FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I wouldn't have expected transphobia on here.

I wouldn't have expected transphobia on here.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

But hey ho.

I wont bother agaon.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What?

"What?"

I wouldn't have expected to come across transphobia on here.

Sadly it’s present but lots seem to be open to listen and learn, especially on the forum.

By *olden PoleMan  over a year ago

Thal

Elaborate please

Dickheads are dickheads regardless of what sex site they’re on.

In the lounge ???

Don’t know about other parts but I have never came across it in the lounge really maybe the odd one or two times but not from regular lounge poster

More from a first time poster that’s thrown the toys out the pram and being nasty to everyone

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Sadly it's present everywhere. We can only challenge and educate as we go.

Thal

I’m still none the wiser!

Who, where, when....

Well i put my name down for a social, later asked if a trans friend could come as a plus 1.

I got asked if they were convincing in a pub, i said they were, and pretty and 20.

Suddenly theres a age limit of 21.

Also i wasn't aware you needed to be convinving if you're trans to frequent a pub?

I'm a licensed door supervisor soi have a basic knowledge of licencing laws, nowhere does it say about being convincing...

Thal

Ah I see....not nice and definitely not needed.

Try not to let it bother you to much and enjoy the good people on fabs

"Well i put my name down for a social, later asked if a trans friend could come as a plus 1.

I got asked if they were convincing in a pub, i said they were, and pretty and 20.

Also i wasn't aware you needed to be convinving if you're trans to frequent a pub?

I'm a licensed door supervisor soi have a basic knowledge of licencing laws, nowhere does it say about being convincing...

"

I’m kinda gob smacked they asked if she was convincing…

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

It's rife every where unfortunately! X x

"Well i put my name down for a social, later asked if a trans friend could come as a plus 1.

I’m kinda gob smacked they asked if she was convincing… "

Yeah cos, like a group of people in a pub, in a private room thats booked thats relevent

"

The fact they asked if they were convincing tells you all you need to know that it’s not the kind off social anyone should be going to

Sound very judgmental

Socials should be open to everyone and anyone

Lots of transphobia on here. People on the outside assume the swinging community to be open minded and welcoming but it has a significant number of bigots and transphobes. The funny thing is, these transphobes have the gall to describe themselves as "open minded" on their page. I don't think so.

This is so sad to hear. Homo bi. Trans phobia is still out there, and it's those that aren't comfortable with themselves that tend to be like this. Everyone should be happy and comfortable in their sexuality

"In the lounge ???

Don’t know about other parts but I have never came across it in the lounge really maybe the odd one or two times but not from regular lounge poster

More from a first time poster that’s thrown the toys out the pram and being nasty to everyone "

Hmmm clearly a regular at at least one club and organising socials, i just thought my friend, a platonic friend might come along so i asked and apparently not.

"In the lounge ???

More from a first time poster that’s thrown the toys out the pram and being nasty to everyone

Hmmm clearly a regular at at least one club and organising socials, i just thought my friend, a platonic friend might come along so i asked and apparently not. "

I just thought you meant on the forums as I sed I don’t really come across It in the lounge

And to say I am part of the furniture in the lounge would be a very big understatement concerning how much dribble I post ha ha

I've obviously withdrawn.

I'm not going to boycot or name the club. Because it's not them. As i know my friends attended fetish nights there.

But it's understandably niggled me.

ashford

"In the lounge ???

Hmmm clearly a regular at at least one club and organising socials, i just thought my friend, a platonic friend might come along so i asked and apparently not.

I just thought you meant on the forums as I sed I don’t really come across It in the lounge

And to say I am part of the furniture in the lounge would be a very big understatement concerning how much dribble I post ha ha "

It really does happen in here often ! Other week I got told my trans daughter will allways be a male! Had a few people be very nasty to me here x

"I've obviously withdrawn.

I'm not going to boycot or name the club. Because it's not them. As i know my friends attended fetish nights there.

But it's understandably niggled me. "

But I mean, if it was a social anyway, maybe was better not even mentioning the fact she’s trans? (And she passes and looks pretty so none would have thought twice) Does it matter if it’s a social?

"In the lounge ???

And to say I am part of the furniture in the lounge would be a very big understatement concerning how much dribble I post ha ha

It really does happen in here often ! Other week I got told my trans daughter will allways be a male! Had a few people be very nasty to me here x"

Awww hugs that’s shocking completely out off order to say the least must have been a thread I missed do miss the odd ones here and there

But was more just thinking with amounts I post on here I would have if you know what I mean and ones more big hugs x

"In the lounge ???

It really does happen in here often ! Other week I got told my trans daughter will allways be a male! Had a few people be very nasty to me here x"

I get this all the time. Someone in another thread on this forum has just said it. I just keep repeating Trans women ARE WOMEN. Sadly, it's difficult to educate stupid people.

"In the lounge ???

Narrow minded people, are bound to their own stupidity.

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

I think there’s a lot of difference of opinion and different ideas/thoughts surrounding trans on here

Not much actual transphobia though. I feel that word gets thrown around too easily. Just because you don’t agree with something doesn’t automatically make you some kind of phobia.

"I think there’s a lot of difference of opinion and different ideas/thoughts surrounding trans on here

Not much actual transphobia though. I feel that word gets thrown around too easily. Just because you don’t agree with something doesn’t automatically make you some kind of phobia."

