FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > pub meeting point

pub meeting point

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ew directions OP   Couple  over a year ago

City

Hi all ,as a married couple with kids we find we can only meet at short notice which is not good for everyone , so an idea we seen on another forum was to name a pub , somewhere in dublin that swingers use , we know of one pub which was used by swingers but it was more of a gay bar which again won't be good for everyone ,so just putting idea out to see if others agree .

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hampagne party plannersWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

hiya guys, were coming over to dublin on 20/09/2011 till 22/09/2011 can you reccomend anywhere we may find likeminded adults whilst were there please.

thanks,

asha and ringa

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Dublin is shit for swing bars and clubs ... esp midweek I've heard some say try the Front Lounge on Parliment St ... but I've never realy noticed toooo much activity here. Careful not to go to the Back of the pub tho LOL (gay bar at the rear)

Al that said tho .. Dublin is a great city for a midweek break . hope you's have a Ball here

we've gone into the front lounge a couple of times when in town and horny,lol.but no joy.totally full of gays which is fine,but no other couples with a glint in their eyes.good vibe though.would be fab if there was a fave bar for meets.maybe the best idea would be a particular bar,on say the first or last saturday of the month.

City

First or last sat of each month sounds a good idea , dont think the gay bar thing is a good idea as some couples including ourself dont mind meeting single guys ,think around the temple bar area is not a bad idea as easy for most to find.

By *ippcoupe2Couple  over a year ago

cahir/cashel

great idea of a bar meet on a particular sat nite in dub.think the problem with temple bar is to find a bar that is not too packed and open enough to identify similar minded ppl.but we gotta start somewhere and nominate some bar! have been to F.L. also and it is very gay orientated so not really a runner.great idea guys

k and a

City

Thanks guys great to hear positive feedback , also agree with temple bar been packed , any pub in the city that is easy for all to find would be good .

Hey what about The Living Room or Murray's bar on O'Connell St near Parnell Sq end....Big bars with lots of room and also maybe even a wee chance to capture a corner of it specially for the group...lol..Also has a decent sized outdoor area for any smokers attending(not that I am one).....Just a thought from visiting on business every month and trying out many bars...

By *ddiddyMan  over a year ago

kilkenny

hi all the best idea i have heard in a long time as we are not from dublin cant offer any sugestions as to where to meet but will be keeping an eye on this thread alsol any other town where swingers meet in a pub or that waterford or galway or cork come on people there must be somewhere

By *picyMan  over a year ago

dublin/kildare

this sounds like a fun idea but even if sum1 decides or comes up wit a good place how will every1 know 2 approach them thing we as a collective group needs to come up wit sum secret code or particular clothing i dont no any thoughts on this?? also 2 throw a place or 2 out ter cafe en seine i know it big but has alot of different corners an also harry's on d green

just an idea but how if everybody was to wear a piece of clothing. . ? or have a full glass of water in ur hand or in front of u if u are there to swing. Just Am idea

with all the positive feedback,this could definitely be a runner. perhaps even a hotel bar,eg Red Cow. then peeps who want to play.....could.

kilkenny

yeah the red cow seems a good venue its big too plenty of nice places to have a chat with like minded people and almost everyone has heard of the red cow now just what to do to show you are into swinging maybe a special news paper on the table or something like that come on folks suggestions please

City

Red cow is a good spot only thing is nothing near it , think the city centre is better , around stephens green sounds great , not sure about dress code or glass of water in hand , think if we find the right place a certain area in it would be good enough , most couples who swing are friendly enough to get chatting to each other .

