FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Question to the fora…

Question to the fora…

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

To those that populate the forums daily, do ever go through it all and start typing then think no, I’m not saying that, or I’m definitely not speaking my mind in that one cos I will be here all fecking day, and then stare at the forum from the outside, looking through the bar window at all those lovely people thinking, you know what today I got nothing, is forum block a thing

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Yep I quite often write something and then don't bother posting in the end Recently I've found myself posting less than I use to. I read the threads and usually go yep others have more or less said what I would have so I can't be bothered .

By *enriette and SamCouple  over a year ago

The Magic whip

I was gonna type something but I got bored.

Hope this helps

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Yes. Or, that'll get me a ban, or I can't be bothered to argue.

By *ong-leggedblondWoman  over a year ago

Next Door

I often type something out and then delete it.

I'm not posting much in threads lately, I'm preferring just reading what others are posting and having dm's.

By *camberMan  over a year ago

pontypool

have just done exactly that..typed a response and then just thought no...it'll be taken the wrong way, then I'll have to explain or put up with someone's ire, and can't be bothered. Maybe it's an age thing

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

Yes but not because of fear of backlash etc and more I just can't be arsed that day to bother with it.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Occasionally

Ummm

By *estarossa.Woman  over a year ago

Flagrante

"Yep I quite often write something and then don't bother posting in the end Recently I've found myself posting less than I use to. I read the threads and usually go yep others have more or less said what I would have so I can't be bothered ."

This.

By *ittlebirdWoman  over a year ago

The Big Smoke

All the time

By *ultured Gent16Man  over a year ago

close.

I post plenty.

It gets ignored anyway but that’s a mark off days bucket list to have achieved creative writing.

It’s probably more interesting than “would you do the person above you?” Or “How many people are on your block list” or “do you prefer hairer women.

I’m just not appreciated in my own time like so many truly great people.

Yes because some users have been known to get a lifetime ban from using the forums, over minor comments.

Other wise there wouldn't be so much kiss arse and flying low.

I rarely write what I'm actually thinking. It's more a watershed version I end up posting.

Also sometimes I'd rather watch TV and listen to David Attenborough than comment on anything.

A bit like that ^

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

Many’s the time I write a post, then preview it just to check I actually typed what I was thinking, and then thought, naaaa that’ll get me banned and deleted it.

By *elix SightedMan  over a year ago

Your internet

I quite often change my mind about a post, but only because I know I have not succeeded in articulating my thoughts properly. Sometimes it ends up being a brain dump or catharsis enough just to write the words and not publish them.

By *ildblonde69Woman  over a year ago

south west

"Yep I quite often write something and then don't bother posting in the end Recently I've found myself posting less than I use to. I read the threads and usually go yep others have more or less said what I would have so I can't be bothered ."

Exactly this

I start typing something but, on realisation that it will waste another 20 seconds of my life....

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

I absolutely get days like this. I want to be involved and in with the flirting and the banter but my brain just deserts me and I end up posting shite I would probably cringe at by trying to force it too hard. After a few days of that, thankfully for the rest of the forum users, I tend to go back to my charming, witty and humble self

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

"I often type something out and then delete it.

I'm not posting much in threads lately, I'm preferring just reading what others are posting and having dm's."

Pretty much this minus the dm's

close.

I had the nerve and audacity to call a guy a “tool” who stated that mental health these days is a road only taken by miscreants to the benefits heaven for the lazy.

I was banned for 48 hours.

By *cottish guy 555Man  over a year ago

London

Some threads I am tempted to respond to a particular comment but often just stop as I know it's pointless, and I don't want to get into replying to someone intentionally being ignorant or obnoxious.

Which is a shame when some people spoil things for others, especially when often it's the same people again and again

By *uriouscouple83Couple  over a year ago

Worcester

I did it just then, this is take three. Sometimes I feel like I don’t want to burden people with my opinions.

close.

DM’s???

Women actually reply to well thought you and complimentary messages tinged with humour a feel good vibe???

Nahh.

You’re lying!!!

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Nah, I say what I want

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

"Nah, I say what I want "

You can't tell me that what you want to say is always within the forum rules

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Nah, I say what I want

You can't tell me that what you want to say is always within the forum rules "

I can usually find a way

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

"I had the nerve and audacity to call a guy a “tool” who stated that mental health these days is a road only taken by miscreants to the benefits heaven for the lazy.