True, it's not a fear as such, more a bigoted hatred.. that's a better term for your behaviour.

w

"I think there’s a lot of difference of opinion and different ideas/thoughts surrounding trans on here

Not much actual transphobia though. I feel that word gets thrown around too easily. Just because you don’t agree with something doesn’t automatically make you some kind of phobia. True, it's not a fear as such, more a bigoted hatred.. that's a better term for your behaviour."

I would disagree with that too. Just differences of opinions and thoughts. It’s very rare to see actual hatred towards anyone on here

Maybe transist was a better word

Not much actual transphobia though. I feel that word gets thrown around too easily. Just because you don’t agree with something doesn’t automatically make you some kind of phobia. True, it's not a fear as such, more a bigoted hatred.. that's a better term for your behaviour.

I would disagree with that too. Just differences of opinions and thoughts. It’s very rare to see actual hatred towards anyone on here "

It's demonstrated by not respecting how a person wishes to be identified and identifying them as something completely different, even though you know it's offensive to them. You wouldn't refer to a Jewish man as a Catholic but many people on here happily refer to trans women as men and take great pleasure in it.

Not much actual transphobia though. I feel that word gets thrown around too easily. Just because you don’t agree with something doesn’t automatically make you some kind of phobia. True, it's not a fear as such, more a bigoted hatred.. that's a better term for your behaviour.

I would disagree with that too. Just differences of opinions and thoughts. It’s very rare to see actual hatred towards anyone on here "

Ah but to deny someone because of what they are? It's predudicial at least

w

I would disagree with that too. Just differences of opinions and thoughts. It’s very rare to see actual hatred towards anyone on here It's demonstrated by not respecting how a person wishes to be identified and identifying them as something completely different, even though you know it's offensive to them. You wouldn't refer to a Jewish man as a Catholic but many people on here happily refer to trans women as men and take great pleasure in it."

True, but I still believe that comes from a lack of education and understanding. And I believe most can learn and can understand

Instead of just labelling everyone a bigot that hates trans for no reason

Fuck that social.

"Fuck that social."

Hey jim, how ade you this fine sunny morning?

I would disagree with that too. Just differences of opinions and thoughts. It’s very rare to see actual hatred towards anyone on here It's demonstrated by not respecting how a person wishes to be identified and identifying them as something completely different, even though you know it's offensive to them. You wouldn't refer to a Jewish man as a Catholic but many people on here happily refer to trans women as men and take great pleasure in it.

True, but I still believe that comes from a lack of education and understanding. And I believe most can learn and can understand

Instead of just labelling everyone a bigot that hates trans for no reason "

I've tried educating and even showed them the definition of trans as found on Google, they still carry on because they are HATEFUL.

It would be better for your friend to be a site member and apply to attend the event, in the same way we would all do.

w

I would disagree with that too. Just differences of opinions and thoughts. It’s very rare to see actual hatred towards anyone on here It's demonstrated by not respecting how a person wishes to be identified and identifying them as something completely different, even though you know it's offensive to them. You wouldn't refer to a Jewish man as a Catholic but many people on here happily refer to trans women as men and take great pleasure in it.

Instead of just labelling everyone a bigot that hates trans for no reason I've tried educating and even showed them the definition of trans as found on Google, they still carry on because they are HATEFUL."

Well, guess we can agree to disagree, all the best then

"Fuck that social."

this made me laugh

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Is there a chance that the social organiser just didn't want to draw attention to the gathering?

"It would be better for your friend to be a site member and apply to attend the event, in the same way we would all do.

"

I asked about a plus 1, as anyone would if they knew someone who is interested.

But apparently they woukd have been refused regardless

"Is there a chance that the social organiser just didn't want to draw attention to the gathering?"

Privatly booked apparently.

And why would a convincing or not as the case may be trans person being present have any bearing?

"Fuck that social.

this made me laugh "

Jims a legend

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Sadly there are transphobic, homophobic, sexist, racist etc etc people on here as there are in all walks of life. Thankfully it is the minority. I agree with thick a bit though in that I think there are people who do want to be educated and often get shot down for perhaps using the wrong word etc. The situation you are talking about though is unacceptable.

"

Is it a Fab forum social?

Why did you even mention that your friend is trans? Why is that relevant?

Why did you even mention that your friend is trans? Why is that relevant? "

Good question, i didn't think it was relevent exept i kinda got the impresion they had a ratio of single male, single female and couples, so i said so as to be transparent. Maybe i shoukd of just said female despite them identifying as trans.

Good question, i didn't think it was relevent exept i kinda got the impresion they had a ratio of single male, single female and couples, so i said so as to be transparent. Maybe i shoukd of just said female despite them identifying as trans. "

Fair enough.

Good question, i didn't think it was relevent exept i kinda got the impresion they had a ratio of single male, single female and couples, so i said so as to be transparent. Maybe i shoukd of just said female despite them identifying as trans.

Fair enough. "

Next time I'm just identifying friends by musical preference.

Eg me and 5 sabaton fans

I don't think I'd like to go anywhere where they had such restrictions. Sounds like you both had a lucky escape really.

Fair enough.

Next time I'm just identifying friends by musical preference.

Eg me and 5 sabaton fans "

"Fuck that social.

Hey jim, how ade you this fine sunny morning? "

I'm good. It's not overly sunny in Shrewsbury.

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

What a dreadful post to wake up to, especially when I realised OP was talking about a conversation that I had with him last night.

