as still a go-go-go for that day.

Have fun, and never go back to someone who

has blatantly let you down with no reasonable explanation.

Merry Christmas !!!

"Its not fair how come we dont get any time wasters , I am going to write to Santa and see if we cant get us 1 of them "

for that yo'll need magic anti-anti timewaster dust

"Its not fair how come we dont get any time wasters , I am going to write to Santa and see if we cant get us 1 of them

for that yo'll need magic anti-anti timewaster dust"

hey so long as it sparkles I dont care how many antis it has

"Its not fair how come we dont get any time wasters , I am going to write to Santa and see if we cant get us 1 of them

hey so long as it sparkles I dont care how many antis it has "

Arrange to meet us and we'll just not turn up. think of it as an early xmas present.

you also get the opportunity to moan about it whenever the need arises

It's the gift that keeps on giving

hey so long as it sparkles I dont care how many antis it has

Arrange to meet us and we'll just not turn up. think of it as an early xmas present.

you also get the opportunity to moan about it whenever the need arises

It's the gift that keeps on giving"

woo hoo when dont you want to meet then and please make it a warm night dont want to stand out in cold or wet come to think of it , hmmmmm thinking about that isnt that part of the fun

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

I have used this site for years myself too. I have had many disappointments where people haven't been able to turn up, I understand that sometimes family life gets in the way of swinging and don't take issue.

Many has been the time that on rearanging, the people have turned up and we've had a great time.

Now had I been less understanding I could be on here with just one cam verification shooting my mouth off.

Admin gives us all the tools, it's up to us to use them wisely.

As for not answering your concerns I rather think you mean they are not doing your bidding! I say well done admin for looking at both sides of a story before taking action.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Basically I think what this op is meaning is anyone who doesn't meet them after making an arrangment is a time waster.... And because they report them to you they expect you to remove them from the site in their say so that they are time wasting...... "

No, I think the OP is saying that whatever they think is wrong, the admin should deal with immmediately. The OP doesn't know exactly HOW the admin should deal with it, just that they have to, and straight away! Then the admin should leave open posts that shouldn't be closed, but should close posts that shouldn't be open, but they have to wait for the OP to let them know which ones should be closed or open.

Personally, I think the OP is on the wrong site. I have been a member of many sites like Fab and every single one of them had people on who could be classed as timewasters. I wonder if the OP lectured them as thoroughly. Glad I am not the admin here - I would have told the OP to get lost. In a nice way though.

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

P.S. I don't need a spokesperson to put my views to admin thank you and if I did it certainly wouldn't be the original poster.(Grrrrrr)

"(Grrrrrr)"

Glastonbury

Just to point out one thing to everyone that thinks it has only happened once to us (shaggyandfluffy) it has happened at least 3 times and the users have been reported We have also reported others for other things also.

Also i have been swing over 14 years as a single and as a married cpl over 4 years.

We know the ins and outs of swinging and we know it is fun

Some of the comments above are not helping out with the problem and just wasting time.

As i said before there is no answer to the problem, so we have to just live with it. Like you have to live with your neighbours!!!

Happy swinging

"Just to point out one thing to everyone that thinks it has only happened once to us (shaggyandfluffy) it has happened at least 3 times and the users have been reported We have also reported others for other things also.

Also i have been swing over 14 years as a single and as a married cpl over 4 years.

Some of the comments above are not helping out with the problem and just wasting time.

As i said before there is no answer to the problem, so we have to just live with it. Like you have to live with your neighbours!!!

Happy swinging "

Don't for one moment think you are unique. I have been stood up twice, both times by long term and verified members. Both were reported, one left the site. I have also been messed about on a meet.

But why make it such a big deal? The type of people who cause you grief should not take up more than the time it takes to report and block them. Any more than that and you are giving them far too much merit. Block, report, and move on.

Glastonbury

"Just to point out one thing to everyone that thinks it has only happened once to us (shaggyandfluffy) it has happened at least 3 times and the users have been reported We have also reported others for other things also.

Happy swinging

Don't for one moment think you are unique. I have been stood up twice, both times by long term and verified members. Both were reported, one left the site. I have also been messed about on a meet.

