FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Living in a show home

Living in a show home

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *yron69 OP   Man  over a year ago

Fareham

Is it possible to keep your house over 90% of the time like a show home? Or is the lived in look totally unavoidable?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I wouldn’t want a show home. I’d feel uncomfortable, my house is tidy, but cosy and obviously lived in.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

My friend's house is permanently like a show house but to me it doesn't feel like a home.

"Is it possible to keep your house over 90% of the time like a show home? Or is the lived in look totally unavoidable?"

Mine looks unlived in, i cant bare mess, hoover daily because i like to see hoover lines in the carpet, clean the bathroom top to bottom daily because i hate water marks and dont get me started on the kitchen it looks unused yet is used 3 times a day.

everything has a place or its in the bin.

Its ocd and time consuming but its a stress release for me.

Also a reason i only do hotel meets because i get people dont obsess like me over home cleanliness and order and i cant handle being in someones house thats not to 'my' obsessive standard.

I own a German Shepherd, no chance of my home looking like a show home

We’ve got kids. It’s tidy for about 12 hours a day between 7pm and 7am

"Is it possible to keep your house over 90% of the time like a show home? Or is the lived in look totally unavoidable?

Mine looks unlived in, i cant bare mess, hoover daily because i like to see hoover lines in the carpet, clean the bathroom top to bottom daily because i hate water marks and dont get me started on the kitchen it looks unused yet is used 3 times a day.

Also a reason i only do hotel meets because i get people dont obsess like me over home cleanliness and order and i cant handle being in someones house thats not to 'my' obsessive standard. "

I don't have your levels of OCD bud, current house is a tip and I can just about cope, it's because there's others here and a dog that I gave up trying to tidy up after.

But when I had my own flat (working away), I was the very same. I never had any dirty washing, clothes went straight in the machine when I undressed!

Leeds

"I never had any dirty washing, clothes went straight in the machine when I undressed! "

How did you sort whites from darks ?

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

I don’t even try.. my house is very much a home and it has an element of chaos.

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

They make special show home furniture a bit smaller to make the house look bigger...a bit like cock pictures on here

I've been following various accounts on Instagram to get some inspiration for decorating our home, I said to Doughnut the other day "do you think they have a shit room?".

I like a tidy and clean house after years of living with my ex husband who was just a slob, for the most part it's kept that way until our various children come to stay and I kinda give up until they have gone lol.

Our bedroom is the worst for mess, I tidy it up and make it look nice and it's just messy again in the evening

Danish x

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

I am very maximalist. If there’s a bare space I fill it!

I also have hoarding tendencies.

I have two kids, two dogs and a doddery mum. Our home looks very, very, very lived in.

it is possible if you live alone or as a couple and all of you work/ Easily throw everthing into cupoards etc.

The bigger the apartment/house the eaier it is to keep it a show home.

It is not practical for most nor do they want theis other than b4 guests arrive

Leeds

"

"

But the bigger the house the more cleaning there is to do !

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

"it is possible if you live alone or as a couple and all of you work/ Easily throw everthing into cupoards etc.

It is not practical for most nor do they want theis other than b4 guests arrive"

Size does make a big difference. The cupboard under the stairs contains my mountain bike (too expensive to store in the shed) the tent and other camping bits. The only place left for the SUP's is behind the sofa with the kettlebells. The one wardrobe we have room for looses some space to wetsuits etc etc. Storage is a massive problem in a small house.

Mr

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

"I am very maximalist. If there’s a bare space I fill it!

I have two kids, two dogs and a doddery mum. Our home looks very, very, very lived in. "

I’m the opposite. My shelf’s have got one item on them. Less dusting.

By *immyinreadingMan  over a year ago

henley on thames

"Is it possible to keep your house over 90% of the time like a show home? Or is the lived in look totally unavoidable?

Also a reason i only do hotel meets because i get people dont obsess like me over home cleanliness and order and i cant handle being in someones house thats not to 'my' obsessive standard. "

Do you actually have ocd?

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Not a hope in Hell of the show home look here.

Apart from anything else, I prefer a house to feel warm and lived in not clinical.

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

I hoover up around the dust.

Fareham

"I hoover up around the dust. "

I hate dust….settles on me now!

I like to keep my home very clean and tidy but then that is very easy for me to do as there are no rug rats running around to mess it up.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I know a couple of people who try to keep their homes like that. I'd be uncomfortable in it personally. I like it clean and tidy but I'm not hiding the fact that I live there .