I cannot quote the conversation (it is against forum rules), but I did indeed ask if the TV was convincing. The event is in a private function room of a town centre pub. It is planned to be a wonderful evening and I did not want people turning up in club type gear...fishnets, see through clothing, collars thus drawing attention to the group, and it was in a similar thought pattern that this was asked. This is a standard expectation for organised socials, to dress smartly as if going to a nice wine bar. I was keen to keep it low key, so that people attending weren't outed as swingers in the neighbourhood and that the venue would be happy to host us in the future.

I was told that the person attended the nearby club on Fetish events. I was concerned that they had not been on a regular night as TVs are definitely welcome and attend every night that the club opens. That puzzled me. Did they see it as something kinky or a fetish, not every day acceptable?

At this point I was unsure and it was late at night and I said I would have to discuss with the other organiser. My main concern was about drawing attention to what will be my first larger scale Social event and I wanted to get it right for everyone. I expected to continue the discussion the following day to explain my concerns and then add the guest to the list. I didn't even have a name at that stage.

The next message from the OP was that the guest was 20. Sadly there is an age limit 21 to 70 put on the Social Event and this can be viewed on the STOKESOCIALPROFILE which is attached to the event.

THE GUEST WAS NOT TURNED AWAY BECAUSE THEY WERE A TV, they were told that they could not attend purely because of their age.

I am very annoyed and extremely upset at how the OP has lied about what actually happened!

The green arrow shows OP has posted 5 threads and every one is about Transphobia.

Accuse me of Ageism if you want, but not Transphobia.

Thank you for reading the other side of the story.

"What a dreadful post to wake up to, especially when I realised OP was talking about a conversation that I had with him last night.

I cannot quote the conversation (it is against forum rules), but I did indeed ask if the TV was convincing. The event is in a private function room of a town centre pub. It is planned to be a wonderful evening and I did not want people turning up in club type gear...fishnets, see through clothing, collars thus drawing attention to the group, and it was in a similar thought pattern that this was asked. This is a standard expectation for organised socials, to dress smartly as if going to a nice wine bar. I was keen to keep it low key, so that people attending weren't outed as swingers in the neighbourhood and that the venue would be happy to host us in the future.

I was told that the person attended the nearby club on Fetish events. I was concerned that they had not been on a regular night as TVs are definitely welcome and attend every night that the club opens. That puzzled me. Did they see it as something kinky or a fetish, not every day acceptable?

At this point I was unsure and it was late at night and I said I would have to discuss with the other organiser. My main concern was about drawing attention to what will be my first larger scale Social event and I wanted to get it right for everyone. I expected to continue the discussion the following day to explain my concerns and then add the guest to the list. I didn't even have a name at that stage.

The next message from the OP was that the guest was 20. Sadly there is an age limit 21 to 70 put on the Social Event and this can be viewed on the STOKESOCIALPROFILE which is attached to the event.

THE GUEST WAS NOT TURNED AWAY BECAUSE THEY WERE A TV, they were told that they could not attend purely because of their age.

I am very annoyed and extremely upset at how the OP has lied about what actually happened!

The green arrow shows OP has posted 5 threads and every one is about Transphobia.

"

Trans not TV.

I can happily share the conversation, privately with anyone.

As I'm not lying

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

"What a dreadful post to wake up to, especially when I realised OP was talking about a conversation that I had with him last night.

"

Yes there is allways 2 sides to a story thanks for posting this

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

Does this make transphobia the new spanish inquisition?

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

"

Great to read the other side. We don't have published age guides for our social but I think a twenty year old attending might make a few regulars uncomfortable.

Stoke area

"Does this make transphobia the new spanish inquisition?"

It does when someone is accused of it and it simply is not true.

"

How is that transphobia?

A lot of folk won't meet people that young

ashford

"

I see no mention of a age limit of 21 in your original post? X

Stoke area

How is that transphobia?

A lot of folk won't meet people that young "

Thankyou. That was the issue. The guests age ! But the OP is making it out to be about something else..

Sorry. My error. Not sorry.

And i quote.......

By *adyJayneWoman  over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

How is that transphobia?

Thankyou. That was the issue. The guests age ! But the OP is making it out to be about something else.."

I've just checked your forum post and nowhere does it say it's 21+ - maybe you can ensure that is part of your blurb for such socials in future...

However...

You need to realise your handling of this isn't great... Several times in your post you have talked about a convincing 'TV' and stressed it's because it's not about fetishwear etc...

Someone who is transitioning (what ever stage they are at) doesn't owe anyone 'convincability' they are living their life as the gender they should be. They come up against enough stigma and abuse in the world. Your phrasing and they way you approached this (irrespective of the age limit of your event) isn't great and it would be good if you'd acknowledge this and reflect on how your language around the trans community going forward.

ashford

How is that transphobia?

Thankyou. That was the issue. The guests age ! But the OP is making it out to be about something else..

I've just checked your forum post and nowhere does it say it's 21+ - maybe you can ensure that is part of your blurb for such socials in future...

However...

You need to realise your handling of this isn't great... Several times in your post you have talked about a convincing 'TV' and stressed it's because it's not about fetishwear etc...

Someone who is transitioning (what ever stage they are at) doesn't owe anyone 'convincability' they are living their life as the gender they should be. They come up against enough stigma and abuse in the world. Your phrasing and they way you approached this (irrespective of the age limit of your event) isn't great and it would be good if you'd acknowledge this and reflect on how your language around the trans community going forward."

x

By *onlywishiMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

Think the main problem has been the location it’s not a club ? There are problems that can happen when using a pubs private room ?