But why make it such a big deal? The type of people who cause you grief should not take up more than the time it takes to report and block them. Any more than that and you are giving them far too much merit. Block, report, and move on. "

If you read all the threads....there is problems with users being reported, banned and coming str8 back in as a different user within mins or even an hour.

As i've said before "Its Life we got to live with it" and nothing can be done about it....so lets all leave the subject....words dont sort the problem

'Get it sorted Fab.. one very angry user voicing it for many others on this site!!!'

Think most people on this site are quite capable of voicing their own thoughts and feelings - myself included !

By *inkershoes69Woman  over a year ago

maidstone

"Basically I think what this op is meaning is anyone who doesn't meet them after making an arrangment is a time waster.... And because they report them to you they expect you to remove them from the site in their say so that they are time wasting......

No, I think the OP is saying that whatever they think is wrong, the admin should deal with immmediately. The OP doesn't know exactly HOW the admin should deal with it, just that they have to, and straight away! Then the admin should leave open posts that shouldn't be closed, but should close posts that shouldn't be open, but they have to wait for the OP to let them know which ones should be closed or open.

Personally, I think the OP is on the wrong site. I have been a member of many sites like Fab and every single one of them had people on who could be classed as timewasters. I wonder if the OP lectured them as thoroughly. Glad I am not the admin here - I would have told the OP to get lost. In a nice way though. "

By *inkershoes69Woman  over a year ago

maidstone

"'Get it sorted Fab.. one very angry user voicing it for many others on this site!!!'

Think most people on this site are quite capable of voicing their own thoughts and feelings - myself included !

"

i like tis button its nearly like the fb version of like and saves me typing!

Glastonbury

"Basically I think what this op is meaning is anyone who doesn't meet them after making an arrangment is a time waster.... And because they report them to you they expect you to remove them from the site in their say so that they are time wasting......

Personally, I think the OP is on the wrong site. I have been a member of many sites like Fab and every single one of them had people on who could be classed as timewasters. I wonder if the OP lectured them as thoroughly. Glad I am not the admin here - I would have told the OP to get lost. In a nice way though. "

Points out that has also been a member of other sites as well. But this is nothing to do with them sites its to do with this site!!!

"

Points out that has also been a member of other sites as well. But this is nothing to do with them sites its to do with this site!!!"

So are you venting your anger at 'timewasters' or admin?

Glastonbury

I'm not venting my anger at anyone, i'm just stating my case and alot of other Users cases as well. This is a land of free speech!!!!

Not going to get drawn into a slagging match as i've said my bit

But you said

"

Get it sorted Fab.. one very angry user voicing it for many others on this site!!!

"

So you are venting your anger..you also mention free speech but earlier you were demanding this thread was closed...

oh i see now! you only meant your free speech and the free speech of anyone who agreed with you. well they seem to be a bit thin on the ground

"I'm not venting my anger at anyone, i'm just stating my case and alot of other Users cases as well. This is a land of free speech!!!!

Not going to get drawn into a slagging match as i've said my bit"

Pity it did not make much sense! For information, someone on a Dynamic IP simply has to reset their connection (reboot the router) and the head end re-issues an IP address. With a large ISP like BT or Sky or Virgin etc. You will get an entirely different IP 99.9% of the time! Blocking one IP address would be about as effective as issuing the Captain of the Titanic a teaspoon and telling him to start bailing!

Just use mail filters to block new users and un-verified users.... Shimples.

Or is it really that hard?

S.

"I'm not venting my anger at anyone, i'm just stating my case and alot of other Users cases as well. This is a land of free speech!!!!

Do you know exactly who the other users are that you are 'stating your case' for ?

Or is this your opinion ? - it's certainly not mine anyway and if it was I would say so myself. Without a representative doing it for me

Free speech and all that

Crikey!

*leaves thread without saying another word*

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

Christ...that took some reading!!...

Difficult and obviously an emotive subject..

Heres an idea for admin (as you asked) what about a wall of shame...a separate area with pictures (preferably face pics) of the people you (admin) have banned for what you feel is a 100% cast iron reason..

