FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How much?!....

How much?!....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aul DeUther-One OP   Man  over a year ago

Seaside Sussex

What's the largest amount of cash you've ever had on you?

Without going into uncomfortable deep details, tell us the circumstances and how did having that amount of money make you feel?

I'll start the ball rolling by saying that I once carried £1000 accross town, on foot between my bank and lettings agent as bond to secure the lease on a flat I really wanted. The walk was only a few hundred metres but it was quite nervy for me.

How do you 'psyche' yourself up to handle valuables?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Took 10k across town with a mate transferring from one account to another back before online transfers etc

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

£3,250 to buy a car.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

This reminds me of a true story

My gran lived in Greenwich and never used banks. My dad was her only child but we lived in Scotland. My gran had cancer and was gravely ill. She was told she needed to go into a hospice so the day before she went she gave her money which was under the floorboards to her sister to look after. The sister who was 84 then boarded a double decker bus with £75,000 in a small suitcase. No wonder My dad was not happy.

"This reminds me of a true story

My gran lived in Greenwich and never used banks. My dad was her only child but we lived in Scotland. My gran had cancer and was gravely ill. She was told she needed to go into a hospice so the day before she went she gave her money which was under the floorboards to her sister to look after. The sister who was 84 then boarded a double decker bus with £75,000 in a small suitcase. No wonder My dad was not happy."

that is incredible i have to say.

but people were like that, hated banks and kept large amount of money at home as people were paid for work in cash.

amazing to think of that now isnt it

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

My gran lived in Greenwich and never used banks. My dad was her only child but we lived in Scotland. My gran had cancer and was gravely ill. She was told she needed to go into a hospice so the day before she went she gave her money which was under the floorboards to her sister to look after. The sister who was 84 then boarded a double decker bus with £75,000 in a small suitcase. No wonder My dad was not happy.

but people were like that, hated banks and kept large amount of money at home as people were paid for work in cash.

amazing to think of that now isnt it"

This was 25yrs ago but probably still happens.

Working for a bank I've carried a hell of a lot of money in public many times, as much as you can carry sometimes in bags amongst the general public.

In a bar in London one night a guy we were chatting to offered us £1k in cash to take my wife up to his room and fuck! Does that count?!

amazing to think of that now isnt it

This was 25yrs ago but probably still happens."

before instant transactions i guess bankers drafts people used for large purchases.

things have changed so much these day with mobiles etc.

its all too easy to spend

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Port talbot

28k felt nice and scary to have it

"Working for a bank I've carried a hell of a lot of money in public many times, as much as you can carry sometimes in bags amongst the general public. "

christ you must have muscles in them arms.

By *etwifeandhim69Couple  over a year ago

Darlington

Back in the 90s I once carried 40 grand in cash across town to a bank when I worked in retail.

It was the most money I've ever held in my hand.

"Working for a bank I've carried a hell of a lot of money in public many times, as much as you can carry sometimes in bags amongst the general public.

christ you must have muscles in them arms. "

Not as big as yours, but I'm working on them

By *itsAndTaffCouple  over a year ago

Grays, Essex

"Working for a bank I've carried a hell of a lot of money in public many times, as much as you can carry sometimes in bags amongst the general public. "

I was just going to say the same, we used to carry the best part of 100k into the banking hall with just another 16yr old by our side to load the cash machines

» Add a new message to this topic