Don’t think what has been told to us means anything more than the party organisers trying to make sure that all will have the best time in a safe environment.

Sorry but I’m not sure I’d feel comfy with someone so young being there ?

I hope that everyone involved can talk privately and get this sorted out

5 threads about transphobia?

I think you'll find it's all posts in this thread.

And as i said i wasn't going to name or shame.... You outed yourself

ashford

"5 threads about transphobia?

"

"5 threads about transphobia?

"

Thank you for calling it out and raising awareness. If we don't bring up bigotry then we can't stop it.

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

so sorry to hear what happened,

not cool

we aren't all like that.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

How is that transphobia?

Thankyou. That was the issue. The guests age ! But the OP is making it out to be about something else.."

If that was the issue, maybe try not asking if trans people are "convincing" in future.

You may not have meant that as insulting, but it's really insensitive at best.

"But hey ho.

I wont bother agaon. "

U OK HUN?

By *oobyHotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Thurrock

Sadly there are bad elements in all walks of life, there's homophobic comments somewhere on the forums most days too

What's the saying 'you can't teach stupid' so just block them and move on and try and ignore their forum posts in the future

"But hey ho.

I wont bother agaon.

U OK HUN?"

I suggest you grow some braincells and stop speaking like a 14 year old American Instagrammer.

"Sadly there are bad elements in all walks of life, there's homophobic comments somewhere on the forums most days too

What's the saying 'you can't teach stupid' so just block them and move on and try and ignore their forum posts in the future"

Karen blocked me after being snarky so it's all good.

By *oobyHotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Thurrock

"

With socials they often don't release venue details until the last minute, I know it's rare but some venues are over 21 - no need for the convincing comment though

"Sadly there are bad elements in all walks of life, there's homophobic comments somewhere on the forums most days too

What's the saying 'you can't teach stupid' so just block them and move on and try and ignore their forum posts in the future

"

Karen is the perfect name for her.

"But hey ho.

I wont bother agaon.

U OK HUN? I suggest you grow some braincells and stop speaking like a 14 year old American Instagrammer."

Damn, I was doing for middle aged facebooker. My bad.

w

I’d love to see a discussion on why “convincing” is offensive, I kinda don’t get it

We all get judged on physical attractiveness. We all have preferences. And trans people exist on a spectrum in terms of how along their transition they are.

If your privileged and rich you can transition with all the surgery and look better then most women

Maybe you aren’t so lucky and hope your genetics work out well for a feminine look

Maybe your early in your transition and from looks alone we couldn’t even tell you’ve started

Aren’t we just asking how far along that spectrum you think you are? I’m not attracted to men, so I’m gonna be more attracted to people further along one side of that spectrum

Woukd it be better to ask “are you attractive?”

Or just avoid it all together and ask for a pic?

I don’t feel great when I get asked my height or my penis size, or for full nude pics and up to date face pics. I don’t like it, but I understand people have preferences they want to meet. I don’t find it offensive

How long before my query gets dismissed as bigoted hatred towards trans though?

"I’d love to see a discussion on why “convincing” is offensive, I kinda don’t get it

We all get judged on physical attractiveness. We all have preferences. And trans people exist on a spectrum in terms of how along their transition they are.

If your privileged and rich you can transition with all the surgery and look better then most women

Maybe you aren’t so lucky and hope your genetics work out well for a feminine look

Maybe your early in your transition and from looks alone we couldn’t even tell you’ve started

Aren’t we just asking how far along that spectrum you think you are? I’m not attracted to men, so I’m gonna be more attracted to people further along one side of that spectrum

I don’t feel great when I get asked my height or my penis size, or for full nude pics and up to date face pics. I don’t like it, but I understand people have preferences they want to meet. I don’t find it offensive

How long before my query gets dismissed as bigoted hatred towards trans though? "

You missread the issue my friend.

"I’d love to see a discussion on why “convincing” is offensive, I kinda don’t get it

How long before my query gets dismissed as bigoted hatred towards trans though? "

You're ignorance is infuriating. We don't need approval from you CIS people. If one of us says we are a trans woman, then we ARE a trans woman, regardless of how we look and how "convincing" you deem us to look. Sandi Toksvig doesn't look feminine at all but she is a CIS woman, are you going to judge how "convincing" she is?

Ayrshire

How long before my query gets dismissed as bigoted hatred towards trans though? You're ignorance is infuriating. We don't need approval from you CIS people. If one of us says we are a trans woman, then we ARE a trans woman, regardless of how we look and how "convincing" you deem us to look. Sandi Toksvig doesn't look feminine at all but she is a CIS woman, are you going to judge how "convincing" she is?"

She looks like a perfectly ordinary woman

By *adshaggersCouple  over a year ago

aldershot

"

Why did you feel the need to mention they were Trans?

ashford

Omg! U for real????

w

How long before my query gets dismissed as bigoted hatred towards trans though? You're ignorance is infuriating. We don't need approval from you CIS people. If one of us says we are a trans woman, then we ARE a trans woman, regardless of how we look and how "convincing" you deem us to look. Sandi Toksvig doesn't look feminine at all but she is a CIS woman, are you going to judge how "convincing" she is?"

I didn’t say they aren’t women?