That should deter a few from coming back..

Ok next...

Barebacking, Tattooed people who would shag the person above who are looking for dogging spots..

"Christ...that took some reading!!...

Difficult and obviously an emotive subject..

Heres an idea for admin (as you asked) what about a wall of shame...a separate area with pictures (preferably face pics) of the people you (admin) have banned for what you feel is a 100% cast iron reason..

That should deter a few from coming back..

Ok next...

Barebacking, Tattooed people who would shag the person above who are looking for dogging spots..

"

" you also need to be techinally/IP minded.

"

Not hard to bounce your ip off a proxy server and there 1000's listed on the internet, much harder to block proxy servers but not impossible

Not speaking for me that's for sure as I am perfectly capable of doing it myself

Is no-one able to use their own judgement any more?

Are admin our nannies?

Nearly five years on this site, more than a few meets under my belt and guess what .... no time-wasters.

Hone your selection skills more finely, tune in your B/S antennae and use filters and blocks.

Life is too short to let it eat away at you.

"Crikey!

*leaves thread without saying another word*"

Bloody hell, I'm away for a few days and what an argument I've missed out on

PS, we've never had a timewaster yet

thought this thread had gone lol....

"Bloody hell, I'm away for a few days and what an argument I've missed out on

PS, we've never had a timewaster yet "

wb m8 lol ... im saying nowt in the forums nee more lol

Woo hoo I'm now as some of you also are time wasters for commenting on this thread , who wants to report me first

Her

It has been an experience reading the constructive comments made in your thread.

And have to sympathise with you in a way as we have like you suffered some of the same.

However we came up with the Idea If you cant win Join in LOL

lol richy^^^^ i haven't really got owt to say on this thread other than thanks christ its a forum post that isn't"would you the one above" i've also been quite lucky and never had a no show but the people i have met i've spoken to for a while and gotten to know them a bit 1st in chat.

"lol richy^^^^ i haven't really got owt to say on this thread other than thanks christ its a forum post that isn't"would you the one above" i've also been quite lucky and never had a no show but the people i have met i've spoken to for a while and gotten to know them a bit 1st in chat."

We only shag people with faces as we dont have a hidden agenda LOL

Black face brigade and people showing eveything but there face and asking for friend invite PMSL would you the one above go on a blind meet???

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"

"

Have you agreed this U-turn will the hordes of people you have elected yourself a representative of?

Weve also come across timewasters, you swop your private pics yes they love them,you chat on the site alls well, you chat over the phone , you get on like a house on fire. you make arrangments to meet up, time date place.

and bugger me 10 mins before you leave the house to meet you get a TXT which goes like this , *there granddad has lost his false teeth* so they got to go round a look for them. .o yes its true not made up. or they just dont turn up then BLOCK YOU.

come on addim, i think that if peeps are serial timewasters we should report them and 3 strikes and there OUT.

"lol richy^^^^ i haven't really got owt to say on this thread other than thanks christ its a forum post that isn't"would you the one above" i've also been quite lucky and never had a no show but the people i have met i've spoken to for a while and gotten to know them a bit 1st in chat."

lol ah but if it had been a one above i'm sure you'd get some yes answer's

this is a pile of wank

"this is a pile of wank "

tsk tsk

Nice tat

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

Personally, I think the OP is on the wrong site. I have been a member of many sites like Fab and every single one of them had people on who could be classed as timewasters. I wonder if the OP lectured them as thoroughly. Glad I am not the admin here - I would have told the OP to get lost. In a nice way though.

Points out that has also been a member of other sites as well. But this is nothing to do with them sites its to do with this site!!!"

The OP obviously doesn't understand how the internet and IP addresses work. Neither this or any other swingers site has learned how to stop timewaters, for mainy reasons, but the main one is how do you define a timewaster? Surely if someone has made arrangements to meet you, they have the right to change their minds and maybe they don't tell you because they don't want to get into a discussion of the whys and wherefors!

There are ways to work out who's who etc.. but these solutions will not be accepted by the majority of users to a swinging site, or users may not have the ability to use such sytems and therefore be unable to join the site.