By *avedublinMan  over a year ago

Dublin

This is a great idea hope it kicks off like Brian and Jane I think it would have to be city centre to have a chance. I like Spicy’s secret code idea. There is a facebook campaign to make the chameleon a swinging emblem, wearing a chameleon badge, necklace, earrings, and tie clip etc. (like a rainbow for gays) although the simpler the better like a glass of water sounds good to me. I’ll be keeping an eye on this forum and when it kicks off I’ll be there water in hand! Well done Brian and Jane.

kilkenny

yeah il go for that but it would look funny twenty people looking for a glass of water and no one drinking it if the hotel or club dident know what was going on lol a badge or emblem or a certain paper on the table would not attract as much attention only from the right people

mmmm maybe the glass of water the more i think of it would look a little silly! bottle of bud in 1 hand and a glass of water in the other haha. It was an idea tho and the more the better. The paper on table is good idea. Or a beer mat ripped in half something that's to hand and keep it simple.

kilkenny

yeah yeah a beer mat in half on the table sounds good their in most pubs so everyone tear them beer mats in half for all swingers out there lol

kilkenny

wouldent it be great if it started in the ireland forums a beer mat torn in half a simple sign of a swinger

By *antsmoreCouple  over a year ago

letterkenny

donegal pubs ful of half beer mats

why dont you try out this new club that is opening up in dublin, http://www.twilightsclub.com/

website goes live in 8 days time , so hope this might help yous with last min meets and not finding the right pub , and i think you can wear WHATEVER you like

By *picyMan  over a year ago

dublin/kildare

wel 1 idea iv gathered from al this an u dont c this anywer wat about a glass nt pint of water with a half a beer mat on top jus sittin in front of d ppl it wont look silly an is really easy 2 c.. now jus need a good venue an prob select days in d month

kilkenny

ha ha check the couples pages full of people from donegal

kilkenny

last or first sat of the month sounds good

By *razyinlove67Couple  over a year ago

Glasnevin

Great idea, maybe some simple dress code would work eg all women in black tops or men wearing stripy shirts!! city Centre is probably best as its central to everyone but somewhere not too busy so swe can chat etc. We will definetely be interested in this!!

By *plforfun4Couple  over a year ago

belfast

How about wearing comedy glasses, nose and beard, while holding a 3/4 full glass of water in your left hand with 2 ice cubes in it and a torn bear mat in your right hand, while wearing a pink PJ's and fluffly socks? If you were wearing this in a bar you would be easily spotted because everyone else in the bar would stay well away!

kilkenny

ok had your fun you happy now lol

"Great idea, maybe some simple dress code would work eg all women in black tops or men wearing stripy shirts!! city Centre is probably best as its central to everyone but somewhere not too busy so swe can chat etc. We will definetely be interested in this!!"

better iron my stripy shirt so LOL ...

So let me get this right . . . If i wore a strped shirt, fake nose/moustache and glasses, sat at a table/bar with only a glass of water with a half torn beer mat perched on top, while wearing a chameleon brooch, while holding a copy of swing monthly in my hand, other swingers would know who i was? . . . . . .or get arrested! lol

The general pub meets are a great idea, as are the suggestions for a 'code'.

But as already said, its choosing the right code to suit the privacy of the people.

So how about a simple wristband??

Just thought id add something to the rest.

Ill definintely be keeping an eye on this topic!

Ahh wooo hooo My ban got lifed thanks Admin !!

Ok Hung can we car pool if this gets going ?? PMSL

So when, where, How and wats the code ?? i have beer mats, water, roses and stripy shirt ffs !!! Wot eles does one have to get ?

Ohhh come on folks lets pick a venue and get this started ?

"Ahh wooo hooo My ban got lifed thanks Admin !!

Ok Hung can we car pool if this gets going ?? PMSL

So when, where, How and wats the code ?? i have beer mats, water, roses and stripy shirt ffs !!! Wot eles does one have to get ?

Ohhh come on folks lets pick a venue and get this started ? "

You're on Hardon! Car pooling we go! lol

If we bring a swing along with us? Take turns pushing each other!? . . . . . . Do ya think that would be a bit obvious??

Ahh no i think we will get away with that mate

Jesus where would we set the feckin thing up ??

Rite i think we need that computer in criminal Minds to narrow down the search.....

Rite a pub that a lot of loonies can hang out with a swing and not stand out mmmmmmmmmmmm

Got just the place!! . . .

Willie Wonkas!!

Ahhh shit not the oompa lumpas

Hate getting that fake tan all over me

» Add a new message to this topic