Paradise, Herts

I’ve noticed you seem very angry in a lot of your comments. I’ve seen a lot of TVs/Trans use the word convincing. So how about drop the aggressive attitude and maybe try and educate people because I for one am not interested in anything you have to say with that attitude

Paradise, Herts

"

Very grown up

Why did you feel the need to mention they were Trans?"

Sadly, many CIS people go off their rocker if we don't state that we are trans within the first sentence of introduction. I was told I am misleading people the other day when they said am I trans and I simply said I'd prefer not to say.

How long before my query gets dismissed as bigoted hatred towards trans though? You're ignorance is infuriating. We don't need approval from you CIS people. If one of us says we are a trans woman, then we ARE a trans woman, regardless of how we look and how "convincing" you deem us to look. Sandi Toksvig doesn't look feminine at all but she is a CIS woman, are you going to judge how "convincing" she is?

She looks like a perfectly ordinary woman "

Please do elaborate on what you mean by "ordinary", I'd love to know.

Very grown up "

I wasn't being snarky in PMs

Ayrshire

"

She looks like a perfectly ordinary woman Please do elaborate on what you mean by "ordinary", I'd love to know."

Run of the mill, usual

She looks like a woman

Paradise, Herts

How long before my query gets dismissed as bigoted hatred towards trans though? You're ignorance is infuriating. We don't need approval from you CIS people. If one of us says we are a trans woman, then we ARE a trans woman, regardless of how we look and how "convincing" you deem us to look. Sandi Toksvig doesn't look feminine at all but she is a CIS woman, are you going to judge how "convincing" she is?

She looks like a perfectly ordinary woman Please do elaborate on what you mean by "ordinary", I'd love to know."

Omg this place is unreal! People can’t say anything! Ffs

Let's see you go in turns, so you first with she she isn't feminine

"

She looks like a perfectly ordinary woman Please do elaborate on what you mean by "ordinary", I'd love to know.

Let's see you go in turns, so you first with she she isn't feminine"

"WHY she.." - typo

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

She looks like a perfectly ordinary woman Please do elaborate on what you mean by "ordinary", I'd love to know.

Omg this place is unreal! People can’t say anything! Ffs"

Paradise, Herts

Omg this place is unreal! People can’t say anything! Ffs "

All some people do on here is look for words people might say to twist them in order to try an make it some sort of phobia or ist. It’s so fucking obvious too. I’ve seen it loads lately and it’s sad and says more about them than anyone else.

Pisses me right off.

I am a trans woman. I wear plenty of make up to look glamorous and feminine. I wear pencil skirts and accessories like cravats.

Sandi is a CIS woman, she wears no make up. She has a quiff in her hair like Jedward have and they are men. She wears baggy jeans and baggy shirts and trainers.

Yet it's us trans girls who get judged and assessed on how "convincing" or feminine we look and people like Sandi Toksvig look like "ordinary" women apparently.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Why did you feel the need to mention they were Trans? Sadly, many CIS people go off their rocker if we don't state that we are trans within the first sentence of introduction. I was told I am misleading people the other day when they said am I trans and I simply said I'd prefer not to say. "

I'm sorry you face the brunt of cis fragility

Why did you feel the need to mention they were Trans?"

Read back, I've covered that

w

"I am a trans woman. I wear plenty of make up to look glamorous and feminine. I wear pencil skirts and accessories like cravats.

Sandi is a CIS woman, she wears no make up. She has a quiff in her hair like Jedward have and they are men. She wears baggy jeans and baggy shirts and trainers.

Yet it's us trans girls who get judged and assessed on how "convincing" or feminine we look and people like Sandi Toksvig look like "ordinary" women apparently."

Your picking a fight out of thin air

I know you think people are transphobic, but judging by your replies I think they might just not like your attitude in some instances

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

"Sandi Toksvig doesn't look feminine at all but she is a CIS woman, are you going to judge how "convincing" she is?"

AHH so it's ok to say someone doesn't look feminine but not ok to ask if someone does.

Glad that's clear.

"I am a trans woman. I wear plenty of make up to look glamorous and feminine. I wear pencil skirts and accessories like cravats.

Yet it's us trans girls who get judged and assessed on how "convincing" or feminine we look and people like Sandi Toksvig look like "ordinary" women apparently.

I know you think people are transphobic, but judging by your replies I think they might just not like your attitude in some instances "

Civilised debate, not a fight, it's not 2009 MSN.

By *ewforestguyMan  over a year ago

England

"Dickheads are dickheads regardless of what sex site they’re on."
. 100%

Why did you feel the need to mention they were Trans? Sadly, many CIS people go off their rocker if we don't state that we are trans within the first sentence of introduction. I was told I am misleading people the other day when they said am I trans and I simply said I'd prefer not to say.

I'm sorry you face the brunt of cis fragility"

Thank you, I appreciate it.

Not only on here but it’s rife over on the gay sister site fabguys it’s pathetic and rather embarrassing TBH

ashford

I know you think people are transphobic, but judging by your replies I think they might just not like your attitude in some instances Civilised debate, not a fight, it's not 2009 MSN. "

Sadly u won't win with some people here! I fully understand your frustrations! So much ignorance in the world makes me sad! x

I know you think people are transphobic, but judging by your replies I think they might just not like your attitude in some instances Civilised debate, not a fight, it's not 2009 MSN.