The solution is to ask people for their addresses and use a small nominal fee to register their address would be cross checked by the credit/debit card company. Then if you want to ban someone from the site you are then able to ban via a name address check. This is not a fool proof system, but I have seen this used on escorts booking sites to verify peoples names and addresses for security and is also used for age verification on some sites.

But having said all that we have had no problems with timewasters on this site or any other, people have changed their minds and not met us but thats THEIR CHOICE.

".

Nice tat "

Sunds....get yer coat mate

phil m8 megabus is cheap

Whilst We arent overly excited that someone feels the need to say they speak for us, We can say that we think the Admin/Forum mod's run this site blind and are told very little about it....

Meanwhile someone makes alot of money which they invest less than 10% back into the site in the form of design or innovation.

As for IP tracking.... If I can track an IP address that was trying to attack our home router using publicly accessible tools online and then email the culprit with a photo of their front door then IP's can be banned, Especially when you consider that Every Router/Pc/Apple has a unique identifying IP address.... Whilst We know there is a limitation to the ip address's for internet access we know that the same isnt true for identifying hardware.

Timewasters, This site has the same as any Adult Sex/Swinger site which is the same as Fetish websites.....

In an ideal world you would be able to name and shame but that could be viewed as purile by others but the desire to report and warn others is strong...

We cannot pretend that we are overly happy with the way things are run here but for the moment we will hang around and hope that things improve.

Mark and Jayne

"

As for IP tracking.... If I can track an IP address that was trying to attack our home router using publicly accessible tools online and then email the culprit with a photo of their front door then IP's can be banned, Especially when you consider that Every Router/Pc/Apple has a unique identifying IP address.... Whilst We know there is a limitation to the ip address's for internet access we know that the same isnt true for identifying hardware.

"

i can change my Ip address at any time and others can

"

i can change my Ip address at any time and others can "

Exactly, restart the router, or sometimes the ISP restarts the connection and you get a new IP address. Only the ISP will know what *property* had the IP at a particular time, not who was using the connection. Spoofing you IP is not to hard either (proxies, which is what a lot of port attacks use etc).

You could try and block MAC addresses but even that is trivial to get around.

End of the day you are asking for a technical solution to a people problem. (blocking of piratebay etc has worked so well hasn't it...)

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"

Meanwhile someone makes alot of money which they invest less than 10% back into the site in the form of design or innovation.

"

Source? Proof?

And, after that...why stay on such a site?

"We cannot pretend that we are overly happy with the way things are run here but for the moment we will hang around and hope that things improve.

Mark and Jayne"

That's incrediby magnanimous of you. I'm sure the admin are thrilled.

"

Whilst We arent overly excited that someone feels the need to say they speak for us, We can say that we think the Admin/Forum mod's run this site blind and are told very little about it....

Timewasters, This site has the same as any Adult Sex/Swinger site which is the same as Fetish websites.....

In an ideal world you would be able to name and shame but that could be viewed as purile by others but the desire to report and warn others is strong...

We cannot pretend that we are overly happy with the way things are run here but for the moment we will hang around and hope that things improve.

Mark and Jayne"

Man! What a crock. I was a network Manager for many years. Which IP address? The public or the private one? Without having a court order, how did you get the home address to photograph the "attackers" front door! Which action, by the way is completely illegal. 98% of residential networks have a Dynamic IP anyway, which means re-setting the router instantly changes the visible IP address (NOT the 192.168.0.1 or whatever address the computer has TO IDENTIFY ITSELF TO THE ROUTER) making it impossible to block domestic internet accounts by their IP address.

It could be that you are talking about the MAC address (which is nothing to do with Apple Mac) which while theoretically possible can only be done by the ISP for all practical purposes and would need VERY damming proof of breaching the ISP's rules, being a sex site "timewaster" would NOT be reason for an ISP to block.

hexham

for gods sake ppl get a grip,its fucking...you dont need any of these techy things...just good judgement and a sense of reading people.

If you have persistent trouble with ppl not turning up,re-evaluate how you select meets.

» Add a new message to this topic