I was banned for 48 hours. "

It would probably have been wiser to challenge his view without resorting to name calling

By *empest2kMan  over a year ago

Derby

"To those that populate the forums daily, do ever go through it all and start typing then think no, I’m not saying that, or I’m definitely not speaking my mind in that one cos I will be here all fecking day, and then stare at the forum from the outside, looking through the bar window at all those lovely people thinking, you know what today I got nothing, is forum block a thing "

Kinda, but mine is borne more out of self-doubt that keeps telling me I'm not one of the ‘cool kids’ on here and therefore irrelevant. Obviously, I try to overcome it with humour, but it's definitely a challenge. I'm not giving up though, so that's a plus!

This was me at 5am this morning, sitting on my fingers resisting the urge to type out a response to a thread. Didn't have too, the hole was dug already

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I'll know it when I find it.

Not as often any more.

I don't have the energy or desire to keep filtering/editing myself so I'm more... acceptable. If anything, right now, I'm more likely to post my response/thoughts without overthinking.

Your internet

"This was me at 5am this morning, sitting on my fingers resisting the urge to type out a response to a thread. Didn't have too, the hole was dug already

"

Sitting on your fingers sounds like you were too busy to post on fab

p.s. just to add on to my comment above, this is why I no longer post in the Politics subforum anymore either. Clearly individuals and views like mine are not welcome for the select clique that use that place as an echo chamber. So I'll just self-censor and self-bar myself from there to save myself any grief.

And if things keep up the same way in the main forum here, I'll gladly disappear from the forums as well.

So many words unwritten, so many posts unposted. It's for the best

"This was me at 5am this morning, sitting on my fingers resisting the urge to type out a response to a thread. Didn't have too, the hole was dug already

Sitting on your fingers sounds like you were too busy to post on fab "

I prefer to sit on someone else's fingers

Noi post it anyway

I don’t care.

Not been banned yet

Your internet

I prefer to sit on someone else's fingers "

*checks times for the sleeper train to Edinburgh

I prefer to sit on someone else's fingers

*checks times for the sleeper train to Edinburgh "

I wouldn't want to give you cramp

By *oystick-MCRMan  over a year ago

Manchester | London

Bookmarking

By *oystick-MCRMan  over a year ago

Manchester | London

"Bookmarking "

Probably won’t be back to post

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Some discretion can be a good thing, as cam energy conservation.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"To those that populate the forums daily, do ever go through it all and start typing then think no, I’m not saying that, or I’m definitely not speaking my mind in that one cos I will be here all fecking day, and then stare at the forum from the outside, looking through the bar window at all those lovely people thinking, you know what today I got nothing, is forum block a thing "

Some days I am here all day. The joy of what I do gives me the scope to use my time as I will frequently. Other times I'll be tied up away from the forums for a day or two completely.

I use the forums as an outlet on breaks from work. Sometimes pointless, humorous, entertaining threads. Sometimes more serious ones. Sometimes one's where I'll happily argue my view for as long as I have time.

Everyone can post as often or as little as they wish. Nobody has to agree with someone else. If someone wants to argue a position I disagree with, and I feel I can honestly counter an argument with valid, peer reviewed research and supporting evidence then bring it on.

Some people will argue black is white, up is down and that they couldn't possibly be wrong. Their prerogative. Others throw 'facts' around as if cast in stone when there's nothing to back up their claims. Again - their prerogative.

One thing that's always been true on the Fab forums.

There are some incredibly knowledgeable, highly articulate and well educated people on here more than capable of supporting their viewpoint and countering those of others in a logical, sound manner.

There are also those that would put complete faith in a youtube video, meme or social media soundbite.

The two do battle on a regular basis in here and always will.

A

"To those that populate the forums daily, do ever go through it all and start typing then think no, I’m not saying that, or I’m definitely not speaking my mind in that one cos I will be here all fecking day, and then stare at the forum from the outside, looking through the bar window at all those lovely people thinking, you know what today I got nothing, is forum block a thing

Some days I am here all day. The joy of what I do gives me the scope to use my time as I will frequently. Other times I'll be tied up away from the forums for a day or two completely.

I use the forums as an outlet on breaks from work. Sometimes pointless, humorous, entertaining threads. Sometimes more serious ones. Sometimes one's where I'll happily argue my view for as long as I have time.

Everyone can post as often or as little as they wish. Nobody has to agree with someone else. If someone wants to argue a position I disagree with, and I feel I can honestly counter an argument with valid, peer reviewed research and supporting evidence then bring it on.

Some people will argue black is white, up is down and that they couldn't possibly be wrong. Their prerogative. Others throw 'facts' around as if cast in stone when there's nothing to back up their claims. Again - their prerogative.