Sadly u won't win with some people here! I fully understand your frustrations! So much ignorance in the world makes me sad! x"

Thanks. They'll never win as their voices can never stop us living our lives. X

ashford

I know you think people are transphobic, but judging by your replies I think they might just not like your attitude in some instances Civilised debate, not a fight, it's not 2009 MSN.

Sadly u won't win with some people here! I fully understand your frustrations! So much ignorance in the world makes me sad! x Thanks. They'll never win as their voices can never stop us living our lives. X"

Absoulutley! And how it should b x

Paradise, Herts

Sadly u won't win with some people here! I fully understand your frustrations! So much ignorance in the world makes me sad! x Thanks. They'll never win as their voices can never stop us living our lives. X"

Who? Who won’t win? Are you talking about this thread as I’ve just looked through and I don’t see any transphobia. Or are you talking about people in general life who are transphobic?

Sadly u won't win with some people here! I fully understand your frustrations! So much ignorance in the world makes me sad! x Thanks. They'll never win as their voices can never stop us living our lives. X

Who? Who won’t win? Are you talking about this thread as I’ve just looked through and I don’t see any transphobia. Or are you talking about people in general life who are transphobic?"

I'm talking about some*** people posting in this thread and most* of people in general life.

I just want to say, I am sorry if some people thought any of my posts were a personal attack on them, it wasn't. It was an attack on transphobic behaviour. Not everyone on the forums are bad people.

By *andyMinx_tvTV/TS  over a year ago

Leeds

"

This is very sad to read. I have only been to one social and I was the only transgender attendee. But I was made to feel incredibly welcome and it was a great night. So I just wanted to say not all socials are as judgemental as the one you mention and I'm sure there are other events where your attendance will be embraced. Hope you find such an event soon.

It’s unfortunate but same thing with racism and homophobia, it’s present and probably will never go away… just call it out but equally don’t waste too much of your time and energy on it!

No there are knuckle draggers in every walk of life

Yet it's us trans girls who get judged and assessed on how "convincing" or feminine we look and people like Sandi Toksvig look like "ordinary" women apparently."

I don't like the 'convincing' tag either. I wear baggy jeans and tshirts, I wonder how convincing I am.

By *hoirCouple  over a year ago

Bury St Edmunds/Clacton

"

So you didn't get an answer you wanted and you automatically put it down to something extreme? 'Nice' way to cheapen actual victims.

C

I don't like the 'convincing' tag either. I wear baggy jeans and tshirts, I wonder how convincing I am. "

As Sandi Toksvig?

Pretty good

Because Sandi has nothing to prove , being born a woman.

Trans women do (rightly or wrong that , that is) and that is earnt

This thread took a weird fucking turn.

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

[Removed by poster at 29/03/22 12:51:07]

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

These threads soon become a drag..

By *dam and slutCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

I love fab, full of non judgemental people concerned only about just kink....

w

I don't like the 'convincing' tag either. I wear baggy jeans and tshirts, I wonder how convincing I am. "

I always thought the convincing was entirely based on facial features. How feminine someone looks. No including style or body

To me it’s just a way of asking “am I going to meet someone that has a lot of feminine facial features”. Nothing to do with “am I going to judge or label this person as woman / man / no women enough or whatever”

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I'm here wondering why trans people who don't look "convincing" aren't welcome.

Do we have to be pretty and feminine to attend a public social?

I look like Trunchball but I don't get turned down.

Are people so scared of being judged they pander to societal normality?

You can walk into pubs in London and see all manner of human beings, dressed in weird and wonderful clothing.

My first thought wouldn't be, oh, I bet they're swingers, the filthy fuckers.

I think because it sounds like trying to trick somebody.

I think the word used nowadays is PASSING.

Do you pass as a woman or a man.

Also passing is a privilege and isn’t about how attractive somebody is.

A trans woman can pass as a woman but not be an attractive one, it only means that they look, sound, behave just like any cis woman.

But I agree with all you said, genetics come into play (so is someone naturally feminine looking,are they small etc) and then money, for sure! But if someone has good genetics then the less work they have to do, the better.

Early transitioners generally are the ones who pass the easiest

It’s just the truth

East London

I don't like the 'convincing' tag either. I wear baggy jeans and tshirts, I wonder how convincing I am.

I always thought the convincing was entirely based on facial features. How feminine someone looks. No including style or body

To me it’s just a way of asking “am I going to meet someone that has a lot of feminine facial features”. Nothing to do with “am I going to judge or label this person as woman / man / no women enough or whatever” "

She wasn't going there to have sex with anyone, so it wouldn't matter anyway.

We all know swingers are middle aged, Chintz loving, cleavage showing, ankle bracelet wearing women with husbands called Barry.

w

A trans woman can pass as a woman but not be an attractive one, it only means that they look, sound, behave just like any cis woman.

But I agree with all you said, genetics come into play (so is someone naturally feminine looking,are they small etc) and then money, for sure! But if someone has good genetics then the less work they have to do, the better.

It’s just the truth "

Ah, there we go. I get it now. I didn’t think of the added part of “convincing” someone = tricking

Makes sense

So passing or passable? Someone that has a lot of feminine attributes would be passable?

I said in an earlier post about how I just assumed it meant face? Is that true?

