FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > What’s the deepest thought?

What’s the deepest thought?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *asual777 OP   Man 13 weeks ago

i travel all over

From the lounge

You have had In recent times ?

I think a lot about masculinity . How many of the alpha types I have seen over the years have turned out to be absolute cowards and it was all a front all along

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *panishRebelMan 13 weeks ago

Alicante Spain, and Cork City Ireland

I have never ranked or graded thoughts like the op post suggests. The deepest thought or the shallowest thought etc...

What's deep to one, maybe inconsequential to another.

And thought is like the sea, it comes in waves, sometimes wild, sometimes calm, but always there.

This is just what struck me now about the op post...

By *electableicecreamMan 13 weeks ago

The West

"I have never ranked or graded thoughts like the op post suggests. The deepest thought or the shallowest thought etc...

And thought is like the sea, it comes in waves, sometimes wild, sometimes calm, but always there.

This is just what struck me now about the op post..."

I think he just means what have we been thinking deeply about.

I've been thinking a lot about race and how living in a predominantly wide middle class society means that while I think I understand white male privilege, I really don't.

i travel all over

"I have never ranked or graded thoughts like the op post suggests. The deepest thought or the shallowest thought etc...

I've been thinking a lot about race and how living in a predominantly wide middle class society means that while I think I understand white male privilege, I really don't."

I sometimes say things

Why don’t you just do xxxx

Not everyone can just do that

Like pale skinned men can

By *ipstick KissesWoman 13 weeks ago

South Down, Northern Ireland

For me, in recent days, it has been obesity and access to health care. The attitudes of healthcare professionals who decide that health conditions cannot possibly be due to anything other than obesity; the refusal to even investigate possible health issues due to the patient's obesity; how healthcare professionals speak to those who are obese and the effects those words have.

By *affacakes123Man 13 weeks ago

belfast

For me its about the its tge dreaded potholes thats gonna ripe my vechile to shreds. And how hard would it be to have a team day in day out just temp repair/fill them. Somebodies going to get wrote off

By *ilthyNightsCouple 13 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

I regularly tangle myself up in thoughts about our (species) place in the universe and the insignificance we have in the limitlessness of the expanding universe. My mind goes to the ultra deep field pics and the incalculable number of galaxies visible and how our little rock is unfathomably unimportant given what we know about the actual scale of even just the observable universe. It's easy to get bogged down by our own lives but we are really just specks of nearly nothing, that's made out of matter created in exploding stars billions of years ago.

By *efender90Man 13 weeks ago

sligo

Having a daughter late in life , now a single weekend dad , I often wonder will I live long enough to see her raised , married, grandchildren…. (Longevity not in our family)

By *og-ManMan 13 weeks ago

somewhere

I was 59 yesterday and my deepest thoughts lately are about how I always wanted to be dead by 70 yrs old under my own terms and conditions

Now I'm thinking its only 11 years away to my one way ticket to Switzerland to Dignitas

Then I wonder if my kids really would be ok with it

We laugh and joke about it every birthday,even last night my daughter says they'll be able to buy me the ticket as they're all working

East / North, Cork

"I was 59 yesterday and my deepest thoughts lately are about how I always wanted to be dead by 70 yrs old under my own terms and conditions

Now I'm thinking its only 11 years away to my one way ticket to Switzerland to Dignitas

We laugh and joke about it every birthday,even last night my daughter says they'll be able to buy me the ticket as they're all working

"

Fuuuuuck Bogman. You're not spent yet!

By *panishRebelMan 13 weeks ago

Alicante Spain, and Cork City Ireland

"I was 59 yesterday and my deepest thoughts lately are about how I always wanted to be dead by 70 yrs old under my own terms and conditions

Fuuuuuck Bogman. You're not spent yet! "

I have video of my dad playing football with my kids at 78 doing back heels etc....

70 isn't over the hill even if it does have a great view.....

By *og-ManMan 13 weeks ago

somewhere

Fuuuuuck Bogman. You're not spent yet!

I have video of my dad playing football with my kids at 78 doing back heels etc....

70 isn't over the hill even if it does have a great view..... "

My parents are both alive in late 80's

Dad in perfect health

Mum not as perfect but still ok

By *antra MassageMan 13 weeks ago

Old bog road

I often contemplate my fab life. I've been here a few years, and have enjoyed it. These last few months, I realise I'm looking for more connection. It's elusive.

By *eralt80Man 13 weeks ago

cork

Does the earth loose or gain mass. If we’re sending all these rockets and satellites and parachuting Germans into space are we loosing some of the mass of the earth. Or is it being replace by falling meteors and the odd alien space craft crash landing.

By *uddlyBear1972Man 13 weeks ago

Just inside the Pale

"Does the earth loose or gain mass. If we’re sending all these rockets and satellites and parachuting Germans into space are we loosing some of the mass of the earth. Or is it being replace by falling meteors and the odd alien space craft crash landing. "

I read an article recently about a paper researching how the earth's mass had shifted due to water displacement by humans over the centuries. Basically we brought groundwater to the surface for drinking, cleaning etc. it was enough to affect the orbit slightly.