There are some incredibly knowledgeable, highly articulate and well educated people on here more than capable of supporting their viewpoint and countering those of others in a logical, sound manner.

There are also those that would put complete faith in a youtube video, meme or social media soundbite.

A"

So according to our previous interaction, questioning the provenance and basis of the facts and statistics used by anybody in support of their argument must mean that they're illogical and unsound in opposing said argument being propagated?

Rhetorical question. No need to answer that. We both know what you'll say.

FYI, yelling loudest that "you've got all the facts and statistics" doesn't let you automatically win an argument or convince anybody you're right. Facts can be falsified. Statistics can be gamed by the methods of collection and loaded questions/criteria asked/used to collect them.

If your idea of debating/arguing with anybody is simply to trot out statistics and act like that makes you the smartest in the argument, then all I can say is you MAY win heads who can't be bothered to dig through all the numbers you throw at them and just accept things at face value, but you'll NEVER win hearts.

Good evening. Just as well our paths never cross.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Yes. Sometimes I type a reply and then think , Do I really want to get involved in this assinine trivia?' .......

Or sometimes I think ..... Jesus , if i am honest even polite and honest the person i'm speaking to will start the drama and tears...... if they are so fucking fragile why do they ask?

Or sometimes I think ...... this person is obvs unhinged, don't reply.

And sometimes I think ...... anything to pass the time is better than this

There are many times I type and don't post.

King's Crustacean

"Yes because some users have been known to get a lifetime ban from using the forums, over minor comments.

Other wise there wouldn't be so much kiss arse and flying low."

"Yes. Sometimes I type a reply and then think , Do I really want to get involved in this assinine trivia?' .......

Or sometimes I think ..... Jesus , if i am honest even polite and honest the person i'm speaking to will start the drama and tears...... if they are so fucking fragile why do they ask?

Or sometimes I think ...... this person is obvs unhinged, don't reply.

And sometimes I think ...... anything to pass the time is better than this

There are many times I type and don't post.

"

Christ, yes

King's Crustacean

"I had the nerve and audacity to call a guy a “tool” who stated that mental health these days is a road only taken by miscreants to the benefits heaven for the lazy.

I was banned for 48 hours. "

So you should be. Express yourself without insult.

"p.s. just to add on to my comment above, this is why I no longer post in the Politics subforum anymore either. Clearly individuals and views like mine are not welcome for the select clique that use that place as an echo chamber. So I'll just self-censor and self-bar myself from there to save myself any grief.

And if things keep up the same way in the main forum here, I'll gladly disappear from the forums as well. "

Your insightful and supportive contributions will be missed.

By someone

King's Crustacean

"Noi post it anyway

I don’t care.

Not been banned yet "

You don't though Wonko.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

We've had a forum ban previously, I do type stuff than read and think actually better not post that.

Mrs

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I sometimes type and delete because I feel I'm repeating myself and sometimes I just don't want to lower myself to their level.

I sometimes type and post because I feel I'm repeating myself and I very much want to lower myself to their level.

I'm as guilty as anyone else for posting inane stuff on here but some posters obviously feel if they say something on here it will balance the diametrically opposing views they offer in private.

I sometimes type and delete because I feel I'm repeating myself.

King's Crustacean

"To those that populate the forums daily, do ever go through it all and start typing then think no, I’m not saying that, or I’m definitely not speaking my mind in that one cos I will be here all fecking day, and then stare at the forum from the outside, looking through the bar window at all those lovely people thinking, you know what today I got nothing, is forum block a thing

A

So according to our previous interaction, questioning the provenance and basis of the facts and statistics used by anybody in support of their argument must mean that they're illogical and unsound in opposing said argument being propagated?

Rhetorical question. No need to answer that. We both know what you'll say.

FYI, yelling loudest that "you've got all the facts and statistics" doesn't let you automatically win an argument or convince anybody you're right. Facts can be falsified. Statistics can be gamed by the methods of collection and loaded questions/criteria asked/used to collect them.

If your idea of debating/arguing with anybody is simply to trot out statistics and act like that makes you the smartest in the argument, then all I can say is you MAY win heads who can't be bothered to dig through all the numbers you throw at them and just accept things at face value, but you'll NEVER win hearts.

Good evening. Just as well our paths never cross. "

Oh the injustice of it all ..... well i'm laughing.

King's Crustacean

Talk about running into a path just because you weren't the target ...

"Talk about running into a path just because you weren't the target ... "

lol i do the exact same thing!

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

no but i type out the whole of my reply then think no and move on lol

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

What about the forna?

» Add a new message to this topic