Like if I see someone dressed as a man, acting like a man, sounding like a man, but they looked like ariana grande, I’d say they pass

Do you think it’s more then just face? Or is it a personal opinion thing?

w

To me it’s just a way of asking “am I going to meet someone that has a lot of feminine facial features”. Nothing to do with “am I going to judge or label this person as woman / man / no women enough or whatever”

We all know swingers are middle aged, Chintz loving, cleavage showing, ankle bracelet wearing women with husbands called Barry."

I’m speaking generally about the term, not specifically about this situation. As I stated a few posts above in case you missed it

It’s just the truth

Ah, there we go. I get it now. I didn’t think of the added part of “convincing” someone = tricking

Makes sense

So passing or passable? Someone that has a lot of feminine attributes would be passable?

Like if I see someone dressed as a man, acting like a man, sounding like a man, but they looked like ariana grande, I’d say they pass

Do you think it’s more then just face? Or is it a personal opinion thing? "

Just pass or passing.

Well if Ariana Grande sounded just like a man, you’d probably think “what the fuck”

And you’d know there’s something “off”

So she wouldnt be passing (or at least her looks would pass). Voice is probably the prime factor when it comes to being able to tell if somebody is trans.

Passing is more like…… you’d be surprised if somebody said They were trans if you didn’t know.

It can just be with looks too tho, you walk down the street, and you see somebody and don’t think “they must be trans”

They pass (at least visually)

East London

We all know swingers are middle aged, Chintz loving, cleavage showing, ankle bracelet wearing women with husbands called Barry.

I’m speaking generally about the term, not specifically about this situation. As I stated a few posts above in case you missed it "

There's a lot to scroll through.

My point still stands.

w

It’s just the truth

Makes sense

Do you think it’s more then just face? Or is it a personal opinion thing?

Just pass or passing.

Well if Ariana Grande sounded just like a man, you’d probably think “what the fuck”

And you’d know there’s something “off”

So she wouldnt be passing (or at least her looks would pass). Voice is probably the prime factor when it comes to being able to tell if somebody is trans.

Passing is more like…… you’d be surprised if somebody said They were trans if you didn’t know.

It can just be with looks too tho, you walk down the street, and you see somebody and don’t think “they must be trans”

They pass (at least visually)"

Guess it’s just a very personal thing. If Ariana Grande sounded like a bro I’d still pass her enough to wifey up

"Fuck that social."
do you kiss you mother with that mouth

Bury St Edmunds/Clacton

We all know swingers are middle aged, Chintz loving, cleavage showing, ankle bracelet wearing women with husbands called Barry."

Funny enough my parents have an awful lot of friends called Barry

P

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

"What?

I wouldn't have expected to come across transphobia on here. "

Just sexism, racism, religious bigotry and general narrow mindedness etc

Astrologists seem to do ok , not too much hate

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

@damian. Thank you for sharing your side. From your reply I saw you had a concern you wanted to be reassured on. Having read this thread, would you rephrase how you addressed that concern, and how ? Or are you happy with the appraoch you took?

(Assume she was 25 to avoid the age angle to all this)

Bury St Edmunds/Clacton

"I'm here wondering why trans people who don't look "convincing" aren't welcome.

Do we have to be pretty and feminine to attend a public social?

I look like Trunchball but I don't get turned down.

Are people so scared of being judged they pander to societal normality?

You can walk into pubs in London and see all manner of human beings, dressed in weird and wonderful clothing.

My first thought wouldn't be, oh, I bet they're swingers, the filthy fuckers."

We've seen your pics and you're not Trunchball!

Manchester is great at times due to the sheer difference in people. It turns violent at times due to the different biases at play but always fun.

C

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

All some people do on here is look for words people might say to twist them in order to try an make it some sort of phobia or ist. It’s so fucking obvious too. I’ve seen it loads lately and it’s sad and says more about them than anyone else.

Pisses me right off. "

There is a new culture of people who demand to be victims and demand to be the centre of the universe and everyone else adjusts their language and culture.

It’s absolutely nothing to do with trans , but unfortunately it’s a few trans activists driving it infiltrating big media and public bodies like bbc and U.K. universities. The Marxist left can’t get power politically anymore so this is the next best option

Pisses me right off.

There is a new culture of people who demand to be victims and demand to be the centre of the universe and everyone else adjusts their language and culture.

It’s absolutely nothing to do with trans , but unfortunately it’s a few trans activists driving it infiltrating big media and public bodies like bbc and U.K. universities. The Marxist left can’t get power politically anymore so this is the next best option "

U know what, I’m going to have agree and it’s sad that some individuals seem to want to shout loud their version of the narrative and expect people to listen.

I’m sorry but that’s only gonna do the exact opposite.

I think lived experience and telling that story with grace and passion, in a pure genuine way, will make individual who don’t totally understand trans issues, or what it means to be trans, listen and think , maybe… “oh yes , shit, I see that and I respect that”

I always say that I don’t need people to fully understand what I’ve gone through or how it feels to be in my shoes, but I appreciate when people listen and maybe learn something new from me and my experiences

Or other fellow women and men of trans experience x

ashford

Pisses me right off.

It’s absolutely nothing to do with trans , but unfortunately it’s a few trans activists driving it infiltrating big media and public bodies like bbc and U.K. universities. The Marxist left can’t get power politically anymore so this is the next best option

U know what, I’m going to have agree and it’s sad that some individuals seem to want to shout loud their version of the narrative and expect people to listen.