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Wouldn't want to! Used to b such a waste of time! Sadly now one of my daughters the same! Loves mrs hinch! Pmsl! Live is short to short to b cleaning all the time x

I occasionally wish I lived in a show home when I survey my own home. I quite like when going on holidays somewhere neat. But dogs and cats and kids and an old tired house with open fires doesnt make for easy cleaning. I am much more relaxed somewhere a bit chaotic though.

If you don't have kids or free roaming pets it's perfectly possible. Throw in either of these two factors and forget it.

By *edsmudgeMan  over a year ago

oxford

Hah back in my child hood you would have called my mother ‘house proud’ which translates to a fat lip for watermarks on the draining board or foot marks an a freshly hoovered carpet so I’m saying yes a 100% of the time

God no, my house is definitely lived in. I love it when it’s clean, but don’t feel bad if it gets a bit messy x

"

But the bigger the house the more cleaning there is to do !"

Not if you have madoenised you home with real wood floors throughout inc stairs etc etc and minilmist with leather funture minial beeding, cutains etc and blinds etc, hardly see any dust eesically if you are out a lot at work etc.

By *iltopbearMan  over a year ago

Norfolk

My home is very much lived in, clean at the weekend but lived in by Friday!

I have two children, my house is definitely lived in

It's not small exactly but doesn't have a lot of storage and I like things that show off our personalities. It's clean and mostly tidy but I refuse to spend every waking hour doing housework.

Also a reason i only do hotel meets because i get people dont obsess like me over home cleanliness and order and i cant handle being in someones house thats not to 'my' obsessive standard.

Do you actually have ocd?"

Unfortunately, its the bane of my life.

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

We wouldn't want a show house. Our home has beautiful things but it also has photos, ornaments etc that remind us of good/fun times. It also has things that make our life comfortable or easier. A show house always looks sterile and cold.

Would love someone with OCD to come and do my house.

I was a domestic cleaner for 12 months before I did my biohazard waste engineering training to do crime and trauma scene cleaning. I’m fully qualified to clean. I could remove all traces of a month old decomposed human body that’s been absorbed by the floor and walls but yet I can’t tidy my own home.

"Would love someone with OCD to come and do my house.

I was a domestic cleaner for 12 months before I did my biohazard waste engineering training to do crime and trauma scene cleaning. I’m fully qualified to clean. I could remove all traces of a month old decomposed human body that’s been absorbed by the floor and walls but yet I can’t tidy my own home. "

Remind me never to piss you off

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

I have a sign hanging in the porch inside my back door. It says ‘ A tidy home is the sign of a wasted life’.

Someone gave it to me , can’t imagine why.

Fareham

I was a domestic cleaner for 12 months before I did my biohazard waste engineering training to do crime and trauma scene cleaning. I’m fully qualified to clean. I could remove all traces of a month old decomposed human body that’s been absorbed by the floor and walls but yet I can’t tidy my own home. "

I knew a dental hygienist whose house was a tip. X

I was a domestic cleaner for 12 months before I did my biohazard waste engineering training to do crime and trauma scene cleaning. I’m fully qualified to clean. I could remove all traces of a month old decomposed human body that’s been absorbed by the floor and walls but yet I can’t tidy my own home.

I knew a dental hygienist whose house was a tip. X"

Hardly the same. A dental hygienist who had yellow teeth full of plaque would be the equivalent to a professional cleaner having a messy home.

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

It's easy to tidy as you go along rather than let things get too untidy. I always ensure washing up done before bed.

Southern Wales

"I am very maximalist. If there’s a bare space I fill it!

I have two kids, two dogs and a doddery mum. Our home looks very, very, very lived in.

I’m the opposite. My shelf’s have got one item on them. Less dusting. "

This is very true. It is much easier (and quicker) to clean a minimalist sort of home. And part of me yearns for that

By *elvet RopeMan  over a year ago

by the big field

One of the terrible things about not having kids is having a clean house...the other things including stuff like a lie in when im not at work, spare money and peace & quiet

Southern Wales

"One of the terrible things about not having kids is having a clean house...the other things including stuff like a lie in when im not at work, spare money and peace & quiet "

If I didn’t have kids and a dog then yeah my house would be spotless

It’s driving me insane at the moment because I can only clean when the baby is settled so I’m doing bare minimum and I really want to do a deep clean

Ha ha, i know who to come to for a flat share should the need arise, you could come home to me making bait that's a regular got my tackle strewn about the place probably just wearing my underpants and a flowing bathrobe that has the potential to crash into any object containing liquid such as my bong, you will think three dogs farted when i spill that.

[Removed by poster at 31/10/21 21:01:58]

Just myself and OH live here and both OCD over cleaning and order!! (I blame the military careers, personally!)

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

There is only me here so it’s always clean and tidy. I blitz every couple of weeks

» Add a new message to this topic