Another thought, if your vehicle was travelling at the speed of light and you turned the headlights on, would they work?

By *om RedMan 13 weeks ago

Galway

That how many people are genuinely lonely and don’t have the supports to change their circumstances

East / North, Cork

"Does the earth loose or gain mass. If we’re sending all these rockets and satellites and parachuting Germans into space are we loosing some of the mass of the earth. Or is it being replace by falling meteors and the odd alien space craft crash landing.

I read an article recently about a paper researching how the earth's mass had shifted due to water displacement by humans over the centuries. Basically we brought groundwater to the surface for drinking, cleaning etc. it was enough to affect the orbit slightly.

Another thought, if your vehicle was travelling at the speed of light and you turned the headlights on, would they work?"

A car is an object with mass, and so cannot travel at the speed of light because to do so would have infinite mass so is impossible. Photons have mass so are able to travel at the speed of light.

East / North, Cork

Sorry that should read photons have zero mass

By *rishmanabroadMan 13 weeks ago

Dublin/Belfast

The inter-relationality of absolutely everything. We’re all connected across multiple levels and layers of being. No sharp boundaries anywhere other than those we construct.

By *eard and BoobsCouple 13 weeks ago

Portstewart

Beard here I often wonder what kind of person would my first child be if they had survived. And also I wonder if she has grown up as the years have past or will she be exactly the same as the last time I saw her in my arms

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman 13 weeks ago

My town

"

my mum was just 60 by two months when she passed away. I've just over 10 yrs to go till I'm 60, and the thought crosses my mind how short life is .

By *astelloWoman 13 weeks ago

Tír na nÓg

The environment

I want my child to live in a unspoilt beautiful place that l did. Im afraid of global warming and what catastrophic events may happen.

This generation are the caretakers for the next. Im by no means an eco warrier but if we all do a little it may help.

i travel all over

"Beard here I often wonder what kind of person would my first child be if they had survived. And also I wonder if she has grown up as the years have past or will she be exactly the same as the last time I saw her in my arms "

i travel all over

[Removed by poster at 22/02/24 15:58:53]

i travel all over

"

You should read the book mayflies . One of my favourites

By *eart-shaped-foxMan 13 weeks ago

Limerick, Clare, Tipp

I've been thinking a lot about race and how living in a predominantly wide middle class society means that while I think I understand white male privilege, I really don't."

This has been bouncing around my head too. How i make assumptions about others based on my life and upbringing. The upcoming referendum ties into this too, my experience of it is meaningless yet I have a vote

By *affa31Woman 13 weeks ago

Galway

Most of my thoughts lately have been on Gaza and how bizarre it is that our lives continue normally while Palestinians get wiped out and treated as sub human. It’s a mixture of anger and hopelessness.

By *oo32Man 13 weeks ago

tipperary

I never want to be an oap

By *antra MassageMan 13 weeks ago

Old bog road

"Beard here I often wonder what kind of person would my first child be if they had survived. And also I wonder if she has grown up as the years have past or will she be exactly the same as the last time I saw her in my arms "

That's a sad and poignant memory.

By *ubadubdubWoman 13 weeks ago

Hereabouts

I've been wrestling with thoughts of my worth and value to society.

I've not been as strong, capable and self-sufficient as I used to be, and that's a hard adjustment.

By *sLittleRedRidingHoodWoman 13 weeks ago

Magical Forrest

Don’t ever feel regret for loving someone and loosing them. Better to have loved them, all happens for a reason.

By *voidingboredomMan 13 weeks ago

around

I've been having a really good time on fab lately and am constantly plagued but the thoughts of the years I wasted when I was off it having a very rough time in life, and also how I want more and more of these times before they all eventually end in nothing, like good sexy lights to carry with me into the darkness until they all go out, one by one.

i travel all over

You’re 39

You could have 25 more years of fab

By *aseylee324Couple 13 weeks ago

Valley of Squinting Windows

"You’re 39

You could have 25 more years of fab"

And still only be 49!!

i travel all over

"You’re 39

You could have 25 more years of fab

And still only be 49!!"

By *voidingboredomMan 13 weeks ago

around

Ye wanted deep thoughts, ye got deep thoughts.

By *arrot_in_a_boxCouple 13 weeks ago

Kinda Dublin

How can mirrors be real, if our eyes aren't real?

By *appylarry20Man 13 weeks ago

NW

"How can mirrors be real, if our eyes aren't real?"

You're going to have to explain that one.

By *appylarry20Man 13 weeks ago

NW

All bases are based 10.

One for the maths nerd. Blew my mind.

By *xplorer2023Man 13 weeks ago

Dublin

This is heartbreaking and sweet.

Thank you for sharing it

By *ural delightMan 13 weeks ago

Enniskillen

"Don’t ever feel regret for loving someone and loosing them. Better to have loved them, all happens for a reason. "

Is always a learning experience

» Add a new message to this topic