I think lived experience and telling that story with grace and passion, in a pure genuine way, will make individual who don’t totally understand trans issues, or what it means to be trans, listen and think , maybe… “oh yes , shit, I see that and I respect that”

I always say that I don’t need people to fully understand what I’ve gone through or how it feels to be in my shoes, but I appreciate when people listen and maybe learn something new from me and my experiences

Or other fellow women and men of trans experience x "

I love how u respond kylie and stay so laid back! U are truly an inspiration! Xx

Paradise, Herts

Pisses me right off.

Or other fellow women and men of trans experience x "

Paradise, Herts

Pisses me right off.

It’s absolutely nothing to do with trans , but unfortunately it’s a few trans activists driving it infiltrating big media and public bodies like bbc and U.K. universities. The Marxist left can’t get power politically anymore so this is the next best option "

This too

Unfortunately there is bullying and ridicule everywhere.

All through my life as a child, at school and in every job Ive done I was abused because I looked "different",ie feminine features and because of my height,that was BEFORE I started transitioning.

Some people were born in the wrong body and if anyone has ever done the SAGE tests they will know there is a lot more to it than just looks, (ie fem thought patterns).

Personnally as a frequent member on here for many years Ive never experienced any phobic comments at all, and 99% of male enquirers are "straight", having said that I never approach anyone first.

There is a far right Tory newspaper who publish anti-trans features daily to whip things up, but, to be fair thats usually because of the looney "Trans-rights" activists causing mischief, I wish the activists would go away ,they are causing far more damage and hatred, they dont speak for me, I blend in, keep myself to myself ,I dont totter down the street in a party wig with thigh boots, and, being as though I am not having the final op I DONT consider it my right to use womens changing rooms or toilets.

"

I love how u respond kylie and stay so laid back! U are truly an inspiration! Xx "

Thanks lovely I am trying

I mean I’ve been apparently told today on here that I don’t know what it means to be trans

Me ….

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

It was mentioned online that when not long after brexit was started, there was a decrease in tolerating the LGBTQ community.

ashford

"

I love how u respond kylie and stay so laid back! U are truly an inspiration! Xx

I mean I’ve been apparently told today on here that I don’t know what it means to be trans

Me …. "

Ohh dear!! x

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

There are ugly people everywhere even here.

"There are ugly people everywhere even here."

Alright jeez.

That’s why I hid my face.

Uncalled for.

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

"

We had a reading social in a pub and a lovely trans woman joined us.

By *heGateKeeperMan  over a year ago

Stratford

Interesting perspective. This site is merely a microcosm of society.

I would absolutely expect to find misogynist, racism, homophobia and transphobia here, just as I do in wider society.

That said, it’s not nice that you and your friend had to go through that and at least you now know where not to visit

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

You said your friend was 20.

They said there is an age limit of 21.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"This thread took a weird fucking turn."

There's a joke in there somewhere Johnny

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"@damian. Thank you for sharing your side. From your reply I saw you had a concern you wanted to be reassured on. Having read this thread, would you rephrase how you addressed that concern, and how ? Or are you happy with the appraoch you took?

(Assume she was 25 to avoid the age angle to all this)"

not Damian. @lizzy

"

Why not just ask if you could bring a +1? No need to elaborate on that.

You posted the same on fab and the gender critical crew have jumped all over it, it’s so embarrassing the gay community over on the forum are so transphobic

Fabguys the gay sister site ^

"

Me …. "

Maybe you could ask a trans person what it's like.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"

Me …. "

Wow

"Unfortunately there is bullying and ridicule everywhere.

All through my life as a child, at school and in every job Ive done I was abused because I looked "different",ie feminine features and because of my height,that was BEFORE I started transitioning.

Some people were born in the wrong body and if anyone has ever done the SAGE tests they will know there is a lot more to it than just looks, (ie fem thought patterns).

Personnally as a frequent member on here for many years Ive never experienced any phobic comments at all, and 99% of male enquirers are "straight", having said that I never approach anyone first.

There is a far right Tory newspaper who publish anti-trans features daily to whip things up, but, to be fair thats usually because of the looney "Trans-rights" activists causing mischief, I wish the activists would go away ,they are causing far more damage and hatred, they dont speak for me, I blend in, keep myself to myself ,I dont totter down the street in a party wig with thigh boots, and, being as though I am not having the final op I DONT consider it my right to use womens changing rooms or toilets."

Re your last point, can I ask if you do use them though ?

ashford

"Unfortunately there is bullying and ridicule everywhere.

There is a far right Tory newspaper who publish anti-trans features daily to whip things up, but, to be fair thats usually because of the looney "Trans-rights" activists causing mischief, I wish the activists would go away ,they are causing far more damage and hatred, they dont speak for me, I blend in, keep myself to myself ,I dont totter down the street in a party wig with thigh boots, and, being as though I am not having the final op I DONT consider it my right to use womens changing rooms or toilets."

Weather u have yet final op or not its your right to use womens rest rooms x

There are all kinds of bigots on here as well as every where else in the world

This site wouldn't be any different

By *Ivy xCouple  over a year ago

Belper

"But hey ho.

I wont bother agaon.

U OK HUN? I suggest you grow some braincells and stop speaking like a 14 year old American Instagrammer."

How does this not count as bitching?

No need to be that nasty.

This post reeks of the transphobia you claim doesn't exist

"

Me ….

Wow "

I know

I’m baffled too as people have the option of choosing what there looking for so choosing to abuse transgender is next level! Bad these people really need educating ??

» Add a new message to this topic